Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
Anyone want to be my mentor?
    #577747 - 08/11/11 02:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm trying to research on my own, but I would like to have someone who will be there to answer my questions, without me having to flood the forums with a million questions.  It's hard trying to be a good noob who does all his research, when I just finished years of doing that in another field, mushroom cultivation, you know?  I need help.  Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: asdfasdf]
    #577756 - 08/11/11 03:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Tell me more, I can help as long as you are 18 years old. :lol:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineninja cat 09
Made you look
Male

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: mhbound]
    #577760 - 08/11/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I personally find that that's one of the more interesting parts learning a new hobby.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #577761 - 08/11/11 03:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Same here, but I don't mind helping someone who is too lazy. Then next time someone asks I will point them here, but he probably won't ever come back...He's a 1-poster.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
    #577770 - 08/11/11 04:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
Same here, but I don't mind helping someone who is too lazy. Then next time someone asks I will point them here, but he probably won't ever come back...He's a 1-poster.

And how exactly did you come to that conclusion?  I could understand someone asking a question like, "What's the difference between......" and never coming back, but I feel that it's pretty obvious that that wouldn't be the case with me, based on the fact that I asked not just for help, but for someone to be my mentor, as in HELP ME IN THE FUTURE. 

Anyway, I agree, it is very fun, interesting, and rewarding doing research, but when you don't understand half of what you read, and have to have 20 tabs open for definitions, on a slow computer, it gets annoying rather quickly.  And like I said, I pretty much just finished the process of being on the computer up to 7 hours a day, with 20 tabs open, learning to grow mushrooms.  It's hard to bring myself to do it all over again, when I could just go over to the Shroomery, and be the teacher.  I'm not lazy, just worn out.

Also, yes, I'm 18.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#577771 - 08/11/11 04:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Like I said I'll help you all I can, and others will chime in I'm sure as you go through your grow or prepare for your grow,

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #577792 - 08/11/11 07:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I understand where the young lad is coming from.( assuming he is young and infact a he) 
I found it very difficult starting.  I spent a good year researching reading many forums, magazines, and I own every reputable grow bible that I have come across.  I found that the forums are good for questions that don't nessisarily need a immediate response.  Some forums may take a while to get an accurate response and alot of times you end up wadding through BS and opinions that will lead you down the wrong path. 
On a possitive note IMHO you have found the right forum to ask as many questions as you want or will ever need to ask.  The mods here are knowledgeable and the members are courtious and almost always willing to help.  The fact that MH is willing to take you under his wing is a very good thing.  IMO very trust worthy individual.
Don't be afraid to post questions on the board.  I find that it is very good to get several opinions on the matter. 

I think my biggest hurdel so far (cost) has been obtaining the right equipment.  Start your grow right.  Figure out your lighting and air circulation plans first then buy or build the proper equipment.  This will save you alot of money in the long run. Next figure out how you are going to feed them, what nuets, and PH.  Ph is huge in maintaining healthy plant/s.
I will offer any assistance I can.  I cannot consider myself of mentor caliber but I have learned a few tricks along the way.  I am still a noob but I will do what I can to help.

Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: sveumy]
    #577970 - 08/12/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Alright thanks guys.  I'll be PMing you soon Mhbound.

Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
    #578088 - 08/13/11 02:41 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So I just went to your profile Mhbound, and there's no private message option.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #578093 - 08/13/11 03:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey man, there really is no need to have to PM someone in this message board to get quality awnsers.  They're are a number of us who have been doing this a long time and have no problem awnsering questions.  That being said.  We do appreciate you doing research FIRST and buying some books on horticulture.

Also this is a small board, so don't always expect one of the more experienced growers on here to get back to you immediately.  It may take a few hours.

Don't look at the research as a burden, enjoy it.  Find the fun and joy of teaching yourself how to grow and experience this hobby to it's fullest!!

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #578119 - 08/13/11 06:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Many are helpful on this sight just as long as you try and learn for yourself. 

Like what everyone else said, learning about it should be fun and engaging.  If it isn't then do something else with your time.:shrug:

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #578126 - 08/13/11 06:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

u can PM me if u have any questions

mentors good man

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #578147 - 08/13/11 08:42 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Ask on the forums so everyone else can learn as well and so I can point anyone else to the thread that needs help, that's what they are for. As for my pms I don't have them..I have aim and email and a fake Facebook but no pms apparently I'm a liability.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #578229 - 08/14/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Don't look at the research as a burden, enjoy it.  Find the fun and joy of teaching yourself how to grow and experience this hobby to it's fullest!!

Very well put hawk.  :thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #578910 - 08/17/11 01:22 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Alright, first question.  How do you make sure light doesn't get into your cabinet through the holes for your intake and exhaust fans?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#579046 - 08/17/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Duct tape, no joke put in all around any hole you make on both sides if possible...cheap and it works. There are flanges and noise dampeners that keep them somewhat sealed but even then I use it around everything....I covered a door with nothing but cardboard and duct tape n it was awesome even acted as a door. I have started using that gorilla tape shit but its all the same.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlineasdfasdf
Stranger
    #579124 - 08/18/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How is the fan supposed to blow out air if it's covered in duct tape?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579215 - 08/18/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I believe he means to put the fan in a hole then surround the sides of the fan with tape. In other words put the fan in the hole or where it's suppose to go then cover any place that leaks light with tape.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone want to be my mentor? [Re: Magash]
    #579232 - 08/18/11 04:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Exactly. There is some gorilla tape now that shits awesome it even adds support when sealing holes or corners that shit is awesome.

But yea he hit the nail on the head.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579236 - 08/18/11 04:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Gorilla tape is great stuff (so are all the glues that they sell) I use it all the time. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder