Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Another glorious victory against vegans! [Re: TomCollins]
    #658223 - 02/09/13 03:44 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

The way you come off in the title to start.

"I mean perhaps I have wrongly construed what I believe about the vegan diet, but I don't think the contents of my posts have in any way indicated that I think there is something to be said about the vegan diet from these results - instead, my intention was to slay down the archaic dogma of the era in which the data is from, that still lingers - particularly in the repertoire of those who appose the consumption of animal products."

The very title of your thread would lead people to think that you disdain vegetarians/vegans.

And this

"So please, if you know a vegan, a vegetarian or anyone that follows either a low-fat, high-fiber or the American Diabetes Association recommended diet eat a stick of butter in front of them and if they so much as say anything, give them this link:"

Eating a majority vegetable diet is NOT unhealthy.  Too think otherwise is just ridiculous. 

Now I believe that a Vegan diet can be unhealthy if not done properly.

We are omnivores and have been eating meat for so long that I do believe people should eat it. 

Also a lot of people choose to be vegetarian not just to be healthier, but for the health of the planet.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
 User Gallery

Re: Another glorious victory against vegans! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #658224 - 02/09/13 03:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

What about em?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#658226 - 02/09/13 03:48 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I knew someone else would realize this eventually....

New Zealand Nutrition Foundation

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

User Gallery

#658228 - 02/09/13 03:51 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Fat often receives bad press, but it is eating too much of certain types of fats and not enough of others which is detrimental, not fat per se.  Fat is energy-ense, meaning it contains a lot of energy (kilojoules/calories) in a small quantity (37kJ/g), making it easy to eat more than we need.

From your own link.  Exactly what I was trying to get at on previous posts, which you haven't addressed.  A well balanced diet.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#658229 - 02/09/13 03:52 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oh for fucks sake I never said the vegan diet is unhealthy. But many activists blindly support replacing animal fats with vegetable, seed and nut oils on moral grounds.

This is wrong, and this data is a big victory against people who fight for an ideological and ignore factual data.

Eating veggies is damn fucking good for you. You choose them over else.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineTomCollins

#658230 - 02/09/13 03:53 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Fat often receives bad press, but it is eating too much of certain types of fats and not enough of others which is detrimental, not fat per se.  Fat is energy-ense, meaning it contains a lot of energy (kilojoules/calories) in a small quantity (37kJ/g), making it easy to eat more than we need.

From your own link.  Exactly what I was trying to get at on previous posts, which you haven't addressed.  A well balanced diet.

It's not about FAT. It's about the polyunsaturated fats being sold as healthy alternatives to saturated fats. That's what we're talking about here!

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

#658231 - 02/09/13 03:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
The way you come off in the title to start.

"I mean perhaps I have wrongly construed what I believe about the vegan diet, but I don't think the contents of my posts have in any way indicated that I think there is something to be said about the vegan diet from these results - instead, my intention was to slay down the archaic dogma of the era in which the data is from, that still lingers - particularly in the repertoire of those who appose the consumption of animal products."

The very title of your thread would lead people to think that you disdain vegetarians/vegans.

And this

"So please, if you know a vegan, a vegetarian or anyone that follows either a low-fat, high-fiber or the American Diabetes Association recommended diet eat a stick of butter in front of them and if they so much as say anything, give them this link:"

Eating a majority vegetable diet is NOT unhealthy.  Too think otherwise is just ridiculous. 

Now I believe that a Vegan diet can be unhealthy if not done properly.

We are omnivores and have been eating meat for so long that I do believe people should eat it. 

Also a lot of people choose to be vegetarian not just to be healthier, but for the health of the planet.

--------------------

-niteowl

User Gallery

#658232 - 02/09/13 03:58 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

What you say and how you say it, it's not hard to construe that you think vegetarians are unhealthy.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#658237 - 02/09/13 04:12 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Lol of course they do.

Believe I'm all for the virtues of ecological diets, and diets based on moral and ethical ideals.

But you do realize I listed vegetarians, epidemiologists, nutritionists, doctors, people who follow low fat diets, and a few others as well.

So I don't understand why you specifically are isolating this into a discussion about whether or not I think negatively about vegan and vegetarian diets. I sense also, by the looks of your brainless band wagoning here:

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I knew someone else would realize this eventually....

... that you have some personal quarrel. Either that, or you two were in the same health class.

I don't think negatively about the vegan or vegetarian diet, or any other ecological diets.

I just have issues when people personalize there own moral constructions onto others, and straight up lie about health, animal products and plant products. That's all.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineTomCollins

#658238 - 02/09/13 04:13 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
What you say and how you say it, it's not hard to construe that you think vegetarians are unhealthy.

I think it's unhealthy to avoid animal products entirely.

--------------------
andyistic said:

User Gallery

#658242 - 02/09/13 04:22 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I would agree, and that would be Veganism.....There's no quarrel, and same health class?  That's just silly.  Don't be so sensitive.

I didn't start the discussion about whether you think negatively about vegans or not.  You did. 

"I mean perhaps I have wrongly construed what I believe about the vegan diet, but I don't think the contents of my posts have in any way indicated that I think there is something to be said about the vegan diet from these results - instead, my intention was to slay down the archaic dogma of the era in which the data is from, that still lingers - particularly in the repertoire of those who appose the consumption of animal products.

I was merely pointing out what you said that makes you come across in such a way.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

#658245 - 02/09/13 04:30 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I don't think the contents of my posts have in any way indicated that I think there is something to be said about the vegan diet from these results - instead, my intention was to slay down the archaic dogma of the era in which the data is from

What I said here is that from the content of my posts, there is nothing being said specifically about the vegan/vegetarian diet.

What is being said, is strong resentment and dislike of people who appose consumption of animal products on health grounds. A majority of these people happen to be vegan or vegetarian....

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds