Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
WANTED: Lowrider Beans!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Ocean
Quick question regarding plant/pot size.
    #397169 - 04/06/10 05:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My girl(hopefully) is currently in a 6" circular pot. She is about 7" tall from her base to the top of her dome(this is not including the 1/2" or so of potting soil I recently added). Container included, she is about 13" total. I have about 18" more to play with.

The "Quick" Question:

I have a 2 gallon "perfect pot"(8.5” x 8.5” x 7.5”) that I was originally going to re-home her in right before I go 12/12, but since I only want her growing 18 more inches(max), do I leave her in the 6" pot or is it safe to give her roots the extra room to migrate? Your opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and before you guys even start to mob me with questions, let me give you the low down on the items that are currently stimulating her growth. IDK. Maybe it will affect how you answer my container question. Lol. And yes, I am open to pruning if need be and I don't have a special due date so time is not an issue. Just want it to be a GIRL and want her to be a nice looking one, with DD's. :smile: Her buds of course. :tongue:

Anyway...

Lighting: 6- 26w 6,500k CFL's (approx. 1,600 lumens EA.)
          1- LOA 65w 6,500k CFL wall light *customized*(4,500+ Lumens)
          Total Light Output: WATTS:  221
                              LUMENS: 14,100
                              KELVIN: 6,500
                              CRI:    81(approx.)
          * NOTE * all bulbs will be switched to 2,700k for flowering.

Medium: Soil (Fox Farms "Happy Frog")

Nutrients: Botanicare| Pure Blend Pro Grow & SUPERTHRIVE

This is my 1st indoor operation. And the last time I even owned a plant of any type was about 8 years ago. Grew my first MJ crop when I was 13 and did that until I got out of high-school. All outdoor.

Thanks to everyone here at the Growery for all the insight and knowledge that I have soaked up in the past 2 months. Oh and you can thank spacedmonkey for resurrecting my green thumb. He is a good friend and has been a great help.

I will try to upload more pix of the actual setup soon. For now, here is a pic of my baby 24hrs ago...

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

Mango-Hawaiian Punch -Northern Lights X

and a few other suprises!  COMING SOON....

:advisory:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: GANJA_FAHMA]
    #397193 - 04/06/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Transplant before the 12-12 switch first off. Never transplant after flowering starts, just a rule of thumb! To much stress from the lighting difference and the transplant could cause u problems.

As far as keeping it to that requirement, i think the six inch pots your using(pretty sure i know what your using) should be good to finish them in. However, the bigger pot will allow for more root growth, but after the flowering cycle starts, you will not need root room, since most of the plants energy will go to flower production.

So to sum this all up, transplant now or forever hold your peace :lol: But seriously if you are going to transplant it, do it now. To much stress in flowering cycle can stress your potential girl into becoming hermie's 

Thank's for the kudo's too. Glad i can help!

Just remember me at harvest time! :shrug:

By the way, the last set of pictures i sent you were grown in the same pots. They got a total of 16" tall(soil to tippy top). Them were also the autoflowering strain we were using out here a year ago.
Just remember me at harvest time! :shrug:

pots look familiar?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #397197 - 04/06/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If you do transplant, I suggest doing it NOW and vegging a few more weeks before you flip the lights.

It's much better to have the roots filling the pot before you flower. If there is too much empty space in your pot then nutrients may build up in those spaces and cause an overfeeding problem down the road.

And everything SpaceMonkey said also.

Your plant looks really nice. :thumbup:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397379 - 04/06/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I say you should transplant.  You can never have enough root space, never.  As stated before do it before you switch over to 12/12 as stated before.  That way you'll get the most out of your transplant.

As far as space goes.  I would just start training her now.  Remember that she's going to stretch a bit come flowering, so you might as well get her used to being trained before she really needs it.  Plus I'm just a fan of LST over topping or FIM to begin with.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #397383 - 04/06/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
As far as space goes.  I would just start training her now.  Remember that she's going to stretch a bit come flowering, so you might as well get her used to being trained before she really needs it.  Plus I'm just a fan of LST over topping or FIM to begin with.

This is exactly what you may need to do! Maybe if i was not sick with this damn flu, I may have thought of that myself.:shrug:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#397388 - 04/06/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but after the flowering cycle starts, you will not need root room, since most of the plants energy will go to flower production.

Although the problem is solved and this isn't gonna change what he needs to do..

I don't agree with that, I really think that's more myth than anything, I've read it time after time on all the boards. Years ago when I did a small indoor flouro grow, I used these clear plastic containers from pet food. Once they first started growing I noticed a root pressed up against the plastic on its way downward, this piqued my curiosity. After that I looked at the roots every once in a while to see how they were progressing, and while they may have slowed a bit during flower, I continued to witness noticeable growth when I picked 'em up to look.

Edit: When you think about it, they continue to grow a good bit during flower, makes sense that they would need more root system to support that extra plant matter.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Edited by DieselB (04/06/10 11:20 PM)

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: DieselB]
    #397519 - 04/07/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ummm. I don't believe I mentioned anything about transplanting after flowering... lol. But thanks for the reassurance I guess. :wink:  I do agree if I am to do it I should just get it done now.

The six inch pot that she sits in is exactly like the one my buddy showed in his pics above.  I wouldn't doubt we got them from the same frickn store! But anyway what I was going to say was her roots are definitely filling the thing up quickly. And I guess the reason why I originally asked about transplanting is because I was afraid she would end up root-locked while she was flowering. And I am trying to avoid stressing the little thing out during this stage, cause like SpaceMonkey said the last thing I want is a trans-gender sleeping in my closet!
Hey just thought of a joke.

What do you call a transexual marijuana plant??

HAIRY-JANE!

LOL! :laugh:

Sorry, totally just veered off the subject.

Anyway, so i am trying to avoid any major stress on the plant while in flowering and that is why I was pondering on weather I should transplant NOW into the larger 2 gal pot or leave her in the 6 incher(provided I would be feeding her more often. Which I dont necessarily see a negative)
Personally I was leaning towards the new pot since she seems like a branching plant, and I was thinking the extra room for root growth will allow these branches to get nice and strong to hold all that yummy fruit!

Quote:

I would just start training her now.  Remember that she's going to stretch a bit come flowering, so you might as well get her used to being trained before she really needs it.  Plus I'm just a fan of LST over topping or FIM to begin with.

YES! I 100% agree with you! I want to take advantage of her horizontal growth without chopping the bitches head off! I think topping a MJ plant is just plain jacked! You wouldn't want to help with this would you? Or even link me to the proper thread since you got the experience in this field. I would appreciate it for sure my man.

And thanks again for all of your inputs.

Ya'll is like my niggaz now! LOL!!!

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #397607 - 04/07/10 11:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I think all who replied to this are in favor of you doing the transplant. It would definatly be a good thing for her to be able to stretch!

If your question was pointed towards me about helping you out, Sure I will!!!! It is an easy process and i think i may have even talked to you about it on the phone once or twice. I am sure we have a few LST threads, but am too lazy to go search them out at the moment. :shrug:

I been suffering from some kinda stomach flu virus since the weekend and it has me super lazy and tired lately, sorry! :shrug:

But it's good to see ya posting finally!! :lol:

--------------------

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

#397639 - 04/07/10 12:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
I think all who replied to this are in favor of you doing the transplant. It would definatly be a good thing for her to be able to stretch!
I will be taking before pix after I venture outside for a cig. From there I put momma in new home.

Oh.. here's a question:
Do I just throw her in the new pot with more HappyFrog soil only. or should I mix in some perlite. I got like (3) 5gal buckets full of the shit and haven't touched it yet. And if you say, yea mix it, then what percentage  are we talkin?

"If your question was pointed towards me about helping you out, Sure I will!!!!"
Sorry bro, cant give you all the credit here! LOL! I was actually talkin to HawksApprentice, but seriously if you have good tip and pointers too, I'm all ears. 

Quote:

SpaceMonkey said:
I been suffering from some kinda stomach flu virus since the weekend and it has me super lazy and tired lately, sorry! :shrug:

Yeah it's called a bad case of the munchies and some strong ass indica! lol!!!

Folks, Mr. Monkey is a good man for those of you who don't know him personally. It just pisses me off he lives an hour away from me!

By the way, how's the cow shit looking?

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

Re: Quick question regarding plant/pot size. [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #397652 - 04/07/10 01:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the compliment GreenThumb.:smile:

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #397655 - 04/07/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, i know what ya mean about the hour away thing, thats indeed does suck balls!

So as far as your needing help, i was thinking i could get out to your place soon and skip the typing and talking, and just show you how it's done!! Nothing better then a personal lesson in GANJA FAHMIN, no? :lol:

The pastures got good and wet the last couple days, but like i said, been sick! Gonna go do some wondering around and see what i can see. Merry Monarch gonna bring the rains and the fungus any day now! This field out here is making me wonder though. I have not gone to far into the field yet but have not found anything close to the house. Wondering if his heard got some fungicide treatment? But I bet if i went to my mother-in-laws fields, i could find them blue meanies! BTW, did you ever do anything with the ones i gave ya?

--------------------

OfflineGANJA_FAHMA
 User Gallery

#397709 - 04/07/10 02:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

NO!! you fuckn got me all paranoid on the dosage, cause you said 5-6grm and by the time I checked um they was 1.5grm. You said a good 2 doses in there then said maybe 1.5 d's. So wtf?? Mixed answers give me panic attacks! I just want a mild trip not a joy ride! I took a peek at um yesterday and they still looked edible. not molding or anything. Just look like dried mushrooms lol!

Besides my wife is definitely not a person you want to be around while tripping. I mean.. you ever had someone tell you "oh my god.. I think your having a stroke honey!!.. no wait... OMG.. I'm wrong..YOUR HAVING AN ACUTE HEART ATTACK!!" while tripping the fuck out. Mind you this instantly triggered my first "panic attack" which, moments later after being reassured that I could potentially die, caused me to have an acute heart attack. Then i almost did die. No joke bro. was this close. My heart is starting to tighten up just talkin about it. I better stop.

Why do I have this strange feeling your laughing right now... not cool.    lol.

--------------------
Da Tree Amiga's!!!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #397723 - 04/07/10 02:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Your funny bro!!!!

But i think what i said is i had a total of 6g's of fungi(which it was before i finally gave them to you). And you could split that in 2 doses of about 2.5 to 3 g's  a piece. Not to eat the whole 6 g's!!

So yeah, when i initially brought you them i was under the impression it was still at 6 g's weight. I do not have a working scale or i would have weighed you out the doses so there would been no confusion.

Hahaha, yeah your feeling was right on the dot bro! i was reading that last paragraph :rofl2: knowing it isn't really funny, but you survived to tell me about it a dozen times! I think i have heard this story everytime i have asked you about that stash and each time it makes me chuckle! Sorry :shrug:

So straighten this out, did you actually convince yourself to have a heart attack? or was it just a super duper anxiety attack?

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #397731 - 04/07/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a post made by FurrowedBrow containing the LST how-to's
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/239250#239250

It also contains info on other training methods for you to consider.
:peace:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures