Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestarrider

Germinating seeds??????
    #443152 - 07/07/10 06:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What is the best way?  The first method is to place between two wet paper towels. This is to be sure the seeds sprout. The other is to place the seed in a jiffy cube or rockwool. Is there any difference or one method is better than the other?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: starrider]
    #443159 - 07/07/10 06:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: starrider]
    #443340 - 07/08/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My tiny 2 cents is - use the paper towels. I dunno. People say it causes problems, but I've never had an issue with it.

I put it in the paper towels, in a baggy, on top of my PC monitor/tv/laptop keyboard and they pop within 48 hours. Often within 24.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: RasJeph]
    #443626 - 07/08/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I now soak my seeds for 12-24hrs in regular tap water then place between paper towels in a ziplock baggie, and then put the baggie in a dark place until the sprout is about 3-4 inches. I then put the sprount in a rooter plug. That's my method for vegging out moms from feminized seeds.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #444414 - 07/10/10 01:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So if I stick the seed into the rooter plug, plug has been soaked, and the temp at 79F this should be ok? And I also have the lights on 24hr. Am I doing it wrong or will this work?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #444873 - 07/11/10 10:43 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Crusty Ass Bastard said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377442

We should start that up again.  I just get too lazy, quite frankly, to start them all.  It's not like it's really that hard to gather and assemble hte information.  People do like pictures to help them along the way though.  I really think that's why Jorge's book is soo popular.  Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I will add that if anyone reads that thread above and has questions then to just bump that thread.  This will help add to the repository of active knowledge here at the Growery.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #445002 - 07/11/10 06:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

Crusty Ass Bastard said:
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377442

We should start that up again.  I just get too lazy, quite frankly, to start them all.  It's not like it's really that hard to gather and assemble hte information.  People do like pictures to help them along the way though.  I really think that's why Jorge's book is soo popular.  Sorry to be a bit off topic, but I will add that if anyone reads that thread above and has questions then to just bump that thread.  This will help add to the repository of active knowledge here at the Growery.

Totally agree. With some pictures and a little polish that article would be great to cross-post (or summarize) on the front page too IMO. :thumbup:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Germinating seeds?????? [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #445063 - 07/11/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So if I stick the seed into the rooter plug, plug has been soaked, and the temp at 79F this should be ok? And I also have the lights on 24hr. Am I doing it wrong or will this work?

It should work, try dropping the temp a couple degrees though.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds