Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #395665 - 04/04/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Edited by juke adro (08/17/10 03:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: juke adro]
    #395666 - 04/04/10 06:34 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh boy, that's good the good coloring to it.

:feelsgoodman:

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #395669 - 04/04/10 06:39 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Something that clean could not possibly have any aromas whatsoever until burned mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it actually looks like Amber (fossilized tree resin)

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#395684 - 04/04/10 07:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

uh.. wha??

where is this 'disgusting' you speak of?

--------------------

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#395685 - 04/04/10 07:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

holy shit juke thats badass!

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #395703 - 04/04/10 08:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

GetTheFuckOut said:
holy shit juke thats badass!

^^ post seems to refer to the pics as if it's mine, they are just pics sourced from teh webz :frown:

Almost as mesmerizing as a fire in the woods.

--------------------

InvisibleGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

#395704 - 04/04/10 08:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

--------------------
Let the faggots have it all.  Keep the shit.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #395706 - 04/04/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

But it would be nice to  :getstoned:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #395747 - 04/04/10 09:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yah, I'd love to be able to produce oil like that.  God that all looks so good right now.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: coda]
    #395765 - 04/04/10 10:19 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The dude whom made the above said he used good cured bud (all stems removed) and does not chop it up to make it, he puts evap dish on a hot water bath (not boiled water) and then flames it off at the end, I think thats the only way to go, using bud.
when I do it from bud I end up with crystaly honey that can snap at room temp but with trim it never becomes weed crack and always stays a thick sticky unworkable honey that varys in colour.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#395861 - 04/04/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

nice pics looks like standard honey oil to me.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: the man]
    #396000 - 04/04/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

but with trim it never becomes weed crack and always stays a thick sticky unworkable honey that varys in colour.

Yah, I've never done just pure buds to make hash.  I always use trim (can't justify using bud until I have more then I need).  Always comes out a bit greenish because I can never properly leach the chlorophyll out of the trim.  So it always comes out a little dirty, but, still tastes great and gets me blazed as hell :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#396870 - 04/06/10 07:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

shit yeah its killer leaf or bud but one just looks better is all however I will sacrifice some bud for mr bubble :wink: cause I have never done that before

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #398646 - 04/08/10 11:47 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

awsome pics:thumbup:

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #398659 - 04/08/10 11:56 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I don't even understand how that's possible. That's the most incredible looking hash EVER

--------------------

InvisibleMuggles

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #398699 - 04/09/10 01:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

looks like an amber Jolly Rancher

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#398722 - 04/09/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

He heats it up and melts it till it looks like that :smile:

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#398968 - 04/09/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

should submit the first pic to erowid so sweet.

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#401719 - 04/15/10 07:51 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I've made BHO that good...I have some right now. It's all about the quality of trim you're working with, whether or not its organic, quality of the bud that the trim originated from, can't be any powdery mildew or other things of that nature. Obviously using buds would produce better oil but the Blue Dream trim was so good that I ended up with oil that good.

First pull my oil (using Vector*) fell into the pan and it was completely clear, no color to it, I thought I something was wrong and was pissed until a razor blade revealed completely clear amber oil as soon as I started scraping. Shit's potent! As mentioned above, as you might imagine it has very little smell...until you burn it :].

Edited by TheMerryGangster (04/15/10 07:54 AM)

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: TheMerryGangster]
    #401731 - 04/15/10 08:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:picdidnthappen:

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#401951 - 04/15/10 12:22 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The cool thing about me not caring whether you believe me or not, is just that! Haha, I've posted pics on shroomery's POST YOUR DANK thread, too lazy to do anymore (mostly of my full melt blue dream bubble hash, I don't have a good camera so I couldn't post defined enough pics to show the quality regardless)

Bottomline, if you want to know how to make oil that good you need to follow my advice or meet the criteria I said.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #402190 - 04/15/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

whether or not its organic

whether you choose to use organic ferts or not has no impact on the final product when making hash.

I wish people would stop pushing misinformation like that.  Organic is just a label to put a higher price on a product/make people feel better about themselves.  You can grow a shitty crop of bud just as easily with organic ferts as you can with chemical.  Likewise, you can produce buds/hash of better or equal quality using chemcial ferts properly as well as organics.

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#402213 - 04/15/10 08:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:

Bottomline, if you want to know how to make oil that good you need to follow my advice or meet the criteria I said.

LOL

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #402225 - 04/15/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
I've made BHO that good...I have some right now. It's all about the quality of trim you're working with, whether or not its organic, quality of the bud that the trim originated from, can't be any powdery mildew or other things of that nature. Obviously using buds would produce better oil but the Blue Dream trim was so good that I ended up with oil that good.

First pull my oil (using Vector*) fell into the pan and it was completely clear, no color to it, I thought I something was wrong and was pissed until a razor blade revealed completely clear amber oil as soon as I started scraping. Shit's potent! As mentioned above, as you might imagine it has very little smell...until you burn it :].

Would you explain what exactly you mean by that? what is Vector?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#402235 - 04/15/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Vector is a brand of 5x filtered butane.

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#403023 - 04/16/10 11:34 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

whether you choose to use organic ferts or not has no impact on the final product when making hash.

I wish people would stop pushing misinformation like that.  Organic is just a label to put a higher price on a product/make people feel better about themselves.  You can grow a shitty crop of bud just as easily with organic ferts as you can with chemical.  Likewise, you can produce buds/hash of better or equal quality using chemcial ferts properly as well as organics.

Hahahaha.

Adding synthetic molasses/sugar based supplements to your plants produces sugar crystals in addition to true trichome formation, and can be the difference between true full melt or not when it comes to bubble hash, and most certainly makes a different in the potency per volume and quality of the oil you extract. Organic is always better, that's not misinformation. If you think otherwise you obviously don't know what you're talking about when it comes to cultivating marijuana and that's a fact. Synthetic = shit, I know plenty of cultivators in North Cali that would school synthetic grow ops both in results and quality and don't doubt it.

I just smoked buds from two different grows of Blue Dream, one synthetic and one organic run (one commercial and one personal). Same genetics, same growing conditions... The difference is clear as day; only the organic produces true full melt hash (tried both side by side same micron screen from the bag set), and in comparison of the smoke, well there is no comparison. You can't flush all the traces of the salts and other nutrients from synthetic ferts out of the plant as efficiently - it's harsh, tastes way inferior, and burns unnaturally. As if this weren't enough proof, the organic was even fed an ORGANIC molasses supplement but still yielded these better results.

In no way did I imply that organic automatically or inherently means the final product is going to be high grade or properly grown marijuana. But It's a no brainer: properly grown organic bud > properly grown synthetic bud, period.

Also before you take the know-it-all approach you might want to actually read what people post. I made it pretty clear that the quality of the bud/plant material your using is an important factor in addition to the other ones I said.

There is a reason clubs pay more for organic medicine. :rolleyes:

Edited by TheMerryGangster (04/17/10 12:03 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #403033 - 04/17/10 12:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Organic is always better, that's not misinformation. If you think otherwise you obviously don't know what you're talking about when it comes to cultivating marijuana and that's a fact. Synthetic = shit

You just lost ALL respect I had for you. YOU clearly have no idea what you're talking about because if you had even the slightest comprehension of how organic nutrients actually behave in a soil profile you would understand how utterly misinformed your statement there is.

Quote:

There is a reason clubs pay more for organic medicine.

The clubs pay more for organic medicine because plants grown organically grow slower and yield less. Therefore the farmers who grew it charge more per unit weight to cover their operating costs at a similar profit margin.  As for why it grows slower and yields less, you'll unlock the secret to that when you finish reading on what nutrients actually are and how they interact with soil microfauna within the rhizosphere.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403062 - 04/17/10 07:32 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It kind of amazes me how much you were able to include in your posts with NO REASONS as to why.

Some may reason, that organics don't burn plants as easily.

Organics may increase brynx (sugar) levels in plants. Controversially proven to produce secondary flavinoids in which aren't produced in non-organic situations.

No use of pesticides to ruin the taste of buds... etc.

Your first sentence of molasses causing the production of sugar crystals is laughable. The molasses is a source of sugar which is easily utilized by the plants metabolism, an assortment of vitamins(specifically B vitamins), and trace minerals essential to plant health. I wish I could smash your reasoning but I don't even know what you're trying to say in most of your post mostly because you lack any sort of actual scientific foundation.

The fuck is sugar crystals?

The fuck is salts and other nutrients?

Salts in chemistry refers to an ionic compound with a neutral electric charge. Although in many hydroponic fertilizers the nutrients will have chemical compounds this is to achieve "salt" form. No nutrients are achieved without some sort of organic source. Inorganic or synthetic is such a stupid label and has been debated for a long time. It's proven that some inorganic or synthetic nutrients are better sources of plant nutrition than their organic counterpart. A lot of these so called synthetic nutrients come from organic sources and are refined to be more plant soluble thus no longer being organic by label. How is it that something that comes from the earth that has been refined to be more plant soluble is shit whereas it's less effective organic counterpart is what you advocate? This sort of lab refinement prevents plants from spending useful energy on the uptake and breakdown of nutrients not directly available to the metabolism of the plant. As I'm sure you're not aware of bacteria is responsible for what the lab does just at a much slower past and without the same efficiency.

As a plant physiologist I don't see why anyone would want their plants to uptake nutrients which aren't directly utilized by their plants metabolism, cost more, are known to remain in plant tissues (NOT TALKING ABOUT SYNTHETIC NUTRIENTS - as once a large organic molecule is taken up into the plant tissue it may not be broken down before the time of harvest) etc. Once organic nutrients are fully composted and often times sterilized to kill off the living bacteria within they can be branded as organic and have the same sort of ionic compounds found in General Hydroponics brand of fertilizer for example.

Granted, some organic products have truly interesting properties that are often times utilized along side synthetic products by farmers. Such as Fulvic/Humic acids, plant hormones, vitamins, sugars, etc. For basic plant nutrition though I don't believe there's any difference from a fully composted source and a refined nutrient produced under lab conditions.

Many reputable people in cannabis believe that organics have a fuller taste due to the uptake of larger organic molecules, stuff that isn't utilized by the metabolism of the plant. In many food crops organic crops have been shown to be sweeter but as far as I know there haven't been enough studies to give conclusive results. Sugar not given ample time to be utilized by the metabolism could be attributed to a sweeter crop, however I don't believe in your theory of "sugar crystals" :ilold:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#403069 - 04/17/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
:lolfat:

:failboat:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403104 - 04/17/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, basically.

Let's all spam his ratings now.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#403137 - 04/17/10 10:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

Organic is always better, that's not misinformation. If you think otherwise you obviously don't know what you're talking about when it comes to cultivating marijuana and that's a fact. Synthetic = shit

You just lost ALL respect I had for you. YOU clearly have no idea what you're talking about because if you had even the slightest comprehension of how organic nutrients actually behave in a soil profile you would understand how utterly misinformed your statement there is.

Quote:

There is a reason clubs pay more for organic medicine.

The clubs pay more for organic medicine because plants grown organically grow slower and yield less. Therefore the farmers who grew it charge more per unit weight to cover their operating costs at a similar profit margin.  As for why it grows slower and yields less, you'll unlock the secret to that when you finish reading on what nutrients actually are and how they interact with soil microfauna within the rhizosphere.

This is honestly hilarious, I'd like to see you make this argument to anyone in California who knows what they're talking about. The only ones riding the fail boat is you guys if you honestly think organic is inferior or synthetics can produce better results. :bigblunt:

Organic doesn't mean you yield less :lol:, that statement right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about. I know cultivators that yield 1.5-2 pounds a light with a 100% organic set up. And it makes it grow slower...are you just talking out of your ass? I don't even need to address this. Clubs pay more because the medicine they sell should be flushed of dissolved salts and any traces of unnatural compounds used which feeding the bud. You cannot effectively remove as many of these dissolved salts when using synthetics. Once again, this is common knowledge among cultivators. Many clubs are starting to do actual testing on buds before they purchase it, they want organic!

"Your first sentence of molasses causing the production of sugar crystals is laughable. The molasses is a source of sugar which is easily utilized by the plants metabolism, an assortment of vitamins(specifically B vitamins), and trace minerals essential to plant health. I wish I could smash your reasoning but I don't even know what you're trying to say in most of your post mostly because you lack any sort of actual scientific foundation."

Yes, molasses and sugar supplements are easily utilized and benefit many aspects of the growth of marijuana plants, but they also make trichomes swell. I gave you a real life example of trying two different results side by side, one given an organic/natural sugar based blend, which was designed by my buddy, and the other was given a commercial supplement. The inorganic couldn't produce full melt hash, so PLEASE I'd love to hear you explain that?

Salts and other compounds refers to what's left, THE REASON PEOPLE FLUSH their plants at the end of a feeding cycle/grow is to remove the dissolved salts left over from feeding. If you don't understand what I was talking about, I don't know how to help you.

"Water, then, is critical to a plants well-being. Too much salt in the soil can inhibit what we call a plant's "osmotic potential"--it's ability to take up water. just as salty food can make a person thirsty, salty soil can dehydrate a plant. Cheap, poor-quality synthetic fertilizers can create salt build-up in the soil that can cause your garden more harm than good.""

Oh no my rating :[, keep lowering it because of your ignorance and frustration. Childish as hell haha. I'll try to repair my e-pride in the mean time  :awesomenod:.

I don't grow marijuana, never have, but I know many cultivators that would love to jump on this forum and explain why organic is the only way to fly.

Edited by TheMerryGangster (04/17/10 10:42 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #403147 - 04/17/10 10:48 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Organic doesn't mean you yield less , that statement right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right, I must have just accidentally grown all that shit in my signature. And I guess my years spent growing myraids of different plants for experimental purposes in the university greenhouse must not count for anything :rolleyes:

This shit isn't just a hobby for Koons and I, we have actually taken botany and plant physiology courses and we actually understand HOW this shit works, not just some retarded heresay based on brain-dead stoners :facepalm:
Quote:

I know cultivators that yield 1.5-2 pounds a light with a 100% organic set up

And I know people that yield twice that using synthetics. your point is null

Quote:

I don't grow marijuana, never have, but I know many cultivators that would love to jump on this forum and explain why organic is the only way to fly.

Then you need to kindly shut up. If you don't even grow weed then what makes you think you're even remotely qualified to speak of this subject?

So far you haven't explained a SINGLE thing that supports your point. Just saying it doesn't make it true, you need to explain to us WHY what you're saying is true. Until then you're just talking out your ass.

Also, I'd like to refer you to the following thread as another demonstration of how wrong you are;

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/262584#262584

By the way, if you live in california I'll personally guarantee you've smoked weed grown by the man who made that post. Hell, you might even be one of the people who guessed wrong during that test

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#403154 - 04/17/10 10:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Organic doesn't mean you yield less , that statement right there proves you have no idea what you're talking about.

You're right, I must have just accidentally grown all that shit in my signature. And I guess my years spent growing myraids of different plants for experimental purposes in the university greenhouse must not count for anything :rolleyes:

This shit isn't just a hobby for Koons and I, we have actually taken botany and plant physiology courses and we actually understand HOW this shit works, not just some retarded heresay based on brain-dead stoners :facepalm:
Quote:

Quote:

Then you need to kindly shut the fuck up. If you don't even grow weed then what makes you think you're even remotely qualified to speak of this subject?

So far you haven't explained a SINGLE thing that supports your point. Just saying it doesn't make it true, you need to explain to us WHY what you're saying is true. Until then you're just talking out your ass.

Also, I'd like to refer you to the following thread as another demonstration of how wrong you are;

By the way, if you live in california I'll personally guarantee you've smoked weed grown by the man who made that post. Hell, you might even be one of the people who guessed wrong during that test

I never claimed I grow weed. The things I'm saying don't need to be backed up with science, they're accepted facts. I just got back from visiting California and I learned a lot from the cultivators I was around. There is just as many supporters of organics as there are of synthetics.

You disagree that molasses makes trichomes swell?
Dissolved salts aren't left behind after a feeding cycle?

This is a matter of opinion and you can find threads like this on forums all over the internet. And just because you know someone that yields twice that with synthetics doesn't mean organics are limited to producing less. There are just as many options with organic nutrients as there are for synths I don't get how you can honestly claim organic is inferior. And you should full well know the arguments against synthetics just as much as anybody else.

Oh and I'm moving to California in a few months, and I guarantee I won't be smoking synthetic buds. I know too many people who have grown organically for decades that absolutely school anything I've ever seen from other sources, especially synthetic grows. I'll read that thread but I can promise you my opinion won't change.

I agree I shouldn't have come across so knowledgeable about growing because I am not a grower, but I am basing these statements on experience.

And you still can't explain why the organic run produces full melt and the synth doesn't.

And I'm sorry but the thread you linked me to is hardly scientific haha. I know I could tell organic soil side by side to hydro synthetic or soil synthetic for a fact. If you want to set up the test I'll gladly participate :thumbup:.

I think both of you guys need to be more open minded to both sides of the argument, just as I probably do too. Online forums are so funny sometimes.

Edited by TheMerryGangster (04/17/10 11:10 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #403155 - 04/17/10 11:10 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The things I'm saying don't need to be backed up with science, they're accepted facts.

Nothing can BE an accepted fact without being supported by science. That's just the way life works, it is a physical impossibility to have a "fact" unless it's been supported by science :sorry:

I'm also sorry that you're so closed minded you refuse to accept the possibility that your PLUR hippy feelgood nonsense isn't the paramount nutritional regime. When you're ready to open your mind to alternative possibilities and actually understand how plants physically uptake and utilize nutrients then I'll be waiting here with a giant I told you so. Until then, enjoy your inferior weed

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403177 - 04/17/10 12:10 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't go so far as to say organic is inferior. I'd just say it's not superior, they may have characteristics unique to organics such as large organic molecules left behind in the plant tissues that attribute a fuller organic taste. I don't see how this can be said to be more desirable to all individuals hence why you can't say it's superior.

It's obvious this guy is just some fan boy who doesn't want to bring any sort of scientific information to the table. Hell he doesn't even grow.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403183 - 04/17/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, molasses and sugar supplements are easily utilized and benefit many aspects of the growth of marijuana plants, but they also make trichomes swell. I gave you a real life example of trying two different results side by side, one given an organic/natural sugar based blend, which was designed by my buddy, and the other was given a commercial supplement. The inorganic couldn't produce full melt hash, so PLEASE I'd love to hear you explain that?

There's multiple variables to trichome size and production. There's also variables in the process of making hash.

Let's go through some variables.

Epigenetic mutations

exact growth parameters varying between both crops...

-average day and night temperatures can affect trichome production
-humidity
-co2 levels including factors such as the average amount of co2 in the air being brought into the grow area and how fast air is exchanged
-pathogens being introduced to a set of plants
-light intensity, the spectrum of light provided by the bulb

This here is a joke too...

Quote:

Salts and other compounds refers to what's left, THE REASON PEOPLE FLUSH their plants at the end of a feeding cycle/grow is to remove the dissolved salts left over from feeding. If you don't understand what I was talking about, I don't know how to help you.

"Water, then, is critical to a plants well-being. Too much salt in the soil can inhibit what we call a plant's "osmotic potential"--it's ability to take up water. just as salty food can make a person thirsty, salty soil can dehydrate a plant. Cheap, poor-quality synthetic fertilizers can create salt build-up in the soil that can cause your garden more harm than good.""

I pointed out that you refer to salts in the wrong sense salts in chemistry and when you think of high sodium are two different things. I'll point out some of the holes in your post. I fully understand the purpose of flushing in a hydroponic situation and salts don't refer to what's left it refers to an ionic compound with a neutral electric charge usually resulting from an acid and a base meeting at equilibrium which is why hydroponic fertilizers usually say derived from "whatever chemical compound such as Calcium Nitrate" now what is left as you like to call it is these ionic compounds left after any given point of a plants metabolism, the plant is then given a week or two of water to utilize these ionic compounds with it's metabolism which is often why plants show multiple deficiencies after a flush in a hydroponics situation. Organically grown crops get an interestingly similar scenario. By no means are organic nutrients utilized by the metabolism of a plant any faster than synthetics (the opposite is actually the case) the organic nutrients left in the plant tissues after the plant is harvested are believed to attribute to the fuller taste.

I can't really comment much on using synthetic fertilizers in soil as I don't use such a combination. Again salts in a chemistry sense doesn't mean sodium so you are speaking utter gibberish when talking about Osmotic potential.

Quote:

I think both of you guys need to be more open minded to both sides of the argument, just as I probably do too. Online forums are so funny sometimes.

I'm very open minded, to anything scientific. I'm not going to join your hippy cult of organic worship without a sound reason. I'd also appreciate if you only posted things that are documented or scientific in some sense, not your hippy friend in california smokes crack and happens to grow organically. I'd actually appreciate it if non-growers didn't post testimonials at all because nothing is more retarded than saying my friend does this and told me that so I don't need science because it's fact bullshit.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: captain.koons]
    #403249 - 04/17/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say organic is inferior. I'd just say it's not superior, they may have characteristics unique to organics such as large organic molecules left behind in the plant tissues that attribute a fuller organic taste. I don't see how this can be said to be more desirable to all individuals hence why you can't say it's superior.

It's obvious this guy is just some fan boy who doesn't want to bring any sort of scientific information to the table. Hell he doesn't even grow.

well right, everyone has their own criteria. For me, taste is third in line to potency and yield, where I've found organics to be lacking in both departments.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403256 - 04/17/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey now, that nearly implies organics give better flavor.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#403341 - 04/17/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Then you need to kindly shut the fuck up. If you don't even grow weed then what makes you think you're even remotely qualified to speak of this subject?

I never claimed I grow weed. The things I'm saying don't need to be backed up with science, they're accepted facts. I just got back from visiting California and I learned a lot from the cultivators I was around. There is just as many supporters of organics as there are of synthetics.

This is a matter of opinion and you can find threads like this on forums all over the internet. And just because you know someone that yields twice that with synthetics doesn't mean organics are limited to producing less. There are just as many options with organic nutrients as there are for synths I don't get how you can honestly claim organic is inferior. And you should full well know the arguments against synthetics just as much as anybody else.

Oh and I'm moving to California in a few months, and I guarantee I won't be smoking synthetic buds. I know too many people who have grown organically for decades that absolutely school anything I've ever seen from other sources, especially synthetic grows. I'll read that thread but I can promise you my opinion won't change.

I agree I shouldn't have come across so knowledgeable about growing because I am not a grower, but I am basing these statements on experience.

And you still can't explain why the organic run produces full melt and the synth doesn't.

And I'm sorry but the thread you linked me to is hardly scientific haha. I know I could tell organic soil side by side to hydro synthetic or soil synthetic for a fact. If you want to set up the test I'll gladly participate :thumbup:.

I better not get banned for saying this but SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT, GO AND TEAM UP WITH BUDDY GUY, ANOTHER KNOW IT ALL WHO LOVES PASTA.

--------------------

Edited by juke adro (04/17/10 10:54 PM)

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#403349 - 04/17/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:
Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I better not get banned for saying this but SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT, GO AND TEAM UP WITH BUDDY GUY, ANOTHER KNOW IT ALL WHO LOVES PASTA.

Stop trying to act hard on the internet, you're pure scum. You obviously have proven you don't know anything period :facepalm:, so follow your own advice.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#403352 - 04/17/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not hard at all, I'm quite the opposite, I don't try and act hard on the internet and have no need to use the internet as a fake personality in anon, I am who I am, I act no different here than home in the flesh, it's only words, I'm sure your mother or father has told you to shut up and get out at least once in your life, no difference, I find your posts in here pure scat and wrong and asked you to leave with caps and swearing, How is that proving I know nothing? unlike you I do not wish to spread rubbish on the internet as a simple search with the right words may bring a noob to your exact post... they will then read it and go "cool" now I know then flick off page... when in fact the information is wrong and your a idiot but they don't know because they only saw your once post of pure crap.

Thankyou and have a nice day.
P.S. Rating left, enjoy.

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#403355 - 04/17/10 11:53 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Aslo you little shit......

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:
So I've been doing mini-runs with a little stainless steel turkey baster I got at the home goods store, the BHO itself I'm yielding is amazing and it's a decent yield considering the whole thing only fits about 5 grams of material.

Anyone have any ideas for finding a bigger tube for serving my purposes, and I don't mean the xtractor or honey oil extractor tubes I want to make my own. I want to do about 22 grams this run of high quality trim.

You have done it only a few times LOL busted... You have not done large scale, you have not compared anything and you have no idea bar the stories you must have read, take your misinformation, your turkey baster and .1 if that of BHO and GTFO.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#403405 - 04/18/10 06:40 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You're going on ignore before I have to read anymore misinformation.

Edited by DungenessDank (04/18/10 01:21 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: DungenessDank]
    #403439 - 04/18/10 10:13 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The things I'm saying don't need to be backed up with science, they're accepted facts.

You've just invalidated anything you just posted.  You can't have a "fact" without empirical evidence to BACK IT UP.  It's not a "fact" unless it's PROVEN to be true.  Just because some brain dead hippie you met out in cali tells you organics is better, produces better bud, produces better hash, DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

The guy who produced that hash above grows using "inorganic" ferts.  I'd put a lot of money on the fact that that stuff would blow the shit you find in any med club out of the water.  Oh wait, that shits probably SOLD in med clubs already and most likely blows the other shit they sell out of the water.

I'm sorry but there is no way you're going to convince anyone who actually knows the science behind cultivation that organic fertilizers produce better quality anything.  It's simply not true no matter what the brain dead hippies tell you.

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403460 - 04/18/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So I met this hippy at the health food store today. I was told organic weed causes cancer and makes you gay as fuck. I asked if that was clinically proven and was told that it doesn't need to be because it's a FACT. Apparently people who smoke organic buds have homosexual orgies and consume more semen than they do weed.

:ilold:

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

#403559 - 04/18/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

You've just invalidated anything you just posted.  You can't have a "fact" without empirical evidence to BACK IT UP.  It's not a "fact" unless it's PROVEN to be true.  Just because some brain dead hippie you met out in cali tells you organics is better, produces better bud, produces better hash, DOES NOT MAKE IT TRUE.

The guy who produced that hash above grows using "inorganic" fertilizers.  I'd put a lot of money on the fact that that stuff would blow the shit you find in any med club out of the water.  Oh wait, that shits probably SOLD in med clubs already and most likely blows the other shit they sell out of the water.

I'm sorry but there is no way you're going to convince anyone who actually knows the science behind cultivation that organic fertilizers produce better quality anything.  It's simply not true no matter what the brain dead hippies tell you.

Wow you guys are hopeless.

I said my comments about dissolved salts and trace chemical compounds being left behind from synthetic ferts and molasses causing trichomes to swell didn't need to be backed up with science because they're accepted facts, MEANING look up the information yourself and you'll find it has plenty of scientific documentation. I honestly couldn't care less what you think. Keep smoking synthetic buds haha, I'll stick to the "inferior" organics all day long.

@jukeadro
That turkey baster yielded about .5 a run, plenty to judge the quality of oil with you moron. I was doing seperate full-melt runs on a large scale with both the synthetic and organic trim, once again SAME conditions for growing, SAME genetics. Just GTFO :lol:. And stop trying to excuse your complete lack of a knowledgeable comment or anything of value to input on this thread. It's just that, and there's now way around it. You fail in life, and you fail on this forum if that's how you react to situations.

You've made so many assumptions in one thread it's hilarious, I'm talking to cultivators that live and breathe growing not brain dead hippys you ignorant fuck. Take the stick out of your ass and open your mind for once.

@coda
All of your posts are filled with bias. You have just as many holes in your argument you hypocrite. "Most likely clubs blows the other shit out of the water...". You think anyone takes that seriously? The Blue Dream I'm talking about sold for as high as 38 to the clubs, because it was organic and the full melt hash was sold for 15/gram all the way up in Sacramento. It was the #1 seller on the menu at two different clubs. :facepalm: Unbelievable.

I know what I'm fucking talking about, I didn't make these experiences up. And still none of you can explain why the synthetic run didn't produce full melt. You have offered NOTHING of value, but have proven nothing but the fact that you're incredibly close-minded and completely biased in every way on the subject.

Have a lovely day everybody :bigblunt:

Edited by TheMerryGangster (04/18/10 06:57 PM)

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#403567 - 04/18/10 07:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody can prove why your synthetic run didn't produce fullmelt because your results were purely anecdotal  :facepalm:

I get where you're coming from man but you've also been faced with numerous proven scientific facts that refute your position and you still reject any possibility other than your own opinion.

Everybody is getting all pissy which just makes them less likely to even pay attention to what the other has to say.

poo on all of you

--------------------

OfflineBuddy
Mr.
Male

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: elcharrosays]
    #403571 - 04/18/10 07:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Imagine if Halls made lozengers out of that.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro!

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#403609 - 04/18/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheMerryGangster said:

@jukeadro
That turkey baster yielded about .5 a run

:rofl: from 5grams of trim. your an idiot and I have to put you on ignore or I will get my self banned :bye:

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #403690 - 04/19/10 02:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

still none of you can explain why the synthetic run didn't produce full melt

I gave a number of reasons, you saying they were grown in the same conditions is laughable and is just a hoot to try to say their only difference is the nutrients.

Quote:

I said my comments about dissolved salts and trace chemical compounds being left behind from synthetic ferts and molasses causing trichomes to swell didn't need to be backed up with science because they're accepted facts

Oh you're referring to when you said something about "sugar crystals?" :ilold:

There's documentation on each subject but accepted scientific fact no. Hippy faggot fact, sure. Comparing macros taken with the same camera settings of Neville's Haze grown in organic hydro, organic soil, and hydroponics there's no difference in the trichome size. The full melt in both cases was also the 25u bag. I really don't know why you're such a fan boy nearly every strain full melts it's just that some strains won't clear dome. Trichome size is limited by the genetics they serve a purpose as an extension of the epidermis which is made of fragile parenchyma cells (for the most part) they don't have the structure or rigidness of other plant structures to become large. Seed calyx trichomes are nearly atomically identical to root hairs which are also parenchyma and are meant to be sloughed off continually. To be frank there's no much room on most weed for the trichomes to swell as they're so tightly arranged, they would compromise they're function.

Tell me how much bigger could these trichomes get given their arrangement?

I've also addressed your so called fact of "trace chemical compounds" not being flushed out of the plant tissues. Heavily refined hydroponic nutrients in fact flush out whereas organic nutrients don't because they're much larger molecules which aren't directly utilized by the plants metabolism which are left behind after harvest. This can also explain higher brynx levels in organic crops.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinethe man

#404439 - 04/20/10 10:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

perhaps the use of organics is synonymous with higher care of plants. proper flush general care... no big guy is going to use organics but small elitests will??? so one can easily say "hey look bio stuff is way sicker"  ya feel me??

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #404505 - 04/21/10 06:12 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Organics isn't higher care of plants though. If someone used organics because they were an elitist I'd just call them a fanboy. Some organic products work well, there's reasons to use all organic products such as an honest organic lable, but to actually say you're doing it because it's a higher level of care to the plants or because you're an elitist is basically another way of saying I'm a fan boy.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinethe man

#404598 - 04/21/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

sorry you misunderstood me.

i meant that perhaps on average people who use organics are smaller growers and perhaps take more time to care for there plants. as apposed to large "chem" growers who dont flush fuss over small things. So i meant on average there is probably a better chance youd get better weed from teh organic hydro grower as apposed to synth? if that makes anymore sense

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #404656 - 04/21/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I suppose that reasoning makes some sense I understand what you're trying to say but it's speculation. General Hydroponics is the biggest and oldest nutrient company and there's a lot more non organic hydroponic gardeners, I notice a lot of people start off with the GH 3 part Flora series sot here's a lot of people who don't know a great deal about proper growing using them where I think people with more experience pick up organic nutrients. Again it's just speculation because regardless of your nutrients there's a learning curve in hydroponics organic nutrients are harder to fuck up and are better for newbs who don't know about feeding properly but synthetics are better in the hands of the elitists.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlinesent420
Stranger
    #406705 - 04/25/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

@TheMerryGangster

Was any of the blue dream full melt hash sold to the horizon club in sacramento?
Because, I picked some up from that club...

OfflineApollo2k
A guy, nothing more.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: sent420] * 1
    #420839 - 05/20/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

picture says it all.

--------------------

OfflineTheMerryGangster
Stranger

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: sent420]
    #421106 - 05/20/10 04:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

sent420 said:
@TheMerryGangster

Was any of the blue dream full melt hash sold to the horizon club in sacramento?
Because, I picked some up from that club...

Yes it was I believe. Haha, small world. What'd you think?

I will admit I did take what I've learned about cultivation from the words of my friends and the people I've met that cultivate. I have found a lot of evidence to the fact that what you're saying about synthetics vs. organic is true, but I am still baffled why the synthetic run didn't full melt. Is overfeeding a possible issue here? I still personally enjoy organic buds more, and love the product of the organic growers I know. The synthetic growers I know probably just don't put as much love into it. 

Anyway, I apologize for not being more well-rounded in my views. If there is one thing I hate to encounter its when people think they know everything when they haven't done the research or had the experience.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #422023 - 05/22/10 11:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

but I am still baffled why the synthetic run didn't full melt.

There are many reasons that this could have happened, but really it just sounds like the hash got a little contaminated and you ended up with a final product that was slightly less pure and unable to produce your full melt.

Maybe plant material slipped through, maybe some chlorophyll leached into your batch, maybe the trichomes you were working with were malformed or immature.  Kinda hard to tell you the exact reason why though.

--------------------

OfflineTektonic
dont panic, it's organic

Folding@home Statistics
    #422028 - 05/22/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Magash:
Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

I prefer to grow organic, makes me feel fuzzy inside
I always burn my plants when I do aero/hydro

and until I see a multi-million dollar study w/ double blind tests, i'm gonna assume the grower/environment/genetics is more important than the nute

--------------------
Legal & Compliant with local & state regulations.

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

Offlineimpgl

Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: Tektonic]
    #425007 - 05/28/10 11:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i just grow organics these days because its easy and around the bay area, organics sell. ive grown very tasty shit using GH and AN, but hey, it getting a lot harder to get rid of weed these days and if branding it organic helps, then fuck it.

oh, and to merrygangster or whattever - im a california native and have spent time in southern humboldt growing. most of the people there are either backwards red necks or retarded hippies. ive heard the stupidest shit come out of their mouths like yellowing in the leaves mean that the plants need water, bury a cows hoof with stinging nettle stuffed in 2 feet under your plants and harvest on the full moon to get a bumper harvest, flooding your plants continually will make roots grow bigger because theyll be able to swim in the water, etc.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: impgl]
    #425008 - 05/28/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So which did you prefer between GH and AN? as far as taste, yield, potency etc?

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#425011 - 05/28/10 11:23 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

to be completely honest with you i dont smoke a lot and never keep track of weight so i wouldnt be able to tell you anything of the sort. i get high with just smoking .1 of a gram. and because i never grew out the same strains using both fert lines, i wouldnt be able to compare the taste difference.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: This is disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!11 [Re: impgl]
    #425012 - 05/28/10 11:25 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok well how about the look? did one appear to yield larger than the other?

--------------------

Offlineimpgl

#425016 - 05/28/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ima say Advanced but that could be because i had AK 47. i also used Advanced with bogs LSD, and the was some of the most trichome covered plant ive grown

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order