Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineplump
Clouseau is on the case

questions about germination
    #708380 - 01/18/14 11:29 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

I'm planning on germinating very soon, and have some questions.  I plan on germinating in the pots I plan to grow in, what temperature is optimal for germinating?  I have a way of controlling the temp in a small space and plan to move them into my grow box under the MH when there ready.  Will there be a problem moving the pots from germ temps to the grow box that will be cooler, or should I just put them in the grow box at around 65-70deg?  Thanks to all and all a good night......

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: questions about germination [Re: plump]
    #708394 - 01/19/14 01:16 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

Your better off using the paper towel method. That way you know which seeds are going to come up without having to put multiple seeds in each pot and thinning down their numbers. I like to keep the temps while I'm germinating at around 80f. Lots of strains drop seeds early and those seeds need to make it threw the winter sometimes in moist conditions. The seeds won't germinate until they get warm for this reason. :wink:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: questions about germination [Re: Magash]
    #708447 - 01/19/14 09:16 AM (10 years, 2 months ago)

yup paper towel method is what i also use and never had a problem. just make sure your paper towel is not super soaked. and put in a plastic ziplock bag after to.

Offlineplump
Clouseau is on the case

Re: questions about germination [Re: Magash]
    #708837 - 01/20/14 06:47 PM (10 years, 2 months ago)

During the cold months I built a chamber to keep my BRF jars warm enough to colonize I have upgraded to something else so I have that available.  I will use the paper towel method I have done that for some other germinations.  I can keep the temp in the chamber where ever I need it, so that solves that issue.  Next question, after the seeds sprout they will be transferd to my soil in the pots, at this time should the planted seeds stay at the 80deg mark.  My grow box is in the low to mid 60's.  I guess I am a little confused on the time between right after germ to the veg stage.  Once the seeds poke through the soil I planned to put them in the grow box under the MH if that's right? Between reading my books and the threads I am getting a little confused thanks to all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder