Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed
    #364562 - 02/15/10 12:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

02/14/10

Signing on!

This is my first grow log here on the Growery. I am currently waiting on my Russian Rocket Fuel seeds. This is the description from the seed bank.

"Short Stuff Seeds Russian Rocket Fuel strain is the result of crossing a heavy indica strain with very dense automatic NYC Diesel. Lurking in the genetic make-up of Shortstuff Seedbanks Russian Rocket Fuel is a monster: The Russian Rocket Fuel Bush phenol. This incredible phenotype is getting a lot of attention and is the reason it is now ShortStuff Seeds’ top selling autoflowering strain."

I am very excited, this strain from what I have seen is a monster auto. Also I have some bagseeds sprouting, I have 6 bagseeds, 2 of them have sprouted and the other 4 are germinating in the Jiffy Greenhouse.

My current set-up is a 125w CFL in a 2'x4'x5' tent. This will be used for vegging for now, in a week or so I will be ordering a 400w HPS Cool Tube, then I will use both for vegging and both for flowering. So I will have a total of 525w vegging and flowering. My soil is Miracle Grow Organic Choice, and I am adding nutes to that. My nute choices for now until I get more money are; Advanced Nutrients - Grow - Mother Earth for vegging, and Age Old Bloom for flowering. I would like to step up on the nutes but they are expensive.

Feel free to ask any questions, or give me any advice.

That is it for right now, I will be posting pictures tomorrow. Maybe even some good news about my seeds arriving. Until then everyone, have a great night.

Edited by Dephect (02/22/10 11:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: Dephect]
    #364683 - 02/15/10 11:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

02/15/10

3 of the bagseed ladies have sprouted. Other then that nothing new. Here are some photos of the little baby girls.

Edited by Dephect (02/15/10 10:22 PM)

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #366263 - 02/17/10 04:11 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you'll be needing to water for awhile. Those pictures almost look like your soil is swimming in water.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: Ojom]
    #366556 - 02/17/10 06:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks but I water every other day. They just look like that because I mist frequently.
Can you switch a plant that has been grown in hydroponics over to soil? Will it damage or shock the plant to the point where its not even worth it to change over?

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #366590 - 02/17/10 06:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Young seedlings do not need that much water.

It is impractical to switch a plant grown in soil over to hydro. It would be best to just take a clone and put the clone into hydro once it is rooted.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: Ojom]
    #366648 - 02/17/10 07:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay.. Ill take other opinions as well. Until then.

Here is a picture of a present I got today from a homie :smile: I gave him a fat jar of Ecuador LC and he gave me a Jackberry plant that came from hydro.

It came from a hydro setup but I don't have anything for hydro so I had to make a make shift bubble pot for my plant that I got today. I just look a pitcher, found a pot that fit in the top but gripped the rim, threw a air stone attached to a pump in the bottom, and put 1 tbs + 1/4 tsp of the Advance Nutrients I got for 3 quarts of water. And the nute is by itself in there. That is the only thing that scares me about hydro, its less forgiving with nutes rather then soil, so you could fuck shit up quickly. But I followed the directions and everything seems fine. My tent has been getting hot though due to the lights in there and not a big enough fan. I might have to upgrade to a slightly bigger office fan.

I didn't even have the pebbles to put in there, but I had some garden rocks, square popsicle sticks and some hemp, I filled the pot a little bit, the roots are on the bottom of the pot, not sure if they should all be there or spread through out the rocks, but I had to try and get it to stay in place in the pot.

I still need to get a small opaque bucket and make a better bubble pot, so the roots and the nute solution is not exposed to light.

Pictures:

Enjoy!

I know its pretty makeshift for now but I will try and make a better set up soon, maybe get a small small opaque bucket and make a better bubble system.

I am not getting a Cool Tube yet either. I am just getting a regular 400w HPS, I think its a open end hood. Well see.

Anyways thanks for tuning in.

Peace.

Edited by Dephect (02/18/10 12:23 AM)

Offlinehappycamper15
Stranger
    #366748 - 02/17/10 07:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey there. Just got done with my first indoor grow. Russian Rocket Fuel.
I started with 5 fem seeds. Three died due to neglect, then i started the remaining 2, one turned out to be male! Not a huge loss, as I pollinated the female with it, and got about 60 seeds.
The one female I grew was under 150w CFL. Took about 75 days, and I should have let it go a week longer. Harvested 16g of fantastic bud as well as those seeds. Used a 3/4 gallon pot, with Miracle Grow Moisture control soil. I did not give it any nutes at all throughout the grow. Just gave it dirt, water, and light. For what was put into the grow, I am captivated at what came out of it. I have 3 Russian Rocket fuels going right now, about 3 weeks old. 2 females, and 1 male.

Hope this info helps with the grow!

Best of luck,
HC15

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #366770 - 02/17/10 07:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think you misunderstood. you can't take a plant from soil and go hydro with it, but you can go the other way.

if you take your hydro plant and put it in soil it should be completely fine

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #367049 - 02/17/10 11:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

happycamper15 said:
Hey there. Just got done with my first indoor grow. Russian Rocket Fuel.
I started with 5 fem seeds. Three died due to neglect, then i started the remaining 2, one turned out to be male! Not a huge loss, as I pollinated the female with it, and got about 60 seeds.
The one female I grew was under 150w CFL. Took about 75 days, and I should have let it go a week longer. Harvested 16g of fantastic bud as well as those seeds. Used a 3/4 gallon pot, with Miracle Grow Moisture control soil. I did not give it any nutes at all throughout the grow. Just gave it dirt, water, and light. For what was put into the grow, I am captivated at what came out of it. I have 3 Russian Rocket fuels going right now, about 3 weeks old. 2 females, and 1 male.

Hope this info helps with the grow!

Best of luck,
HC15

Word man thats really exciting! I might want to sex one female. I don't know if its possible but can you try and control how much pollen you put on the bud? Like selective sexing? Would you have to have that plant in a isolated area? I would cut the males balls of and use him for butter or hash at this point. But is it possible? I'm glad to see other people have grown this strain and all I have heard is good reviews. I wasn't about to do another auto grow until I saw the picture of the plant. It looked like a super fat turkey leg on a stick except the turkey leg is weed. I know you should never trust the seed bank pictures for your judgment but I googled the strain and only found good reviews.

The question still stands though maybe you could answer this Harry? Can you control how much pollen you put on the bud? Like selective sexing.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I think you misunderstood. you can't take a plant from soil and go hydro with it, but you can go the other way.

if you take your hydro plant and put it in soil it should be completely fine

Word. Now the question is. Is it worth it? I mean I wouldn't mind giving a small go at hydro. But I have always done soil. I feel it just might set the plant back if I switch it over to soil, plus its so fascinating seeing roots without all the dirt on them.. I might even make this Jackberry plant a mother.

Suggestions anyone? I know its my grow but I would like some advice on what other people would do.

Thanks for tuning in.

Peace

Offlinehappycamper15
Stranger
    #367155 - 02/18/10 06:42 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes you can control which bud-sites to pollinate. I only pollinated my lower popcorn buds, and left the entire cola and bigger buds unseeded.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #367178 - 02/18/10 08:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

man if you've already got it in a working hydro setup then I say give that a go! Hydro is awesome and you'll be stunned by the rate of growth :thumbup:

I've never done any breeding work though, so I'm gonna leave that question alone for someone with experience

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367188 - 02/18/10 08:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:
02/15/10

3 of the bagseed ladies have sprouted. Other then that nothing new. Here are some photos of the little baby girls.

Fingers crossed.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: pha3r0]
    #367235 - 02/18/10 10:29 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you everyone for tuning into this thread! Okay so my Jackberry girl survived the first night, the leafs are drooping and in my trusty little cultivation book it says when leafs are drooping on a hydro set up its due to under feeding, over feeding, an over dry medium or sudden exchange temperatures. I think it was either due to over feeding or temperature fluctuation. I have tried to add another CFL in there but it brings the temperatures up around 90F. Some of my eggplants are burned :frown: its okay, temps are down to 82F this morning. Also some of it might be due to over feeding. The real name for my set up is a deep water culture (DWC). I read last night that you are only supposed to make the nute solution 1/3 strength to 1/2 strength and I definitely made it full strength. I am going to get some more pebbles today, I'm going to flush the pot with regular water and start over. I really don't want to fuck this lady up.

I know I have been saying this in my head for a few days now but I REALLY WANT MY RRF SEEDS!

Look for updates and more pictures today :smile:

Peace

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367238 - 02/18/10 10:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i know jack squat about hydro but if your temperature stays around 80 that's perfect so you can rule out temp. but if over night it gets cold that could be it, my soil clones just did about the same thing from over watering and being too cold, possibly to much food also. I just fixed all three at once to be sure and they are looking better after a few days. fingers crossed again.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: pha3r0]
    #367242 - 02/18/10 10:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Word man :smile:

I would have no problems with soil if I transplanted but I am willing to take on a new challenge here. I guess this log will compare the difference between hydro and soil because there will be a mixture of both right now. Let the better medium win!

Im just probably going to make a daily checklist. I also need to make a better DWC.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#367258 - 02/18/10 11:13 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

i hear DWC is the shit. prolly the first hydro i would try out if i ever do.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #367355 - 02/18/10 02:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

most likely it's not enough dissolved oxygen causing the droopiness. when the leaves droop in hydro 95% of the time it's due to overwatering, which in hydro basically can only mean not enough dissolved oxygen.

I would either increase your air pump, or check your water temps. if the water gets too warm it's not capable of holding enough dissolved oxygen

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Russian Rocket Fuel + Bagseed [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #367376 - 02/18/10 02:57 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Its looking nice on the top level but a little weird on the bottom. I have a 10 gallon air pump in 3 quarts of solution. It might be because I have stones in the bottom of the pot instead of another medium like expanded clay pellets (which I am about to go get now). I bought a bucket with a nice net pot at the grow store today. $12. I came home to vape a bowl or two then head over to Home Depot to try and find some expanded clay pellets. Do you know what brand I should look for?

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #367576 - 02/18/10 07:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

02/18/10

Okay. Where to start. Oh yeah..

MY SEEDS CAME IN TODAY!

I immediately took 4 out of the pack, wet up some peat pellets, put them in the jiffy greenhouse and started the germination process. I'm so excited! I can now focus on the tent and not what I am going to grow.

Also I got the new DWC set-up going for my Jackberry girl. Check it.

I bought the bucket with the net pot lid at my local grow store for $12. I drilled a hole in the side for the tubing to the air stone. I need to get a new air stone because I have a $4 brittle aquarium air stone and its starting to crack in the middle. They didn't have any expanded clay pellets and it was snowing so I couldn't go get the ones at my parents house so I started looking in local stores. Couldn't find any. I decided to just get some river stones for now. In a few days I will get some pellets and switch them out. I made the nute solution 1/3 - 1/2 strength now. Putting a total of 13.5 tsp of Advanced Nutrients Grow into 2.5 gallons of water. I ended up having to poor some out because it came over the rocks and I didn't know if that was good or not. I think I am just going to leave the set up alone now and let the girl grow for a week or two.

Here are the bagseed ladies, also known as B1, B2, and B3. They are going good. Not as much growth now as I will have when I get my HPS lamp.

Not much to update on as they are still seedlings.

I also got a new fan today. It cost $20 at ACE. As you can see by the temp readings and my earlier posts you can see there is a huge difference in the ventilation.

It stays in the 70F range now. Which is great! No more heat damaged plants!

Anyways that is it for today. Questions, comments, concerns, advice, its all welcome.

Peace.

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #369646 - 02/21/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

02/21/09

Okay so its been a few days, time for a update.

I am getting a 400w HPS tomorrow, hopefully the babies will like it and start growing faster and stronger!

All but one of my plants are coming along very nicely

B1 and B2 sprouted within 10 hours of each other, the only difference was I watered B1 with nutes 6 days after it sprouted, instead of the regular water used on B2. I can see the difference in starting nutes early.

B3 is behind them.

All 4 Russian Rocket Fuel seeds sprouted. Hooray for 100% germ rates.
60 more days until nice buds  :jointsmile:

Now for the sad news. If any of you have been paying attention you'll know that I am trying my first hydro set up. My Jackberry girl that was a gift to me has been getting better. The reality is though I am lucky I still have her, and at this rate, she might be able to flower at the same time as the other plants lol.

WARNING!! THESE PICTURES ARE DEPRESSING!!

My Jackberry girl went from this..

to this..

and then to this..

I have been really worried but I just need to relax and let her heal up. I changed out the res again back to normal strength since the problems never had anything to do with my nute solution but rather what level the water was and and what level the plant was at in the net pot (DONT DROWN YOUR ROOTS!)

I also got her a new air pump. I went from 10 gallon to 75 gallon

Thats it for today, Ill post more updates in a day or so. Thanks for tuning in.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates