Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
been kinda sick lately
    #491871 - 10/26/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

really bad ear ache and headache, with a little bit of soar throat and sinus pain. i went to a doctors appointment yesterday and they ruled out the stuff like ear infection and strep. anyway, since i am a vegetarian they think it's a diet problem. i get migraines, but not really sure if that's what is going on.
anyway, got an idea of what it might be?
will some :potleaf: help it?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491878 - 10/26/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

AIDS

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#491886 - 10/26/10 03:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

Weed will help alot of things, but if it's a dietary imbalance, no.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: DieselB]
    #491891 - 10/26/10 03:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

For real.

I mean, the animals already dead anyways. You're not saving shit, all you're really doing is harming yourself.

That's why I dislike the mentatility of most vegetarians(BTW, this isn't directed at you, so don't take offense to it)

It could be the adderall, as well.

When I was on that shit, I got headaches at least 3 times a week.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #491906 - 10/26/10 04:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
AIDS

Shit. Some quack told me I had that a while back. Figured if I ignore it long enough it'll just go away.

Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

There are a lot of good arguments on both side, vegetarians/vegan and meat eaters. It's just a choice I have for now.
Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
For real.

I mean, the animals already dead anyways. You're not saving shit, all you're really doing is harming yourself.

That's why I dislike the mentatility of most vegetarians(BTW, this isn't directed at you, so don't take offense to it)

It could be the adderall, as well.

When I was on that shit, I got headaches at least 3 times a week.

none taken. thanks for your input. :smile:

--------------------

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#491907 - 10/26/10 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what do vegeterians eat when they get killer munchies? coz i really dont think a bowl of musili or an assortment of fruit would satisfy me:lol:

i just like meat :shrug:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#491908 - 10/26/10 04:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
AIDS

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Shaggy420]
    #491910 - 10/26/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Man, you can take some shit.

All I gotta say.

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Invisibledrawde
    #491927 - 10/26/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:

Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/

Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Edited by drawde (10/26/10 05:10 PM)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #491935 - 10/26/10 05:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:sad: Feel better man~

Earaches are the worst fucking thing ever. I've only ever had one *knock on wood* but it was so bad I couldn't close my jaw for like a week. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

IME, ganja helps everything except fevers.

Good luck dude. And, I'm sure I'll throw off your animal saving when I go to wing night tomorrow. Fuck, I kill like 10 chickens just to eat there.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: drawde]
    #491979 - 10/26/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:

Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.

Evolutionary biologists. That's who.

The website has special interest written all over it too.  But I don't want to get into this debate either so, leave it at that.

In any case there will be a desire to switch to a vegan diet in the coming future. We can't support the growing population with convention methods of raising animals for meat.  They take up too many resources, unless of course we just start growing genetically growing steaks. 

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 07:13 PM)

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: THEBats]
    #491982 - 10/26/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have found what disease you have

--------------------

InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery

#491984 - 10/26/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

anemic

you need iron

gl to you

:peace:

Offline123
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: T-Rex]
    #491988 - 10/26/10 07:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Since it sounds like you're not being a vegetarian for moral reasons why not try to stomach some chicken noodle soup or something with a chicken broth?

Definitely don't go out and get a red meat as going from vegetarian to full on red meat usually causes stomach pains. Besides, I doubt you'd even want to.

Something very light with a small amount of chicken/broth would probably help in some way.

Whatever you choose make sure to drink plenty of fluids and to eat even if you're not hungry/thirsty. TAKE VITAMINS! If you can't drink a lot of water because of your throat I find that those fizzy things you can put in drinks are extremely helpful and relieve the pain temporarily.

Feel better man :thumbup:

Invisibledrawde
    #492070 - 10/26/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:

The website has special interest written all over it too.  But I don't want to get into this debate either so, leave it at that.

You don't want to get into the debate but come out with a loaded first sentence like that... oh man. Anyways, it does not really matter how we evolved to the point we did, large amounts of flesh or not, because the book I linked to is about a study that proves a plant-based diet is superior today. The website may hint to special interest, but thats marketing, and this mans credentials speak for themselves.

For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Campbell received his master's degree and Ph.D. from Cornell, and served as a Research Associate at MIT. He spent 10 years on the faculty of Virginia Tech's Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition before returning to the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell in 1975 where he presently holds his Endowed Chair (now Emeritus).

His principal scientific interests, which began with his graduate training in the late 1950s, has been on the effects of nutritional status on long term health, particularly on the cause of cancer. He has conducted original research both in laboratory experiments and in large-scale human studies; has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding, mostly from the National Institute of Health, and has served on several grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, lectured extensively, and has authored more than 300 research papers.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #492079 - 10/26/10 09:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:

well fucking said, all of it, but that part in particular.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492081 - 10/26/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:

You don't want to get into the debate but come out with a loaded first sentence like that... oh man. Anyways, it does not really matter how we evolved to the point we did, large amounts of flesh or not, because the book I linked to is about a study that proves a plant-based diet is superior today. The website may hint to special interest, but thats marketing, and this mans credentials speak for themselves.

For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Campbell received his master's degree and Ph.D. from Cornell, and served as a Research Associate at MIT. He spent 10 years on the faculty of Virginia Tech's Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition before returning to the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell in 1975 where he presently holds his Endowed Chair (now Emeritus).

His principal scientific interests, which began with his graduate training in the late 1950s, has been on the effects of nutritional status on long term health, particularly on the cause of cancer. He has conducted original research both in laboratory experiments and in large-scale human studies; has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding, mostly from the National Institute of Health, and has served on several grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, lectured extensively, and has authored more than 300 research papers.

The original statement was concerning whether or not we are DESIGNED to be vegetarians. Not whether or not a vegetarian diet can be maintained today.  It is not how we are designed.

Besides that there's plenty of contradictory research that finds the reduction in certain conditions consistent with a lean protein diet.  Of course too much red meat is unhealthy, but there's plenty of research that lean meats are of benefit to overall health.

Not to say you can't be a vegan/vegetarian and be healthy, but to suggest that by eating meat you're less healthy than those who don't, there's not enough evidence to conclude that as you claim and plenty of evidence to contradict such claims.

Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 09:32 PM)

Invisibledrawde
    #492091 - 10/26/10 09:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Read it again.

Quote:

This statement is clearly about more than just design, but that it is unhealthy. I set the facts straight (and they are clear), thats all.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492097 - 10/26/10 09:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is that the statement you chose to quote and respond to?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Invisibledrawde
    #492100 - 10/26/10 09:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yessir.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492103 - 10/26/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:

:huxleyfacepalm:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Invisibledrawde
    #492105 - 10/26/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Uhhh... the OP said he was sick and that he followed a vegetarian diet. That statement clearly implies the same thing with or without the second sentence.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#492110 - 10/26/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:dudewtf: is everyone talkig about:confused:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Offline123
Male

#492111 - 10/26/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Argue about early man's diet?
Start new thread.

Help OP?
Contribute to current thread.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492113 - 10/26/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Does that mean I was responding to that? I was setting clear that part of his statement is true.

And you were setting that you can be vegetarian and healthy.  But your further statements to suggest that you are less healthy by eating meat has been found false in numerous studies.  As I've said before, a balanced diet with meat and plants are what we, as omnivores, are DESIGNED to consume.

You assume that I am in anyway arguing what the OP was suggesting.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 09:46 PM)

Invisibledrawde
    #492118 - 10/26/10 09:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I really dont understand this anymore. The statement was that we are designed to consume flesh. I pointed out, a massive source of evidence to the contrary, from someone with impeccable credentials. Design and function go hand in hand do they not?

So far you have provided zero evidence by people with zero credentials.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Offline123
Male

#492126 - 10/26/10 10:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"We have evolved to be able to choose what we want to eat, and to have an intelligence to know about how to get nutrition either way."

Just leave it at that.
No matter how much evidence either side gets there is always going to be evidence to counter it. There are plenty of people with respectable degrees holding both views.

Edited by 123 (10/26/10 10:06 PM)

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492128 - 10/26/10 10:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I guess the problem is reading comprehension.

Quote:

drawde said:
Anyways, it does not really matter how we evolved to the point we did, large amounts of flesh or not, because the book I linked to is about a study that proves a plant-based diet is superior today.

Do you know what designed means?  Whether or not we can maintain a plant based diet today that is not how we evolved, not how we are designed.  We are omnivores, that is a fact you can't dispute.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10918988

I'm sure I can pull up more but something tells me it would be wasted, no?

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 10:06 PM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: 123]
    #492132 - 10/26/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah dude, just like plants need nitrogen from different sources, wee too need protiens from different sources.. Those include animal protiens.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#492133 - 10/26/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

lol. chill dude. :gethigh:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: King Koopa]
    #492134 - 10/26/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm chill.  Well somewhat.  I could sure use a joint.  Being out of bud sucks.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#492136 - 10/26/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Yeah dude, just like plants need nitrogen from different sources, wee too need protiens from different sources.. Those include animal protiens.

It's not to say that humans shouldn't eat vegetables, we should, but we also need to eat meat too.  Healthy for you or not, meat's good, and I'm fuckin eatin it.  I don't know how many vegetarians are on this site, but ya'll smoke weed too, which isn't necessarily healthy for you, not the worst thing, but not the best thing either, but ya'll just basically gave up one thing for another.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #492138 - 10/26/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sure smoking weed is the least of their worries, its all the other shit they're trying to make up for.

--------------------

Offline123
Male

#492139 - 10/26/10 10:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
ya'll smoke weed too

Woah..
Are you implying drug use takes place in the respective lives of people contributing to the forums of this website?
:um: :mad:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492141 - 10/26/10 10:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm: Certainly not, my good sir. :facepalm:

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

#492142 - 10/26/10 10:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

123 said:
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
ya'll smoke weed too

Woah..
Are you implying drug use takes place in the respective lives of people contributing to the forums of this website?

This looks like a case of reefer madness :kingcrankey:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Skatealex2]
    #492143 - 10/26/10 10:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hide da white women! The niggers are comin to rape them allllll!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#492145 - 10/26/10 10:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

123 said:
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
ya'll smoke weed too

Woah..

You're trying, I'll give you credit for that I guess.  It's entertaining to watch.

--------------------

Offline123
Male

#492147 - 10/26/10 10:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Quote:

123 said:
Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
ya'll smoke weed too

Woah..

You're trying, I'll give you credit for that I guess.  It's entertaining to watch.

If I were trying I'd be succeeding.
I'm just bored on my couch and I'd rather increase my post count here than on the Shroomery so I stay here.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492149 - 10/26/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hahah, there are very few that "succeed at the Growery, do you really think you can win at this shit?

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492152 - 10/26/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't worry, I'm just bustin' balls, I used to keep my shit talkin reserved to IRL but cult has been dead and I'm gettin' bored.

ps and now its dying in here, the insults are about to fly.

--------------------

Edited by DieselB (10/26/10 10:37 PM)

Offline123
Male

#492161 - 10/26/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Hahah, there are very few that "succeed at the Growery, do you really think you can win at this shit?

Hell yea.
Don't know what happens/how I'm going to but I am.
I can feel it pumping through my loins. :cool3:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492163 - 10/26/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You've got a loooong road ahead of you, theres some hardcore motherfuckers in here.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#492164 - 10/26/10 10:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So you just admitting to purposely trying to troll people and this forum in general.  You stupid fuck. :facepalm:

I smell Stoney's walking/ban stick somewhere.  He must be close by. :lol:

--------------------

Offline123
Male

#492167 - 10/26/10 10:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
So you just admitting to purposely trying to troll people and this forum in general.  You stupid fuck. :facepalm:

I smell Stoney's walking/ban stick somewhere.  He must be close by. :lol:

No.
I admit that I want to become an active part of this website as I used to be with the Shroomery before I got bored of it.

I troll when Anonymous.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#492168 - 10/26/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:zoidberg:

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #492279 - 10/27/10 07:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Do you know what designed means?  Whether or not we can maintain a plant based diet today that is not how we evolved, not how we are designed.  We are omnivores, that is a fact you can't dispute.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10918988

I'm sure I can pull up more but something tells me it would be wasted, no?

My premise was that design and function are related, and pointed out there is no lack of function in what I am arguing for.
Lets have a look at the definition:

Quote:

1de·sign verb \di-ˈzīn\
Definition of DESIGN
transitive verb
1: to create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan : devise, contrive
a : to conceive and plan out in the mind he designed the perfect crime
b : to have as a purpose : intend <she designed to excel in her studies
c : to devise for a specific function or end: a book designed primarily as a college textbook
archaic : to indicate with a distinctive mark,

Never once did I say we are not omnivores, and capable of consuming flesh, it is pretty obvious we can, and that done right it can be healthful. The original statement was that we are not designed to be vegetarians, not that we are designed to be omnivores, but that is clearly more than possible as well. Without design how can there be function?

People are still saying you need meat, yet I provided a link to a study conducted for 20 years by someone with (this is getting old), impeccible credentials, that proves otherwise...

The long and the short of it, it can be healthy to eat meat, it can be healthy to be a vegetarian, you do not need to be one or the other.

Over and out, for good this time I hope.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492299 - 10/27/10 09:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well of course design and function are related but just because one is capable of doing something doesn't mean that was it's intended purpose.  It's intended DESIGN. Tools can be multifaceted but the fact remains that a tool usually has a single intended purpose. Which is where this argument stems. No where did I say you need meat.  But the study you linked to suggested it is less healthy to do so, which is plain false and clearly a conflict of interest. 

In fact in a 1999 meta study, which combined the data of 5 separate studies from western countries, it reported that fish eaters have a lower mortality rate than that of vegetarians, with occasional meat eaters tied with vegetarians.  Vegans and regular meat eaters have the highest mortality rates.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/full/70/3/516S

The fact still remains it's only the world we live in today that can maintain a vegetarian diet.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (10/27/10 09:05 AM)

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #492378 - 10/27/10 01:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't like to get in the whole vegetarian debate... but I am just gonna put this out there. This is not a solid argument, it's just interesting.

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
          Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #492382 - 10/27/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

fuuuuuccck that.  I'm all for freeing yourself, but I'll be a slave to the delicious red meat till i die.  just like im sticking to my cannabis.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #492385 - 10/27/10 01:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
fuuuuuccck that.  I'm all for freeing yourself, but I'll be a slave to the delicious red meat till i die.  just like im sticking to my cannabis.

more power to you! :super:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#492388 - 10/27/10 01:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
I don't like to get in the whole vegetarian debate... but I am just gonna put this out there. This is not a solid argument, it's just interesting.

"Our task must be to free ourselves . . . by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty."
    "Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."

That's not an argument anyways.  Just philosophy.  Besides he's talking about sustaining human population in the future, to which I would agree unless we find a way to produce meat without the need for pasture and feed.

Einstein was a better physicist imo than a philosopher, but to each his own I guess.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (10/27/10 01:54 PM)

OfflineTina
Alcoholic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Middle America
    #492397 - 10/27/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I love love love meat. Red meat.

Adderall does give me headaches quite often.

Hope you feel better@

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Tina]
    #492405 - 10/27/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tina said:
I love love love meat.

:ilold:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#492410 - 10/27/10 02:30 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:

Okay so we should not eat plants or anything that was living for that matter.  You should try that diet. :thumbup:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Tangerines]
    #492415 - 10/27/10 02:50 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Quote:

FRACTALife said:

Okay so we should not eat plants or anything that was living for that matter.  You should try that diet. :thumbup:

A buddy of mine did. He died. Probably from the government poisoning his air. :hippie:

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#492417 - 10/27/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not to bring the argument back up again, as my points have nothing to do with diet, but I hear this kinda shit all the time, and its absurdity requires challenging:
Quote:

drawde said:
by someone with (this is getting old), impeccible credentials

By saying "this is getting old," you imply that people in this thread would agree with you despite everything else, if only they could realize that someone with real authority agrees with you.  This is a HUGE logical fallacy called "appeal to authority."  It's used way too commonly, usually by those who believe something, but don't understand it well enough to argue themselves.

Just because someone with credentials that you respect believes what you want to be true doesn't mean that it is true.  It may be more likely to be true, because the expert is (hopefully) very well informed, but the only judge of truth is evidence, regardless of the source.

Invisibledrawde
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: God]
    #492428 - 10/27/10 03:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

God said:
Not to bring the argument back up again, as my points have nothing to do with diet, but I hear this kinda shit all the time, and its absurdity requires challenging:
Quote:

drawde said:
by someone with (this is getting old), impeccible credentials

By saying "this is getting old," you imply that people in this thread would agree with you despite everything else, if only they could realize that someone with real authority agrees with you.  This is a HUGE logical fallacy called "appeal to authority."  It's used way too commonly, usually by those who believe something, but don't understand it well enough to argue themselves.

Just because someone with credentials that you respect believes what you want to be true doesn't mean that it is true.  It may be more likely to be true, because the expert is (hopefully) very well informed, but the only judge of truth is evidence, regardless of the source.

I dont want any particular thing to be true, only to seek out the truth. You are making an assumption about my character which you have no basis for (which I think is equally absurd), have I even said I believe in vegetarianism?

In regards to the credentials, they serve only to reinforce the evidence which is there, in a large quantity, in the source I listed.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

Edited by drawde (10/27/10 03:30 PM)

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#492429 - 10/27/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Excuse my presumption, that was more intended as a sort of "general 'you'," meant for all those who use these types of arguments.  I just kinda jumped on your throat because you were available while I was annoyed.

I understand that the credentials are there to strengthen your points.  I was mainly trying comment on the fact that your argument, and many others like it, seems to depend on the recognition that this dude is "better qualified" to make these judgments than us laypeople.  Aside from being a major fallacy, it makes even good discussions degrade to "he said, she said" bickering.  Better to present evidence as it is, without all the gilt.

Invisibledrawde
    #492430 - 10/27/10 03:37 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fair enough, and I am always looking to improve my argument, so thank you for pointing that out.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#492518 - 10/27/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Very respectable.  Do I sense a fellow skeptic?

Invisibledrawde
    #492528 - 10/27/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Skeptical? Always. Or am I?

I'll have to get back to you on that.

--------------------
King Koopa said:

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#492539 - 10/27/10 08:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:  :getstoned:

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
    #492548 - 10/27/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

EAT MEAT!

But yeah, I've been feelin like shit lately too. There's a plague runnin through my work. It's already passes through me. I got rid of it quick with the help of Dayquil / Nightquil and dro.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale