Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: kydub]
    #36844 - 05/22/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

this isn't something that happens overnight, or even after two days, it'll probably take a week or so before you notice anything significant. If you kept control plants (plants with no gel on them) compare them to the ones you gelled and see if there's a noticeable difference.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekydub

Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: coda]
    #36980 - 05/22/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I did keep controls - two of the four are gel'd, the other two are the same. I'm heading to Lightning in a Bottle tonight so I'm watering before I leave and I'll see where they're at Monday evening.

Heh. They'll finally get 24 hour light for once, since I won't have to turn 'em off to go to sleep.

Offlinekydub

#45037 - 06/01/08 04:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Been a bit busy lately - but this is what they've been setup with now.

--------------------
81423 17 1f j00 5934k 1337.

Offlinehightimes
Male

Loc: aussie land
    #45326 - 06/01/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey thay look like thay have picked up good work :thumbup:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
    #45595 - 06/01/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Are the plants in front your new clones? What ever happened with the cloning gel, any significant difference?

--------------------

Offlinekydub

Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: Sirius]
    #47951 - 06/01/08 02:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The one in the very front is a clone - the other clone unfortunately took the brunt of a jury-rigged fan falling out of it's holder and crushing the poor girl. =(

The two behind it are all that's left of the original seedlings - and unfortunately these are the two that did not receive any cloning gel. To be honest - from what I saw before I took the others out there didn't seem to be much of a difference. I have the gel now though so I'll try it again in the future.

In the very back where the light tilts down are two Bubba Kush seedlings and two bagseed seedlings.

I just started using FoxFarm "Grow Big" liquid nutes in my waterings, and will be adding "Big Bloom" as well (just following their little schedule sheet) and I'm going to start building a flowering CFL box to try sticking one of these in and seeing what happens.. they've been vegging for almost four weeks now, I believe.

--------------------

Offlinehightimes
Male

Loc: aussie land
    #48021 - 06/01/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kydub said:
The one in the very front is a clone - the other clone unfortunately took the brunt of a jury-rigged fan falling out of it's holder and crushing the poor girl. =(

Damn thats harsh may she RIP lol :sad:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: hightimes]
    #48073 - 06/01/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I just started using FoxFarm "Grow Big" liquid nutes in my waterings, and will be adding "Big Bloom" as well (just following their little schedule sheet)

while fox farms feeding schedule is great as a guide, i wouldn't follow it word for word. You're more likely to over fert and hurt your grow following that schedule.

Remember when feeding your plants, at least until you know the strain, always start off light. Feed them at most 1/4 strength the first time, wait at least two waterings, and see how they're doing. Like with watering your plants it's always best to undershoot then over shoot. It's a lot easier to add more then it is to take away some.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinekydub

Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: coda]
    #48076 - 06/01/08 05:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

I just started using FoxFarm "Grow Big" liquid nutes in my waterings, and will be adding "Big Bloom" as well (just following their little schedule sheet)

while fox farms feeding schedule is great as a guide, i wouldn't follow it word for word. You're more likely to over fert and hurt your grow following that schedule.

Remember when feeding your plants, at least until you know the strain, always start off light. Feed them at most 1/4 strength the first time, wait at least two waterings, and see how they're doing. Like with watering your plants it's always best to undershoot then over shoot. It's a lot easier to add more then it is to take away some.

Good advice... I'll cut back then. Fortunately I've only done it once so far and they seem to be holding up alright, but better safe than sorry.

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #48077 - 06/01/08 05:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kydub said:

Jesus Christ, what a way to go. :eek:

Quote:

The two behind it are all that's left of the original seedlings - and unfortunately these are the two that did not receive any cloning gel.  To be honest - from what I saw before I took the others out there didn't seem to be much of a difference.  I have the gel now though so I'll try it again in the future.

Yeah, it was just an idea since someone had mentioned it elsewhere, but to be honest as well, it doesn't look like those seedlings have seen much of a difference to begin with. They look the same! :hehehe:

--------------------

Offlinekydub

Re: Just got some seedlings [Re: Sirius]
    #48291 - 06/01/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
Yeah, it was just an idea since someone had mentioned it elsewhere, but to be honest as well, it doesn't look like those seedlings have seen much of a difference to begin with. They look the same! :hehehe:

Here's some better shots,  they look much better than they did,  I have to say.

Sage & Sour seedlings (two left of the six)

Added the OG Kush clone in for comparison (the foremost seedling is as tall,  although not as bushy as the OG Kush)

And lastly the new seedlings I just stuck in soil:

On the seedlings the leaves are all pointing down so I raised the light a couple of inches or so thinking it was getting too hot (it was pretty damn close before).

--------------------

Offlinekydub

#52528 - 06/06/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Bit of an update.  Moving the larger ones into 3gal pots today and setting up the 400w MH to veg them better.

Thinking of moving the T5 setup on the top shelf of my closet,  hanging the 400w below,  and by the time I'm ready to flower I should have my 600w HPS + reflector, filter, exhaust fan, and ducting to run it up into the attic.

Any thoughts on any of this?

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just got some seedlings (moved) [Re: kydub]
    #52533 - 06/06/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Indoor Soil Cultivation.

Reason:
This is much more suited for the Grow Log forum. \"\"

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just got some seedlings (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #52545 - 06/06/08 05:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Those are looking great. :thumbup: I'm sure they will love the MH. I definitely can't wait to see you get your 600 watt HPS + setup running, my friend will be running that as well and he is going insane waiting for that to order itself out. What will the dimensions be for your flowering space, and what's the cfm of your fan?

I was looking at your Sage and Sour clone on the right; couldn't decide if the leaves are droopy like that compared to the OG Kush simply due to a difference in genetics or if it was a little over-watered. If it is, it isn't much, and I honestly am not that capable of discerning as much, so I'm throwing it out there so someone with a better sense can comment (coda?).

I'm wondering if the bag-seed will ever decide to take off. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinekydub

#52547 - 06/06/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Heh.  Well,  the Sage and Sours are both from dispensary bag seed.  I really have no idea what they are - but those two plants are from the original shit I had in coke cans in my first post.  (Thanks for the move, by the way, I realized I'm just sorta dragging this out, heh)

The OG Kush is the only one that's a clone.

The four little pots are like, 3-4 days old I believe?  Maybe 5.  The two biggest are random bagseed, no idea what those are at all - the the two stunted ones supposedly are from a Bubba Kush dispensary bag.

For the HPS setup it's going on the side of the closet where the shirts are.. that's like a little over two feet deep and will be about five feet wide.  It's six feet up to the bottom of the shelf.  I'm thinking of making this spot the entire flowering area - using the T5s on the shelf directly above for the clones/seedling rooting area,  and to the left above the shelf hanging the 400w for vegging (my landlord will eventually hate me but I'll probably just cut open the ceiling drywall there to let the 400w exhaust right into the attic).

Edit:  I don't know on the CFM for the fan.  The fellow who's given me the best quote for a 600w HPS + reflector + electronic switchable 1000w ballast + air filter @ $420 nonetheless recommended a 6" vortex fan that moved 600cfm.  This seemed a little overkill and loud as fuck, I imagine.

Edited by kydub (06/06/08 05:21 PM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #52564 - 06/06/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kydub said:
Heh.  Well,  the Sage and Sours are both from dispensary bag seed.  I really have no idea what they are - but those two plants are from the original shit I had in coke cans in my first post.  (Thanks for the move, by the way, I realized I'm just sorta dragging this out, heh)

The OG Kush is the only one that's a clone.

The four little pots are like, 3-4 days old I believe?  Maybe 5.  The two biggest are random bagseed, no idea what those are at all - the the two stunted ones supposedly are from a Bubba Kush dispensary bag.

Okay, I got it sorted out. :lol: In fact, I remember now that you already told me all that. :cuckoo:

They definitely turned around, looking healthy as hell. :thumbup: I've heard great things about the OG Kush clones too.

Quote:

For the HPS setup it's going on the side of the closet where the shirts are.. that's like a little over two feet deep and will be about five feet wide.  It's six feet up to the bottom of the shelf.

600 watts should be more than beautiful that much space, my friend will have about four feet by three feet, and I think the rule of thumb for 600 watts is 6X6. You should be looking at some great yields if everything else stays optimal. :yesnod:

Quote:

I'm thinking of making this spot the entire flowering area - using the T5s on the shelf directly above for the clones/seedling rooting area,  and to the left above the shelf hanging the 400w for vegging (my landlord will eventually hate me but I'll probably just cut open the ceiling drywall there to let the 400w exhaust right into the attic).

Ahh, drywall is easy to replace. :grin:

You should consider looking into a ceramic metal halide for that 400 watt ballast, if its the type of ballast that will work with one. :wink:

Quote:

Edit:  I don't know on the CFM for the fan.  The fellow who's given me the best quote for a 600w HPS + reflector + electronic switchable 1000w ballast + air filter @ $420 nonetheless recommended a 6" vortex fan that moved 600cfm.  This seemed a little overkill and loud as fuck, I imagine.

I'm not sure if he recommended a fan that size to help with heat (what type of reflector, by the way?), but if you were solely considering air exchange, it'll replace the air in your space ten times every minute, when you probably only need two to three times. I don't think this would really hurt though, and I'm sure would help with heat. :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinekydub

Re: Just got some seedlings (moved) [Re: Sirius]
    #54060 - 06/09/08 11:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Sirius said:
I'm not sure if he recommended a fan that size to help with heat (what type of reflector, by the way?), but if you were solely considering air exchange, it'll replace the air in your space ten times every minute, when you probably only need two to three times. I don't think this would really hurt though, and I'm sure would help with heat. :shrug:

This was recommended for pulling the air off the bulb - and it's one of those standard Sun System glassed in pyramidal reflectors with intake/exhaust holes on each side.  I'm wondering with that much movement if slapping an air filter on one side and a tube to the exhaust on the other still wouldn't provide good air exchange (through the reflector) still.

I'm also looking into a Homebox L for my light protected grow closet as the more I look at adequately cooling my current real closet the more irritated I get at the amount of bullshit I'll have to go through,  gah.  Ah well.

It's been a busy few days... my rabbit nom'd one of my clones,  rebuilt the closet,  did some LST on the rest...  I'll get some pics up tonight when I get home.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom