Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #554957 - 05/12/11 01:19 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'm glad you made this thread... in highschool I was a chubby dude then I got into the construction business at 15 and lost all my weight... this continued till 18.
  I gained all my weight back and more from bipolar and anti psychotic meds, (they said I had a mental illness but it was just 2 much drugs that caused my problems, so in essence I caused the problem), but the meds made my mental health worse, and made me gain LOTS of weight.
I went from 185 to my biggest weight which was 275 in 6 months (no shittin)... in the past 3 months ive been exercising and eating right... generally living a healthy lifestyle, and now I'm down to 245, with muscle gain.
  My biggest problem now like tang said is smoking, (not reefer), and sometimes drinking too much, but I've deffinately improved on them too... I'm starting to feel much better mentally and physically, not high on life, just content and comfortable with it...

My plan is to get down to my ideal weight of 215, which would leave me lookin like 1 of those guys on the workout commercials... we should start a thread for just health and well-being n sticky it....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePandor

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: ChillWillis]
    #554972 - 05/12/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I recently moved and realized the BIGGEST thing missing from my life was Bikram yoga. It's 90 minutes in a hot, humid room and it is the most efficient and healthy way to tone your body. I have done it off and on for 5 years, and I did it every day this week and it was definitely missing. In order to be a well rounded, smart, confident, healthy, happy individual, you must have some sort of physical activity. It clears your mind.

Don't knock it untill you try it, and if you try it and hate it, it means it's working. It's so difficult and it only gets harder as you go. My favorite instructor said yesterday, you can not stop when the pain starts you have to breathe and push through it. That's when the magic happens. When I leave that room carrying a towel soaked with my sweat and my rolled up yoga matt, I know I am on the way to having a great day. When I participate regularly in these classes, I actually crave good food. I could be starving and if I cook a burger or something for my boyfriend, I don't want it. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and you don't need to go to Whole Foods for them, just buy them at walmart if your poor like me. Yes, they use pesticides, but you can peel the skins off and it's still way better for you than the processed garbage most of us are accustomed to eating every day.

If anyone really wants to get healthy, not just in body, but in mind as well, do Bikram yoga. I just did a week of a class every day, then had to go to my brother's wedding. When I return home, my goal is to do 100 days straight. The longest I have ever done was 30 in a row.

I still smoke weed, but not nearly as much. And rarely if ever drink caffiene and alcohol while I am going.

Quote:

ChillWillis said:
I love snorting xanax... :shrug:

:shocked:

wow. that's hard core.

I still love to get fucked up here and there but I think I will just eat my pills. I'd still snort coke if it was around. Bikram would be so dissapointed in me, but unfortunately, I think I will never grow out of the occasional desire to get obliterated if my favorite drugs are around. I still go to a rave and pop X with my little sister too, but that's like once or twice a year.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555015 - 05/12/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

King Koopa said:
I started hitting the gym hard this year. Trying to hit that bitch 5 days a week with 2 days off. I'm executing the full body workout until i can afford a personal trainer for some iso weight lifting, not before, I'm not risking hurting my sexi flawless body. It's definitely worth it, and I recommend it to everyone, especially if you believe you have cognition problems.

Are you trying to build muscle or burn fat? I'm a skinny fuck by nature so I usually am shooting for gaining weight via hypertrophy, and if that's what you're shooting for then you're overtraining yourself pretty bad. If you're trying to burn fat you're right on point but if you're trying to get more muscular you shouldn't be working out more than 3-4 times a week. The real work is accomplished on your off days when your body is rebuilding.

If you're new to working out however, your full body complex motions are the perfect idea. Squats, Jerk and Cleans, dead lifts and military presses are perfect until you've been working out regularly for a couple months. Iso exercises are useless for beginners from what I hear.

Nah my brother, like i said I'm doing a full body workout, barely even messing with weights, but if I am it's it'll be for endurance.

You sound like the guys from the bodybuilding forums! Every time I read posts there, someone responds with a NAH MAN YOURE DOING IT WRONG, not even realizing the OP doesn't have the same workout plan as him. ffs

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: King Koopa]
    #555018 - 05/12/11 04:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Well that's why I asked what your goals were, and then I told you what I'm doing. Never said you were doing it wrong, just wondering what you were shooting for.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555161 - 05/13/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for being a dick. I get like that sometimes.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555175 - 05/13/11 09:37 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You're preaching to the choir, bud.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#555176 - 05/13/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, but i have the decency to apologize.:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#555177 - 05/13/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:rofl: :hi5:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #555178 - 05/13/11 09:40 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

harry does come off like a dick sometimes.

but then i think, his brain just doesn't have room for idle chit chat, and banter. and he just comes across with what he means.

then he's all like: 'science'

word.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #555179 - 05/13/11 09:45 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You're definitely right. I get into trouble in real life for the same reason (but to a much lesser extent because I can use vocal inflection to buffer the vocabulary to convey my intentions slightly better). But I'll just say what I think without taking the time to add unnecessary words to make it seem nice, and then it comes across as not nice when my intention was merely to be factual.
I'm glad you guise understand.

--------------------

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #555415 - 05/14/11 01:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I rely on a high metabolism and the muscle tone and athletic ability I have left over from playing Rugby 5times a week for 4 years.

I think its mostly luck maintaining my build right now, I really need to start working out again but I just really can't be fucked right now

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: T-Rex]
    #555432 - 05/14/11 06:55 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My metabolism is pretty high as well, but I know once I start to get older, that wont hold strong anymore. So Ive established healthy habits early on, so it wont be hard to start them once I need to.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher]
    #555464 - 05/14/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

started the day with a multi grain oatmeal ish cereal sweetened with honey. some greek yogurt (which is fucking awesome by the way) and a smoothie.

fuck yes.

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#555507 - 05/14/11 12:30 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Dude after eating greek yogurt I won't eat regular yogurt.  It's so damn good.

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Tangerines]
    #555509 - 05/14/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yeah for sure. i hated regular yogurt. never ate it. really disliked it.

now that i eat that greek shit dude, its not the same. so much fucking better.

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#555512 - 05/14/11 12:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You still quitting smoking?

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
    #555593 - 05/14/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I can't stand fat people. I've not been to the gym in a few months, but I was hitting it pretty hard for a while. I mostly like doing cardio stuff outside, like running or riding, and I try to eat healthy most of the time.

I'm hoping to do a bunch of backpacking this summer, and hopefully some rock climbing if my elbow tendinitis doesn't flare back up again.

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#555611 - 05/14/11 09:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
You still quitting smoking?

yeah, one week today.

--------------------
niteowl said:

InvisiblePandor

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Far Stox]
    #555613 - 05/14/11 10:26 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Far Stox said:
I can't stand fat people.

and to make it worse my brother just married one yesterday

off topic, i know, but i couldn't help myself

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Anybody out here a bit of a health and fitness freak? [Re: Pandor]
    #555625 - 05/15/11 12:20 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i dont really like obese people either.

it shows a lack of care for themselves. like how do you let yourself go like that?

--------------------
niteowl said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder