Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Loc: USA Flag
My aerogarden/hawaiian punch grow
    #371797 - 02/23/10 07:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Aerogarden mids:
I started this grow on 2/5/10. That's when my bigger plant in the pictures sprouted. That plant is some unknown mid plant. This is my aerogarden plant.

Hawaiian punch crippy:
This plant was sprouted on 2/13/10. It grew in the aerogarden with the other plant until today(2/23/10). Seeing as there would not be room for both I developed this Hawaiian punch bottle with a fish tank air bubbler thing :smile: Its only been a couple hours but seems good so far.

Now this is my first grow I really do not know much about what im doing but its day 18 and im doing pretty good. Due to limited time I plan to bud these plants in 2-3 weeks. So has anyone done an aerogarden grow? So far I'm just using the aerogarden nutrients and I have the lights on 24/7. What do I need to do when I bud these plants in an aerogarden??? Do I do something with the water? Do I just give it nutrients like always? And yes I know I could probably search this one but while im asking questions how long should the light period be for flowering? Thanks for any replys, questions, comments etc. I'll try to keep this grow up to date especially since it will be kind of a quicker one

Here is my entire setup. The aerogarden has two 26w 120v 60hz lights. Then as you can see I added two 13w 120v 60hz cfl's.

Here are a couple close ups of my bigger plant. Its hard to tell with the ruler but its just under 6 inches

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: My aerogarden/hawaiian punch grow [Re: screekrunner]
    #373225 - 02/25/10 08:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

update: The roots on my smaller plant are turning slightly red I noticed today when I added water. Could this be because possibly my water reservoir has light leaks and algae is growing on my roots???

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #373299 - 02/25/10 10:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes that is the reason. The roots need to be getting NO light whatsoever!!! That is one reason you have algae growing on your roots. You need to fix that immediately.

I don't know shit about hydro, but I do know that this early in the game algae is a VERY BAD sign. I wish I could help more. Good luck.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My aerogarden/hawaiian punch grow [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #373313 - 02/25/10 10:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Yes that is the reason. The roots need to be getting NO light whatsoever!!! That is one reason you have algae growing on your roots. You need to fix that immediately.

This. And to answer the light period question you want 12 hours on and 12 hours off during flowering.

Also, you said you were using the aerogarden nutes? What is the N-P-K on that stuff and do you have a PH/EC tester? The plant looks surprisingly good so far, but what you see happening to the bottom leaves is going to progress straight up to the top without hydro nutes @ the proper strength and PH.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: My aerogarden/hawaiian punch grow [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #373393 - 02/25/10 02:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That happened=-=
Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:

This. And to answer the light period question you want 12 hours on and 12 hours off during flowering.

Also, you said you were using the aerogarden nutes? What is the N-P-K on that stuff and do you have a PH/EC tester? The plant looks surprisingly good so far, but what you see happening to the bottom leaves is going to progress straight up to the top without hydro nutes @ the proper strength and PH.

Well due to time restrictions im switching this plant to flowering as of tonight. Also since I am now flowering it today just for a temporary solition I rinsed the red off the roots and put the small plant in the aerogarden as well. Now as for what you said that happened to the lower leaves weeks ago. I was worried at first but so far at least thats been my only problem. Although the past three days it has slowly been happening to some of my top pot leaves. I posted two more pictures below that I just took so you can see what I mean. I dont know what npk means im very new. I looked through all my stuff that ccame with the aerogarden though and it doesnt say. I also do not have either of those testers

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#375051 - 02/28/10 09:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

day two of flowering
Day 22 overall

OfflineTomCollins

#375067 - 02/28/10 09:43 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

screekrunner said:
day two of flowering
Day 22 overall

Yikes, some of those leaves look funny dude. It's a tough call though, can you give some closer shots of the affected leaves?

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

Re: My aerogarden/hawaiian punch grow [Re: TomCollins]
    #375126 - 02/28/10 11:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to say that second picture is the best its gonna get. I just tried and when I get closer it blurs, its just my cell phone. But I'm running a three day dose of bushmaster. Afterwords when I switch back to aerogarden nutrients I was hoping it might help that.

OfflineTomCollins

#375128 - 02/28/10 11:05 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Your supposed to use bushmaster alone without any nutrients? :confused:

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#375132 - 02/28/10 11:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i am

OfflineTomCollins

#375134 - 02/28/10 11:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did it say that specifically on the actual product? Did someone on this website specifically tell you to do that?

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#375178 - 02/28/10 12:08 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Did it say what??

OfflineTomCollins

#375184 - 02/28/10 12:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Your supposed to use bushmaster alone without any nutrients? :confused:

Quote:

screekrunner said:
i am

Quote:

Spency said:
Did it say that specifically on the actual product? Did someone on this website specifically tell you to do that?

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#375186 - 02/28/10 12:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Why

Edited by screekrunner (02/28/10 12:23 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

#375201 - 02/28/10 12:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It seems a little unusual. However, I'm sure by now you understand why I asked the question.

Good luck with your grow. :smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#376422 - 03/01/10 07:05 PM (14 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
It seems a little unusual. However, I'm sure by now you understand why I asked the question.

Good luck with your grow. :smile:

I dont understand why you asked. I just dont understand why your asking. Someone told me to, and the directions said to. I did not use nutrients while using bushmaster

OfflineTomCollins

#377715 - 03/03/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

screekrunner said:
I dont understand why you asked. I just dont understand why your asking.

Haha, alright don't worry about it then.

Quote:

screekrunner said:Someone told me to, and the directions said to. I did not use nutrients while using bushmaster.

:thumbup: Then you've done nothing wrong and have nothing to worry about! I wish you would have told me that earlier.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#379260 - 03/06/10 08:07 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

Anyways I was unable to access my plant the last two days. Just looked and I saw the first buds forming :laugh: Anyways This is day 9 of flowering. Day 30 overall. I started on March 26th. Looks like I possibly have small signs of nutrient burning on my small plant. What do you guys think? Oh and I used a 3 day dose of bushmaster on these plants starting when I started flowering.
And the pictures I must say don't do justice to what I have got here :smile:
I'm using my cell phone for pictures though.

Day 30 overall, Day 9 flowering

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#388540 - 03/22/10 11:17 PM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Okay so heres some updates. The bigger mid plant ended up being a male and I had to tear him down. The smaller cryp plant is going strong those. I also used a dose of bushmaster when I started the grow. Hopefully should boost flowering time by two weeks. I have also moved my plant to a new location, still in my house. I am no longer on time schedule (I was before) and I will be able to let my plant fully flower!

If anyone knows also do you have any idea how much longer this plant probably has till its ready to harvest????

Shes only 4 inches tall. Its my first grow I know I won't get much bud, but if I can smoke a bowl I know I grew I will be happy.

Day 42 overall, Day 29 flowering

Offlinescreekrunner
m&m
Male

#389011 - 03/23/10 07:54 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Update: I built a new grow chamber for it today. Its in a rubbermaid container in the corner of my closet now so nothing looks out of the ordinary in my closet at all. I lined the inside with foil, put a hole in the back with a fan in the whole pulling in fresh air. I also took the light off the aerogarden and laid it on its side for more room

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck