Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: BlargIAmDead]
    #107266 - 08/10/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Damn that is some sexy stuff.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecannabutterluvr
bongsn'bubs
Loc: G.W. Bush's colon
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #107270 - 08/10/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

looking good man

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: cannabutterluvr]
    #107306 - 08/10/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This is a great journal. Keep up the good work! I look forward to watching these plants grow.

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Sirius]
    #108263 - 08/12/08 12:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nice!!!! Very nice!! :laugh:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Annom]
    #108478 - 08/12/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So sexy! I started 2 really late outdoor plants this year, the Gravity's as you might have seen in my GL but both of them look exactly like some of your plants, I thought that was very cool, they must be around the same age, your's might be a little less stretched because of how many hours you give it but they are definately identical

Sorry for the blurry pic, do you think this looks like a Indica/Sativa mix to you, the leaves are a little skinnier than any of my other strains... I hope so, because even if they only harvest a 1/4 per plant then at least I know its coming from an absolutely amazing strain. The gravity's around here are so fucking bomb... med grade.

They are so perfect and healthy, if this is a what growing a good strain is like I can't wait to order seeds, I love how both of my plants look EXACTLY the same, must be good genetics eh?

Even though they are a month younger than the rest of my plants they show the best prominent growth characteristics... I love it, I'm too obsessed... They are the shortest bushiest plants I have ever grown I think...

Oh and here's a shot of my good ol' city I took WHILE DRIVING today...heh

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Inverted]
    #108969 - 08/14/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah dude, those are looking really great, can't wait to see how they turn out. They definitely seem to be about the same age as ours, maybe a little bit younger or less mature, from having less hours. They definitely look like a good hybrid, a little bit more towards the sativa side. It does seem like stable genetics, considering how consistent the phenotypes are. Is Gravity just the name of the commercial buds you got them from, or something?

Nice city too, looks like it must be in Canada, clean and stylish. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Sirius]
    #108970 - 08/14/08 02:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Update 8/13 :pimp3:

Gotta keep moving with the documentation. Not too much new, but a lot of pictures. The plants were watered twice in the last two days; the first time, they were flushed before being fed. What looks like nutrient burn began to appear a couple of days ago, bringing us to try some new things with feeding. After doing some analysis, it seems most likely that it was due to having too much Calcium. The Arjan's Haze #3 are looking the most worse for wear. This is thought because the leaves started going lime green at the edges, with the burnt spots (too much calcium locks up magnesium), and also due to the discovery that the label of our Bionova Calcium had a typo (1% CaO on the label, whereas it was intended to be 15%), meaning we were giving it far too much calcium, trying to keep it at the right ratio with the Magnesium. The first watering, we applied an accurate dosage of it with the dosage of magnesium. Today they were given a regular dosage of A&B (up to 1.5mL/L) and a dosage of Magnesium, absent the dosage of calcium, after the magnesium lock-out didn't improve from the day before. The thought is that the tap-water probably has a lot of calcium. I think we're starting to get everything dialed-in as far as this goes; can't wait for the RO to not have to guess about the tap-water.

Still alternating between the HPS and the fluorescents, for them to keep benefiting from the blue spectrum, as well as the light intensity that they need from the HPS. Hopefully in about a week, preflowers will start to appear. Most of the plants are working on their seventh set of nodes right now. In about a week, we'll be able to take our first shot at cloning, as well, as the side-branches are really growing. :smile:

Here's the group shot from the last watering:

AH3 #1

AH3 #2

CS #1

CS #2

CS #3

CS #4

WS #1

WS #2

WS #3

WS #4

WS #5

Thanks for checkin'! :super:

--------------------

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#109007 - 08/14/08 05:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

growing faaaaast.

Are you transplanting to bigger containers?  maybe i missed it, but is that coco?

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinefantasy2reality
 User Gallery

Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Yrat]
    #109010 - 08/14/08 06:11 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm jealous

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: fantasy2reality]
    #109117 - 08/14/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, thanks for checking in. Yup, its coco. They are in 3.4 liter pots right now, and hopefully in about a week they will be ready to transplant into 16 liter pots.

--------------------

OfflineOreoGrows
    #109248 - 08/14/08 06:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ill be keeping my eye on this one, especially the MT and CS grows, i might be going with some matanuska for my next grow, and the CS is some holy grail genetics, so there have gotta be some gems in that pack

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: OreoGrows]
    #109252 - 08/14/08 07:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, we should be receiving a fresh pack of MT from Sagarmatha here soon, so they shouldn't have any problems like the first pack did. :wink:

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #109464 - 08/14/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Way stoked to see the final product from the white satin...also gonna be looking for the grow with the free seeds since they are what I got with my White Satin order.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

#109474 - 08/14/08 11:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#109588 - 08/15/08 05:34 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so those are almost 1 gallon pots?  they look much smaller than that in the pics... which means the plants are even bigger than i thought :lol::awesome:

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Yrat]
    #109596 - 08/15/08 07:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

They are, on average, about 7" tall right now. A close inspection of them underneath the HPS today revealed that most of them have started developing preflowers. Some of them only have one on the whole plant, and its definitely too early to tell sex for sure, but there's one that definitely looks like a male and another that really looks like a female... the next week should be fun, as all of them should be determined, we'll transplant, take clones, etc... :super:

--------------------

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
    #114980 - 08/27/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Update Day 6 Flowering :pimp3:

Its been awhile, so I guess we should update this thing. The plants have been on 12/12 for six days now and are really working on their stretch (all of them are over a foot and a half right now). The plants have been suffering through some problems with the older growth getting burnt on the edges. There was an initial onset around the time they received an overdose of calcium due to the mislabeled bottle, and we've been working to figure it out and try out different things to stop it. It hasn't stopped yet, but it doesn't spread nearly as fast as it first did. It seems to be a compound problem, likely due to magnesium deficiency, too much salt buildup in the coco, something with the roots, who knows, because they don't seem to be responding too well to anything we try to that end. Starting to work with foliar spraying just this morning, and tonight the coco is going to be flushed like crazy again... Anyways, beyond the edges of some of the older fan leaves getting some burning, the plants seem to be pretty healthy, and all of the new growth on the side branches shows absolutely no problems. :shrug:

Preflowers had started developing before the light switch, and as of right now, seven are confirmed female, three are unconfirmed, and one of the Critically Smashed was a male, that is no longer of this world. We took some clones from it a couple days ago, before it got chopped up, as we've never cloned and are seeking to build some experience with the essential technique. We tried three without a dome over them and three inside plastic domes, to see if it would be necessary to work with humidity domes, as some people have success without them. The three without wilted overnight, and the other three seem to be doing just fine. Tonight we'll be taking some more clones from some of the confirmed females.

That's pretty much all there is to it. Really looking forward to bud production; hopefully we can solve the problems with the old growth. Here's some pictures of all the plants. Thanks for checking in! :super:

Arjan's Haze #3

Critically Smashed

White Satin

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #115068 - 08/27/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Looking great! What is the volume of those pots?
edit: and can you make an overview pic of the plants under the lights and the whole setup?

Edited by Annom (08/27/08 11:30 AM)

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Matanuska Tundra, Arjan's Haze #3, White Satin, and Critically Smashed [Re: Annom]
    #115074 - 08/27/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man, thanks for checking in. The pots they are in now are 3.4 liters. The reason we didn't transplant right before the switch to 12/12 is because sex wasn't very apparent on any of the plants, and not to mention wanting to avoid the work of transplanting a bunch of plants to 16 liter pots that aren't going to be female, but there simply isn't any way ten plants would fit in that space in that size of pots - there just isn't enough floorspace. We'll be transplanting in the next day or two, but I'm kind of wondering if it would be too disadvantageous to just let that slide. Coco is being used more like hydroponics than like soil, so I'm not worried about them needing watered more often or anything like that, but the only concern would be them becoming root-bound enough that the salts wouldn't be able to be flushed out. The roots aren't going to grow too much after the stretch is finished anyways, right? If that's the case, then I think we wouldn't have a problem with that, considering how the sides of the coco look now. Anyone know more about that?

I'll get those pictures up for you in the next couple hours. :super: Also, the one thing that has remained constant in the environment despite everything we've been attempting and changing to correct this leaf-burning problem is the pH, so tonight we're going to bump it up from 5.8 up to about 6.2 or 6.3 and see if that will fix this. Based on some feedback we've been getting in our diagnostic thread over at ICMag, as well as some of my own thoughts and the process of elimination, it seems to be exactly what the problem is.... but I've had my hopes up before, and we'll just have to wait and see. :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #115078 - 08/27/08 12:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

The only thing I know is that I use 30 liter of peat soil per plant in my 400 W grow box (one big soil container). I don't know how many roots a plant needs. It sure depends on the size of the plant. I would transplant to 16 liter pots if possible.

Bumping pH from 5.8 to 6.2 should not give any problems. Let's see what happens.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies