Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
FEW questions about perlite and vemiculite.
    #429885 - 06/08/10 10:50 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Hello growery bout to start my grow log probably this week or next. so Ive got my seeds germinated i threw 8 in the paper towel BAM two days later 8 sexy little tap roots peekin out, so im about to throw them into their temporary dixie cup homes.
My questions are

a) Ive never used perlite and verm. before, I'm plannin on doing a 1:3 ratio of perl to verm, is that correct?

b)and how exactly do i plant the seeds in this stuff? the vermiculite is tiny, like sand, but the fox farms perlite i got is pretty chunky, about the size of small gravel in a fish tank.

Also, i am thinking ahead and how the fuck am i going to transplant this shit from the dixie cups to the net pots? seems to me like its all just going to fall apart, and none is going to stay on the root ball...

I hope i get some answers quickly cuz i wanna get these fuckers started on there new life!!

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Edited by cicken200 (06/08/10 11:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: FEW questions about perlite and vemiculite. [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #429908 - 06/08/10 12:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Assume you have some kind of hydro/aero system when you say net pots? With 75% verm you're not going to have a problem transplanting. Its a lot like sand (ugh) and shaking it lightly should remove most of the verm/perlite. If you can't get it all off just grab some coco liners for your net pots which will keep any remaining substrate out of your res. Also consider rockwool or rooting plugs, etc. next time they make life easy.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: FEW questions about perlite and vemiculite. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #429909 - 06/08/10 12:11 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would just skip the verm.  The roots will hold enough to fill your pot if it's similar size to the cup. Might have to top it off after its in to cover roots.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

Re: FEW questions about perlite and vemiculite. [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #429943 - 06/08/10 01:58 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

lol so one of you says to go 75% verm, the other says to skip it.... hmmm.

Quote:

206 said:
Assume you have some kind of hydro/aero system when you say net pots? With 75% verm you're not going to have a problem transplanting. Its a lot like sand (ugh) and shaking it lightly should remove most of the verm/perlite.

Yes i have a hydro system a dwc, so im going to shake/rinse all the verm off, and then put it in the hydro setup with perlite only right? Thats what im plannin on doing at least. Are there any tutorials/teks on transplanting to hydro on here? i havnt been able to find any.

I'm only doing two of the plants in my hydro system, so im planning on putting the remaining 6 into some ffof, soil seems so much easier to me, probably cuz thats all ive ever used, im new to the soiless mediums and the hydroponics.

--------------------

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

Offlinekickin-two-hundo
Male User Gallery

#429952 - 06/08/10 02:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Okay one more question folks. My seeds are all planted, thanks for the answers, now do the cups i planted them in need to be out in the sun/under a light, or do they not even need any light until the seed sprouts through the dirt?

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#430002 - 06/08/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Needs light as soon as it pops through the surface, but if they had tails when you put them in the cups I would go ahead and give them a light source. It will help guide them out, and the warmth helps growth too.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #430102 - 06/08/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cicken200 said:
lol so one of you says to go 75% verm, the other says to skip it.... hmmm.

FWIW I didn't recommend verm or any specific % either, just said you wouldn't have a problem getting it off the roots. I don't like the stuff personally, but for this application it should be fine.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies