Home | Community | Message Board


RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 03/20/10
Posts: 6,835
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Last seen: 4 days, 6 hours
been kinda sick lately
    #491871 - 10/26/10 05:13 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

really bad ear ache and headache, with a little bit of soar throat and sinus pain. i went to a doctors appointment yesterday and they ruled out the stuff like ear infection and strep. anyway, since i am a vegetarian they think it's a diet problem. i get migraines, but not really sure if that's what is going on.
anyway, got an idea of what it might be?
will some :potleaf: help it?


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies


Registered: 05/06/08
Posts: 9,372
Loc: PNW
Last seen: 3 years, 6 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491878 - 10/26/10 05:21 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

AIDS


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Registered: 02/10/10
Posts: 1,156
Last seen: 1 year, 8 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491886 - 10/26/10 05:31 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

Weed will help alot of things, but if it's a dietary imbalance, no.


--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler


Registered: 10/22/09
Posts: 3,870
Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: DieselB]
    #491891 - 10/26/10 05:39 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

For real.

I mean, the animals already dead anyways. You're not saving shit, all you're really doing is harming yourself.

That's why I dislike the mentatility of most vegetarians(BTW, this isn't directed at you, so don't take offense to it)

It could be the adderall, as well.

When I was on that shit, I got headaches at least 3 times a week.


--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 03/20/10
Posts: 6,835
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Last seen: 4 days, 6 hours
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #491906 - 10/26/10 06:03 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
AIDS



Shit. Some quack told me I had that a while back. Figured if I ignore it long enough it'll just go away.



Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

Weed will help alot of things, but if it's a dietary imbalance, no.



There are a lot of good arguments on both side, vegetarians/vegan and meat eaters. It's just a choice I have for now.
Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
For real.

I mean, the animals already dead anyways. You're not saving shit, all you're really doing is harming yourself.

That's why I dislike the mentatility of most vegetarians(BTW, this isn't directed at you, so don't take offense to it)

It could be the adderall, as well.

When I was on that shit, I got headaches at least 3 times a week.



none taken. thanks for your input. :smile:


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShaggy420
Male


Registered: 07/06/10
Posts: 3,372
Last seen: 4 years, 9 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491907 - 10/26/10 06:04 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

what do vegeterians eat when they get killer munchies? coz i really dont think a bowl of musili or an assortment of fruit would satisfy me:lol:

i just like meat :shrug:


--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:


http://www.clear-uk.org/


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleltd
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: Curveball

Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 6,042
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491908 - 10/26/10 06:05 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
AIDS




Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler


Registered: 10/22/09
Posts: 3,870
Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: Shaggy420]
    #491910 - 10/26/10 06:07 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Man, you can take some shit.

All I gotta say.


--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledrawde
 Arcade Champion: Balloon Bomber

Registered: 11/15/09
Posts: 4,780
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: DieselB]
    #491927 - 10/26/10 06:56 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.





Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/


Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.


Edited by drawde (10/26/10 07:10 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male


Registered: 01/14/09
Posts: 11,628
Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Last seen: 1 month, 19 days
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491935 - 10/26/10 07:18 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

:sad: Feel better man~

Earaches are the worst fucking thing ever. I've only ever had one *knock on wood* but it was so bad I couldn't close my jaw for like a week. I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

IME, ganja helps everything except fevers.

Good luck dude. And, I'm sure I'll throw off your animal saving when I go to wing night tomorrow. Fuck, I kill like 10 chickens just to eat there.


--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 8,488
Last seen: 3 years, 5 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: drawde]
    #491979 - 10/26/10 09:07 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.





Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/


Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.




Evolutionary biologists. That's who.

The website has special interest written all over it too.  But I don't want to get into this debate either so, leave it at that.

In any case there will be a desire to switch to a vegan diet in the coming future. We can't support the growing population with convention methods of raising animals for meat.  They take up too many resources, unless of course we just start growing genetically growing steaks. 


--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:


Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 09:13 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery


Registered: 03/15/10
Posts: 4,920
Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: THEBats]
    #491982 - 10/26/10 09:12 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

I have found what disease you have


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBen18
Drunk Derelict
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Beach Bobbing Bob, Funky Pong, Spank the Monkey


Registered: 04/22/08
Posts: 3,189
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: FRACTALife]
    #491984 - 10/26/10 09:17 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

anemic

you need iron

gl to you

:peace:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline123
Male


Registered: 10/24/10
Posts: 77
Last seen: 2 years, 10 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: T-Rex]
    #491988 - 10/26/10 09:28 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Since it sounds like you're not being a vegetarian for moral reasons why not try to stomach some chicken noodle soup or something with a chicken broth?

Definitely don't go out and get a red meat as going from vegetarian to full on red meat usually causes stomach pains. Besides, I doubt you'd even want to.

Something very light with a small amount of chicken/broth would probably help in some way.


Whatever you choose make sure to drink plenty of fluids and to eat even if you're not hungry/thirsty. TAKE VITAMINS! If you can't drink a lot of water because of your throat I find that those fizzy things you can put in drinks are extremely helpful and relieve the pain temporarily.

Feel better man :thumbup:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledrawde
 Arcade Champion: Balloon Bomber

Registered: 11/15/09
Posts: 4,780
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: THEBats]
    #492070 - 10/26/10 11:17 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.





Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/


Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.




Evolutionary biologists. That's who.

The website has special interest written all over it too.  But I don't want to get into this debate either so, leave it at that.





You don't want to get into the debate but come out with a loaded first sentence like that... oh man. Anyways, it does not really matter how we evolved to the point we did, large amounts of flesh or not, because the book I linked to is about a study that proves a plant-based diet is superior today. The website may hint to special interest, but thats marketing, and this mans credentials speak for themselves.

For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Campbell received his master's degree and Ph.D. from Cornell, and served as a Research Associate at MIT. He spent 10 years on the faculty of Virginia Tech's Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition before returning to the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell in 1975 where he presently holds his Endowed Chair (now Emeritus).

His principal scientific interests, which began with his graduate training in the late 1950s, has been on the effects of nutritional status on long term health, particularly on the cause of cancer. He has conducted original research both in laboratory experiments and in large-scale human studies; has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding, mostly from the National Institute of Health, and has served on several grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, lectured extensively, and has authored more than 300 research papers.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery


Registered: 04/22/08
Posts: 13,834
Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: DieselB]
    #492079 - 10/26/10 11:23 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

Weed will help alot of things, but if it's a dietary imbalance, no.




well fucking said, all of it, but that part in particular.


--------------------



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 8,488
Last seen: 3 years, 5 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: drawde]
    #492081 - 10/26/10 11:24 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

THEBats said:
Quote:

drawde said:
Quote:

DieselB said:
Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.





Says who? The largest nutritional study conducted in human history doesn't seem to think so.

http://www.thechinastudy.com/


Fuck... I dont wanna start up one of those big debates that goes nowhere though... over and out.




Evolutionary biologists. That's who.

The website has special interest written all over it too.  But I don't want to get into this debate either so, leave it at that.





You don't want to get into the debate but come out with a loaded first sentence like that... oh man. Anyways, it does not really matter how we evolved to the point we did, large amounts of flesh or not, because the book I linked to is about a study that proves a plant-based diet is superior today. The website may hint to special interest, but thats marketing, and this mans credentials speak for themselves.

For more than 40 years, T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. has been at the forefront of nutrition research. His legacy, the China Study, is the most comprehensive study of health and nutrition ever conducted. Dr. Campbell is the Jacob Gould Schurman Professor Emeritus of Nutritional Biochemistry at Cornell University and Project Director of the China-Oxford-Cornell Diet and Health Project. The study was the culmination of a 20-year partnership of Cornell University, Oxford University and the Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine.

Dr. Campbell received his master's degree and Ph.D. from Cornell, and served as a Research Associate at MIT. He spent 10 years on the faculty of Virginia Tech's Department of Biochemistry and Nutrition before returning to the Division of Nutritional Sciences at Cornell in 1975 where he presently holds his Endowed Chair (now Emeritus).

His principal scientific interests, which began with his graduate training in the late 1950s, has been on the effects of nutritional status on long term health, particularly on the cause of cancer. He has conducted original research both in laboratory experiments and in large-scale human studies; has received more than 70 grant-years of peer-reviewed research funding, mostly from the National Institute of Health, and has served on several grant review panels of multiple funding agencies, lectured extensively, and has authored more than 300 research papers.





The original statement was concerning whether or not we are DESIGNED to be vegetarians. Not whether or not a vegetarian diet can be maintained today.  It is not how we are designed.

Besides that there's plenty of contradictory research that finds the reduction in certain conditions consistent with a lean protein diet.  Of course too much red meat is unhealthy, but there's plenty of research that lean meats are of benefit to overall health.

Not to say you can't be a vegan/vegetarian and be healthy, but to suggest that by eating meat you're less healthy than those who don't, there's not enough evidence to conclude that as you claim and plenty of evidence to contradict such claims.


Edited by THEBats (10/26/10 11:32 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledrawde
 Arcade Champion: Balloon Bomber

Registered: 11/15/09
Posts: 4,780
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: THEBats]
    #492091 - 10/26/10 11:30 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Read it again.

Quote:

Humans are NOT designed to be vegetarians, go eat a rib-eye, you'll thank me later.

Weed will help alot of things, but if it's a dietary imbalance, no.




This statement is clearly about more than just design, but that it is unhealthy. I set the facts straight (and they are clear), thats all.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male


Registered: 04/20/08
Posts: 8,488
Last seen: 3 years, 5 months
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: drawde]
    #492097 - 10/26/10 11:33 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Is that the statement you chose to quote and respond to?


--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledrawde
 Arcade Champion: Balloon Bomber

Registered: 11/15/09
Posts: 4,780
Re: been kinda sick lately [Re: THEBats]
    #492100 - 10/26/10 11:35 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Yessir.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales, pH Test Strips

Community >> The Smoke Lounge

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i am so fucking sick of today
( 1 2 3 all )
still beLIEve 3,608 43 11/20/08 10:41 PM
by still beLIEve
* i think i'm getting sick ltd 1,381 14 10/15/08 02:13 PM
by ltd
* I'm sick and tired of being banned due to accusations of me being a pedo.
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
kidaihuan 10,257 83 10/27/10 05:58 PM
by MFDoom666
* What kinda threads you like?
( 1 2 all )
b0b gnarley 3,327 35 09/02/08 11:16 PM
by jckmcgrth
* Hey Who Wants To Hook It Up With a Sick Ass Signature??! :D :D :D
( 1 2 all )
kickin-two-hundo 2,609 22 08/29/10 12:00 AM
by FRACTALife
* Sick day
( 1 2 all )
81renaissance 2,190 21 12/04/09 04:02 AM
by ASEgrower
* Sick New Ash Catcher :)
( 1 2 all )
NobodyImportant 2,434 21 12/05/09 10:42 AM
by elcharrosays
* smoking when you got a cold kinda sucks THEBats 847 13 09/29/10 11:16 AM
by Shaggy420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: FurrowedBrow, Harry_Ba11sach, Stoneth, Dr. Siekadellyk
6,236 topic views. 3 members, 153 guests and 332 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.085 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.