Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
quick and easy germination/ planting the seed question
    #435633 - 06/21/10 11:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

okay so heres my germinating and planting the seed methods, i must be doing something wrong. i soak my seeds for overnight and then throw them in a wet paper towel, fold it over the seed several times and then put the folded paper towel into a ziplock bag. i put the ziplock bag on top of my water heater( now i just wanna say everyones saying you want them to be WARM, optimal temp being 78, well where im from thats cold lol i put my ac on 78. so would it be way to hot on top of the water heater, if my inside house temp is 78 and the water heater is probably from 80-95 degrees?

So i usually wait untin theres about 2 or 3 milimeters of tap root showing and then plant them aproximately 1/4" under the soil, and then i water the cup twice daily and put it under the light. now im having pretty good germination rates, but not so good of seeds sprouting out of the soil rates. so what am i doing wrong, or what part should i improve upon? Also what is the best time to stop pre germinating and put them into the soil?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: quick and easy germination/ planting the seed question [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #435637 - 06/21/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Re: quick and easy germination/ planting the seed question [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #435640 - 06/21/10 11:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

what i do is get a ziplock bag and wet papertowel put seeds in paper towel and put that into the ziplock bag but dont zip it up and then i put it by a window and yeah all my seeds get germed thus far... the ziplock bag keeps the humidity up...

edit: i didnt even read all your post now that i have ill try to answer... you seem to be doing everything right i had the same problems a few times i just always though is was a dud seed. like sometimes my germed seeds wont even grow they just show the root and then stop growing.. your methods spot on though so dont be worried nature isnt perfect after all thats why you get more seeds lol.

Edited by SalviaNshrooms9090 (06/21/10 12:05 PM)

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: quick and easy germination/ planting the seed question [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #435646 - 06/21/10 12:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i use a closet to put my bag with seeds in.. just germinated 10 seeds and 8 came out.. time laps 37 hours.. no soaking seed in water.. or i use a cup to soak them then come back in 5 hours to see how many drop(mostly all of them.) check every 3-4 hours and see witch 1's have cracked. add to dirt and 3 days later i got a sprout.. i dont like the cup method tho cous not all of them crack. i think the water heater is not a good thing i found a dark cool cabinet or closet work great. i stuck my clones on my water heater with a light cous i dont have a heating pad..

edit: most of my seeds had a half inch taproot.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Edited by lostinbq (06/21/10 12:04 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder