Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Fruitarian Diet
    #555454 - 05/14/11 09:00 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I was listening to TM and he made a brief comment about how our ancestors ate mostly fruits and insects which got me thinking

is it possible to live off an entirely fruit based diet?
the insects were obviously a protein source and I'm not even aware if any fruit contains protein
I'm also sure the high levels of sugars might be unhealthy

this is mainly a "what if" thread
but I would love to cut back on processed foods and eat healthier
I find it extremely difficult to do and I think vegetarianism is foolish
and as it currently stands I eat almost no fruit but I could see this as being a much more appealing option

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Fruitarian Diet [Re: CosmicFool]
    #555459 - 05/14/11 09:57 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Fruit is certainly a part of a healthy diet and most vitamins can be found in both fruits and vegetables except vitamin D and B12.  There's a difference between the processed sugar we see in most fruit drinks and what can be found in the fruit naturally.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (05/14/11 10:10 AM)

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: Fruitarian Diet [Re: THEBats]
    #555473 - 05/14/11 10:19 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

fruits are good for sure.

but if you want to eat healthier, sprinkle in

granola, whole grain anything when the option is available, nothing fried, nix carbonated beverages mostly water id say, the new greek yogurts are pretty healthy, nuts as a snack over chips or something, salads too. and i think the salads should have spinach as its way healthier then lettuce.

i dont know much about all this, i just started eating healthy. but thats what i do right now.

and for sure stay away from fast food and highly processed foods.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#555478 - 05/14/11 10:42 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I was listening to TM and he made a brief comment about how our ancestors ate mostly fruits and insects which got me thinking

is it possible to live off an entirely fruit based diet?
the insects were obviously a protein source and I'm not even aware if any fruit contains protein
I'm also sure the high levels of sugars might be unhealthy

this is mainly a "what if" thread
but I would love to cut back on processed foods and eat healthier
I find it extremely difficult to do and I think vegetarianism is foolish
and as it currently stands I eat almost no fruit but I could see this as being a much more appealing option

I am one of those people that are really close to being diabetic.  My doctor basically told me an over abundance of carbs in any fashion can create blood glucose problems.  That includes fresh fruits. Fruits are better than candy, but still can imbalance blood glucose levels.  I never let my kids have full strength juice because of this.

I am not sure about your TM reference, but if you talk to botanists they will tell you that prior to man specifically cultivating plants most of them produced minimal fruit.  Large sweet fruits are not a trend amongst naturally developing plants.  The ones we eat today are 99% product of selective breeding.  Apples, oranges, berries, etc were not available in abundance during our primitive days.  Meat was what was needed to survive.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Fruitarian Diet [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #555480 - 05/14/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

^^^

Hunting and fishing were vital compared to gathering, pre-agriculture.

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: Fruitarian Diet [Re: THEBats]
    #555499 - 05/14/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CrayolaHalls said:
Apples, oranges, berries, etc were not available in abundance during our primitive days.  Meat was what was needed to survive.

In 1979, Professor Alan Walker, a Johns Hopkins University paleoanthropologist, reported that preliminary studies of unmarked tooth enamel in early hominoids suggested that pre-human ancestors apparently had a diet of mostly fruit.

Quote:

THEBats said:
Fruit is certainly a part of a healthy diet and most vitamins can be found in both fruits and vegetables except vitamin D and B12.

isn't vitamin D naturally created in animal (humans included) by the presence of sunlight

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#555518 - 05/14/11 01:21 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yes.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies