Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Germinating Directly in Soil
    #358151 - 02/05/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

After much searching, I've found nothing on the topic. Its either germinate in cups filled with water, or in wet paper towels.

But nothing on the "natures way" of a seed buried in soil, and germinating from there. Does anyone do this technique anymore?

I want to do it this way because I like the thought of sprouting from the soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) directly and naturally, like how it does in nature.

I'm wondering on the orientation of the seed, because I read somewhere the tap root comes out one end, but I can't remember which side of the seed....:confused:

Any soil users who have sprouted straight from seeds before?

Well, I got about 8 minutes to 4:20pm (Pacific Coast Time), the planting time. Got to go.....

The Lonesome Soil-Sprouter
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating Directly in Soil [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #358156 - 02/05/10 05:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you just generally get lower rates of success with that method than the paper towel. it's not that it's bad but that you'll get 9/10 instead of 10/10 :shrug: if it has some sort of appeal for you then I say go for it!

also, the root will go where ever gravity tells it is down. you don't need to worry about figuring that out for the plant, it can handle it

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Germinating Directly in Soil [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #358158 - 02/05/10 05:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

One time this ocean wave hit me and rolled me around on the bottom like a crab..Rolled me around and I couldn't find my way up...Fortunately the water was only like 3 feet and someone helped me up.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #358161 - 02/05/10 05:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thats the only real difference, 1 out of 10 failure rate? Wow....I feel pretty good about my decision! :smile2:

For me, planting straight in soil has the appeal of my trying to replicate nature's method within my odd-shaped closet. I want to see it grow straight out of the soil, as if it were in nature itself. But, I did add some plastic syran wrap over it to increase humidity and make it more like a "mini-green house", as my other friend told me, so its kinda natural....

And what happened to mhbound? he spilled some amazing poem to help me out, and strangely, it makes sense to me (even thou I'm completely sober).
Is mhbound really stoned or the most inspiring prophet/cultivator of our limited lifetimes?

I'll never know, but his words tripped me out in a world of peace and senerity.....

Aware of the waves, as it soothes my Soul
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #358214 - 02/05/10 08:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
you just generally get lower rates of success with that method than the paper towel. it's not that it's bad but that you'll get 9/10 instead of 10/10 :shrug: if it has some sort of appeal for you then I say go for it!

also, the root will go where ever gravity tells it is down. you don't need to worry about figuring that out for the plant, it can handle it

I'm glad you said this, otherwise I was going to have to rant about!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder