Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak?
    #554769 - 05/11/11 02:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just finished a pretty serious workout and I was just wondering if anyone else around here works out on a regular basis. I'm fully addicted to eating healthy and getting exercise, I can't be the only one, right?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #554772 - 05/11/11 02:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I am concerned with my health and fitness but havent really had the opportunity to work out / eat healthy much in the past year due to being broke and not having anywhere to go

I used to make sure I went on a rigorous 15+ mile mountain hike with a heavy pack at least once a week and then hit the gym for weights and go swimming as often as possible

im not a big fan of boring hamster wheel type exercises (treadmill, gym cardio type stuff), but I love actually getting out and being active

I worked construction for a year and a half and that was all the workout I needed for that time of my life

doing demolitions I probably carried about 5 tons of material to big dumpsters daily

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #554778 - 05/11/11 02:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I do construction now and also have an at home work out regimen that works quite well if I do say so myself

Wish I could afford to buy organic but I do try my best to keep a balanced diet on the limited budget I have to work with.

Definitely wouldn't say I'm addicted to the healthy lifestyle: I drink at least a beer a day, smoke 3/4 of a pack a day (menthol), and love snorting xanax... :shrug:

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleCandyGirl
 User Gallery

#554789 - 05/11/11 03:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I like eating healthy and working out.
I prefer getting my exercise from hiking or running outside rather than at a gym too. I also teach/practice yoga every day.
Getting nice and stoned after an intense work out is the best. :feelsgoodman:

Edited by CandyGirl (05/11/11 09:57 PM)

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: CandyGirl]
    #554794 - 05/11/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Ya, starting working out more and eating really healthy, pretty much only for the ladies tho...

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #554804 - 05/11/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I get enough exercise between walking all over the city and lifting boxes at work.  I try to eat healthy but time and money hinders that many times.  Smoking is the one thing I need to cut out though.  Shit is terrible.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Tangerines]
    #554812 - 05/11/11 05:18 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i used to be in really good shape, swam/ran everyday, and alternated workouts on specific body parts. Ate healthy and everything. But had some shit going on in my life and stopped. Haven't gotten back into it yet, but i am trying.

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: iStoner]
    #554845 - 05/11/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I work out 5 times a week, eat very healthy, im extremely health concerned. Im an exercise medicine major, so I have to keep it tight for my career.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

Loc: INEUPHORIA
    #554856 - 05/11/11 10:16 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I just started working out and eating well recently and it's going really well.

I've been at it for a month or so, and I've already lost a couple of belt notches

and about 15-20 pounds or so.

I try to eat foods high in protein, but low in fat. I've cut out soda, and mostly

only drink milk, water, green tea, and I'll drink fruit juice sparingly.

I workout at my house; I have a bowflex and a treadmill. I try to workout every

day for at least 30 minutes.

--------------------

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: m00nshine]
    #554858 - 05/11/11 10:50 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

In a way, most things I do are in spite of the American stereotype. Always eat home-cooked meals, never watch TV (only DVDs), put my all in my work, work out regularly, and smoke lots of weeed and feel a genuine compassion for the Earth. I can't think of a way to be any healthier. :peace:

Heart Slowed

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: budnectar]
    #554859 - 05/11/11 10:54 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
In a way, most things I do are in spite of the American stereotype. Always eat home-cooked meals, never watch TV (only DVDs), put my all in my work, work out regularly, and smoke lots of weeed and feel a genuine compassion for the Earth. I can't think of a way to be any healthier. :peace:

:highfive:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #554919 - 05/12/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

m00nshine said:
I just started working out and eating well recently and it's going really well.

I've been at it for a month or so, and I've already lost a couple of belt notches

and about 15-20 pounds or so.

I try to eat foods high in protein, but low in fat. I've cut out soda, and mostly

only drink milk, water, green tea, and I'll drink fruit juice sparingly.

I workout at my house; I have a bowflex and a treadmill. I try to workout every

day for at least 30 minutes.

Right on dude, sounds like you're on a good track. For the record, some fats can be extremely healthy to imbibe, namely mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, so don't cut them out of your diet completely. Fish and whole grains (nuts and seeds) are good sources of those, but definitely get rid of the trans fats and saturated fats.

Quote:

A7X said:
I work out 5 times a week, eat very healthy, im extremely health concerned. Im an exercise medicine major, so I have to keep it tight for my career.

:hi5:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #554927 - 05/12/11 11:34 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i just started doing all this as well

ive been eating as healthy as i can. sushi, tuna on crackers, lots of smoothies, fresh fruit. for drinking, i drink 1-2 naked brand smoothies a day, lots of water, and lots of fruit juice. and when i got a sweet tooth i try to eat some trail mix as opposed to something else.

as far as working out ive just been doing upper body dumbbell exercise because thats all thats really available.

what kind of foods do you guys eat to stay healthy? before/after workouts? what kind of workouts do you do?

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #554933 - 05/12/11 11:58 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I started hitting the gym hard this year. Trying to hit that bitch 5 days a week with 2 days off. I'm executing the full body workout until i can afford a personal trainer for some iso weight lifting, not before, I'm not risking hurting my sexi flawless body. It's definitely worth it, and I recommend it to everyone, especially if you believe you have cognition problems.

But yeah, i'm jealous of you fuckers getting your exercise out there in the wilderness! I would love that shit, but I don't know anywhere I can do that.:mad2:

Oh and as far as diet, I grade mine at a 6 at most. I eat fucking soul food most of the time, but I make it a goal to eat me some fruits and veggies, assorted nuts, and post-work out shakes. And whole food multivitamin 2-3 times a day just in case. It also has a lot of other herbs that some research says is good for brain function, boosts immune system efficacy, and all that other jazz, but really it justs make a nigga feel good!

SB - I never really got into the pre-workout shakes, but I have a friend that drinks it all the time and swears by the energy it gives him to work-out. I might try it, but I feel I dont need it.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: King Koopa]
    #554935 - 05/12/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If anyones interested in my multivitamin, its organic, formulated from whole foods for better absorption by the body. It can even be taken on empty stomach.

http://www.bluebonnetnutrition.com/product/42/Super_Earth%AE_Multinutrient_Formula_Caplets

check out the supplements facts

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#554946 - 05/12/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Fruit juice is absolutely terrible for you, stick with whole fruit and smoothies. Fruit juice is all of the useless sugars without the dietary fiber that helps your body digest it. it's literally like taking a multivitamin dissolved in water with 15 scoops of sugar.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#554948 - 05/12/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
I started hitting the gym hard this year. Trying to hit that bitch 5 days a week with 2 days off. I'm executing the full body workout until i can afford a personal trainer for some iso weight lifting, not before, I'm not risking hurting my sexi flawless body. It's definitely worth it, and I recommend it to everyone, especially if you believe you have cognition problems.

Are you trying to build muscle or burn fat? I'm a skinny fuck by nature so I usually am shooting for gaining weight via hypertrophy, and if that's what you're shooting for then you're overtraining yourself pretty bad. If you're trying to burn fat you're right on point but if you're trying to get more muscular you shouldn't be working out more than 3-4 times a week. The real work is accomplished on your off days when your body is rebuilding.

If you're new to working out however, your full body complex motions are the perfect idea. Squats, Jerk and Cleans, dead lifts and military presses are perfect until you've been working out regularly for a couple months. Iso exercises are useless for beginners from what I hear.

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

#554950 - 05/12/11 12:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Right on dude, sounds like you're on a good track. For the record, some fats can be extremely healthy to imbibe, namely mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, so don't cut them out of your diet completely. Fish and whole grains (nuts and seeds) are good sources of those, but definitely get rid of the trans fats and saturated fats.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Yup, I eat plenty of fish and I'll eat some nuts and peanut butter once and a while.
God, do I love peanut butter :lol:

@ SB: Low calorie cereals such as rice krispies, special k, corn flakes
1% Milk
Plenty of water
Turkey bacon
Cold cuts - ham, chicken breast, turkey, roast beef
Eggs
wheat / whole grain breads
Yogurt
Fruit
Vegetables
Green Tea
Fish
Lean meats and poultry
Rice

So yeah, pretty much just your run of the mill healthy stuff, LOL.
I try to eat 3 meals a day, and small snacks in between if I find myself getting hungry.
I will eat at night sometimes, but it's usually something really light, like
a small bowl of cereal or a yogurt coupled with a glass of water.

As far as working out:
I'll do the bench press, butterfly presses, tricep presses, shoulder presses, curls, seated rows, and ab presses on the bowflex. I try to do at least 30 repetitions for each exercise. I do 3 sets of 10 reps for each. For every successive set I try to add more weight.

If I'm doing cardio, I usually just walk for about 30 - 45 minutes on my treadmill at about 3.5 mph. If I don't use the treadmill, I'll try to go on a 2 mile or so walk.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#554951 - 05/12/11 01:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Something that's counterintuitive but interesting I just recently learned; for losing weight doing high weight, low rep muscle building exercises actually burns more calories than extended cardio type workouts. The minute tears in your muscles from curling 50lbs x 5 reps instead of 5lbs x 100 reps causes your muscles to continually consume energy for up to 8 hours post workout while they repair themselves as opposed to burning the energy for the 30 minutes of cardio and then cooling down 20 minutes later. I read the most effective training would be 10-20 minutes light cardio (brisk treadmill walking), then 30 minutes of some very heavy weight lifting, then 20 minutes of fairly intense cardio (light jogging, situps etc.).

That way when all the fat is burned away you've got some muscles to show for it too.

Just a thought, sounds right, but also sounds wrong :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

#554955 - 05/12/11 01:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure that would work just fine.

Everybody has their own thoughts and philosophy when it comes to working out / losing weight.

Although I have read that one should lift AFTER doing cardio to maintain and build muscle mass.

I've also heard that lifting high weight at lower reps is good for building mass, while lifting moderate weight at high reps will help to cut up and define your muscles.

From my experience the bowflex is not that great on adding shear amounts of mass. It's really good for weight loss and getting cut, however. If I do decide that I want to bulk up, I'm going to have to hit the gym and work mostly with free weights.

--------------------

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
    #554957 - 05/12/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad you made this thread... in highschool I was a chubby dude then I got into the construction business at 15 and lost all my weight... this continued till 18.
  I gained all my weight back and more from bipolar and anti psychotic meds, (they said I had a mental illness but it was just 2 much drugs that caused my problems, so in essence I caused the problem), but the meds made my mental health worse, and made me gain LOTS of weight.
I went from 185 to my biggest weight which was 275 in 6 months (no shittin)... in the past 3 months ive been exercising and eating right... generally living a healthy lifestyle, and now I'm down to 245, with muscle gain.
  My biggest problem now like tang said is smoking, (not reefer), and sometimes drinking too much, but I've deffinately improved on them too... I'm starting to feel much better mentally and physically, not high on life, just content and comfortable with it...

My plan is to get down to my ideal weight of 215, which would leave me lookin like 1 of those guys on the workout commercials... we should start a thread for just health and well-being n sticky it....

InvisiblePandor

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: ChillWillis]
    #554972 - 05/12/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I recently moved and realized the BIGGEST thing missing from my life was Bikram yoga. It's 90 minutes in a hot, humid room and it is the most efficient and healthy way to tone your body. I have done it off and on for 5 years, and I did it every day this week and it was definitely missing. In order to be a well rounded, smart, confident, healthy, happy individual, you must have some sort of physical activity. It clears your mind.

Don't knock it untill you try it, and if you try it and hate it, it means it's working. It's so difficult and it only gets harder as you go. My favorite instructor said yesterday, you can not stop when the pain starts you have to breathe and push through it. That's when the magic happens. When I leave that room carrying a towel soaked with my sweat and my rolled up yoga matt, I know I am on the way to having a great day. When I participate regularly in these classes, I actually crave good food. I could be starving and if I cook a burger or something for my boyfriend, I don't want it. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and you don't need to go to Whole Foods for them, just buy them at walmart if your poor like me. Yes, they use pesticides, but you can peel the skins off and it's still way better for you than the processed garbage most of us are accustomed to eating every day.

If anyone really wants to get healthy, not just in body, but in mind as well, do Bikram yoga. I just did a week of a class every day, then had to go to my brother's wedding. When I return home, my goal is to do 100 days straight. The longest I have ever done was 30 in a row.

I still smoke weed, but not nearly as much. And rarely if ever drink caffiene and alcohol while I am going.

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
I love snorting xanax... :shrug:

:shocked:

wow. that's hard core.

I still love to get fucked up here and there but I think I will just eat my pills. I'd still snort coke if it was around. Bikram would be so dissapointed in me, but unfortunately, I think I will never grow out of the occasional desire to get obliterated if my favorite drugs are around. I still go to a rave and pop X with my little sister too, but that's like once or twice a year.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555015 - 05/12/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:

Are you trying to build muscle or burn fat? I'm a skinny fuck by nature so I usually am shooting for gaining weight via hypertrophy, and if that's what you're shooting for then you're overtraining yourself pretty bad. If you're trying to burn fat you're right on point but if you're trying to get more muscular you shouldn't be working out more than 3-4 times a week. The real work is accomplished on your off days when your body is rebuilding.

If you're new to working out however, your full body complex motions are the perfect idea. Squats, Jerk and Cleans, dead lifts and military presses are perfect until you've been working out regularly for a couple months. Iso exercises are useless for beginners from what I hear.

Nah my brother, like i said I'm doing a full body workout, barely even messing with weights, but if I am it's it'll be for endurance.

You sound like the guys from the bodybuilding forums! Every time I read posts there, someone responds with a NAH MAN YOURE DOING IT WRONG, not even realizing the OP doesn't have the same workout plan as him. ffs

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555018 - 05/12/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well that's why I asked what your goals were, and then I told you what I'm doing. Never said you were doing it wrong, just wondering what you were shooting for.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555161 - 05/13/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for being a dick. I get like that sometimes.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555175 - 05/13/11 09:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You're preaching to the choir, bud.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555176 - 05/13/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but i have the decency to apologize.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555177 - 05/13/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl: :hi5:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#555178 - 05/13/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

harry does come off like a dick sometimes.

but then i think, his brain just doesn't have room for idle chit chat, and banter. and he just comes across with what he means.

then he's all like: 'science'

word.

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555179 - 05/13/11 09:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You're definitely right. I get into trouble in real life for the same reason (but to a much lesser extent because I can use vocal inflection to buffer the vocabulary to convey my intentions slightly better). But I'll just say what I think without taking the time to add unnecessary words to make it seem nice, and then it comes across as not nice when my intention was merely to be factual.
I'm glad you guise understand.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #555415 - 05/14/11 01:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I rely on a high metabolism and the muscle tone and athletic ability I have left over from playing Rugby 5times a week for 4 years.

I think its mostly luck maintaining my build right now, I really need to start working out again but I just really can't be fucked right now

--------------------

Heart Slowed

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: T-Rex]
    #555432 - 05/14/11 06:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My metabolism is pretty high as well, but I know once I start to get older, that wont hold strong anymore. So Ive established healthy habits early on, so it wont be hard to start them once I need to.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #555464 - 05/14/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

started the day with a multi grain oatmeal ish cereal sweetened with honey. some greek yogurt (which is fucking awesome by the way) and a smoothie.

fuck yes.

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#555507 - 05/14/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude after eating greek yogurt I won't eat regular yogurt.  It's so damn good.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#555509 - 05/14/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah for sure. i hated regular yogurt. never ate it. really disliked it.

now that i eat that greek shit dude, its not the same. so much fucking better.

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#555512 - 05/14/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You still quitting smoking?

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
    #555593 - 05/14/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I can't stand fat people. I've not been to the gym in a few months, but I was hitting it pretty hard for a while. I mostly like doing cardio stuff outside, like running or riding, and I try to eat healthy most of the time.

I'm hoping to do a bunch of backpacking this summer, and hopefully some rock climbing if my elbow tendinitis doesn't flare back up again.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#555611 - 05/14/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
You still quitting smoking?

yeah, one week today.

--------------------
niteowl said:

InvisiblePandor

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Far Stox]
    #555613 - 05/14/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Far Stox said:
I can't stand fat people.

and to make it worse my brother just married one yesterday

off topic, i know, but i couldn't help myself

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Pandor]
    #555625 - 05/15/11 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i dont really like obese people either.

it shows a lack of care for themselves. like how do you let yourself go like that?

--------------------
niteowl said:

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#555626 - 05/15/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
it shows a lack of care for themselves. like how do you let yourself go like that?

Yea that's what gets me, its not like you wake up one day and your 100kgs heavier, I couldn't bare to watch myself or somebody I know get Obese. I might as well be watching them bleed out, its just a slower process

--------------------

Invisiblem00nshine
HEDONISMBOT
 User Gallery

#555629 - 05/15/11 01:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

haha skinny people talking shit about fatties

I'll be able to join in with you guys soon enough

I love becoming "beautiful"

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

#555630 - 05/15/11 01:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

nah man I don't care if you're chubby or even fat, but morbidly obese people make me :nonono:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#555631 - 05/15/11 01:21 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah dude. its not large people. or big boned people.

its about obese people, who have let themselves go completely.

its just like wtf man?>

--------------------
niteowl said:

InvisiblePandor

#555842 - 05/15/11 06:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

food is their drug.

sad. if your gonna do a drug, get high.

yea, the girl my bro married is sitting on the borderline between really fat and obese. and no plans for a diet, only baby making. i just don't get it.

Heart Slowed

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Pandor]
    #555843 - 05/15/11 06:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I like not being fat. :yesnod:

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
    #555889 - 05/15/11 09:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

A7X said:
I like not being fat. :yesnod:

This.

Also, my little brother used to be a fatty when he was a kid, but then he hit a massive growth spurt and all of his fat got evenly distributed across his taller frame so he "magically" got skinny. :lol:

And now he's exercising regularly and has been putting on a decent bit of muscle lately. I'm so proud of him. :highfive:

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #574508 - 07/25/11 08:08 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Didn't even see this thread. Guess i outta pop into the tsl more often.

Currently 3 months in on a 6 month cut. Ran a 12 week bulk prior to this. went from 193 lbs to around 210. (mind you it was not all muscle i gained) I've since then cut back down to 195.

I cycle through bulking and cutting routines.

My current stack

4 grams fish oil

multivitamin

Glucosamine and chondroitin (joint health)

I take xtend stacked with jack3d for my pwo. Gives me a great boost and the branch chain aminos REALLY  help with DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)

I also drink a gallon of water with 3 scoops of xtend in it daily. it's really helped me to put on some lean mass while keeping my metablism rollin.

I drink a protein shake for lunch every day at work. along with veggies/ and other simple carbohydrates. Mostly fruits. (which i consume through out the work day. Constantly snacking every few hours really will keep your metabolism crankin and help to increase your bodys ability to absorb all the nutrients  you're taking in. Other wise you shit it out!

I take whey pre and post work out.... keeps things anti-catabolic

Caesin just before bed. (milk based slow released protien) it'll feed your muscles all night long.....when you're sleeping your body repairs all those torn muscle fibers!

I'm very passionate about over all fitness/ weight training. In the past 2 yrs I've lost over 100lbs. My life has completely turned around. No joke.

If any one has any questions tossem up. If not that's cool too. I'll toss my current training routine up as well if anyones interested.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #574509 - 07/25/11 08:13 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What brand of protein do you use? I used ON's gold standard whey but found it kinda subpar and I don't feel I made any significant gains with it. I've been with Pro Complex for a little though and I've enjoyed it very much.

--------------------

OfflineNizzyJones
Fight Evil with Funk
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhat North of Normal
    #574512 - 07/25/11 08:40 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've been "on the wagon" for most of the last year, had a couple weeks getting used to the heat at the beginning of the summer where I slacked off though. I try to go for a quick run (about a half mile) three or four times a week and alternate between upper/lower body days (pushups, with a couple sets of deep knee bends/plies until I feel like I've had enough - my leg strength has never been an issue) and core days (some combination of crunches, lateral crunches and leg raises).

I'd never really tried protien shakes before but the army kid who used to live here left some pouches of MET-Rx. The other day when I couldn't decide what to grab for lunch I decided to give them a try and was pretty impressed at how well that works, though I'm still a little dubious about how healthy anything with Sucralose in it is.

Edited by NizzyJones (07/25/11 10:06 AM)

Invisibledrawde
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: NizzyJones]
    #574516 - 07/25/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Im a huge health freak, its easier for me to name the things I do eat than those I dont.
Usually I am a fitness freak but I work so physically lately I have no energy or time for exercise, I get it from my job anyway. Going to college soon so I will probably start working out regularly. Im a skinny guy but I always surprise people by how strong I am for my size. As for protein, I live on Sunwarrior raw sprouted brown rice protein. Not only is it the highest absorption of any protein I believe, but it is overall the best for your health by far. I have heard that whey, casein and soy are all bad for your liver.
I also love running, love love love it. But unfortunately I shattered my ankle super bad in a motocross accident and cant run anymore worth a shit. :mad:
Your health is your wealth!

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#574525 - 07/25/11 12:05 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
What brand of protein do you use? I used ON's gold standard whey but found it kinda subpar and I don't feel I made any significant gains with it. I've been with Pro Complex for a little though and I've enjoyed it very much.

I LOVE optimum's products. All my proteins are from them.

I have been taking gold standard the past 4-5 months...just cuz it's cheaper. Pro complex is very good. I like that it has the xtra branch chain aminos in it...and who can argue with 60 grams of protein! But it's pricey. Pro complex is actually optimums version of gnc's whey abolic xtreme 60. (which is also REALLY good, but ridiculously over priced.) I only purchase pre workouts from gnc on occasion. Other than that they are a COMPLETE rip off.

For optimums protiens I've taken... Platinum hydro whey, gold standard, pro complex, casein, nitro core 24 and Complete Diet Protein

My multi, fish oil, glucosamine and chondriotin are also their products.

Have you tried optimums GLYCOMAIZE? It's a blend of simple and complex carbohydrates. I believe 35 grams per scoop. When I'm bulking i take 2 scoops pre and post workout stacked with my whey. It will keep your glycogen levels up there to fuel you through your training and when taken post workout it will replenish what you have used up. This will keep your body anti catabolic. You don't wanna sacrifice your gains so your body can feed itself. Which is exactly what it's gonna do.(this I'm sure you're aware of) It's far easier for your body to burn muscle for energy than it is fat. 

The amount of carbohydrates you consume are just as important as the proteins you take.  You also wanna be taking in at least 1.5 grams protein per pound of body weight.

--------------------

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #574528 - 07/25/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't consider myself a health and fitness freak, but in the past 4-5 months I've lost close to 40 pounds.
Lift weights 5 days a week each day a different muscle group(high weight low reps)
I do cardio every day, started out doing 30 min a day now I'm doing an hour a day keeping my heart rate in the 150's
My diet is high in protein, low fat and as little sugar as possible
I eat lean meats and whole wheat bread, and try to eat lots of fruits and veggies
All I drink is water I try to get a gallon a day
For protein shakes I use Gold Standard for daytime and for night time I use BSN Syntha-6(tastes soo fucking good)

Working out really does :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#574529 - 07/25/11 12:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I agree completely, That's why I use this; http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/naturalprocomplex.html

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#574562 - 07/25/11 05:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i've been wanting to try a natural whey. Is the taste very different than gold standard?

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#574581 - 07/25/11 06:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

haven't tried the whey, but the natural Pro Complex tastes very similar as the standard pro complex. maybe a tiny bit sweeter, but it's not sucralose so I think that's alright with me. Nutritional profile is identical though, just different sources for a few of the ingredients.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#574582 - 07/25/11 06:13 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you totally ninja edited the shit out of your post up there. The thing I responded to doesn't even exist anymore :lol:

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#574671 - 07/26/11 05:31 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've gotta order some more caesin in a week or so. I'll order some natural shit. See if i like it. 

btw....chocolate peanut butter caesin blended w/ skim milk and banana is soooooooo :homerdrool:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag