Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting.
    #833347 - 06/07/18 02:54 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

PAR reading is what you want to benchmark your test on. Calibrate your PAR meter to range of wavelengths you want to test for (i.e. the wavelengths cannabis grow best under). LED stomps all over HID. I have seen test run from the most elite double ended HID light manufacturers up against LEDs and they cant hold a candle to the growth and quality of LED. The proof is in the puddin folks.

I challenge anyone to show better results under HID than LED. I will use a true 800 watt LED for 400 bucks and I will win that contest.

Not all LED's are equal though. But they don't have to be expensive either. Just the correct technology for growing your specific crop.

Not to mention the many other factors. Like not having to change light bulbs every six months. 90 percent less heat than filament lights produce which in turn makes them way more efficient. 40-60 percent cheaper to operate than HID.

Big commercial grows are switching to LED's by the droves. It is hard though because large scale LED systems are not cheap and if they are making money hand over fist even with HID because they are growing a bad ass cash crop...then what is the rush!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: shroomerite]
    #833350 - 06/07/18 04:43 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:
PAR reading is what you want to benchmark your test on. Calibrate your PAR meter to range of wavelengths you want to test for (i.e. the wavelengths cannabis grow best under). LED stomps all over HID. I have seen test run from the most elite double ended HID light manufacturers up against LEDs and they cant hold a candle to the growth and quality of LED. The proof is in the puddin folks.

I challenge anyone to show better results under HID than LED. I will use a true 800 watt LED for 400 bucks and I will win that contest.

Not all LED's are equal though. But they don't have to be expensive either. Just the correct technology for growing your specific crop.

Not to mention the many other factors. Like not having to change light bulbs every six months. 90 percent less heat than filament lights produce which in turn makes them way more efficient. 40-60 percent cheaper to operate than HID.

Big commercial grows are switching to LED's by the droves. It is hard though because large scale LED systems are not cheap and if they are making money hand over fist even with HID because they are growing a bad ass cash crop...then what is the rush!!

Well if you have seen test runs then please post the link to said site. And why not just post your great results for us all to see I'm sure you took pictures right. But only you have seen those results eh.:wink:

SAJLMFAO easy there buddy don't freak out now.

Believe anything you want but the facts remain.

Yes changing a light bulb is very challenging for some people. And I love you math buddy on how a LED using 400 watts uses less power then a HID using 400 watts. SAJLMFAO  :goodluck: you need it.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: Rider420] * 1
    #833352 - 06/07/18 06:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

:rofl:

Rider420, we're still waiting to see your' work. Don't go calling someone out on their results when you yourself have shown us nothing.

When I was running 400 watts HIDs, MH veg and HPS flower I averaged 15 to 20 ozs.
I currently run a XML 350 it Uses 305 watts. I average 24 to 30ozs. Far closer to my old 600 HPS numbers. Oh my work and results are posted all Over this site. Oh and haven't had to change a bulb in just over 18 months. .

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: Stoneth]
    #833353 - 06/07/18 07:23 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:

Rider420, we're still waiting to see your' work. Don't go calling someone out on their results when you yourself have shown us nothing.

When I was running 400 watts HIDs, MH veg and HPS flower I averaged 15 to 20 ozs.
I currently run a XML 350 it Uses 305 watts. I average 24 to 30ozs. Far closer to my old 600 HPS numbers. Oh my work and results are posted all Over this site. Oh and haven't had to change a bulb in just over 18 months. .

Sure buddy I posted my clone 101  pics before you asked but since you did I will leave you with a peek of my plants.

BTW you should really cure your buds before weighing them. Oh and too bad your LED lights have lost more then 10% of their brightness you could change the bulbs but that's right you can't change the bulbs on a LED light.

Edited by Rider420 (06/07/18 07:34 PM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: Rider420]
    #833355 - 06/07/18 09:31 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

LOL
I would weight it wet. What a joke.

Also note I can get and replace any parts on my LED. I didn't go cheap. So I picked a manufacture that was willing to stand behind their product. As for lost of brightness goes if the yeiIds aren't dropping IDGAF yoa dig. :smile:

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: Stoneth]
    #833356 - 06/07/18 10:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:
LOL
I would weight it wet. What a joke.

Also note I can get and replace any parts on my LED. I didn't go cheap. So I picked a manufacture that was willing to stand behind their product. As for lost of brightness goes if the yeiIds aren't dropping IDGAF yoa dig. :smile:

Ouch  305 watts of led for 995 us. Drop mike walks away.
https://advancedledlights.com/products/led-grow-lights/ds-xml-350/

400 watt HPS and ten bulbs for those who are able to change a light bulb https://www.growlights.ca/growlights/grow-light-kits/400-watt-kits/400-watt-dimmable-wing-reflector-kit.html 150$ for the kit including two bulbs and 10x16.99 169.90 for 10 extra bulbs 320 CND vs 995 US.

I guess if I had paid that much for a light my ego would kick in to. Shit happens dude.:drysmash:

Edited by Rider420 (06/07/18 10:49 PM)

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833357 - 06/08/18 04:58 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stoneth said:

I currently run a XML 350 it Uses 305 watts. I average 24 to 30ozs. Far closer to my old 600 HPS numbers.

Sorry buddy but you are mathematically challenged. A projected average can range from 15 to 20 but a real average is a single number. IE you grew 75 oz then 50 oz then 65 oz then 55 oz your average is then arrived at by adding the total weight 75+50+65+55 then dividing them by how many times you grew IE so its 245/4=61.25 so the average is 61.25 not a range between the hightest and the lowest like you claimed saying you averaged 50 to 75.

Next time you lie buddy remember to stay away from math because unlike opinions they are facts that can be proved.

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: Rider420]
    #833359 - 06/08/18 08:20 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Rider 420....I never said anything about 400 watts using less than than 400 watts. That is a moronic statement. 400 Watts of LED will make a LOT more usable light and 90% less heat than a 400 watt HID. Yes they are the same amount of watts but you get much more output, brighter and better light from the 400 watts of LED so yes it is waaay more efficient.

As far as posting the test results....links below.

Also, I will also show you pics later today of a $400 LED that uses 800 actual watts with a PAR reading of aprx 1200 at the plant level with the light 3 feet above the canopy. Inventor/Designer of a 12 band-spectrum specifically for cannabis and I wont change a bulb for 5 years.

Here are actual test results using expensive testing equipment showing you the results.

BAM!...TEST RESULTS

Also spend 20 minutes on youtube and you will see that HID is being phased out fast. Why use a light that produces 90% heat and only 10% light. That is where the 400 watts (450 watts actual, 400 watt bulb + 50 watts for ballast) is being used on your precious HID...to heat! Not to mention that out of that 10% of light the HID produces....only a small portion of it is used by the plant.

LED's are the opposite, 10% heat and 90% light. Plus nearly 100% of all the light produced is usable to the plant. Where is the debate?:facepalm3:

LED vs HID

To your comment about changing a light bulb, why replace a bulb every 6 months when an LED lights lasts for 1000's of hours.

Your math is way off bro. An 800 watt light for 400 bucks that produces 40% brighter light, 80% more usable light, that produces almost no heat and last for years!!!! NO BRAINER!

Please disband those old school notions that LEDs are not up to PAR. Get it...Very punny!

Edited by shroomerite (06/08/18 09:12 AM)

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833361 - 06/08/18 09:19 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:

Nice looking flowers, but Your HID lights are whats causing all that fox-tailing on your buds.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: People who say LED's are inferior to HID's, do NOT know lighting. [Re: shroomerite]
    #833363 - 06/08/18 11:46 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:
Quote:

Rider420 said:

Nice looking flowers, but Your HID lights are whats causing all that fox-tailing on your buds.

BTW Purple haze the strain shown and other hazes naturally fox tail unlike MK ultra or other Indica leaning plants.

FYI If your getting your facts from you tube well enough said.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833364 - 06/08/18 11:53 AM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:

To your comment about changing a light bulb, why replace a bulb every 6 months when an LED lights lasts for 1000's of hours.

Your math is way off bro. An 800 watt light for 400 bucks that produces 40% brighter light, 80% more usable light, that produces almost no heat and last for years!!!! NO BRAINER!

Please disband those old school notions that LEDs are not up to PAR. Get it...Very punny!

Sorry buddy I cant tell you where I work or post pictures but I have seen the results of side by side grows same clones same feeding just different light sources. HID lights still outproduce LED lights watt for watt. That is why companies who spend millions on lights and power who do the R&D don't buy LED lights. Go tour any new Canadian commercial grow op and see for yourself.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833366 - 06/08/18 12:46 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:Rider 420....I never said anything about 400 watts using less than than 400 watts. That is a moronic statement. 400 Watts of LED will make a LOT more usable light and 90% less heat than a 400 watt HID. Yes they are the same amount of watts but you get much more output, brighter and better light from the 400 watts of LED so yes it is waaay more efficient.

Lumen is the measurement for total light produced regardless of PAR  HID produce 140 lumen per watt LED produce 70 lumen per watt. Ohms law states any watt used that does not produce the desired effect in this case lumen is lost as heat. So do the math LED produces less light per watt used which means they produce more heat per watt used. Why do you think LED lights need cooling fans while HID lights don't?

Its so sad when someone listens only to his salesman but it is what it is.

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833368 - 06/08/18 02:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

shroomerite said:Rider 420....I never said anything about 400 watts using less than than 400 watts. That is a moronic statement. 400 Watts of LED will make a LOT more usable light and 90% less heat than a 400 watt HID. Yes they are the same amount of watts but you get much more output, brighter and better light from the 400 watts of LED so yes it is waaay more efficient.

Lumen is the measurement for total light produced regardless of PAR  HID produce 140 lumen per watt LED produce 70 lumen per watt. Ohms law states any watt used that does not produce the desired effect in this case lumen is lost as heat. So do the math LED produces less light per watt used which means they produce more heat per watt used. Why do you think LED lights need cooling fans while HID lights don't?

WOW! ROFLMAO! I think I pissed myself when I read that. Too funny. I can not believe you actually said that! Did you even watch those videos you asked me to provide or research this subject? It sounds like you are just thinking in your head how things work and just saying them.

LED's do not have filaments so they need circuit boards and drivers to function. The fans are to keep what heat the LED's do produce dissipating from the circuits and components. Dude you really need to look up somethings. You look very uneducated with statements like that.

You asked me to show you evidence and I did. Where is yours? Oh yeah you said you cant tell me or show me. So we are just supposed to take your word for it? lol. Youtube is littered with HID vs. LED grows.

You are so wrong. I cant help you if you don't have sound logic man. Lumens don't mean shit when it comes to growing cannabis. Nobody uses that measurement for bench-marking anymore. What good are more lumens if that plant cant use the light it is producing?

I didn't listen to a salesman, I worked with LED's since electronic engineering school plus I retro fitted huge factories and processing plants with LED's. If you think people aren't buying LED's you are crazy bro. :facepalm3: I have seen almost every business in the tri-state area convert over to LED's. Heck I helped facilitate a ton of it. Huge cities like Kansas City retro fitted every light in the city to LED because of how much better they are than HID's they were using.

Dude, explain why LED's are the new standard and regular filament lights and CFL's are banned from being made in the USA. Once the massive stock runs out it will only be LED's on the shelves in the store. Look up the laws before arguing this fact because I know it well. In addition to doing testing for the EPA, I worked in the field dealing with the government and power companies and LED companies which all were dealing with this issue of switching out their lights to LED.

Canada is way behind times in commercial growing, but they are catching up.

Edited by shroomerite (06/08/18 02:41 PM)

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833369 - 06/08/18 02:52 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

shroomerite said:
Quote:

Rider420 said:

BTW Purple haze the strain shown and other hazes naturally fox tail unlike MK ultra or other Indica leaning plants.

FYI If your getting your facts from you tube well enough said.

Whats wrong with YouTube? You saying I cant learn anything from a video? Video lectures are an awesome way to learn.

What just books? LOL, college textbooks still use Henkels drawings of the embryo to try and prove that stupid evolution religion and it was proved false 125 years ago!! He publicly apologized to the university and the court and was fired but they still use it in text books today because they want to indoctrinate people and say we all came from a rock billions of years ago.

You denouncing Youtube as a viable place to learn things just makes your ignorance shine buddy. You should stop spreading so much dis-information. Do the work and research.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833370 - 06/08/18 02:59 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not angry or trying to argue with you just inform other people of the facts so they don't waste their money.

FYI if LED lights were as good as you think corporations spending million on power and lights would be running them and anyone using the old HID would get priced out of the market so why has that not happened? Best of luck buddy you are really going to need it.

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833373 - 06/08/18 03:17 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

OK lets just agree to disagree.

The people who spend millions on power are switching like crazy. Cities are switching all the street lights and parking lot lights. Many big cities in the US have already converted.

When talking about the cannabis industry tho...

They wouldn't get priced out of the market at all because cannabis has a huge profit margin. People still use HID's because they are cheaper upfront and it allows them to make a profit for less startup capital but anyone who is one the leading edge of the industry has or is switching to LED's to grow that profit margin and go green.

HID's do have there place. They put out a lot of heat so people in the colder climates will use HID's so they do not need to heat their grow room.

Peace.

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833374 - 06/08/18 03:20 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:
What just books? LOL, college textbooks still use Henkels drawings of the embryo to try and prove that stupid evolution religion and it was proved false 125 years ago!! He publicly apologized to the university and the court and was fired but they still use it in text books today because they want to indoctrinate people and say we all came from a rock billions of years ago.

You denouncing Youtube as a viable place to learn things just makes your ignorance shine buddy. You should stop spreading so much dis-information. Do the work and research.

Research? in the bible and on utube eh? ROLMFAO

OMG do you really believe in religion and faith? Either you understand the reality in which we all exist in or you can believe anything you like.

Dis-information like there is no heaven above or hell below or that the world is round eh. And those are angles in the sky not stars and the sun is driven across the sky by a God in a chariot and earth is in the center of the universe . SAJLMFAO

Ok lets agree to disagree eh.

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833375 - 06/08/18 03:26 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

I believe in God and the bible. You should too. Please please just watch this video and tell me how you dont.

Click Here

OfflineRider420
Stranger

#833376 - 06/08/18 03:35 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

shroomerite said:
I believe in God and the bible. You should too. Please please just watch this video and tell me how you dont.

Click Here

Either you understand the cause and effect reality we all exist in or you can believe anything you want. You can believe you just shit a piece of pie and eat said pie with a smile on your face claiming it even came ala mode. But to everyone who does not share your faith your just a shit eating moron.

Yes i watch some of that video and here is my response.

Not every Christian is a Nazi but every last Nazi was a Christian, yup the most evil people who killed more people then any other group shared your faith. How can you want to be part of a religion that did that?

Best of luck buddy hope you find what you need to survive.

Offlineshroomerite
Stranger
    #833377 - 06/08/18 03:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rider420 said:
Quote:

shroomerite said:

Click Here

Either you understand the cause and effect reality we all exist in or you can believe anything you want. You can believe you just shit a piece of pie and eat said pie with a smile on your face claiming it even came ala mode. But to everyone who does not share your faith your just a shit eating moron.

Yes i watch some of that video and here is my response.

Not every Christian is a Nazi but every last Nazi was a Christian, yup the most evil people who killed more people then any other group shared your faith. How can you want to be part of a religion that did that?

Best of luck buddy hope you find what you need to survive.

You gave the classic response. You didnt even watch it because you dont want to belive. You cant get the message in a few minutes. I have what I need to survive. It is your soul that is in danger man. Just watch it. He talks all about Stalin and Nazis in that video. Listen to the whole thing then decide.

Saying your a christian and actually being one are two different things. Besides I am a born again Christian. God says we all must be born twice. Once of water and once of spirit. Your were born of water from your mothers womb. You must accept Jesus and be saved to become born again of the spirit and become a new creature seeing the world with new eyes. Its the only way to eternal life.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom