Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: update, =), pricing [Re: coda]
    #502391 - 12/01/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Dutch, and various other Europeans.

I used to put Mayo on my fries a bit, I'd get small packets of mayo and cut the smallest hole in them and just streak them lightly with mayo. I've lately been eating quite a bit of french fries and I put chipolte mayo on them and sometimes mix it with curry mayo.

Ketchup hasn't been doing it for me lately, I love ketchup though it just doesn't belong on fries right now due to my current tastes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: update, =), pricing [Re: maryanne3087]
    #503321 - 12/05/10 11:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You guys are making me hungry

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: update, =), pricing [Re: jkell]
    #509180 - 12/27/10 03:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Big up to all the Shroomerites who are checking this thread out-- I put a link to this thread in my signature on my Shroomery account and I think some of the hits on this thread come from the Cultivation Forum over there.  :shineon: :mushroom2:

Oh, and my london-born, and very english mother boils spinach and puts mayonnaise on it.  The english do some nasty things with food.  I won't touch mayonnaise.

:potleaf:

For the solstice a few days ago I loaded a bowl for friends that consisted of golden BHO, cured citrusy-flavored bud, and melty 73μ-110μ range bubble hash.  This bowl was as miraculously bottomless as mana from the sky.  Lift-off for a whole group.

#1.  Iam baked.  Hash is delicious.

#2.  Mayonnaise is gross.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisiblepositive1

Re: update, =), pricing [Re: Psuper]
    #510687 - 01/03/11 01:43 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"Kief ---Stainless steel (or other metal) is great and is what commercially available kief screens are usually made from."      What type of metal screen and where would someone be able to find one?

Great post by the way:learyharvard:

Edited by positive1 (01/03/11 01:47 AM)

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: update, =), pricing [Re: positive1]
    #510770 - 01/03/11 04:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

positive1 said:

"Kief ---Stainless steel (or other metal) is great and is what commercially available kief screens are usually made from."      What type of metal screen and where would someone be able to find one?

Great post by the way:learyharvard:

I linked to a few sources in my third post in this thread; some of those are expensive.  Check out Amazon and Ebay for the cheapest stuff (availability differs week-to-week).  But the links I provided may also serve you well.

There are various name brand boxes, trays, grinders and they all seem a bit overpriced, especially if you're only looking for a two-screen system.  I like Bubbleman's $120 four-piece screen set though- buy that one or use the ideas above to construct your own.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Cheap metal filters [Re: Psuper]
    #531624 - 02/28/11 08:44 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

Update: Found another good source for small or custom sized pieces of stainless steel wire mesh for kief making or filtering liquid.

The company is selling through the British Ebay site, and offers 10 different sizes of steel meshes for cheap, in the following mesh counts:

60  (=250μ)
80  (=177μ)
120  (=125μ)
200  (=74μ)
400  (=37μ)

Only the last four or five sizes are of interest to us.  As I mentioned on the previous page of this thread most of the links to these different kinds of mesh screens you see in other hash forums are to chineese based companies or other other industrial-level suppliers that won't sell smaller pieces to folks like us.  The above is an easy way to get these for cheaper than from name-brand online headshops.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap metal filters [Re: Psuper]
    #531693 - 03/01/11 03:51 AM (13 years, 21 days ago)

Any sources for North America?

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Cheap metal filters [Re: maryanne3087]
    #533213 - 03/04/11 12:51 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Any sources for North America?

The links I included on the first page of this thread are north American.  In addition have a look at Grainger, Howardwire, and Bwire.com for small sections of steel screen for sale. ***the mesh-to-micron conversion table i linked to on the first page gives an estimate of the micron size of the holes, BUT the actual micron number can vary (usually just a bit) depending on the width of the metal wire that is being woven. 

But check out Ebay and Amazon first; as i mentioned earlier their inventory comes-and-goes for certain sizes, but they're cheaper than the other links I've provided.  I just included the UK-based seller in this thread because he seems to be a regular, and keep a steady inventory.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: update, =), pricing [Re: Psuper]
    #540974 - 03/28/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Pictured is a polyester screen on the left (12" x 12") and a nylon screen on the right. 

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (05/07/11 01:54 AM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: List of Available Micron Sizes for Bags-- Ice Water Extraction, Bubble Hash [Re: Psuper]
    #543664 - 04/06/11 06:00 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So, lets say I have no knowledge of bags. I have no idea what a "working" bag is, etc.

I'm ashamed, but I don't. I've just never looked into it.

Lets also say I was looking to make 2 bags. Just 2. Which 2 sizes would you order to get the most hash?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: List of Available Micron Sizes for Bags-- Ice Water Extraction, Bubble Hash [Re: RasJeph]
    #543921 - 04/06/11 11:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
So, lets say I have no knowledge of bags. I have no idea what a "working" bag is, etc.

I'm ashamed, but I don't. I've just never looked into it.

Lets also say I was looking to make 2 bags. Just 2. Which 2 sizes would you order to get the most hash?

If I was going to order only two bags I would want a 190μ bag to hold back all the garbage and either a 38μ or 25μ size bag that would collect all the hash.

BUUUUUTTTTTT you can skip buying that final bag, if you want, and simply pour the hash filled water onto a screen in the approx. 20μ-38μ range.  That's what i do in my other bubblehash thread-- just pour the filtered hash solution onto the screen that it gets dried on (dried for a few hours before being put on cardboard).

As I mention above somewhere, pressing screens for bubblehash are the same micron size as the final bag in most sets (25μ).  It works exactly the same to simply pour the water onto the drying screen instead of using the final bag-- The difference in cost can be up to twenty-fold when comparing bags to mesh sheets from amazon.com.

I know a few sites to get cheap individual bags though so PM me if you need some links for any sizes-- in my notes I have listed where each of these sizes come from.

The "workbag" is just the bag that you mix the ice, water, and cannabis together in.  Normally that is a 220μ size, but the 190μ can also serve this purpose.  OR, it's just the bag that catches the ice and starting material when poured if you mix in a seperate bucket, which some folks do.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: List of Available Micron Sizes for Bags-- Ice Water Extraction, Bubble Hash [Re: Psuper]
    #543969 - 04/07/11 06:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Ah, I see. I've really dedicated most of my trim and popcorn buds to making a massive ball of budder this round...but its always neat to try something new and have a different end product. :thumbup:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: List of Available Micron Sizes for Bags-- Ice Water Extraction, Bubble Hash [Re: RasJeph]
    #553716 - 05/07/11 01:53 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

UPDATE:

I mention above that the mesh filter of a hash bag is polyester (instead of nylon); I got a great explanation as to why I should not use the nylon monofilament with water filtration recently from an actual filter bag company owner:

Quote:

-- the abrasion resistance between nylon and poly mesh is nominal. In reality, nylon is hygroscopic (absorbs moisture) whereas poly is not. When working in microns in a wet environment I'll take poly over nylon every time to ensure consistent micron size. Moisture absorption in (nylon) monofilament could quite possibly change your 45u to an effective 25u.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#561150 - 06/02/11 12:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thread Updated and Accurate as of June 2011...

Here's a list of some of the filter bag companies out there:

Ice-O-Lator

DropBags

Payload Bags

Sprung Bags

Neato Bags

BubbleBags/Fresh Headies

Kootenay Bubble Refinery

Buddhabags/ Probags

Boldt Bags

Trash Bags (same maker as Boldt Bags)

Bubble Extracter [sic] (from HydroHippy)

Wacky Bags (from WackyWilly)

Crystal Catcher Herb Bags

Hashbag.com ("Extraction Bags")

Weedbags (from ResinExtractor)

VirtualSunHydroponics.com ("Herbal Ice Extracts Bubble Kit")

Trichome Bubble Hash Bags

Bubble Magic Bags

BubbleBagDude Bags

:shineon:

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Edited by Psuper (01/23/12 12:41 PM)

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#606292 - 01/23/12 12:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Here's a list of the available bag sizes which I haven't posted yet:

One (1) gal

Five (5) gal

Eighteen (18) gal

Twenty (20) gal

Thirty Two (32) gal

Fifty (50) gal

Fifty Five (55) gal

& the 2.5 meter (8.2 ft!!) diameter model unique to Pollinator which I shared a picture of above.

I've also updated the list of bag brands. A couple additions; AquaLab is selling a different brand than before, and here's a short list of some brands that I think are no longer made:

420 Bags

Pollen Extraction Bags (from GrassCity)

Black Water Hydro

Schwagg Bagg

I've also updated the original list of micron sizes on page one as a couple are no longer made.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#606293 - 01/23/12 12:47 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order