Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

Re: any of you believe in god? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #457904 - 08/10/10 06:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Dude I dont know why you have such a bad attitude towards me, I even admitted to being wrong. I'm trying to let it go.....Lets move on.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #457907 - 08/10/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's funny to me that you were making the arguments you were in the page prior, yet have never heard about ID.  You also just described the agnostic beliefs.  I have no problem admitting to my gaps in knowledge.  This is the biggest gap in knowledge that anyone can have.  Yet people so adamantly believe in the craziest shit to fill that void.  Rather than just saying, "idk what the fuck this world is all about, but it's fucking awesome!"  I'd rather live my life to the latter philosophy.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: any of you believe in god? [Re: Mr. Kite]
    #457908 - 08/10/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

because I'm about 99% sure you live in Iowa and love pizza

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#457910 - 08/10/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you should edit that HB.  and please let's keep this on topic guys.  it's an interesting one i think.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #457916 - 08/10/10 06:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
People who argue for it don't understand the concept of scientific theory. 

I dont know about that. I dont see how one should cancel the other
out. Why can there not be both? I mean are we not trying to find the
answers to that now??

Like our bodies and planets and stars are made up of infinitely
small particles. We know what the particles are and everything but
we still do not know why they are clumped together and how.

I just think they are interrelated sometimes. Interrelated might not be
the word im looking for but whatever.

InvisibleMr. Kite
For The Benefit.
Male

#457918 - 08/10/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
because I'm about 99% sure you live in Iowa and love pizza

I do love pizza, especially pepperoni but I dont live in Iowa. Close to Iowa though. We have MM here, and I dont believe Iowa does.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #457919 - 08/10/10 06:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Let me rephrase it then.  People that use the argument that evolution is only a theory and not some absolute, don't understand the concept of scientific theory.  Those particles you just described also contain infinite universes but that's another thread.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#457922 - 08/10/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Those particles you just described also contain infinite universes but that's another thread.

and a bout what you said earlier FB, i wish people would accept the fact they have no idea whats going on. Ive always thought that i have no idea, even though ive always had theories about what could be going on in the universe.

--------------------

Edited by iStoner (08/10/10 06:33 PM)

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
    #457924 - 08/10/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Let me rephrase it then.  People that use the argument that evolution is only a theory and not some absolute, don't understand the concept of scientific theory.  Those particles you just described also contain infinite universes but that's another thread.

Right, and yes another thread indeed. A mind blowing thread at that

:aweoverdose:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: iStoner]
    #457926 - 08/10/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

link?

--------------------

Edited by iStoner (08/10/10 06:34 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#457929 - 08/10/10 06:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
link?

Hmmmm, there are a few of them here and a few at the shroomery.  One of them was in the smoke lounge and fairly recently.  I'll see if i can find it.  if not i'll just post it again using different words.

Edit:

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/346618#346618

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Na, you've got a bunch too i see. 

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I really feel as if there are an infinite number of realities out there (in the cosmos and in the quantum).  Somewhere there is a plant where coaster is the leader of the world.  In that world the people live with dinosaurs that never went extinct.  Everything that can happen is happening or will happen or has happened.  and we are all one.  I like to take this kind of dimensional thinking as it can really free your mind to think outside the box.  that's what its all about imo.

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

still beLIEve said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I made several connections that reaffirmed a belief i have.  I'll talk about that later.

please explain

"We know that we are all one. We are unimaginably complex carbon based life forms that have evolved all the way from single cell organisms over billions of years. I don't consider that to be debatable. I think that at the heart of my beliefs is the concept of the infinite. I will never believe anyone who tells me they understand this concept. Without going into too much detail the idea is this - everything is infinite. Our current technology only lets us see an unbelievably small fraction of what exists.  We (or at least the media) tends to focus on outer space as being the most wondrous aspect of reality. Why is this? Probably because it's something we see every night as we look up at the stars. What if we looked down into ourselves, into the atoms of ourselves and see the same wondrous sights - the infinite. I think that infinity goes both ways - large and small. We only perceive things that are relative to our own size.  It's hard to imagine an entire universe inside of a single atom, especially since none of us really know how small an atom is. This also has to do with time. Time is a function of size. Obviously for the people that exist inside the Earth of the universe inside of an atom their time would flow the same to them as it does for us. But the more and more I learn about string theory and M theory this is what I have come to believe. The goal of physics is to unveil a unifying theory of everything (as i understand it). One theory that tells us everything about existence.

OK, so imagine that every atom in the Universe contains an infinite number of universes within itself, with an infinite number of earths that have all unfolded in different ways. That would imply that there are an infinite number of parallel dimensions that exist all around us. So, imagine a world were dinosaurs and people have learned to coexist. Or a world where the person you hate most is President and ruler of the entire unified Earth. Or even a reality where humans have discovered how to travel through time. I think that this kind of world view really frees up the mind to think creatively. I will admit that it's kind of out there stuff and I am far from firm in this belief as i myself have developed nothing to back any of this up. I'm open to all criticism and ideas to further this understanding. Let's engage."

That was a rant I went on a while back on another site.  That was my belief then and now.  The mandelbrot set shows that this is true, somewhat.  Each level of the set is a different dimension (maybe there's a better word).  It's all dependent upon the size of the observer.  Watch those videos with that kind of a reality in mind.

theres a couple for the OP.

Fractals!

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/453545#453545

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/420602#420602

https://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/332492#332492

want more?  :lol: 

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #457989 - 08/10/10 08:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Einstein and I share the same view on god. I decided my view and then I found that it was a belief that Einstein held called Spinoza's God.

Quote:

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

“The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. He who knows it not and can no longer wonder, no longer feel amazement, is as good as dead, a snuffed-out candle. It was the experience of mystery — even if mixed with fear — that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms-it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious in ourselves. An individual who should survive his physical death is also beyond my comprehension, nor do I wish it otherwise; such notions are for the fears or absurd egoism of feeble souls. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvellous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavour to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature.”

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I feel also not able to imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere. My views are near those of Spinoza: admiration for the beauty of and belief in the logical simplicity of the order which we can grasp humbly and only imperfectly. I believe that we have to content ourselves with our imperfect knowledge and understanding and treat values and moral obligations as a purely human problem—the most important of all human problems.”

“I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation. I cannot do this in spite of the fact that mechanistic causality has, to a certain extent, been placed in doubt by modern science. [He was speaking of Quantum Mechanics and the breaking down of determinism.] My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance — but for us, not for God.”

“The finest emotion of which we are capable is the mystic emotion. Herein lies the germ of all art and all true science. Anyone to whom this feeling is alien, who is no longer capable of wonderment and lives in a state of fear is a dead man. To know that what is impenatrable for us really exists and manifests itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, whose gross forms alone are intelligible to our poor faculties – this knowledge, this feeling … that is the core of the true religious sentiment. In this sense, and in this sense alone, I rank myself amoung profoundly religious men.”

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings." Upon being asked if he believed in God by Rabbi Herbert Goldstein of the Institutional Synagogue, New York, April 24, 1921, Einstein: The Life and Times, Ronald W. Clark, Page 502.

Except I believe that one of the most best ways to experience "god" and the harmony of nature is through certain drugs. :feelsgoodman:

--------------------

Offlinederelict
Nyarlathotep
Male User Gallery

Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #458124 - 08/11/10 01:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.'

H.P. Lovecraft.

--------------------
When I perceive a tree, I would no longer be conscious of the tree; I would literally be
the tree.

The man who masters himself is delivered from the force that binds all creatures. GOETHE

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: derelict]
    #458129 - 08/11/10 01:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

derelict said:
'The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.'

H.P. Lovecraft.

Very deep

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: Kilroy]
    #458142 - 08/11/10 06:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I will admit I do beleive in some form of divinity honestly.

You can't prove it wrong, you can't prove it right. You just have faith in it.

Mostly I'd probably relate to agnosticism though. I accept the fact that I won't know the truth about the divine until I do, and I'm not exactly in a hurry.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #458148 - 08/11/10 08:06 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
I will admit I do beleive in some form of divinity honestly.

You can't prove it wrong, you can't prove it right. You just have faith in it.

Mostly I'd probably relate to agnosticism though. I accept the fact that I won't know the truth about the divine until I do, and I'm not exactly in a hurry.

I can respect that

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #458194 - 08/11/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

derelict said:

H.P. Lovecraft.

I am loving it.

I guess my beliefs could be summed up like this.

I believe in the divine, whatever that may be. Psychedelics, some other drugs, and certain activities can allow us to open our eyes to the divine. In the end we know nothing, so just live happily in the divine light while you can. :flowerchild::aum:

--------------------

Edited by FRACTALife (08/11/10 11:19 AM)

Offlinederelict
Nyarlathotep
Male User Gallery

Re: any of you beleive in god? [Re: FRACTALife]
    #459041 - 08/12/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
Quote:

derelict said:

H.P. Lovecraft.

I am loving it.

I guess my beliefs could be summed up like this.

I believe in the divine, whatever that may be. Psychedelics, some other drugs, and certain activities can allow us to open our eyes to the divine. In the end we know nothing, so just live happily in the divine light while you can. :flowerchild::aum:

Perfectly summed up fractal. From the same story the couplets:
"that is not dead which can
eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even
Death may die"

I find this so in sync with my own views of the universe.

--------------------
When I perceive a tree, I would no longer be conscious of the tree; I would literally be
the tree.

The man who masters himself is delivered from the force that binds all creatures. GOETHE

OfflineA Girl
8 days a week
Female

#460119 - 08/14/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"there is no theory of evolution, just the animals that chuck norris allows to live"

haha

but i believe in the Lord because i have witnessed too many miracles and my life is too blessed to have it in any way be logical to not believe that he is the almighty. even through the hurt he gives me strength.

im not preaching....dont think i am, because i dont like people who press their beliefs onto others, just my :2cents: and personal experience :smile:

--------------------
I'm rad...You're rad....lets hug! :grin:

Offlinealsheating
Stranger
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #460151 - 08/14/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I believe in god, Allah is the name for those who care.
If there was no god, who on earth created the ganja, I really do not believe in evolution, it is just a theory which has never been proven whereas the divinities and miracles and proofs in revelations have been proven and conclusions have been drawn by certain scientists that some things could only be explained by a supreme power or god.

Evolution is bullshit, thats why I am not fearing the day my ganja plants decide to produce roses instead of buds, because it will never happen.

Life is sweet with green, thank you god for creating it and creating us to consume, experience and love it.

sweet

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder