Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice
    #319565 - 11/21/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Due to the generous nature of a kind friend, I recently acquired 20 new beans:

10x Purple Kush (Has been selectively breeding and steadily improving this PK for 5+ years)
10x Mystery Seeds (GDP and ICE seeds were mixed up, could be one or the other or some of each)

I've always considered these to be elite, almost legendary strains, so I feel like the luckiest guy in the world right now. Look for some pics and a journal soon, just started germinating them. :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (11/21/09 04:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #319571 - 11/21/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am jealous!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: Inverted]
    #319592 - 11/21/09 03:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ain't purple kush clone only (elite)?  Your homie made the seeds though from shit he been growing for 5 years?  curious to see the results this grow should be dope.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: SmOakland]
    #319619 - 11/21/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Ain't purple kush clone only (elite)? 

GDP too.  Good luck with your grow!  I can't wait to see it develop.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #319622 - 11/21/09 04:55 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, lets see if we can straighten out this elite clone only thing a little.

Ok, Now say that a strain that we will call Blue Balls is made up of say NL crossed with a Blueberry. Does that mean that any NL crossed with any Blueberry makes Blue Balls? No, it has to be that certain NL plant crossed with That certain Blueberry plant. Now when someone else does it with the same strains it's a knockoff that never seems to be the same even though the same strains were used to make it. Has to be the original parent plants.

Now clone only strains like Purple Kush, GDP, and say Cheese. Now with these you have to have a cutting off of the original plant or it's not that elite strain. Take Cheese for instance. All it is is a killer Skunk #1 plant that somebody renamed cause this one had a certain smell and high but do you get Cheese if you cross one with another even if it's done with feminized pollen? No, you get a skunk #1 plant. 

So seeds strains are a cross of two certain plants. Any seeds from these two plants are given the name of the strain,

Now elite strains are a name given to a certain plant and the only way to get them is to have a piece of that plant.

Hope this makes sense to ya. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #319623 - 11/21/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Ain't purple kush clone only (elite)?  Your homie made the seeds though from shit he been growing for 5 years?  curious to see the results this grow should be dope.

Yes and yes, which is why I'm so excited. My first priority is to breed more PK and (hopefully) GDP seeds, then go from there.
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:
Ain't purple kush clone only (elite)? 

GDP too.  Good luck with your grow!  I can't wait to see it develop.

Thanks! This happened at a great time for me, I've been working with the same strain for almost 18 months and needed to make a change. I have some G13 Haze x Mango seeds ripening up but that project is going on the back burner now.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: Magash]
    #319626 - 11/21/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Ok, Now say that a strain that we will call Blue Balls is made up of say NL crossed with a Blueberry. Does that mean that any NL crossed with any Blueberry makes Blue Balls? No, it has to be that certain NL plant crossed with That certain Blueberry plant. Now when someone else does it with the same strains it's a knockoff that never seems to be the same even though the same strains were used to make it. Has to be the original parent plants.

Now clone only strains like Purple Kush, GDP, and say Cheese. Now with these you have to have a cutting off of the original plant or it's not that elite strain. Take Cheese for instance. All it is is a killer Skunk #1 plant that somebody renamed cause this one had a certain smell and high but do you get Cheese if you cross one with another even if it's done with feminized pollen? No, you get a skunk #1 plant. 

So seeds strains are a cross of two certain plants. Any seeds from these two plants are given the name of the strain,

Now elite strains are a name given to a certain plant and the only way to get them is to have a piece of that plant.

Interesting input!  And that does make sense, common sense even.  Why should just some joe shmo get credit for what he calls a new cross when there was no selection going on in their seed development? 

What about forcing self pollination.  I'm not sure of the appropriate terms but can't you spray a bud with some kind of chemical product to force it to intersex and develop male sacs?  I thought that was done to produce feminized seeds from these cloned plants that are flowered.  no?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: Magash]
    #319631 - 11/21/09 05:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Thanks Magash, I should have elaborated on that in the initial post. This was a PK clone initially pollinated by an unknown (to me) male. It has been backcrossed to PK numerous times over the last 5+ years. This is where the story ends for me unfortunately, but I'm assured the seeds will breed as close to PK as could be expected. Same goes for the GDP although I don't have any background story there.

I will say that this guy is a good friend with a greener thumb and more experience than I will ever possess. The plants should speak for themselves shortly. :smile:

--------------------
|

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#319680 - 11/21/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Damn hopefully I'll be at the cup next year. Magash are you submitting anything or doing any judging?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Purple Kush, Grandaddy Purple, Ice [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #319734 - 11/21/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I'm not sure of the appropriate terms but can't you spray a bud with some kind of chemical product to force it to intersex and develop male sacs?  I thought that was done to produce feminized seeds from these cloned plants that are flowered.  no?

Yes you can do this but even if the seeds and pollen came from the same plant it's not like taking a clone. Different traits from the original parents can still come out.
Two twins lets say from Arkansas get together and decide to have a baby, Now even though they are twins is the baby gonna look exactly like them?

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds