Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Germination and Transplanting.
    #380230 - 03/08/10 04:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so I will most likely have my grow room setup on wednesday, completely.

When should I start germinating and how do I necessarily go about doing that? Should I germinate them inside of a small cup with soil in it? Or something else.

Also, when should I transplant my little fellas into bigger pots. I think I will have a few five gallon buckets at my disposal, but I dont know if I have enough soil to fill all of them. If thats the case I will buy more soil.

The soil I am using is made of Sphagnum Peat Moss and Worm Casings, its a local brand. This should work fine right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germination and Transplanting. [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #380240 - 03/08/10 05:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

When should I start germinating and how do I necessarily go about doing that?

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377442

Quote:

Also, when should I transplant my little fellas into bigger pots. I think I will have a few five gallon buckets at my disposal, but I dont know if I have enough soil to fill all of them. If thats the case I will buy more soil.

When I grew in soil I went straight from the peat pellet into a 6 inch pot for about 3-4 weeks, and then a final transplant into an 8 inch pot for the remainder of their life.  There's many ways you can go about this but I highly suggest against going straight into a 5 gallon bucket.

Quote:

The soil I am using is made of Sphagnum Peat Moss and Worm Casings, its a local brand. This should work fine right?

I would add some perlite into that mixture, but keep in mind your soil will be devoid of almost all the nutrients it needs so you will have to supply them by hand, or mix some in, yourself.  If you're looking for something that can be used straight out of the bag I'd see about finding some fox farm ocean forest.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Germination and Transplanting. [Re: coda]
    #380351 - 03/08/10 07:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Shiiiiiit this is going to be more complicated than I thought :[ I am definitely going to have to make a grow log.

Could anyone give me some straightforward advice on how I should start out my grow?

You suggested adding perlite, I can get that, but how would I go about mixing it in? I am trying to do this the least complicated way I possibly can with maximum results, which I know is completely possible

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #380369 - 03/08/10 07:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Could anyone give me some straightforward advice on how I should start out my grow?

Do you have your room(s) built yet?  Do you have your lights/equipment/materials for your grow?

Quote:

You suggested adding perlite, I can get that, but how would I go about mixing it in?

People go all the way up to 50% soil 50% perlite.  I stuck around 25-30% myself.  Mixing it is pretty easy, the simplest way I can think of is to fill your container with however much soil you want (if using 25% perlite fill up 75% of the bucket with soil), then top the rest of it off with perlite.  Finally take that and dump it into a rubber maid and mix it up well.  Once mixed dump the soil back into the pot (remember when transplanting to leave a few inches of space so you can drop the plant in and fill the soil in around that).

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Germination and Transplanting. [Re: coda]
    #380601 - 03/09/10 02:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok so looks like I am buying light sockets and perlite on wednesday, also some stuff to hang the lights and a power strip.

I think I got everything, should I go ahead and buy some peat pellets or is it possible to germinate the seeds then just pop them straight into soil?

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #380610 - 03/09/10 03:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

May I offer a few things on your subject?

OfflineTomCollins

#380614 - 03/09/10 04:27 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hopanshrubman said:
Ok so looks like I am buying light sockets and perlite on wednesday, also some stuff to hang the lights and a power strip.

I think I got everything, should I go ahead and buy some peat pellets or is it possible to germinate the seeds then just pop them straight into soil?

I would definitely carefully consider your lighting. To achieve maximum results in the simplest way, good lighting is needed.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: Germination and Transplanting. [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #380766 - 03/09/10 04:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
May I offer a few things on your subject?

Yes, please!

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

#380767 - 03/09/10 04:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have 6 26 watt CFL's and 3 23 watt CFL's. I am planning on doubling each next friday.

This should be sufficient lighting right? Also, the seeds I will be germinating are autoflowering, is this going to make a huge difference in how I should grow?

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #381172 - 03/10/10 08:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't worry about germination, soil containers, and lighting until I had my room fully equipped and operational(holding a steady temp for a day or two). Measure your room. Find your CFM's. From there you can begin configuring your room. Ventalation, lights, plant size, ect.

Here is the way it is known I germinate my seeds. :grin: .http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377943/gonew/1#UNREAD :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds