Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! * 2
    #776080 - 04/15/15 03:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Many of you may know the fact there are more chickens then humans in this world. Interesting fact, please keep reading: there are 7 billion people in the world. as you can imagine that amount of chickens would take up some space. There are not millions of farmers.. and nor is there as large of demand anywhere for chicken as large as the U.S. of A. Because of this high demand paired with the mentality that no one would pay more then 5 bucks for a pound of chicken breast, causes these 'farmers' (believe me they are very far from farmers) to house large amounts of chickens in tight cages with zero light.. These chickens are being born into this world and killed within 40-60 days.. The normal life of a chicken used to be 10-15 years. I would compare this to the movie The Matrix when the machines were growing humans to kill them immediately... EXCEPT contrary to that movie where the people live in an okay world. The chickens are tortured and born into hell. All of these animals are torchered. 1/4 of boiler chickens (chickens bred for meat) die from shock of the conditions. Plenty are born with deformities. This is disgusting.. Not even mentioning the ridiculous amount of energy and power it causes to produce all this meat. And this kind of outline is used in almost every meat product from dairy, to cows to everything.

I LOVE MEAT! I do, I do, but I gotta be realistic and realize that the demand for this stuff is not sustainable and its fucking grossing me out. With the amount of food the average American would like to eat day to day, grains, and veggies can be grown more efficiently at much less of the cost of money, and harm to land and air around us. I typed this out pretty fast excuse the errors, but I'd like some opinions on if you agree, it's not realistic to provide chicken and meats 24/7 around the country..

Edited by BruceDabber (04/15/15 04:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber] * 3
    #776081 - 04/15/15 04:01 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

If slaughterhouses had glass walls everyone would be vegetarian.
-Paul McCartney

Edited by Bumble_Dick (04/15/15 04:02 PM)

Offlinepizzeria
Stranger

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Bumble_Dick] * 3
    #776086 - 04/15/15 05:18 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Well I guess this makes me pay the 1$ extra for free range birdies

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #776088 - 04/15/15 05:49 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
-Paul McCartney

<---- a short video of Paul McCartney giving you a basic rundown of what happens in slaughter houses conveniently titled after your quote. The video is hard to watch for obvious reasons outlined in my post above.

InvisibleAlounacara
Born to be banned....
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Spicemaster, Texas
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber]
    #776122 - 04/16/15 12:29 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I eat the fuck outta chicken everyday
I would probably even eat hippies everyday but they are disgusting human beings:crankey:

--------------------
You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name..

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Alounacara]
    #776136 - 04/16/15 03:45 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alounacara said:
I eat the fuck outta chicken everyday
I would probably even eat hippies everyday but they are disgusting human beings:crankey:

there's an article somewhere claiming that metalheads have the worst health compared to other genre followers. :shrug:

i've never read the full story though but chicken is great.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: nannybooboo]
    #776143 - 04/16/15 05:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah those chicken houses are ugly blemishes on our landscape, and they are everywhere. If you ride thru the country in the SE you will notice these big nasty long buildings. But what production model by humans is appealing to the eye? Obviously we love our chicken and meat too much to even think or feel at all. Ah the human condition.
Its disgusting
Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: pizzeria]
    #776150 - 04/16/15 08:19 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
-Paul McCartney

I produce my own eggs, and to a lesser extent my own poultry. If I had more land (working on it) I would have a number of other animals for the intent of producing food, and I do home-slaughter when it is appropriate.

Quote:

pizzeria said:

Free-range is mostly bullshit- they are treated little better and will never stand up without touching another chicken, to my understanding.  They are still inside a multi-level structure that is not open-air. Excellent marketing point though, for a low cost meat. They also need their beaks clipped off because they're not in cages and sometimes kill each other out of frustration.

I have 3 chickens for 25sq ft of open run for them just this minute (edit: but even if I was full at 15 chickens then they would still have 50 times the space free range hens do)- I was on a website a second ago showing how fucking awful the poultry industry is and offered egg substitute recipes for baking instead of being like, yo keep two chickens around and you'll never buy eggs again (edit again: or at least two years per hen) and you can ensure excellent care is taken of them, stop being lazy, fuck.

Besides, eggs you get at a store are over a week old anyway by the time you get to them. Fresh eggs have a totally different (creamier) consistancy and my wife think's they taste better. They also look totally different- top egg is from store, bottom right is like a day old, bottom left was still hot from coming out of the hen.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (04/16/15 08:23 AM)

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: SleepAid]
    #776212 - 04/16/15 03:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
-Paul McCartney

I produce my own eggs, and to a lesser extent my own poultry. If I had more land (working on it) I would have a number of other animals for the intent of producing food, and I do home-slaughter when it is appropriate.

Quote:

pizzeria said:

Free-range is mostly bullshit- they are treated little better and will never stand up without touching another chicken, to my understanding.  They are still inside a multi-level structure that is not open-air. Excellent marketing point though, for a low cost meat. They also need their beaks clipped off because they're not in cages and sometimes kill each other out of frustration.

I have 3 chickens for 25sq ft of open run for them just this minute (edit: but even if I was full at 15 chickens then they would still have 50 times the space free range hens do)- I was on a website a second ago showing how fucking awful the poultry industry is and offered egg substitute recipes for baking instead of being like, yo keep two chickens around and you'll never buy eggs again (edit again: or at least two years per hen) and you can ensure excellent care is taken of them, stop being lazy, fuck.

Besides, eggs you get at a store are over a week old anyway by the time you get to them. Fresh eggs have a totally different (creamier) consistancy and my wife think's they taste better. They also look totally different- top egg is from store, bottom right is like a day old, bottom left was still hot from coming out of the hen.

PREEECH! I just knew that free range shit was, bullshit! UGH! More power to you, I see nothing wrong with 'eating' meat. Fuck animals eat meat too... I have a problem with human beings as a society not willing to accept that the meat and dairy industry is grotesque and hell like. Bro, when I saw that the chickens were still alive hanging upside down on a rotator belt before being killed, I was done. I can't support that Matrix like bullshit.. I also can't support these 'fools' (many more derogatory terms I'd prefer to use for intensity) that work in the houses who morally see nothing wrong with what they are doing. Dudes stomping on chickens heads, throwing them..

Edited by BruceDabber (04/16/15 04:04 PM)

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber]
    #776216 - 04/16/15 04:26 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I've worked on two seperate chicken farms, between 40,000 and and 1,000,000+ chickens. By far the worst jobs I've had.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #776218 - 04/16/15 04:41 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bumble_Dick said:
I've worked on two seperate chicken farms, between 40,000 and and 1,000,000+ chickens. By far the worst jobs I've had.

I imagine the smell alone was enormous. Just passing those big plants makes my nose say NOPE.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: SleepAid]
    #776236 - 04/16/15 06:39 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, sleepy. You do accept that for a large majority of the population owning 2 chickens is not reasonable, right?

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber] * 1
    #776242 - 04/16/15 06:58 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

My hometown has a community garden that also raises livestock. If enough people pitched in, it would be perfectly feasible for everyone to have fresh food.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#776257 - 04/16/15 07:39 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Hey, sleepy. You do accept that for a large majority of the population owning 2 chickens is not reasonable, right?

I would be more willing to accept that a large majority of people who are able to are not willing to.

I suppose it would depend on what you are prioritizing before I could say weather or not it is reasonable but I would not agree with a statement saying not just the majority but a large majority are unable to, even though that's not exactly what you said.
I live in a residential neighborhood and do not have any more land than an average front and back yard. The man I bought one of my hens from uses a small area in his garage with artificial lighting.

And where it is unreasonable/impossible for the individual (I'm not completely insane, I certainly agree that there are situations were this is completely unfeasible but I feel like if societal norms were slightly different it wouldn't be as impossible)....  I have 15 chickens during summer - that's nearly 15 eggs a day. I assure you I can't eat that many myself and the people on my block who do not or cannot own chickens still have fresh eggs for free. :cool:

I can really only speak for myself but free food at a higher quality than is available when paid for seems like the most reasonable thing in the world to me.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
    #776280 - 04/16/15 10:52 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

i was referring to all the people who don't own a house or rent an apartment or condo. This would include entire cities.

More awareness as a community to provide humane food would be cool like bumbledick said. Pretty positive stuff!

Edited by BruceDabber (04/16/15 10:53 PM)

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #776329 - 04/17/15 03:39 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
i love chicken wangs!

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#776330 - 04/17/15 03:49 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

lets go chicken hunting

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#776340 - 04/17/15 07:11 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
i was referring to all the people who don't own a house or rent an apartment or condo. This would include entire cities.

I was not aware we had entire cities lacking completely in houses, apartment, or condos (yes, I'm joking, I understand what you're trying to say). I agree that in some cases it's simply impossible, I think I said that already, but with the people who can and do not (or never even considered it) there could be a serious drop in demand from these farms that are so fucking gnarly.

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
More awareness as a community to provide humane food would be cool like bumbledick said. Pretty positive stuff!

Quote:

SleepAid said:
And where it is unreasonable/impossible for the individual....  I have 15 chickens during summer - that's nearly 15 eggs a day. I assure you I can't eat that many myself and the people on my block who do not or cannot own chickens still have fresh eggs for free. :cool:

You know, there's a community garden out in the park that's a stone throw away from me. I wonder if I can fix it up this summer as a community project, that shit's been overgrown and fucked up for the past couple years.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (04/17/15 08:37 AM)

OfflineDr.Dankhead
Dr.

#776360 - 04/17/15 11:01 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

A lot of cities have stupid ordinances that don't allow un domesticated animals.. And people can argue to death, but the city (my city) doesn't consider chickens domesticated.. Even though their in a cage, or even inside my house.

It's fucked up.. I had to give my wittle chickens away.. I grew em from little eggs, when they were little peeps, I'd call their names and they'd come bolting in  on their two little feets and make their little peep noises.. I miss them.. The city people came out and told me to get rid of them.. So I gave them to one of my farmer friends where I thought they'd be safe, and a neighbor dog ate my little chicken:sad:

Poor little chickens.

Anyway, the average person even with land the means just doesn't want to give time to raise chickens.. And I think the majority of people can't bring themselfs to kill and animal they've raised.. I know I couldnt. But then again, I had the intentions of keeping my chickens as pets.. If I were to raise an animal to but her it, I'd have to only feed it and keep it alive. If I spent any time admiring the animal I wouldn't be able to kill it.. It's easier for people to go to the grocery store to buy their food. They get the benifits with out having to do the hard work.

If everyone was aware of the epidemic with slaughterhouses, I don't think people would support that at all.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Dr.Dankhead]
    #776361 - 04/17/15 12:19 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's not bound to happen ever but I just wanted to add to the conversation.

Most people frankly would never be able to produce chicken at the rate they consume it anyway, sadly.

On a more positive note, my city recently ruled to allow goats within residential neighborhoods so I'm considering getting a micro dairy goat as well.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates