Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Growey, you still working out?
    #394508 - 04/02/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I remember a couple workout threads some months back. How many of you besides me are actually still working out? I'm thinking about making a journal to track my progress, has anyone else done this?

Would this be better to do on the boomeries health forum?

If I do it here does anyone else want to track their progress with me? I'm about to get ready for my pre 4/20 tolerance break, followed by another tolerance break for about a month.

At 150 lbs. (10 down from when I started, not eating the best yet though).

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #394511 - 04/02/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ive been lifting weights and doing situps / pullups / pushups and doing everything active I can lately and eating lots of fruits and veggies, Just been much more health conscious lately, but yes anyway you and me so far, who else is keeping up

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394521 - 04/02/10 11:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I just started exercising again.

Lack of pot is making me go crazy so I need something to occupy my time.

I've also just spent the last month in the dentist chair getting my teeth all fixed.

I'm one sexy bastard so I decided to hit the weights yet again.

I love women so every little bit helps in my opinion. Plus, I have extremely high standards.. It's a curse.

I'm a firm believer in low weight high reps. I just started out with what I could lift 10 times.

Every day I added 5 reps until I could do 50. Then I raised the weight.

The main thing I try to avoid is man boobs. You know when you walk down the street and see some dude with giant boobs and wonder wtf he does that for.

I try not to exceed body weight. I just do more reps.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #394529 - 04/02/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Here's a pic of me right now. I'm going to try to get ripped again in the next few months.

Plus, maybe a tan.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#394536 - 04/02/10 11:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
I just started exercising again.

Lack of pot is making me go crazy so I need something to occupy my time.

I've also just spent the last month in the dentist chair getting my teeth all fixed.

I'm one sexy bastard so I decided to hit the weights yet again.

I love women so every little bit helps in my opinion. Plus, I have extremely high standards.. It's a curse.

I'm a firm believer in low weight high reps. I just started out with what I could lift 10 times.

Every day I added 5 reps until I could do 50. Then I raised the weight.

The main thing I try to avoid is man boobs. You know when you walk down the street and see some dude with giant boobs and wonder wtf he does that for.

I try not to exceed body weight. I just do more reps.

I do a similar form of lifting. I just kept it from my wrestling days.

Plate workouts, you explode and do as many of a specific lift as you can do in a certain time (I do 20 seconds on a easy day, 30-40 on a hard depending on if it is before/after a break day.) and just do one lift after another. I use those plates that have the holes a long the edges for better grip with some lifts (hell some of the lifts I don't even know the names of).

The order I go is Curls (for the girls), A curl like lift. (plate behind head, curl the plate to above the head, squats,A row like lift (bend uper body to be even with ground, extend arms towards ground holding the plate and pull back up, and one idk even what it is called, (you start with your upper body turned towards on side, with the plate at your hip on the side you are facing, you then keep arms extended or slightly bent and lift it from that side to over your head, pivoting your upper body as you get it over the head, and bring it down to the other hip. (the last one is actually done with reps, not timed for me. I do 15 for each side, because I can really feel the burn with it.)

Lastly on days I am doing abs hard I use a smaller plate (5-10 lbs) placed on my chest with arms crossed over it, and do 25-50 sit-ups.

Every day i do at least 25 push ups, and 50 crunches.

For cardio I have cycling and running. 2-4 mile rides and 1-4 mile jogs. I only do 4 mile jogs on my really hard day.

I don't know how effective this is, but it is very similar to my workouts I had in high school (cross country, wrestling, and track). So I am sticking with what I know.

I also take a drink supplement called Jack3d (Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Caffeine, 1,3Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]), and Shizandrol A) I plan on getting some herbal supplements for heart health.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #394586 - 04/02/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hells yeah man...I'm still crankin the weights.

Dropped 20 pounds since new years. 10 more to go and I've reached my target weight.

Tweakin my diet helped me out the most. I eat 6 small meals a day mostly consisting of fruits  veggies and protein. I bought a food scale as well to weigh out the meat I eat....so I can be sure I am taking in the proper amts of protein to feed my muscles.

Anyone else workin out?

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #394607 - 04/02/10 01:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I started lifting as part of my New Years Resolution

Stuck with it for about 2 months then couldnt afford to keep buying protein shakes all the time, so my diet went to shit

Im still working out now and ive managed to put on 15lbs in the new year. Went from about 5'10'' 135, up to about 150

Good luck with your goals

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Picklez]
    #394625 - 04/02/10 01:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
I started lifting as part of my New Years Resolution

Stuck with it for about 2 months then couldnt afford to keep buying protein shakes all the time, so my diet went to shit

Im still working out now and ive managed to put on 15lbs in the new year. Went from about 5'10'' 135, up to about 150

Good luck with your goals

What protein shake did you use? I've been thinking about getting whey protein shakes, but I don't know how well they work.

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Picklez]
    #394643 - 04/02/10 02:31 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

protein shakes are over rated imo. I still drink them, but more for convienience than anything. I pre cook my meats every 2-3 days...weigh'em up on the scale and put them in small baggies. It's much cheaper than buying a protein supplement.

good luck with your routine man. we're all gonna be a bunch of jacked stoners...lol

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#394648 - 04/02/10 02:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I know you weren't asking me, but this is what i used to take. Some would call it pricey, but ime you get what you pay for.

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394683 - 04/02/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out.

I know people who think everything needs to fall into place for them to work out.

These same people never get around to working out because they rely on certain circumstances and whens that's the case it's a recipe for disaster.

My motto is "don't think about it, do it stupid".

Just drop down and do 20 pushups. Don't think about it. Just fucking do it.

Any pushups is better than no pushups.

I've worked out so much I rely my body to tell me what I need.

When you feel pain from working out it consists of 2 unique pains. A hurt worn out pain and a sharp aching pain.

The dull pain means You need protein. The sharp pain means you need water to remove toxins in your muscles.

Hard to explain really but once you identify the pains its really easy after that.

Shakes make it easy. I have a method I use that alot of people think im nuts when I explain it but it makes perfect sence.

It's kind of like building a cake.

protein shakes are liquid and move through the body fast. Some people sip on them because i've seen studies that show you can only digest about 30g of protein an hour and you shit out the rest.

Thats why if you drink a 100g shake you shit a fucking brick.]

I make my cake.

First I make a fiber shake. Thats my filler. It creates a foundation for the rest of your supplements to rest on and mix into.

Drink a nice fiber shake in the morning and toss a multivit in there. that way the vitamin mixes with all the fiber in your tummy and makes like a simulated meal if that makes sence.

same with protein. fiber first then protein. You want the stuff to work slowly through your body.

Thats unless you like to shit bricks.

DRINK WATER!

it removes toxins.

Think of it like a sports car. Why do you want dual exhaust? the faster you get the bad stuff out the faster the good stuff can go in.

I can go on forever bout this shit so i'll just leave it at that.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #394687 - 04/02/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out.

I know people who think everything needs to fall into place for them to work out.

These same people never get around to working out because they rely on certain circumstances and whens that's the case it's a recipe for disaster.

My motto is "don't think about it, do it stupid".

Just drop down and do 20 pushups. Don't think about it. Just fucking do it.

Any pushups is better than no pushups.

I've worked out so much I rely my body to tell me what I need.

When you feel pain from working out it consists of 2 unique pains. A hurt worn out pain and a sharp aching pain.

The dull pain means You need protein. The sharp pain means you need water to remove toxins in your muscles.

Hard to explain really but once you identify the pains its really easy after that.

Shakes make it easy. I have a method I use that alot of people think im nuts when I explain it but it makes perfect sence.

It's kind of like building a cake.

protein shakes are liquid and move through the body fast. Some people sip on them because i've seen studies that show you can only digest about 30g of protein an hour and you shit out the rest.

Thats why if you drink a 100g shake you shit a fucking brick.]

I make my cake.

First I make a fiber shake. Thats my filler. It creates a foundation for the rest of your supplements to rest on and mix into.

Drink a nice fiber shake in the morning and toss a multivit in there. that way the vitamin mixes with all the fiber in your tummy and makes like a simulated meal if that makes sence.

same with protein. fiber first then protein. You want the stuff to work slowly through your body.

Thats unless you like to shit bricks.

DRINK WATER!

it removes toxins.

Think of it like a sports car. Why do you want dual exhaust? the faster you get the bad stuff out the faster the good stuff can go in.

I can go on forever bout this shit so i'll just leave it at that.

What fiber shake do you use?

Do use specific multivitamins?

I think I am going to takethis.

--------------------

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #394695 - 04/02/10 04:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm getting back into a proper diet and getting back into shape.
More cardio work than I last time i tried.
But last time I tried was back in highschool when I just wanted muscle for aesthetic appeal.
:boxing:

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394699 - 04/02/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Over the years I used to like to have the max of everything.

when I was 18 i was taking 30 pills a day trying to get all my supplements.

As I get older, and perhaps lazier I have been trying to lessen the amount of pill I take.

Centrum performance when it came out was like a magic pill. I had all the aspects of a multivit with ginseng and ginkoba added.

Eventually they changed the ingredients without telling anyone and made it pretty much the same as the 4$ walmart equate brand.

As of now I do it as cheaply as possible. 4$ for 300pills of equate brand complete multivit.  Normally I was paying 20 bucks for 30 centrum performances. Now they have the same ingredents so its not worth it.

I also get the equate fiber. Cant beat walmart prices.

As for protein I get the 20 dollar 5 pound body fortress.

If you like spending tons of money for stuff then go for it but I get ripped off the cheap shit just as good.

Hmm lemme try to list off what I take when I'm going hardcore.

Multivit
ginkoba - mental clearity - focus
ginseng -energy
b12 or b50complex- energy
piacetam - mental clearity - focus
lecithin - mental clearity - focus
Focus factor - expensive but combines all the best mental substances.
creatine

Back in the day before the made ephedra illegal. It was the best workout drug ever.

Fat burners turn you into muscle making machines. If you want the strung out empty feeling. but they work. I can't remember the one I used last. Basically I went into GNC and asked for the best they had. They know their shit. Since new stuff comes out everyday.

Best was the old school ripped fuel with ephedrine.

Hmm lets see. I also like to take a pro-biotic such as colon health.

Once again I will stop here before I write a book.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growey, you still working out? [Re: Snurry]
    #394702 - 04/02/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Best cardio workout is speedbag and heavy bag. Also gets your abs ripped.

Basketball is also a great cardio.

From experience I notice jogging will burn you out.

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #394703 - 04/02/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

DoPeYsMuRf said:
"Diet helps in some situation but I don't think you need to have a good diet to work out."

^^I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you there. (maybe I am miss interpreting)

In my opinion and experience diet is everything when working out..whether you're bulking or cutting... without a good diet it is soo much harder for your body to deal with the stress of the workouts.

pulled this from muscle and fitness. I'm not an active member on the site, but i have taken a lot of great diet ideas and workout routines  from here.

"When it comes to building muscle, stripping fat and losing weight, what you eat is just as important how you train. Without the right diet to back up your training regime, you're limiting what you can achieve!"

check it

I am currently using their coconut shoulder routine and have been for the past 2-3 months and holy shit My neck is starting to disappear haha...

I suppose to each is own though.

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #394710 - 04/02/10 05:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

What I meant was you dont need a good diet to work out. All I eat is tacos, frozen pizzas and spagetios.

And I work out.

If you think you need to eat well to work out thats one more vice to stop you.

Eating healthy is a roadblock.

Let me try to explain.

I eat all kind of shit and dont work out.

OR

I eat all kinds of shit and do work out.

Which is better?

People brain wash themselves into thinking the need to eat heathy to work out.

In the meantime they don't eat healthy so they wont workout because they think they need to.

Yah you may be limiting yourself but nowhere near as much as just sitting on the couch because every piece of the puzzle must be in place for you to even begin to work out.

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#394713 - 04/02/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The hardest part of working out is the motivation to start in the first place.

If you tell people you have to eat healthy to work out thats just one more thing to make them say "fuk it im gunna go watch tv."

Edited by DoPeYsMuRf (04/02/10 05:17 PM)

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

#394721 - 04/02/10 05:25 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

gotcha.

I didn't really improve my diet until I hit a rugged plateau. As soon as i starting taking in the right amts of food (mostly protein) I blew through that plateau so fucking quick.

But you're talking more about the big picture and I totally see where you're coming from.

Best thing anyone can do is just go at it..and let everything else fall into place.

Quote:

DoPeYsMuRf said:
The hardest part of working out is the motivation to start in the first place.

QFT.  That is the  most difficult hurdle of them all. I am now a yr into it and I can't go a day without hittin the gym.

I turn into :kingcrankey:  when I'm not able to go. I'm so addicted at this point...don't thing I'll ever stop. It's too ingrained into my lifestyle. (in a good way though)

--------------------

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Growery, you still working out? [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #394733 - 04/02/10 05:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It takes a very strong willed person to do what you do.

I used to be where you are and thought everyone else was weak.

But now that I'm having a hard time getting back into the lifestyle I realize it takes a strong person to do what you do.

Stick with it man. I envy you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom