Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDr.Dankhead
Dr.

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: SleepAid]
    #776363 - 04/17/15 12:24 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

That would be awesome.. I've always wanted a goat. Cute little thangs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Dr.Dankhead]
    #776364 - 04/17/15 12:38 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, I'm probably not going to and will just stick with my chickens and quail but it's always nice to have the option.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: SleepAid]
    #776375 - 04/17/15 03:00 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

BruceDabber said:
i was referring to all the people who don't own a house or rent an apartment or condo. This would include entire cities.

I was not aware we had entire cities lacking completely in houses, apartment, or condos (yes, I'm joking, I understand what you're trying to say). I agree that in some cases it's simply impossible, I think I said that already, but with the people who can and do not (or never even considered it) there could be a serious drop in demand from these farms that are so fucking gnarly.

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
More awareness as a community to provide humane food would be cool like bumbledick said. Pretty positive stuff!

Quote:

SleepAid said:
And where it is unreasonable/impossible for the individual....  I have 15 chickens during summer - that's nearly 15 eggs a day. I assure you I can't eat that many myself and the people on my block who do not or cannot own chickens still have fresh eggs for free. :cool:

You know, there's a community garden out in the park that's a stone throw away from me. I wonder if I can fix it up this summer as a community project, that shit's been overgrown and fucked up for the past couple years.

I took a few dabs before I wrote that, fortunately now is no different, but I was trying to say places like Manhatten, Chicago and the likes.
Quote:

SleepAid said:
Yeah, it's not bound to happen ever but I just wanted to add to the conversation.

Most people frankly would never be able to produce chicken at the rate they consume it anyway, sadly.

On a more positive note, my city recently ruled to allow goats within residential neighborhoods so I'm considering getting a micro dairy goat as well.

Like I had said at the end of my initial post (don't know the correct term for the first post) "With the amount of food the average American would like to eat day to day, grains, and veggies can be grown more efficiently at much less of the cost of money, and harm to land and air around us." So sleepy you're optimistic on the farm idea. I like it and I think it should be considered, but I think people need to take a break on meat and explore the veggies. I mean if we ate the amount of veggies we smoked we'd be pretty full. And grains of course.. Fruits.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber]
    #776377 - 04/17/15 03:20 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Like I had said at the end of my initial post (don't know the correct term for the first post) "With the amount of food the average American would like to eat day to day, grains, and veggies can be grown more efficiently at much less of the cost of money, and harm to land and air around us." So sleepy you're optimistic on the farm idea. I like it and I think it should be considered, but I think people need to take a break on meat and explore the veggies. I mean if we ate the amount of veggies we smoked we'd be pretty full. And grains of course.. Fruits.

Certainly! There was a moment were we (or at least I) were talking more specifically about eggs and keeping a couple chickens for the benefit of that constant supply of protein from them- which is what I was mainly advocating - I don't see people keeping chickens themselves for producing meat being a very viable option in most cases.
Maybe what I was saying earlier might appear slightly less absurd with this in mind- I may not have been as clear as I thought I was in my head. Not sure it was too clear I was focusing on the idea of egg production.

PS- we call it OP, Original Post.

edit: and if you want to get holistic with it you can use the eggshells/manure from the chickens to compost and fertilize your vegetable garden with (great for fruit trees)

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (04/17/15 03:23 PM)

Invisibledrawde
    #776418 - 04/18/15 08:02 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I'm now approaching seven years since I've eaten an animal product

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: drawde]
    #776423 - 04/18/15 10:53 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I am approaching seven years of eating double animal product, no need for thanks Edward.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Ben18]
    #776424 - 04/18/15 10:56 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ben18 said:
I am approaching seven years of eating double animal product, no need for thanks Edward.

HAHA, made my morning!

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: BruceDabber]
    #776443 - 04/18/15 03:17 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I love me some steak... Chicken I could go without... I've seen the slaughterhouse videos, but it really doesn't bother me as animals in the wild literally rip and tear each other apart. So anyone try Kobe beef?

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: CBDFarm]
    #776445 - 04/18/15 04:40 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CBDFarm said:
I love me some steak... Chicken I could go without... I've seen the slaughterhouse videos, but it really doesn't bother me as animals in the wild literally rip and tear each other apart. So anyone try Kobe beef?

Those Kobe cows get massages I hear O.O

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#776451 - 04/18/15 05:31 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Quote:

CBDFarm said:

I know certain Wagyu beef do- all kobe is wagyu, not all wagyu is kobe.

Check out this Matsusaka beef (they for sure get massages, they also get played calming music and are basically at cow spa until slaughter)

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Invisibledrawde
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Ben18]
    #776452 - 04/18/15 06:34 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ben18 said:

:cookiemonster:

I don't preach... just stating a fact, in case that was unclear.

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#776453 - 04/18/15 06:39 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Quote:

CBDFarm said:

Check out this Matsusaka beef (they for sure get massages, they also get played calming music and are basically at cow spa until slaughter)

Through use of my free time this Saturday afternoon I looked more into it and sleepy the Kobe I think you mean is the American one. Which is infact waygu and angus cow bred. Waygu literally means "Japanese beef" and in Japan, Kobe is the elite bracket of waygu.
Source "The disappointing thing for diners is that when this label is used outside of Japan, it’s almost always not the genuine article. Many use the term “wagyu” as being synonymous with Kobe beef, when this is most certainly not the case. “Wagyu” simply means “Japanese cattle” and despite what some restaurants may claim on their menus, it is not a breed itself. Wagyu is classified into four breeds – Japanese Black, Japanese Brown, Japanese Poll, and Japanese Shorthorn. Tajima-gyu cows from which Kobe beef comes from belong specifically to the Japanese Black breed. While all wagyu beef is considered high quality, only meat of Tajima-gyu cows that fulfills the strict lineage and quality criteria can be termed “Kobe beef.”"
Source:
http://notesofnomads.com/kobe-beef/
http://www.foodreference.com/html/artkobebeef.html

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#776460 - 04/18/15 07:35 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not sure what you're talking about.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #776462 - 04/18/15 08:28 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
Quote:

BruceDabber said:
Quote:

CBDFarm said:

Man I should have got that to replace my 15 pounds of beef for that... Sorry vegans haha.

Edited by CBDFarm (04/18/15 08:30 PM)

OfflineBruceDabber
Stranger

#776464 - 04/18/15 08:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Yeah, bro.. My bad. Reading your post again I don't know why I thought you had that confused.. :stoned:

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #776516 - 04/19/15 04:46 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Overpopulation/Consumerism can tag team the fuck out of the planet.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #776536 - 04/19/15 07:43 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Just because we are talking about meat... This 120 pound WOMAN ate 3 72 ounce steak DINNERS not just the steak in under 20 minutes and is the new record holder... http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/story.aspx?id=1193365#.VTRY0iFViko

Edited by CBDFarm (04/19/15 07:44 PM)

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: The demand on chicken is inhuman and disgusting. Stoner minds please post! [Re: CBDFarm]
    #776537 - 04/19/15 07:53 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

CBDfarm... I have never been so aroused.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #776995 - 04/25/15 01:23 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleCBDFarm
Quit the Growery
    #776996 - 04/25/15 01:52 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SleepAid said:
CBDfarm... I have never been so aroused.

Wife material haha

Quote:

nannybooboo said:

little dogs bark too much anyway :P

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder