Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFunkerdslr
Boss at Δ9

Lab in Overdrive * 2
    #692754 - 11/09/13 12:38 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey everyone, I just discovered this forum after being a member of the shroomery for many a year.

I just wanted to drop in and say hey to everyone, and maybe post up some of our labs results with SCC02, N-Butane and Ethanol extractions since we've run more material in the last month, than we have in the whole of last year.

We opened our lab in september of 2012 in ventura california and we currently produce concentrates for all of LA and ventura county (if you live here, you may have dabbed some of our stuff). We generally extract with closed loop extractors modeled off skunkpharms MkII terpenator. We also extract with C02 but lab results have determined an inferior product both in active's and terp profiles and we generally reserve the SCC02 setup for edible material.

every extractor is in use around the clock right now, and some of the oils and waxes that are coming out of our vac ovens are simply mind blowing.

Here's some of my favorites from the last 2 weeks or so  :justcantwait:

66grams LAcon x GDP shatter

Skywalker OG wax

Close up of Larry OG wax, not fully stable yet.

68 grams Tangerine Haze

Top left is Bubble Berry outdoor nug run.
Top right is CC TahoeOG + Blue Diesel
Bottom left is JillyBean Organic Outdoor nug run
Bottom right is DeltaHaze Nugrun
Run by BM

Edited by Funkerdslr (11/09/13 12:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleP-O

Re: Lab in Overdrive [Re: Funkerdslr]
    #692756 - 11/09/13 12:46 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

beautiful eye candy!!!  and welcome to the growery

what do u use to vac purge it?

What do u guys sell your shatter for? (just curious )

OfflineFunkerdslr
Boss at Δ9

Re: Lab in Overdrive [Re: P-O]
    #692761 - 11/09/13 01:05 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

P-O said:
beautiful eye candy!!!  and welcome to the growery

what do u use to vac purge it?

What do u guys sell your shatter for? (just curious )

Thanks P-O! sometimes I take work home with me just to stare at it (and sample a little :wink:

We use a 1 Cu.Ft SHEL LAB 1407 vac oven for purges. Generally anything we winterize is purged at 140F for 24 hours as the ethanol is much harder to get down to our 50PPM residual solvent threshold. basic waxes which aren't winterized are vac'd at 120F for 3-5 days or until completely stable and crumbly.

The price game is a difficult one, the profit margin on nug runs are minimal at best. generally though, nug runs go to the collectives for 25-30/g and trim runs (which are always darker and less tasty, but always test as high TC % wise) go to the collectives at 15/g.

On that same page, we also run material for gardens and collectives and charge 7/g. That is where most of our business has been lately, with harvest time here, we've been processing upwards of 3 lbs a day with a 14-17% return.

I feel its important to share as much information with the community as possible regarding how the industry works (i know some of you work in it too) so i'm more than happy to answer any questions about our extraction processes and anything else that may be helpful.

Happy dabbing! about to get this e-nail going  :hellyeah:

Edited by Funkerdslr (11/09/13 01:10 PM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Lab in Overdrive [Re: Funkerdslr]
    #692802 - 11/09/13 03:58 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Good first post, welcome to The Growery! :potleaf:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

Re: Lab in Overdrive [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #692921 - 11/10/13 09:37 AM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Nice and welcome :thumbup:

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

OfflineStickyIcky
 User Gallery

Re: Lab in Overdrive [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #692944 - 11/10/13 12:18 PM (10 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, not sure if this is the place or not.. but I have a question.

I've been on the shroomery/growery for a while I just haven't posted too much lately.  I currently work at a lab analyzing samples for various compounds via Gas chromatography, but we extract all of our samples in hexane.

Anywho, I have had to hide who I really am and what I really enjoy at work with coworkers.  I LOVE weed, and I have always dreamed of working with it in someway.. or atleast not be shunned for consuming it. (they drug tested me to get in the job, twice).  Does ANYONE know some sources of information about jobs out in medical friendly states?

Like I said I work with gas chromatography machines, and I saw a magazine at work that said we could analyze THC/CBD and pesticides with the right equipment (columns).  I know a decent amount about extractions as well.  I just want to stay in the lab field but not have to hide what I enjoy, and shit... who wouldn't want to work with buds and making hash.

BTW I have a bachelors in marine science and a minor in biology but recently have been working at my current job at the lab for ~2 years.

Thanks dudes!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds