Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Albert Einstein
    #463132 - 08/18/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I fucking love the guy.

I don't like it that people just go "No duh, Einstein" or things like that but none of these people have any idea what Einstein was all about.  :doublefu:

He was a high school drop out, a visionary, a beautiful thinker. He was an outcast, a mystic, a skeptic, a realist, a dreamer, an artist, a physicist, a genius, a maniac!
  :whoo: 

Bill Hicks and him would have hit it off.

His son was schizophrenic.

I wonder what Einstein would have discovered if he did DMT...  :strokebeard:

He always reminds me of what is important in life....

I think Einstein had a excess amount of DMT in his brain or possibly consumed magical mushrooms before on accident.

I know these are a lot of quotes, but well worth the read. Get stoned if you have to in order to read it!
:getstoned:

Einstein Quotes:

The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent or absorbing positive knowledge.

Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.

The tragedy of life is what dies inside a man while he lives.

A photograph never grows old. You and I change, people change all through the months and years but a photograph always remains the same. How nice to look at a photograph of mother or father taken many years ago. You see them as you remember them. But as people live on, they change completely. That is why I think a photograph can be kind.

I am absolutely convinced that no wealth in the world can help humanity forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker in this cause. The example of great and pure personages is the only thing that can lead us to find ideas and noble deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and always irresistibly tempts its owner to abuse it. Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus or Gandhi with the moneybags of Carnegie?

Human beings can attain a worthy and harmonious life only if they are able to rid themselves, within the limits of human nature, of the striving for the wish fulfillment of material kinds. The goal is to raise the spiritual values of society.

I admit thoughts influence the body.

I am content in my later years. I have kept my good humor and take neither myself nor the next person seriously.

I believe that the horrifying deterioration in the ethical conduct of people today stems from the mechanization and dehumanization of our lives - the disastrous by-product of the scientific and technical mentality. Nostra culpa. Man grows cold faster than the planet he inhabits

After a certain high level of technical skill is achieved, science and art tend to coalesce in esthetics, plasticity, and form. The greatest scientists are always artists as well.

You cannot love a car the way you love a horse. The horse brings out human feelings the way machines cannot do. Things like machines may develop or neglect certain things in people ... Machines make our life impersonal and stultify certain elements in us and create an impersonal environment.

Everything is determined by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust - we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.

Everything is determined by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust - we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.

It is characteristic of the military mentality that nonhuman factors (atom bombs, strategic bases, weapons of all sorts, the possession of raw materials, etc) are held essential, while the human being, his desires, and thoughts - in short, the psychological factors - are considered as unimportant and secondary...The individual is degraded...to "human materiel.

To my mind, to kill in war is not a whit better than to commit ordinary murder.

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind.

Nationalism, on my opinion, is nothing more than an idealistic rationalization for militarism and aggression.

The most precious things in life are not those one gets for money.

He who cherishes the values of culture cannot fail to be a pacifist.

The conscientious objector is a revolutionary. On deciding to disobey the law he sacrifices his personal interests to the most important cause of working for the betterment of society.

My pacificism is an instinctive feeling, a feeling that possesses me because the murder of people is disgusting. My attitude is not derived from any intellectual theory but is based on my deepest antipathy to every kind of cruelty and hatred.

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.

The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful. Life is sacred, that is to say, it is the supreme value, to which all other values are subordinate.

The aim (of education) must be the training of independently acting and thinking individuals who, however, can see in the service to the community their highest life achievement.

Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift and not as a hard duty.

In the teaching of geography and history a sympathetic understanding (should) be fostered for the characteristics of the different peoples of the world, especially for those who we are in the habit of describing as "primitive.

It is better for people to be like the beasts...they should be more intuitive; they should not be too conscious of what they are doing while they are doing it.

Too many of us look upon Americans as dollar chasers. This is a cruel libel, even if it is reiterated thoughtlessly by the Americans themselves.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!

No, this trick won't work...How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.

Yes, we have to divide up our time like that, between our politics and our equations. But to me our equations are far more important, for politics are only a matter of present concern. A mathematical equation stands forever.

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Most teachers waste their time by asking questions which are intended to discover what a pupil does not know, whereas the true art of questioning has for its purpose to discover what the pupil knows or is capable of knowing.

Never regard your study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs.

Humiliation and mental oppression by ignorant and selfish teachers wreak havoc in the youthful mind that can never be undone and often exert a baleful influence in later life.

The best of the quotes are still to come, I will add them in a post later.

:einstein:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Albert Einstein [Re: FRACTALife]
    #463135 - 08/18/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, Einstein's a cool guy. Expands the universe and doesn't afraid of anything

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#463137 - 08/18/10 07:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

He was a genius. I got mad respect for that dude.
He married his cousin or something though.
You should think about making a person of the month, you havethreads over this guy and bill hicks already :awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Albert Einstein [Re: iStoner]
    #463153 - 08/18/10 08:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

He was a high school drop out, a visionary, a beautiful thinker. He was an outcast, a mystic, a skeptic, a realist, a dreamer, an artist, a physicist, a genius, a maniac!

You just described my high schools class of 06

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Albert Einstein [Re: T-Rex]
    #463187 - 08/18/10 08:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

You just described my high schools class of 06

:ilold:

Quote:

iStoner said:
He was a genius. I got mad respect for that dude.
He married his cousin or something though.
You should think about making a person of the month, you havethreads over this guy and bill hicks already :awehigh:

Good idea.

In this day and age Einstein would totally be a member of growery.

Quote:

T-Rex said:
Yea, Einstein's a cool guy. Expands the universe and doesn't afraid of anything

Yes, I love this quote.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

See this is very funny now a days even more, because we know the universe isn't infinite
It is going to keep expanding until it just expands into inevitable nothingness. Is that infinite? Depends on your definition.

If we are the only universe with Time and Space and there are no other universes with the same law of physics or at all.

But if time and space exists only in this universe and time ends with the universe than technically the universe is infinite because when the universe dies and time dies.

Also, human stupidity is definitely infinite. But human stupidity the universe, because it is a part of the universe.

So..... yeah.

:awehigh:

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Albert Einstein [Re: iStoner]
    #463196 - 08/18/10 09:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:eek:
I never knew Einstein said this.

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

:awebig:

...one of the strongest motives that lead men to art and science is escape from everyday life with its painful crudity and hopeless dreariness, from the fetters of one's own ever-shifting desires. A finely tempered nature longs to escape from the personal life into the world of objective perception and thought.

More later but I had to add these last ones.

There are two ways to live your life - one is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle.

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me.

That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.

--------------------

OfflineA Girl
8 days a week
Female

#463202 - 08/18/10 09:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

he also said "one who has never made a mistake never tried anything new" :yesnod:

--------------------
I'm rad...You're rad....lets hug! :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale