Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Growey, you still working out?
    #394508 - 04/02/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I remember a couple workout threads some months back. How many of you besides me are actually still working out? I'm thinking about making a journal to track my progress, has anyone else done this?

Would this be better to do on the boomeries health forum?

If I do it here does anyone else want to track their progress with me? I'm about to get ready for my pre 4/20 tolerance break, followed by another tolerance break for about a month.

At 150 lbs. (10 down from when I started, not eating the best yet though).

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #394511 - 04/02/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ive been lifting weights and doing situps / pullups / pushups and doing everything active I can lately and eating lots of fruits and veggies, Just been much more health conscious lately, but yes anyway you and me so far, who else is keeping up

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394521 - 04/02/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just started exercising again.

Lack of pot is making me go crazy so I need something to occupy my time.

I've also just spent the last month in the dentist chair getting my teeth all fixed.

I'm one sexy bastard so I decided to hit the weights yet again.

I love women so every little bit helps in my opinion. Plus, I have extremely high standards.. It's a curse.

I'm a firm believer in low weight high reps. I just started out with what I could lift 10 times.

Every day I added 5 reps until I could do 50. Then I raised the weight.

The main thing I try to avoid is man boobs. You know when you walk down the street and see some dude with giant boobs and wonder wtf he does that for.

I try not to exceed body weight. I just do more reps.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #394529 - 04/02/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a pic of me right now. I'm going to try to get ripped again in the next few months.

Plus, maybe a tan.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#394536 - 04/02/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
I just started exercising again.

Lack of pot is making me go crazy so I need something to occupy my time.

I've also just spent the last month in the dentist chair getting my teeth all fixed.

I'm one sexy bastard so I decided to hit the weights yet again.

I love women so every little bit helps in my opinion. Plus, I have extremely high standards.. It's a curse.

I'm a firm believer in low weight high reps. I just started out with what I could lift 10 times.

Every day I added 5 reps until I could do 50. Then I raised the weight.

The main thing I try to avoid is man boobs. You know when you walk down the street and see some dude with giant boobs and wonder wtf he does that for.

I try not to exceed body weight. I just do more reps.

I do a similar form of lifting. I just kept it from my wrestling days.

Plate workouts, you explode and do as many of a specific lift as you can do in a certain time (I do 20 seconds on a easy day, 30-40 on a hard depending on if it is before/after a break day.) and just do one lift after another. I use those plates that have the holes a long the edges for better grip with some lifts (hell some of the lifts I don't even know the names of).

The order I go is Curls (for the girls), A curl like lift. (plate behind head, curl the plate to above the head, squats,A row like lift (bend uper body to be even with ground, extend arms towards ground holding the plate and pull back up, and one idk even what it is called, (you start with your upper body turned towards on side, with the plate at your hip on the side you are facing, you then keep arms extended or slightly bent and lift it from that side to over your head, pivoting your upper body as you get it over the head, and bring it down to the other hip. (the last one is actually done with reps, not timed for me. I do 15 for each side, because I can really feel the burn with it.)

Lastly on days I am doing abs hard I use a smaller plate (5-10 lbs) placed on my chest with arms crossed over it, and do 25-50 sit-ups.

Every day i do at least 25 push ups, and 50 crunches.

For cardio I have cycling and running. 2-4 mile rides and 1-4 mile jogs. I only do 4 mile jogs on my really hard day.

I don't know how effective this is, but it is very similar to my workouts I had in high school (cross country, wrestling, and track). So I am sticking with what I know.

I also take a drink supplement called Jack3d (Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]), and Shizandrol A) I plan on getting some herbal supplements for heart health.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #394586 - 04/02/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hells yeah man...I'm still crankin the weights.

Dropped 20 pounds since new years. 10 more to go and I've reached my target weight.

Tweakin my diet helped me out the most. I eat 6 small meals a day mostly consisting of fruits  veggies and protein. I bought a food scale as well to weigh out the meat I eat....so I can be sure I am taking in the proper amts of protein to feed my muscles.

Anyone else workin out?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #394607 - 04/02/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I started lifting as part of my New Years Resolution

Stuck with it for about 2 months then couldnt afford to keep buying protein shakes all the time, so my diet went to shit

Im still working out now and ive managed to put on 15lbs in the new year. Went from about 5'10'' 135, up to about 150

Good luck with your goals

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Picklez]
    #394625 - 04/02/10 01:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I started lifting as part of my New Years Resolution

Stuck with it for about 2 months then couldnt afford to keep buying protein shakes all the time, so my diet went to shit

Im still working out now and ive managed to put on 15lbs in the new year. Went from about 5'10'' 135, up to about 150

Good luck with your goals

What protein shake did you use? I've been thinking about getting whey protein shakes, but I don't know how well they work.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Picklez]
    #394643 - 04/02/10 02:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

protein shakes are over rated imo. I still drink them, but more for convienience than anything. I pre cook my meats every 2-3 days...weigh'em up on the scale and put them in small baggies. It's much cheaper than buying a protein supplement.

good luck with your routine man. we're all gonna be a bunch of jacked stoners...lol

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#394648 - 04/02/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I know you weren't asking me, but this is what i used to take. Some would call it pricey, but ime you get what you pay for.

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394683 - 04/02/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out.

I know people who think everything needs to fall into place for them to work out.

These same people never get around to working out because they rely on certain circumstances and whens that's the case it's a recipe for disaster.

My motto is "don't think about it, do it stupid".

Just drop down and do 20 pushups. Don't think about it. Just fucking do it.

Any pushups is better than no pushups.

I've worked out so much I rely my body to tell me what I need.

When you feel pain from working out it consists of 2 unique pains. A hurt worn out pain and a sharp aching pain.

The dull pain means You need protein. The sharp pain means you need water to remove toxins in your muscles.

Hard to explain really but once you identify the pains its really easy after that.

Shakes make it easy. I have a method I use that alot of people think im nuts when I explain it but it makes perfect sence.

It's kind of like building a cake.

protein shakes are liquid and move through the body fast. Some people sip on them because i've seen studies that show you can only digest about 30g of protein an hour and you shit out the rest.

Thats why if you drink a 100g shake you shit a fucking brick.]

I make my cake.

First I make a fiber shake. Thats my filler. It creates a foundation for the rest of your supplements to rest on and mix into.

Drink a nice fiber shake in the morning and toss a multivit in there. that way the vitamin mixes with all the fiber in your tummy and makes like a simulated meal if that makes sence.

same with protein. fiber first then protein. You want the stuff to work slowly through your body.

Thats unless you like to shit bricks.

DRINK WATER!

it removes toxins.

Think of it like a sports car. Why do you want dual exhaust? the faster you get the bad stuff out the faster the good stuff can go in.

I can go on forever bout this shit so i'll just leave it at that.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #394687 - 04/02/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out.

I know people who think everything needs to fall into place for them to work out.

These same people never get around to working out because they rely on certain circumstances and whens that's the case it's a recipe for disaster.

My motto is "don't think about it, do it stupid".

Just drop down and do 20 pushups. Don't think about it. Just fucking do it.

Any pushups is better than no pushups.

I've worked out so much I rely my body to tell me what I need.

When you feel pain from working out it consists of 2 unique pains. A hurt worn out pain and a sharp aching pain.

The dull pain means You need protein. The sharp pain means you need water to remove toxins in your muscles.

Hard to explain really but once you identify the pains its really easy after that.

Shakes make it easy. I have a method I use that alot of people think im nuts when I explain it but it makes perfect sence.

It's kind of like building a cake.

protein shakes are liquid and move through the body fast. Some people sip on them because i've seen studies that show you can only digest about 30g of protein an hour and you shit out the rest.

Thats why if you drink a 100g shake you shit a fucking brick.]

I make my cake.

First I make a fiber shake. Thats my filler. It creates a foundation for the rest of your supplements to rest on and mix into.

Drink a nice fiber shake in the morning and toss a multivit in there. that way the vitamin mixes with all the fiber in your tummy and makes like a simulated meal if that makes sence.

same with protein. fiber first then protein. You want the stuff to work slowly through your body.

Thats unless you like to shit bricks.

DRINK WATER!

it removes toxins.

Think of it like a sports car. Why do you want dual exhaust? the faster you get the bad stuff out the faster the good stuff can go in.

I can go on forever bout this shit so i'll just leave it at that.

What fiber shake do you use?

Do use specific multivitamins?

I think I am going to takethis.

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #394695 - 04/02/10 04:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm getting back into a proper diet and getting back into shape.
More cardio work than I last time i tried.
But last time I tried was back in highschool when I just wanted muscle for aesthetic appeal.
:boxing:

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394699 - 04/02/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Over the years I used to like to have the max of everything.

when I was 18 i was taking 30 pills a day trying to get all my supplements.

As I get older, and perhaps lazier I have been trying to lessen the amount of pill I take.

Centrum performance when it came out was like a magic pill. I had all the aspects of a multivit with ginseng and ginkoba added.

Eventually they changed the ingredients without telling anyone and made it pretty much the same as the 4$ walmart equate brand.

As of now I do it as cheaply as possible. 4$ for 300pills of equate brand complete multivit.  Normally I was paying 20 bucks for 30 centrum performances. Now they have the same ingredents so its not worth it.

I also get the equate fiber. Cant beat walmart prices.

As for protein I get the 20 dollar 5 pound body fortress.

If you like spending tons of money for stuff then go for it but I get ripped off the cheap shit just as good.

Hmm lemme try to list off what I take when I'm going hardcore.

Multivit
ginkoba - mental clearity - focus
ginseng -energy
b12 or b50complex- energy
piacetam - mental clearity - focus
lecithin - mental clearity - focus
Focus factor - expensive but combines all the best mental substances.
creatine

Back in the day before the made ephedra illegal. It was the best workout drug ever.

Fat burners turn you into muscle making machines. If you want the strung out empty feeling. but they work. I can't remember the one I used last. Basically I went into GNC and asked for the best they had. They know their shit. Since new stuff comes out everyday.

Best was the old school ripped fuel with ephedrine.

Hmm lets see. I also like to take a pro-biotic such as colon health.

Once again I will stop here before I write a book.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Snurry]
    #394702 - 04/02/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Best cardio workout is speedbag and heavy bag. Also gets your abs ripped.

Basketball is also a great cardio.

From experience I notice jogging will burn you out.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #394703 - 04/02/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

DoPeYsMuRf said:
"Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out."

^^I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there. (maybe I am miss interpreting)

In my opinion and experience diet is everything when working out..whether you're bulking or cutting... without a good diet it is soo much harder for your body to deal with the stress of the workouts.

pulled this from muscle and fitness. I'm not an active member on the site, but i have taken a lot of great diet ideas and workout routines  from here.

"When it comes to building muscle, stripping fat and losing weight, what you eat is just as important how you train. Without the right diet to back up your training regime, you're limiting what you can achieve!"

check it

I am currently using their coconut shoulder routine and have been for the past 2-3 months and holy shit My neck is starting to disappear haha...

I suppose to each is own though.

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #394710 - 04/02/10 05:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What I meant was you dont need a good diet to work out. All I eat is tacos, frozen pizzas and spagetios.

And I work out.

If you think you need to eat well to work out thats one more vice to stop you.

Eating healthy is a roadblock.

Let me try to explain.

I eat all kind of shit and dont work out.

OR

I eat all kinds of shit and do work out.

Which is better?

People brain wash themselves into thinking the need to eat heathy to work out.

In the meantime they don't eat healthy so they wont workout because they think they need to.

Yah you may be limiting yourself but nowhere near as much as just sitting on the couch because every piece of the puzzle must be in place for you to even begin to work out.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394713 - 04/02/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The hardest part of working out is the motivation to start in the first place.

If you tell people you have to eat healthy to work out thats just one more thing to make them say "fuk it im gunna go watch tv."

Edited by DoPeYsMuRf (04/02/10 05:17 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#394721 - 04/02/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

gotcha.

I didn't really improve my diet until I hit a rugged plateau. As soon as i starting taking in the right amts of food (mostly protein) I blew through that plateau so fucking quick.

But you're talking more about the big picture and I totally see where you're coming from.

Best thing anyone can do is just go at it..and let everything else fall into place.

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
The hardest part of working out is the motivation to start in the first place.

QFT.  That is the  most difficult hurdle of them all. I am now a yr into it and I can't go a day without hittin the gym.

I turn into :kingcrankey:  when I'm not able to go. I'm so addicted at this point...don't thing I'll ever stop. It's too ingrained into my lifestyle. (in a good way though)

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394733 - 04/02/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It takes a very strong willed person to do what you do.

I used to be where you are and thought everyone else was weak.

But now that I'm having a hard time getting back into the lifestyle I realize it takes a strong person to do what you do.

Stick with it man. I envy you.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#394734 - 04/02/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
Basically I went into GNC and asked for the best they had. They know their shit. Since new stuff comes out everyday.

I went and got the shake posted earlier in thread. It's GNC's gold card week and my friend works there.

I didn't see ANY fiber shakes. Does GNC not carry them? Or are they just not directly saying SHAKE in bold letters?

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394736 - 04/02/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This is exactly what I get at walmart. I'm sure GNC has an equivalent. Marked up 300% of course. =)

Another reason I recommend the fiber and protein shakes is because It gets you to drink more water without thinking about it. Tricky I know. =)

Edited by DoPeYsMuRf (04/02/10 05:46 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#394738 - 04/02/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow thanks man.:biggrin:

I still have a long journey ahead, one day at a time though.

I keep reminding myself that I will be banging copious amts of hot bitches when I finally get to where i wanna be.

Plus there's always plenty of eye candy at the gym to remind me why I am there sweatin my balls off. haha

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
    #394756 - 04/02/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

i have been much more health conscious lately.

besides the stray cigarette (1-2 times a week) i dont smoke anymore. i eat a fruit/veggie shake every morning and night. been very conscious about what goes in my body.

i need to start exercise more though. i believe i am going to get a kettleball and try that out. im in this too!

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: still beLIEve]
    #394776 - 04/02/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I drank redbull every weekday for the past 4 years.  I stopped drinking it on 03/03.  I don't want to ever touch the stuff again.  I also stopped drinking soda last sunday.  I had one today though.  But i wont have another until next friday.  I've been drinking soda since I was a little kid too.  The one i drank at lunch was kinda nasty.  So I think i should be able to get cleaned off of it entirely.  It's something i have to do.  I also plan to start playing a lot of golf when it gets a bit warmer.  Good luck to everyone else!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #394781 - 04/02/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

same here man ^^ i was a redfull fanatic... still drink them now and then *had one today!!*

but as far as soda, not an issue for me anymore. im 100% content with only drinking smoothie/shakes (with fruits AND veggies), juice, water, and vitamin water. literally nothing else.

thinking about soda makes me kind of sick now.

--------------------
niteowl said:
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#394787 - 04/02/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I am hoping the same happens for me.  I would love nothing more than to be disgusted by the smell and taste of soda.  I will have to work up to the thought sickening me though.  that sounds like a pretty good liquid diet.  I would do all that and add milk, orange juice, and tea.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

#394801 - 04/02/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

still beLIEve said:
same here man ^^ i was a redfull fanatic... still drink them now and then *had one today!!*

but as far as soda, not an issue for me anymore. im 100% content with only drinking smoothie/shakes (with fruits AND veggies), juice, water, and vitamin water. literally nothing else.

dude you should put some pics and recipes of some smoothies in a thread. i got fruits but breakfast smoothies would kick ass

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Snurry]
    #395056 - 04/03/10 07:04 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

one of my favs...

1 cup skim milk,1 banana,handful of strawberries and one scoop of whey (vanilla flavored)

it's  :awetongue:

great meal replacement too!!

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #395066 - 04/03/10 08:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was a power lifter during high school, but my body couldn't take the punishment and still be able to work labor. IMO GNC for the most part is a rip off, stay away from crazy supplements like NO Xplode or whatever the new trend is these days. Hard work and eating lots of food containing protein throughout the day is the only way to build the body right.

Stick to your health goals growerites, anything is possible! :thumbup:

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #395142 - 04/03/10 09:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
I was a power lifter during high school, but my body couldn't take the punishment and still be able to work labor. IMO GNC for the most part is a rip off, stay away from crazy supplements like NO Xplode or whatever the new trend is these days. Hard work and eating lots of food containing protein throughout the day is the only way to build the body right.

Stick to your health goals growerites, anything is possible! :thumbup:

Sound advice right there :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Snurry]
    #395151 - 04/03/10 09:28 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Snurry said:
Quote:

still beLIEve said:

dude you should put some pics and recipes of some smoothies in a thread. i got fruits but breakfast smoothies would kick ass

right now im still experimenting with what i like.

often times the AM one i put a lot more veggies in, and the night time one is more fruity. i use v8 juice as the mixer (i dont use dairy to mix) and use veggies such as spinach, kale and carrots. as for fruits, i use bananas, mango, peaches, barries and strawberries mainly.

ill start making exact recipes of the good ones, but for now i just eyeball everything.

oh and i have some strong concentrated acai juice that i splash into them as well.

--------------------
niteowl said:

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#395162 - 04/03/10 09:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

V8 tastes too much like tomatoes IMO. I wish it had more fruit in it.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Triptonic]
    #395178 - 04/03/10 09:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

Isn't a tomato botanically a fruit?

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#395179 - 04/03/10 09:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

V8 fusion is pretty damn good....no tomato taste in that beverage...just fruity goodness and it still has an even amt of fruits'n veggies

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #395180 - 04/03/10 09:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, but it tastes more like a veggie IMO.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#395181 - 04/03/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Yes, but it tastes more like a veggie IMO.

(In the Culinary world it is treated as a veggie, I was just poking fun.)

I think some taste in it.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#395183 - 04/03/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

In the culinary world it is usually cooked, then I can deal with it.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#395185 - 04/03/10 10:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

I love tomatoes, I actually drink straight tomato juice.

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#395187 - 04/03/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

They are probably my least favorite thing to eat. Except in pasta or in something.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#395198 - 04/03/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
They are probably my least favorite thing to eat. Except in pasta or in something.

Yea, pasta I only like red sauce. Alfredo and white cheese sauce make me want to vomit when I smell them.

So I pretty much exclusively like tomatoes in pasta.

I love goulash, but not the kind that is normally shown on food shows. Just ground meat, shell pasta, and tomatoes. Every time I see goulash on TV I cringe, because I hate food that has a lot of different tastes in it (like the 10 different veggies I always see in it [EWWWW!]). I prefer simplicity.

Although pretty much the only veggies I like cooked are tomatoes and potatoes (separately of course).

I can deal with carrots and lettuce uncooked.

Oh and I love Sauerkraut.

--------------------

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

#395214 - 04/03/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:

i was talking about the fruit fusion kind, that has a full serving of fruits and veggies in every 8oz glass.

get with it

--------------------
niteowl said:

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Loc: i am everywhere and nowhe...
    #395295 - 04/03/10 02:15 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

same, also just slicing up a tomato and sprinkling a little salt on it makes a nice snack.

--------------------
ltd said:
fgts just don't understand

keep the shit

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Doitagain]
    #395392 - 04/03/10 05:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

same, also just slicing up a tomato and sprinkling a little salt on it makes a nice snack.

YES!

Sometimes I buy a can of crushed tomatoes, and just put them in a bowl. Covered with salt = :awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#396614 - 04/05/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just found out my bro bought some ephedrine tablets when he was in Arizona.

Apparently they aren't illegal in every state so that's pretty good news.

I took 25mg before my workout today and I was like superman. NOTHING compares to ephedrine when lifting weights.

I also just started my macaroni and cheese diet trying to get back my six pack.

A single box made with just skim milk and no butter fills me up and contains 2g of fat and 30g of protein.

Combine that with a couple protein shakes a day and I should be ripped in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.

It's gunna suck only eating mac and cheese but it serves the dual purpose of costing me only 60 cents a meal.

Being a broke college student sux balls.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#397851 - 04/07/10 06:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Good luck to you man!

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#405958 - 04/23/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

How goes the battle dopey?

Mine is going great. My new cutting routine is kick ass. My obliques are starting to show...hopefully my abs push out soon enough. In my 26 yrs I have NEVER had a 6pk so I'm pretty stoked. I'm gettin sooo close!

Just picked up some jacked 3d to try out for a pre workout supplement. I can't wait to try it...the reviews are great and I think it'll help me get the xtra reps in that I need to tone up. I will post my personal reviews Sunday or Monday.  Tomorrow is a break day...so just abs'n cardio.

I'm interested to see how things are going for you or anyone else!

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #406255 - 04/24/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
I remember a couple workout threads some months back. How many of you besides me are actually still working out? I'm thinking about making a journal to track my progress, has anyone else done this?

If I do it here does anyone else want to track their progress with me? I'm about to get ready for my pre 4/20 tolerance break, followed by another tolerance break for about a month.

I go through working out phases. When I'm not going for improvement and just want to maintain good health I go to the gym 2 maybe 3 times a week. When it's nice out and I like to leave the house more I go to the gym 5 times a week I usually keep a log of my lifts, weight, and diet during this time just to see how I'm progressing. When summer is over I go back to school and have less time to workout and eat less healthy.

I'm 6'3 245lbs currently, I usually go down to 210-220lbs by the end of summer but I'm not looking to lose weight just bit more fit. I primarily lift weights and get my cardio in biking during the summer usually do 40+ km a day.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: captain.koons]
    #406282 - 04/24/10 06:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

I go through working out phases. When I'm not going for improvement and just want to maintain good health I go to the gym 2 maybe 3 times a week. When it's nice out and I like to leave the house more I go to the gym 5 times a week I usually keep a log of my lifts, weight, and diet during this time just to see how I'm progressing. When summer is over I go back to school and have less time to workout and eat less healthy.

I'm 6'3 245lbs currently, I usually go down to 210-220lbs by the end of summer but I'm not looking to lose weight just bit more fit. I primarily lift weights and get my cardio in biking during the summer usually do 40+ km a day.

yeah i never really go to the gym, i go to festivals and parties to get my cardio.  I could give a shit about being big and don't need to lose any weight.  I have the type of body that responds really well to exercise when I actually do it.

I'm gonna start working out more though cause i've decided i need an outlet for the repressed sexual energy I have with the girl being in Oz and me not seeing her for another 2 months still.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Doitagain]
    #406291 - 04/24/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Do you considering going to a rave exercise?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#406301 - 04/24/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Have you ever danced non-stop for 5 hours?  that is most definitely exercise.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #406313 - 04/24/10 07:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I can do a bunch of meth and sweat off 10lbs in a night. I don't know if I'd call it excersize though sure you're getting your heart rate up and losing water weight but you'd lose weight too just doing meth and cleaning your house.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#406315 - 04/24/10 07:38 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i guess it depends on how broad your definition of exercise is.  I would consider dancing exercise with or without a drug.  I guess if you have ocd and have to walk up and down the stairs 5 times before you turn the lights off that'd be exercise.  but i just smoked some hash sooooo, im feeling pretty good.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #406316 - 04/24/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

im running low on hash

but I've got a bunch of trim that needs processing :awesome:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#406408 - 04/25/10 04:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Do you considering going to a rave exercise?

you ever been to a full-on psytrance or dark psytrance party? i don't play anything below 145 bpm unless its during the day and even then not  less than 140.  Dark psytrance ranges 150-160, which requires you to exert yourself more than any style of dance music.

this is a song i played in a set last month, i don't drop it until about :56 seconds into the track, before that is more or less build-up, but i keep peak energy like that shit throught my sets, with a few lulls just so the dancer can cactch their breath.

I think you would find that dancing to this kinda shit at a party that lasts up to 12 hours or a festie that lasts a few days is a hell of a workout.

In the week up to coachella i really pigged out cause my buddy from mexico city was in town and we were smoking more nug than i usually do these days.  Ate a whole bunch of junk food anlost ad got a little fat, lost all that weight and probably then some at coachella.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #406416 - 04/25/10 06:00 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Ive been lifting weights and doing situps / pullups / pushups and doing everything active I can lately and eating lots of fruits and veggies, Just been much more health conscious lately, but yes anyway you and me so far, who else is keeping up

I've been going to the gym for a long ass time now.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #406452 - 04/25/10 10:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I generally don't consider any setting where you're consuming alcohol or drugs to be working out as I compared it to doing meth and cleaning your house yet losing 10lbs overnight. I just don't think of it as working out.

I've been to a party and did a bunch of ecstasy and lost 10lbs overnight or over a weekend.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#406459 - 04/25/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

well you assume that all those people are on drugs.  I doubt everyone of them is.  Some people like that crap just for fun, without drugs.  I would have to assume, ive never been to one of those shindigs.  I watched requiem for a dream again last night.  That lady was taking uppers and she lost 25 pounds pretty quickly.  She lost her fucking mind in the process.  That was def. not exercise.  Its the same example as you just gave but that came to my mind just now.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#406482 - 04/25/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
well you assume that all those people are on drugs.  I doubt everyone of them is.  Some people like that crap just for fun, without drugs.  I would have to assume, ive never been to one of those shindigs.  I watched requiem for a dream again last night.  That lady was taking uppers and she lost 25 pounds pretty quickly.  She lost her fucking mind in the process.  That was def. not exercise.  Its the same example as you just gave but that came to my mind just now.

yeah dude i don't go to that shit and do drugs every time.  Coachella i danced for several hours all 3 days, and only one of those days did i take any drugs.  LSD on day 2 for bassnectar, but i still consider the dancing and physical activity I did on that day exercise. 

My heart right was definitely kept higher than it would have been if i was just tripping on acid and sitting around the house because i didn't stop moving the entire time. 

I've lost weight doing meth and cleaning my house but i also didn't consider that exercise because there was no cardio activity involved.  I consider dancing all day long at a festival exercise whether or not there are drugs involved.

And again, click the video i posted and fast forward to 0:56 when the song actually starts and tell me if dancing to that style of music for hours would not be serious cardio.

maybe when you rave coons you just like to walk around and chill and not dance as much as me, but I will lose weight when I go to a rave whether I take drugs or not because i'm the guy right in front of the speakers who never leaves the dance floor or stops moving.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Edited by Doitagain (04/25/10 01:00 PM)

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#406717 - 04/25/10 09:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
How goes the battle dopey?

I've been exercising off and on alot more since this thread was started and I'm slowly getting back into better shape.

I've lost about 10 pounds and getting the cut look again(185lbs).

The chickies definitely notice, cause I've uped the tang I get considerably in the past month.

That in itself is worth it, since I love pussy.

Something about a six-pack makes 18 year old sluts panties drop.

The good thing about 18 year old sluts is all their slut friends that fuck you cause their friend did.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#406820 - 04/26/10 09:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Haha I hear you man. I got this 18yr old chick that wants my shit sooo bad. She's always in the gym when I go. She "invited" me over. Her place to try out her p-90 x ab routine....I'll show her a good ab workout...lol.  Chicks that young are so god damn horny/energetic....I fucking love it.

Btw jack 3d is the shit. I fully reccomend the product. I was really able to get the most outta my workout without burning out towards the end. No crash at the end either...which is what most other products cause.  Shits dank!

Keep it up man.  Someone's gotta bang the hotties

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#406822 - 04/26/10 09:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Haha I hear you man. I got this 18yr old chick that wants my shit sooo bad. She's always in the gym when I go. She "invited" me over. Her place to try out her p-90 x ab routine....I'll show her a good ab workout...lol.  Chicks that young are so god damn horny/energetic....I fucking love it.

Btw jack 3d is the shit. I fully reccomend the product. I was really able to get the most outta my workout without burning out towards the end. No crash at the end either...which is what most other products cause.  Shits dank!

How many scoops of Jack3d do you use?

I do 2 before my 10 bike ride.

I don't even get tired, shits awesome.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#406832 - 04/26/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday was the first time I tried it. I took half to 3/4 of a scoop. I have a pretty high tolerance to stimulants, but I wanted to test the waters first. Today I'm going with 1 full scoop. I think that'll do me up just right.

Friends at the gym tell me that a tolerance is built very quickly...so after a month or two you gotta take a break from it. Everyone's different I suppose.

10 mile bike ride eh? That's a haul....what you ridin for a bike?

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#406837 - 04/26/10 10:34 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:

you only need a six-pac and to be super-cut to bang hotties if your game isn't already that good.   

Also you know you can't talk about no 18-year-old chicks on here without posting pics. :titsorgtfo:

Seriously this thread is massive fail without you guys just talking about how buff you're getting and the hot chicks it's brought you and failing to post pics.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#406840 - 04/26/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doitagain said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

yeah dude i don't go to that shit and do drugs every time.  Coachella i danced for several hours all 3 days, and only one of those days did i take any drugs.  LSD on day 2 for bassnectar, but i still consider the dancing and physical activity I did on that day exercise. 

My heart right was definitely kept higher than it would have been if i was just tripping on acid and sitting around the house because i didn't stop moving the entire time. 

I've lost weight doing meth and cleaning my house but i also didn't consider that exercise because there was no cardio activity involved.  I consider dancing all day long at a festival exercise whether or not there are drugs involved.

And again, click the video i posted and fast forward to 0:56 when the song actually starts and tell me if dancing to that style of music for hours would not be serious cardio.

maybe when you rave coons you just like to walk around and chill and not dance as much as me, but I will lose weight when I go to a rave whether I take drugs or not because i'm the guy right in front of the speakers who never leaves the dance floor or stops moving.

ehh coons i'd like to continue this discussion, do you still not recognize festivals as a legitmate form of cardio/exercise?  You don't have to be on drugs lol, but honestly the way i see it if you're doing cardio you're doing it whether you're on droogz or not.

and again,

watch that from 0:56 on, i don't go to raves i go to psytrance parties and that's a typical psytrance tempo, which you might see provides for some serious cardio.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#406843 - 04/26/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Yesterday was the first time I tried it. I took half to 3/4 of a scoop. I have a pretty high tolerance to stimulants, but I wanted to test the waters first. Today I'm going with 1 full scoop. I think that'll do me up just right.

Friends at the gym tell me that a tolerance is built very quickly...so after a month or two you gotta take a break from it. Everyone's different I suppose.

10 mile bike ride eh? That's a haul....what you ridin for a bike?

It is a "diamond back." It is about 10 years old, extremely light weight, and high geared. It also has a longer distance from seat to pedals to avoid Mid-range movement (My favorite part of the bike, because it keeps my legs from getting super sore).

Pretty much the best bike I have other rode other than the rusty chain.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#406962 - 04/26/10 01:18 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Lol....I'm workin on it. Don't be such a jew.

Shouldn't you be creating threads about tubtonic in the dome? Haha j/k

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #407061 - 04/26/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I realize that dancing raises your bpm which means you burn more calories.

However it's not a good way to build endurance as people who dance all night typically still get gassed rather easily. Endurance is also the best measure of cardio fitness. My one group of friends all go to raves/shows whatever you want to call them and dance all night yet none of them would be able to keep up with me even though I'm a lot bulkier than any of them. I went on a 70-75km bike ride with a bunch of them last year and most of them ended up meeting me at our destination 2hours after I had arrived.

Also when drugs or alcohol are consumed I don't really feel it's a workout because people just don't drink alcohol or do drugs while at the gym or training for whatever sport they part take in.

Your argument for dancing being cardio whether or not you're on drugs or drunk is also flawed in my eyes as I've had "fight clubs" when I was in highschool where me and my friends would smoke weed and drink and beat the crap out of each other. I've also competed in numerous martial arts tournaments without consuming drugs, alcohol, or junk food. How I see it is it's fairly hard to seriously consider the fight club scenario a workout as you're consuming far more calories than you burn and you don't have the mind set for improvement or training. It's sort of like comparing someone who walks for exercise and someone who walks around to drink a bunch of wine, stop around someplace for a burger, etc.

Sure though, I accept the fact that dancing generally speaking will raise your heart rate and is a form of cardio. I still don't accept dancing at a bar, at a rave, or party considerable exercise especially when drugs or alcohol are consumed. Most of my family dances professionally, my brother is training under my dad and my dad is a retired teacher of 30+ years so I think I have pretty valid points.

Another thing is free style dance and competitive dance drain you at different rates. My brother who is in great shape takes a nap after he has a hour or two long lesson at times.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#407064 - 04/26/10 03:33 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Also when drugs or alcohol are consumed I don't really feel it's a workout because people just don't drink alcohol or do drugs while at the gym or training for whatever sport they part take in.

Do you realize that pre-workout drinks are "drugs"?

--------------------

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#407067 - 04/26/10 03:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I realize that dancing raises your bpm which means you burn more calories.

However it's not a good way to build endurance as people who dance all night typically still get gassed rather easily. Endurance is also the best measure of cardio fitness. My one group of friends all go to raves/shows whatever you want to call them and dance all night yet none of them would be able to keep up with me even though I'm a lot bulkier than any of them. I went on a 70-75km bike ride with a bunch of them last year and most of them ended up meeting me at our destination 2hours after I had arrived.

Your argument for dancing being cardio whether or not you're on drugs or drunk is also flawed in my eyes as I've had "fight clubs" when I was in highschool where me and my friends would smoke weed and drink and beat the crap out of each other. I've also competed in numerous martial arts tournaments without consuming drugs, alcohol, or junk food. How I see it is it's fairly hard to seriously consider the fight club scenario a workout as you're consuming far more calories than you burn and you don't have the mind set for improvement or training. It's sort of like comparing someone who walks for exercise and someone who walks around to drink a bunch of wine, stop around someplace for a burger, etc.

Sure though, I accept the fact that dancing generally speaking will raise your heart rate and is a form of cardio. I still don't accept dancing at a bar, at a rave, or party considerable exercise especially when drugs or alcohol are consumed. Most of my family dances professionally, my brother is training under my dad and my dad is a retired teacher of 30+ years so I think I have pretty valid points.

Another thing is free style dance and competitive dance drain you at different rates. My brother who is in great shape takes a nap after he has a hour or two long lesson at times.

i'm talking about the bpm of the music not the heart-rate.  The bpm of this particular music, as well as other things about how it's written are what make it require more physical exertion than other styles and why it is also better cardio.  If you're not gong to listen than you can't adequately address what im saying.

Drugs or alcohol don't have to be consumed and no matter what stupid arguments you make it's still exercise and considerable exercise depending on the style of music.  PSYTRANCE.

I don't know your friends either but just cause they can't keep up with you on a bike trail doesn't mean you're in better cardiovascular shape necessarily.  I guarantee you couldn't keep up with me on the dance floor, and you would be winded faster than i was at a psytrance party.

Drugs or no i can dance all night and that kind of sustatined cardio for hours on end with very minor breaks is indeed a good form of exercise.  You really can't compare going to a rave or club to walking to a store to eat your burger.  It's just a silly comparison

Also you keep on bringing up the drugs or alcohol thing because you assume that every time somebody goes in dances at a rave that's what they are doing and you couldn't be further from the truth.  Not everyone consumes more calories than they lose when they go to a club.

I'm definitely not trying to say going to a club once a week is going to be enough exercise for a person, but you're a fool to say that it's not in fact a form of exercise.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Edited by Doitagain (04/26/10 03:45 PM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #407070 - 04/26/10 03:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

okay, illicit drugs then. It's fairly obvious the context used was drugs that fuck you up at a party.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#407076 - 04/26/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
okay, illicit drugs then. It's fairly obvious the context used was drugs that fuck you up at a party.

Ok, I just really don't like use of the connotation of Drugs: Illegal drugs.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #407119 - 04/26/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i'm talking about the bpm of the music not the heart-rate.  The bpm of this particular music, as well as other things about how it's written are what make it require more physical exertion than other styles and why it is also better cardio.  If you're not gong to listen than you can't adequately address what im saying.

I addressed the heart rate to acknowledge that dancing increases your heartrate and is a form of cardio. I know the speed of the music sets the pace of the dancing but ultimately your heart rate is effected which is what determines how many calories are burned. There's also more determining factors than heartrate for how much of a workout you're getting. For most activities anything with form is generally a lot more tiring than freestyle.

Drugs or alcohol don't have to be consumed and no matter what stupid arguments you make it's still exercise and considerable exercise depending on the style of music.  PSYTRANCE.

I don't know your friends either but just cause they can't keep up with you on a bike trail doesn't mean you're in better cardiovascular shape necessarily.  I guarantee you couldn't keep up with me on the dance floor, and you would be winded faster than i was at a psytrance party.

It's interesting you can guarantee such a thing haven't not met me or knowing if or how I dance. It was highway biking too, which is nothing more than cardio endurance, was 98% straight and flat highway.

Drugs or no i can dance all night and that kind of sustatined cardio for hours on end with very minor breaks is indeed a good form of exercise.  You really can't compare going to a rave or club to walking to a store to eat your burger.  It's just a silly comparison

I compared walking somewhere to eat a burger and walking somewhere as an analogy for going someplace to dance and going someplace to dance and get drunk.

Also you keep on bringing up the drugs or alcohol thing because you assume that every time somebody goes in dances at a rave that's what they are doing and you couldn't be further from the truth.  Not everyone consumes more calories than they lose when they go to a club.

Earlier you said you consider dancing exercise drunk and high or not and I didn't agree with you. I haven't said I don't think dancing is exercise as I indeed consider it to be so. I even mentioned my extremely fit brother being tired after his dance lessons.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#407124 - 04/26/10 04:53 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

depends what you're drunk on.  Beer no, a couple shots of vodka sure.  And if you're just smoking weed and dancing then yes its absolutely exercise you still have not provided a reason why the consumption of substances (excluding those with caloric content) is not exercise.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #407132 - 04/26/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Who the hell gets drunk off a couple of shots?

Earlier I explained that a mindset for focus/improvement is important to exercise which isn't possible when you're drunk, coked out, or whatever the case might be. It's still burning calories but I don't consider it exercise as you're not in a state to preform technically and improve. People don't go to the gym drunk or high as you don't have the same coordination, motivation to preform, etc. This is a personal opinion obviously I know dancing is popular at bars, clubs, raves, whatever the place may be. An example being me fighting with my friends drunk and me fighting in a tournament sober.

I posted earlier about the mindset and ability for improvement.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineDoitagain
Smoothie therapist
Male User Gallery

#407313 - 04/26/10 08:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Who the hell gets drunk off a couple of shots?

Earlier I explained that a mindset for focus/improvement is important to exercise which isn't possible when you're drunk, coked out, or whatever the case might be. It's still burning calories but I don't consider it exercise as you're not in a state to preform technically and improve. People don't go to the gym drunk or high as you don't have the same coordination, motivation to preform, etc. This is a personal opinion obviously I know dancing is popular at bars, clubs, raves, whatever the place may be. An example being me fighting with my friends drunk and me fighting in a tournament sober.

I posted earlier about the mindset and ability for improvement.

You have a close-minded view of what exercise is, when I played hockey i did it for love of the game not with some intent to exercise but that's still what it i was.  Exercise is whatever people do to improve their physical condition. Also plenty of bodybuilders do lift high as it makes it easier to push themselves, so again the argument that you can't have a mindset for focus improvement on drugs is faulty.

I get what you are saying about focus/improvement but that describes a work-out regime, for a work-out regime you have a constant mindset for focus and improvement but for exercise you do not.  I don't need a constant mindset for improvement when I go to a rave, I will dance for hours without stopping not because i am trying to work-out but because I enjoy it.

the thing with your fight club is i'm guessing the fights don't last that long so it's not keeping your heart rate up for an extended period of time like dancing at a rave for 3 hours straight.  And i'm not saying everyone who goes to a bar/club gets a solid workout, but the way I rave I definitely do.

I do see your points, but i think we just view exercise differently.  but yeah i guess I get where you're coming from.  We both just have different ideas of what a work-out is and goals to accomplish when we work-out.  You may be more into being bigger i'm not sure but i'm not going for that I just like to be toned and lean.  Dancing at festivals/raves/and sometime in my backyard for the soul purpose of doing cardio is one of the ways I accomplish my personal fitness goals.

One thing I do know for a fact is when I go to a psytrance party or festival I do get a solid work-out.

--------------------
ltd said:

keep the shit

Edited by Doitagain (04/26/10 08:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates