Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: coda]
    #339808 - 01/03/10 09:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Really?  I had used it 2x during veg.  Once at 2 weeks old, then a week later.  You identified my Lockout and/or Nitrogen overload so for the last 3 weeks I had only been giving them a lot of straight water.  Almost like a 3 week flush but I didn't let them get sopping wet.

I have heard that it helps but what exactly does it improve upon?

Could it possibly increase overall size of the buds or anything like that?

Also since I haven't used any Chemical nutrients in a month, I might as well keep it that way and only water w/ molasses and the Fish + Seawead Organic dankfuckin shit.  Hopefully there will be a clean taste.

My hopes of this grow are coming back.  I truly thought I had pulled a huge noob move when I fucked up my PH which I have never had an issue with, causing the lockout.  I thought they were so stunted that my yields were going to barely exist!

Now they are starting to look PRETTY DAMN GOOD,  Nug size-wise and I don't see any more signs of stress so my confidence level just took a major booster!  I examined the plants today and the majority of every nugget has really started packing on calyxs and weight. 

I was really concerned that the 150 was just far too weak, but then I found this very helpful chart, (and the nugs started taking off) which also helped raise my spirits.  As long as I do a SOG with this setup (360w), I should have NO PROBLEM pulling good yields; even with the low wattage HPS system...  It's more of how do you use it than anything. 

I'm already stoked to get my next update ready, and I still have until next Friday!  Bummer...

:bongload:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #339812 - 01/03/10 09:53 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

looking beautiful my friend!
can't wait to see the harvest :bigweed:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #339816 - 01/03/10 09:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

A ha!  Fox my good buddy!  So happy to see you around!

They have come a long way since you saw them last I bet!?

I really really wanna smoke you out once I harvest... All 5 already smell just incredible and each one is different!  I like me some variety.  :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #339835 - 01/03/10 10:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

They have definitely come a very long way!
I was a bit bummed about not being able to check your journal every few days, but going from seeing them as little babies to beautiful flowering ladies, ahhh just wonderful!  You're doing a great job.

man I wish you could smoke me out!  I still haven't gotten a new pick up :sad:  Hopefully soon though, my van is almost back on the road.  I'd be willing to drive out there if you didn't live so far!

too bad you can't send me a scratch-n-sniff PM :crazy2:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: Fox]
    #339857 - 01/03/10 11:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I have heard that it helps but what exactly does it improve upon?

Black strap molasses, carbo load, sweet, etc are all sugar supplements.  Sugar is converted into terpenes which is what produces the flavors and odors from your buds.

Quote:

Could it possibly increase overall size of the buds or anything like that?

If it did increase the overall size of your buds the effects would be negligible compared to a grow without a sugar supplement.  If you're looking to increase the size of your buds look into humic extracts (IE Top Max which is my personal fave). Trichome production can be increased by using a heavy P additive (like snow storm ultra).  Increasing the levels of P and K your plant receives during the later stages of growth will help pack on weight and increase resin production.  This is why you'll see a lot growers report using things like Kool Bloom or Chaching and Open sesame towards the middle of the grow.  People who amend their soils usually create a layer or two of Heavier P + K near the bottom of the pots (as the plants root system expands during growth it will hit those layers when it can use them effectively).

As it is the basic tenants of feeding will apply, heavy N during veg and early flower, switch to a light flowering blend, increase dosage of flowering blend as cycle progresses, to finally cutting off all nutrients leading to a final flush of your substrate.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: coda]
    #339871 - 01/04/10 12:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Alright yeah I knew most of that, just didn't really know exactly why I was using it.  I just know it works.

I'm not looking to get huge buds, because big buds are generally more airy and I'm in love with small, compact, and heavy dense buds.  I always have preferred them over larger nugget strains... :shrug:  That's why I liked the Chrystal.  Some of the pheno's were like rabbit turds in tightness.  The colas were like a bunch of balls all stuck together.  :awesome:

I'm anxious to see which type of nuggets I get this time, as Lucid got quite the variety but I used mostly the best seeds from the best/favorite plants so hopefully I get some that mimic the parents.  The Hazy hybrids are actually grabbing my heart the most.  I put them through a lot and they are producing faster than the other strains, and smell amazingly strong like berries!  They also have the most trich coverage.  Who woulda thunk!  I meant to just get a little sample of this strain again but instead those 2 tall whores might yield a good amount of really really tasty herb.  Can you tell i'm excited?

Edit- A few hairs have started turning orange on the Haze hybrids.  It doesn't look like heat stress or light burn, or even nute burn.  It looks natural as if the buds are maturing, but i'm only on day 37 of flowering???  I wouldn't expect to see any hairs start turning until about day 45...  What do you guys think, it's only about 15% of them.

--------------------

Edited by Inverted (01/04/10 12:25 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #340065 - 01/04/10 03:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

you'll be ok, just pay attention to those calyxes and check for seed production.  If you see a seed or two pop up you got some nanners somewhere.

Otherwise I'd say you lucked out and found a quick finisher.

--------------------

OfflineGoldenCapAttack
Male

Loc: Ca
    #340117 - 01/04/10 05:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Lookin good man! will definately be
checkin in on this grow.

-GCA :gethigh:

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Chrystal, 3 Purple Haze, 200w CFL's - 150w HPS (for flowering) I Have Returned! [Re: GoldenCapAttack]
    #340440 - 01/04/10 10:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
you'll be ok, just pay attention to those calyxes and check for seed production.  If you see a seed or two pop up you got some nanners somewhere.

Otherwise I'd say you lucked out and found a quick finisher.

I found 1 nanner in the whole lot, caught it before anything happened and never saw another one.  I check daily :tongue:

I think you are right, a quick finisher!  The only problem is it's a small yielder... :wink:  Just didn't get that early flowering boost of calyxs.  Once again I've managed to make a mistake this grow and it's another I will never repeat.  I packed the medium too tight and the roots had a tough time penetrating after transplant...

Oh well.  I'm gonna get at least a couple oz's outta this and already have the next run vegging so I'll be juuuust fine.

Quote:

GoldenCapAttack said:
Lookin good man! will definately be
checkin in on this grow.

-GCA :gethigh:

Good to hear!  I always love input, positive or negative!  Come back in a few days and you will like the progress.  They lagged for a couple weeks in the beginning of flowering but they are bouncing back and packing on the flowers at an impressive rate.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#340442 - 01/04/10 10:15 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Coda you said your estimated harvest date was the 27th???

That's cool, I had mine set at the 26th.  Should be cool finishing around the same time.  :yesnod:

--------------------

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #340625 - 01/05/10 01:51 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I gave Inverted those crystal seeds, Im growing them myself and they seriously kick ass. I got a small amount from my outdoor crop last season.

Edited by stoney.69 (01/05/10 11:49 AM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Lucid]
    #340957 - 01/05/10 05:24 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Coda you said your estimated harvest date was the 27th???

Yup, although I may be harvesting a few plants earlier on that.  The few plants which seem more sativa dominant I think are going to need another week or two.  Hardly any calyx swelling on them while the other girls are getting nice and fat.

I just wish the overall bud size was bigger on most of the plants, I don't think I'll hit my goal of 14 grams per plant.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: coda]
    #341088 - 01/05/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nice!  I might be taking down a few branches early so I can dry them and have something to smoke while the rest of the crop is drying.  I'm not concerned with my yield this run as long as I get well over an ounce.  I already have the next run vegging and it won't be as long between harvests. 

I'll probably only get 1/4 from each of the lanky ones (most trich coverage though)

And 1/2 from each of the other 3 that are more squat.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: Inverted]
    #341089 - 01/05/10 07:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Pictures coming in an hour or two!  :borat:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #341113 - 01/05/10 07:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

get a move on son.  we ain't got all day! 

jk, im sure they are still looking awesome.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#341172 - 01/05/10 08:38 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 39

New Flowering Chamber.  2'x2'x4'    Almost completed.  About ~3 hours

The Entire Box (Blurred)

The Giant Cola "Daywalker" :lol:  ~The size of a water bottle!

My Favorite and Heartiest Plant

Haze Hybrids :crazy2:

Haze Cola... Already can tell this is going to be the best nug in the crop.

How is it lookin' so far?  My first ever Indoor Harvest is coming soon.  :yesnod:

--------------------

Offlinesnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male

#341209 - 01/05/10 09:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

fuck me with a pogo stick! :rocket: :thumbup:

Offlinedsotm
Male

Re: 12 Crystal (NL x WW), 3 Purple Haze, 5 GDP - MH + CFL's... I Have Returned! [Re: snaggletooth]
    #341238 - 01/05/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice!  The haze looks really tasty.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #341252 - 01/05/10 09:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

nice man. you got saws and all that shit in your garage to cut all your pieces of wood n shit?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #341262 - 01/05/10 09:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Magnificent!  I really like that 4th picture.  This gets two noms!

:bestbud:

Quote:

Inverted said:

damn did you paint a picture in that wood or am i haluzinatin in the grain?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate