Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Inherent Racism
    #403737 - 04/19/10 08:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So I met this black kid in my class and he is NOT on welfare.  I was very surprised.:smirk:

On a more serious note. Let me suggest this possible situation.

So you are walking around in the city.  There are whites, blacks, and mexicans pretty equal depending on the area.  So you are walking down the street at 4 am and see two black men standing down your path in the shadows.

Does fear come over you?  Are you going to go to the other side of the street? Or just continue praying to God they do not mug you?

Or are you able to just continue walking without paying much fearful attention to the 2 black men in front of you?

I am just curious.  For me personally I am as fearful of white people as I am other people.  I used to not be this way.  I was more wary of other races but I got over that.

Moral of the story:  Always keep your wits and your head about you and no one will fuck with you for the most part.  Walk around stupidly and you get mugged/raped.  The majority of muggers choose their prey by their appearance.  You look rich and don't got your head about you?  Well you might just get fucked with. Maybe not. This is just a reality of the world in which we live in.  To not think about these things is to be unprepared and to be unprepared is your first mistake.

There have been a few situations where if I was not who I am I would have been jumped.  But I am usually cool with the homeless always plus I am a junkie and probably where some of them were years ago.  I even got the war scars to prove it. :smirk:

City living, it's a science.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Inherent Racism [Re: Tangerines]
    #403739 - 04/19/10 08:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Just walk around with the mindset that you're going to have to kill everyone on the way to your destination. Then if they ask you what your problem is just pretend you are a nice dude.

Then shank em in the back.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: DungenessDank]
    #403740 - 04/19/10 08:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I was not writing this because I have a problem walking around the city in which I live.  I was just wondering where other people stood. 

But yea it's just an interesting issue. Going to one of if not the largest universities in the country which is also smack dab in the city I deal with these issues and hear many stories of muggings and rapings because college kids are stupid and easy prey.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #403741 - 04/19/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I carry a weapon on me at all times, so I don't care. If I'm gonna get stuck, I'm going to do some sticking myself :lol:

But IDK. I'd prolly just carry on. TBH, I've never really been around minorities much. My town is full of fucking white people. The only three or four black dudes I know are cool as hell...

Edit: Yeah, what Dungeonnsessessses said. Always be ready to kill.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: RasJeph]
    #403744 - 04/19/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yea I know how the white towns are.  So you carry a knife?  I never much saw the point.  I would carry a gun though.  If somebody is threatening you with a knife and you pull one out it is on.  And people fiending bad enough will literally have no stopping point so you better be quick with the steel. Who knows...

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#403749 - 04/19/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Another question more on scientific I guess.

I know racism is learned aka nurtured into somebody a lot of times. Imagine growing up and never even conceptualizing that there are people who look different than you.  I am willing to bet you would naturally be scared of these new people. Or you should be. Look at what happened when Europe came to the Americas.  Native Americans go down the drain as do the tribes of South America.

I am unsure if race is to blame or simply the imperialistic mindset of Europe at that time.  Us bringing Smallpox to the Americas was the greatest gift basket of all time. :heart:

Why am I talking about this shit?  I do not know.  Sometimes I just let me mind unravel.

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#403757 - 04/19/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I keep my wits about me wherever I go, even if there aren't black people around :lol:

Around here, you're a thousand times more likely to get jumped on by some redneck meth junkie than by a nigger.

The majority of black folks I've met around here have been alright.

I always carry a knife on me tho, always have always will.

and I'm 1/16th Cherokee so fuck the white man.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Inherent Racism [Re: ltd]
    #403760 - 04/19/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Only time im ever scared of black people is when im driving through really really ghetto areas and a group of them is blocking the road, I dont get that scared cause I know I can just ram through the fuckers if they try anything but the first day I moved to atlanta when I was 4 I did see some dude get shot in the face point blank

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#403771 - 04/19/10 10:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well i assume people are rational but if it comes to violence, so be it

but my assumption may be flawed as i don't live in the city nor plan on it anytime soon

how would you resolve the proposed situation with "your wits about you"?
curious.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#403788 - 04/19/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:So you carry a knife?  I never much saw the point.

Well, its a nice tool for things other than killing, and it certainly works for killing too.

Theres a house full of junkies down the road from me where theres a stabbing or a raping every weekend...ugh. Its a 1 bedroom house, and I swear about 15 of them live in there. I went by at 2 AM one time, and one of the retards stumbled up to me and grabs my arm, falling all over himself to ask me for a smoke. I told him I don't smoke and to get the fuck away from me. I didn't need the knife, but it certainly would have helped if he decided to make the situation different.

And I'm not enough of a badass to carry a gun.

--------------------

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Inherent Racism [Re: DungenessDank]
    #403799 - 04/19/10 12:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Just walk around with the mindset that you're going to have to kill everyone on the way to your destination. Then if they ask you what your problem is just pretend you are a nice dude.

Then shank em in the back.

:1upshroom:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineDANK
VERB CONJUGATeR+HERB INHALATOR
Male User Gallery

#403804 - 04/19/10 01:04 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ltd said:

and I'm 1/16th Cherokee so fuck the white man.

Samesies. But the white man has arguably done more good than bad for us..... At least for OUR generation.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Inherent Racism [Re: DANK] * 1
    #403809 - 04/19/10 01:21 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

If I am walking around at 2 in the morning and see two dudes just chillin then it is sketchy regardless of their race.

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: SmOakland]
    #403813 - 04/19/10 01:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

but its 476 times sketchier if they be brothas.

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: DANK]
    #403817 - 04/19/10 01:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

no dudes chillin at 2am are going to be fucking with me

i've got this real crazy look in my eye

like a bear in the woods

i'll fuckin kill you

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#403819 - 04/19/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I look like I'm 16 when I'm clean shaven :bored: Got dat baby face. And I'm a fatty, so that doesn't help make me look older either :lol:

--------------------

OfflineDANK
Male User Gallery

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: RasJeph]
    #403843 - 04/19/10 04:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

thread/

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#403845 - 04/19/10 04:29 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

you guys should really scared of niggers. trust me

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
    #403846 - 04/19/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think of race as much as I think of someone looking like a wigger or if they walk with a "gangster strut" I'll cross a street to avoid someone just so I know if they approach me I'm ready to fuck their shit up. It's usually the black people who fit the bill here though, but I mean how on earth is some nigger with a bandanna over his eyes and pants sagging down to his knees going to mug someone twice his size?

I'm not really worried being out at night though I'm big and tall and I doubt 99% of people looking to mug someone would pick me as a target. I'll walk around the worse areas of my city where 90% of the murders happen at 4am, don't really care not really scared of anyone if someone pulled a gat on me and was close enough I'd probably try to disarm them unless it's some dude who's like shaking because they could pull the trigger by accident :P Don't get me wrong I will avoid people, and I wouldn't let myself get surrounded for example but if it's a single person he better have a gun and keep some distance if he wants my watch. It's probably very foolish of me because lots of people get shot where I live and some really fucked up shit happens to like people will set you on fire or curb stomp you for no reason. I've heard of elderly people having 40oz bottles thrown at them during the day.

I've been the target of muggings a few times and always walked away with just as much money if not more.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Inherent Racism [Re: captain.koons]
    #403858 - 04/19/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Lol I have a little bit of a gangster walk sometimes because I got stabbed in my thigh. It only comes out sometimes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order