Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibleandyistic
We got them veenoms!

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Lot
Re: Vegetarians / Vegans [Re: aDoS]
    #61668 - 06/19/08 08:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

We need to start eating oatment with meat in it.

I personally recommend sausage pourage. :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegodspeedyou
to the face
Male

Re: Vegetarians / Vegans [Re: ezKiel]
    #61906 - 06/19/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ezKiel said:
Farmer make sure they are fed and in the least stress possible (Stress produces poorer quality meat).

Yes it is true that the meat is poorer quality, but if you're claiming that the animals are stress free, you haven't seen the conditions of most animal farms. Kosher farms are much more humane than the ordinary. I have seen videos of chicken farms in america that use a method of grabbing the chicken by the head and twirling it around to break its neck to kill it. At this same farm, the chickens aren't able to move in their cages and often the chickens die and rot in these same cages.

Quote:

ezKiel said:
Did you not kill a plant to sustain your own life? Who are you to judge how I sustain my life.

I assume you live in a developed nation, and because you do, you have the resources to survive and choose what foods you eat to "sustain your life." If you lived in an impoverished nation and could only eat animals to survive, then I wouldn't frown upon it.

Quote:

ezKiel said:
Killing a cow removes a source of CO2, Methane and saves a huge amount of grass.

Yes, methane is a big environmental issue because of the vast quantities of cows, but killing them won't fix anything. There are so many cows in the first place because of America's demand for beef.

I don't mean to come off as pretentious by saying "killed for your hedonism" but it is the truth. The reason people do not want to give up meat is because (most frequently) they like how it tastes. If you claim health reasons, then you haven't researched it enough. My mother is a nutritionist and a vegetarian and I know for a fact you can get enough B12 and protein through drinking milk and eating soy and bean products.

The reason I gave up meat was the simple realization that I am an animal, and just like any other living being, I can die at any moment. I choose compassion and choose not to hurt any animals in any way.

Because I am that guy, I'm posting a William Blake poem as the icing on the cake.
Quote:

William Blake, The Fly
Little Fly,
Thy summer's play
My thoughtless hand
Has brushed away.

Am not I
A fly like thee?
Or art not thou
A man like me?

For I dance
And drink, and sing,
Till some blind hand
Shall brush my wing.

If thought is life
And strength and breath
And the want
Of thought is death;

Then am I
A happy fly,
If I live,
Or if I die.

I apologize for such a long post.

--------------------
Try to realize it's all within yourself
No-one else can make you change

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: Vegetarians / Vegans [Re: godspeedyou]
    #61932 - 06/19/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Vegetarians / Vegans [Re: beatyou]
    #61970 - 06/19/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yum  :yummy:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineaDoS
freedom lover
Male

Loc: land of the free
    #61978 - 06/19/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i am eating ice cream

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
Re: Vegetarians / Vegans [Re: THEBats]
    #62121 - 06/20/08 01:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

right o

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#62423 - 06/20/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals