Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS
    #590809 - 10/06/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So it's finally happening, seedlings have been placed into the earth, I have also wired up 2 "Daylight" CFL's with 26 watt equivelent, I am also running a 42 watt equivalent super sized pig tail CFL that is "soft white." These are positioned 4 and 2 inches (respectively)above the tops of the containers.

I wired all three up into a rubbermaid container which will just be allowed 24 hours of light.

They are planted in 20 oz bottles with "Earth Gro" Organic soil mix. It states 80% hummus and 20% manure, the "nute values" are .05-.05-.05 and it was cheap so I figured it would be a good starter for seeds (with relatively no nutes) if nothing else. I have vermiculite and plan to pick up perilite tomorrow to mix in there.

In the near future:

I intend to re do my closets, I've decided to use my bed room closet (as opposed to the spare room's closet). I chose this because it is opposite from the road (nothing but woods for 100 yards behind my house), and I should be able to keep people out considerably easier. Mostly the former though. This will also include lining it with.... something... I might have to get creative, mylar is my first thought, Though I'm open to suggestions.

Find this fabled hydroponics store thats in the middle of nowhere on the outskirts of the city. Than I will pick up some Fox Farm ocean forest, as they do carry it, and 20$ a bag. Not bad. I'm also hoping the have 4 and/or 6 inch plastic square pots.

Buy a hood (or rather hoods) to make use of the two 150watt HPS Bulbs+Ballasts that were given to me. This will be from the same hydroponics store.... I'm still in disbelief about it being there...

Buy some fans; oscilating of course.

Buy a tarp to make as a door for my closet.

In the slightly more distant future:

Buy even more CFL's (BWHAHAHAHHAHA  :evil2: )

Possibly invest in a squirrel cage fan.

Make a carbon filter (I shouldn't have to worry too bad until budding right?)

make a cloning station.

Buy some killer beans

So yeah, thats it for now. I would have had pictures displaying my soil, my lighting setup, my closet, etc. But for some reason its not allowing me to put pictures on the tread at this time. I'll try again later tonight.

Till than, Peace.

Edited by wire5 (10/07/11 11:00 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #591135 - 10/08/11 02:01 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

at 3 weeks old plants will be noticably smelly if your in the same room with them. i wouldn't put the lid on a tub with lights in it. the plants will cook man they need fresh air. and hps

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: aljeezzy]
    #591156 - 10/08/11 08:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The reflector you are using for the big cfl will burn the bulb, happened to me.
I have no carbon filter or even oils burning, growing in a similar closet, and the smell is only noticable in that room. This depends a LOT on your genetics though.

P.S. I am a newb, so I still advise you stock up on Ozium just in case (I did)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #591175 - 10/08/11 11:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome. And to adress the two issues you guys spotted I noticed that myself and have begun taking precautions, I have propped the lid open allowing for much more air exchange :awesomenod: . I also took that silly hood off that ginormous CFL which also seems to be helping.

And thanks for the smell info, my house was built in WWII for either military or science personel to live in while they worked on building the first atomic bomb. As such there is no real ventilation. I shouldn't have to worry too bad about smell leaks than I think. I still intend to build a carbon filter.

I updated the soil and the seeds seem to be breaking earth. I should be going to the Hydro store tomorrow to start the HPS(s) up.

I've decided that I'm going to Screen of Green those gals

I also discovered a local nursery has Farfald(SP) pro potting soil. Any good?

I appreciate the attention and criticisms. I'll update with even more pictures (earth breaking seedlings, one of them is looking really hot) tomorrow. Also going to add a tapestry infront of the tarp that will be the door to my closet.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Edited by wire5 (10/08/11 11:42 PM)

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#591200 - 10/09/11 01:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What are the dimmentions of your closet?
If you use oscalading fans, you will have to replace them w/ an inline fan if you want to use a carbon filter. My advice to u is DONT BUY ANYTHING untill you have a list of EVERYTHING you need.

Also mylar will save you like 3$ over black & white poly, which is recomended.

If this is your first grow, and you just want buds for personal use, you should just buy 2 sockets, and hang the hid's vertically of of the clothes-hanger hanger(lack of a term). you can use b&w polly or mylar on your windows(behind curtains) and keep your closet door open with one regular fan moving the air around for ventelation(dont forget what time of year its about to be). During your first grow you will learn more about what the plants need/want then from reading about growing for years. You will know exactly how to spend your money; dont repeat my mistakes-.-

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591381 - 10/09/11 11:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Day 3

The closet is about 1.5 x 8 x 6 (to the nearest half foot).

Which do you think would be better, It'll probably come out to 6-10(if I'm super lucky) plants that will be screed to fill as much of that space as possible. Would I require an inline+carbon filter, or would some oscilating fan and clever positioning work and smell just not be THAT bad of a problem.

Its my first grow, the intention is that me and my friend are going to grow this; well mostly me. In return for the lights he's given me, as well as using him to run errands and dragging him along on the boring tedious shit, he'll get some nice home grown smoke  :jah: , maybe some cash if I yield enough to warrant trying to move.

I'm confident at least a few of those seeds are of good stock, they came from a big time grower who, when he'd mess up and a male would slip through, sell stuff that had seeds as "middie." A few of them however are from compressed dirt weed.

Also the trip ended up being a bust. But thats ok, because now I've done some much needed thinking about my light set up; and came to the conclusion that I really need to find a good guide on wiring a High Pressure sodium bulb. Or if one could help I would love a very simple rig with hanging bulbs + sockets. I've included pictures, and can provide very good close ups of the fine print as well as any numbers off of them. I'm just clueless when it comes to this (I actually have a roughish idea, I'd just rather not fuck up).

And when you say black&white polly what exactly do you mean, What isle would I find that in a hardware store (or craft store; surprisingly good for stoner stuff)?

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#591421 - 10/10/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wait 6ft high, 8ft wide?
If your closet is 1.5x8ft (12sq ft) then you ether need to section it (keep the other half for that terrarium;) ) or you wont have enough light coverage in some places. All you really need to divide your closet is a stapler and reflective material. Black & white polly is basically like panda film; black on one side, white on the other. It reflects light very well with no hot spots and is pretty thick.
For every sq ft of space you want to have 50+watts of hid light. Those two 150watters would be PERFECT for half of the closet...now that I think about it, you might as well have plants vegging in one half of your closet and flowering in the other since you got the lights for it. The only problem is that the flowering half would have to be sealed off.

50watt is recommended, but I bed you can grow SOMETHING with less then that. If you are growing to learn more then to smoke you should be fine, but if you want some dense frosty nugs you need lots of light.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591433 - 10/10/11 11:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, 8 foot wide includes those inditions (where my terrerium is), however I was probably not going to use that space. I have a feeling it would just be too hard to worth with any plants that far back. I know my lights are too small for my space thats why I intend to get a bunch of very high powered CFL's. Also I discovered 100 watt bulbs at home depot. So if I figure out the wiring thing I think I might invest in another bulb set up. But first I gotta figure out how the hell I'm going to wire this.

That incubator can (and probably will) move. So sectioning it off isn't necassary, apart from decreasing the space I have. And I was honestly thinking straight from the incubator at 6-12 inches and into the flowering chamber.

This time is deffinately about learning. At some point I do intend to make money at it. I also figure if I can get good enough I could also try moving to a green state and try growing for a living :awesomenod:. But that is latter on down the road.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591440 - 10/10/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Did some measuring. The grow space will be 7.5 square feet, which is 40 watts per square foot for nothing but HID. So far I've got 8 good looking plants. Thats just over 1 plant per square foot (Which is what you should strive for in a scrog, GO ME!!!!)

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591538 - 10/11/11 12:15 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Go me!!! So I figured out the ballast+Wiring situation. it kept throwing me off because the ballast was 3 wires shy. Until I dsicovered that it is igniter-less. And unless I can wire 2 lights on one ballast (can I? I doubt it.) than I'm probably going to need to buy another ballast kit. Looks to be 40-80 dollars. Any recomendations on getting one of these? Could I get more bang for my buck if I spent my money else where?

I'm going to nix those two middle ballasts, I finally figured out they were for flourecent tubes.

But at least I know I'm 1 mogul socket, and 1 power cord away from having at least ONE high pressure sodium light running.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (10/11/11 01:51 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #591569 - 10/11/11 07:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like your off to a good start :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you, couldn't wait so I popped my seeds before the room was ready, lol

I'll be watching your thead. GL with the grow matey :wink:

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #591623 - 10/11/11 11:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

U can get a full 400watt system for 120 at htg. Im sure they have a ballast for dirt cheap too. look for htg ballasts though, theyre the cheapest

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#591677 - 10/11/11 07:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

true, paid 110 for my 400w lighting kit incl. shipping

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591700 - 10/11/11 11:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks I really appreciate the attention man. Watching your grow too. How goes your grow room construction by the by?

I would do that but I'm just not sure I can drop that cash. Trying to do small purchases over time. Maybe if my taxes get adjust.... I have highly considered just getting a 400 watt ballast kit from HTG (I'd have to order, there isn't one around me) for the same price (and run my 150 off it for the time being) as my hydro store charges for a 150 ballast  :laugh2:  :laugh2: . Or I might just buy the cheaper 150 watt ballast and spending the money else where.

Would B+W poly be good for making a ghetto hood, or do I have to worry about it melting and catching fire?

Also, my stronger healthier plants have their second leaves coming in!!!!! Pictures to come.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#591705 - 10/12/11 12:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
Thanks I really appreciate the attention man. Watching your grow too. How goes your grow room construction by the by?

I trashed the idea of using the wardrobe, too much work, lol, kinda disappointed after I masacred the shelf in that wardrobe, lol
Picking up a 4x4x7 tent on Friday and gonna setup in there instead

As for your question on the b/w poly, I don't know.
Sorry, hopefully some more experienced grower can chime in..

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (10/12/11 12:21 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591706 - 10/12/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good deal. I originally drew up a sick tent design. I scrapped it because it was too much work compared to my closet.

The person who gave me the lights is on a mission to find the cheapest 150 watt ballast he can; as well as a 5kv mogul socket and some 14 gauge wire with plug and ground. Thank god wiring is in my blood, my dad is an electrical engineer for the national lab LOL. and a 4x4 space? Not bad. I can get close if I utilize my whole closet...

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#591733 - 10/12/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im pretty sure polly would melt on contact w/ an hps. If worst comes to worst I would staple a "ceiling" of it right over your light. Theres some good diy ideas for making a cool tube, which is what I would go for. Any small fan could be turned in an inline fan w/ correct gorilla tape use lol...especially if you re an electrician.

If u dont mind, I have a noob question about shrooms: I have a pf cake that just wont pin. I birthed it and another cake at the same time to the same fc (dunked and rolled together too) and the other one just finished its 1st flush. There are spots of white colonizing the verm but thats it. Do I have bacterial contamination?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#591740 - 10/12/11 09:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've had this happen once before (it was a bag of WBS though). How many days since birth? Whats your FC temp+humidity read outs? A bacterial comtam is usually fairly noticable, causing a pungent smell as well as slimey spots.

I'm not sure why it did it on my bag either, I fixed it by increasing temp a little and giving it some more time. I'm currently working on colonizing a 7lb straw logg :awesomenod:

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#591748 - 10/12/11 09:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
If u dont mind, I have a noob question about shrooms: I have a pf cake that just wont pin. I birthed it and another cake at the same time to the same fc (dunked and rolled together too) and the other one just finished its 1st flush. There are spots of white colonizing the verm but thats it. Do I have bacterial contamination?

Sounds like temp or humidity or a combination of both are too low.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: phrostbyte]
    #591762 - 10/12/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

DAY 5

(this ones soil didn't get switched over, I didn't want to damage it and it was stubborn)

(this one and one I knocked a lamp into before it had sprouted are the only unhealthy looking ones)

Added some aluminum to the back side of my chamber, hope it helps

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #592009 - 10/13/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i'm gonna keep an eye on this.  good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #592075 - 10/13/11 07:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

don't cook um

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: aljeezzy] * 2
    #592085 - 10/13/11 08:28 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think you shouldnt use see through cups

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #592088 - 10/13/11 09:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

good point.  better wrap them up or something.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592096 - 10/13/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i'm gonna keep an eye on this.  good luck!

Thanks good to know I have a trust cultivator watching me blunder along.  :lol:  :lol:

Quote:

aljeezzy said:
don't cook um

Yeah, I've been leaving it less covered when I'm not around.

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
I think you shouldnt use see through cups

Is colored ok. I have mostly green cups, I have one that is brown and 2 that are clear (though one is 75% label anyway).

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592124 - 10/14/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Questions:

Would the weight of a PVC frame + Screen be enough to keep the plants down?

Conversely will I need sticks to hold up my plants, or will the screen be sufficient?

When do you think I should flip (assuming I use 7.5 feet of closet space, if they spill over no bigie), also assuming half are female? 
(side note, if they herm, can you pick the male parts to avoid pollination?)

Lastly, also assuming half are female, whats a realistic goal for dry yield?

Edited by wire5 (10/14/11 01:56 AM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #592154 - 10/14/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Questions:

Would the weight of a PVC frame + Screen be enough to keep the plants down?

Conversely will I need sticks to hold up my plants, or will the screen be sufficient?

Are you talking about for a scrog set up?  if so you should tie the plant down to the screen, being careful not to break any stems.  so it's not like it's the weight of the screen or pvc that are holding the plants down.  nothing should be on top of the plants between them and your light source. 

When do you think I should flip (assuming I use 7.5 feet of closet space, if they spill over no bigie), also assuming half are female? 
(side note, if they herm, can you pick the male parts to avoid pollination?)

If you have a herm'd plant you should pick it immediately.  Don't let what happened to me last time happen to you.  I tried to pick off all the pollen sacs i saw and then ended up with a TON of seeds in every plant.  it sucked sooo hard.  The fact is that some stamen (male pollen sacs) are so small and wedged in between calyxs so tightly that it's near impossible to pick them all off.  so imo, better to either cull the plant or move it to another area that wont allow pollen transfer.  i'm not sure what you mean by 'flip'. 

Lastly, also assuming half are female, whats a realistic goal for dry yield?

no idea, we'll find out shortly.  My last grow was 800 watts with 7 plants and i pulled out about 15 ozs, dry.  good luck!

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592160 - 10/14/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I intend to do a ScrOG. Tying should be done with plastic twist ties right?

So I don't have to worry about a super vigorous plant moving my screen up if I were to hang it from that bar? Or would I need to tie the screen down or weight it in order to prevent this?

By flip I mean switch it from my 24 hour set up to 12/12. Sorry was really high and kinda drunk when I wrote this.  :beer:  :bonghit:

Would the smoke from a herm be worth making an extra space to continue the flowering? Just a cheap CFL rig if they start to turn of course.

I'd be happy with 3-4 oz, at 5 I would be quite pleased, and anything over 8 I would be ecstatic about  :dancer:  :awedance:  :discodance:.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #592175 - 10/14/11 02:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

oh i see, you might.  a lot of growing is trial and error (when there's room for error! :lol:).  I would do as little as possible until it becomes clear that something else needs to be done.  If the plants do move the screen it'll be small and incremental changes that I doubt would be too big of a problem to correct.  i usually see people letting their plants get to the third node before making the switch to 12hrs.  But it depends on your strains and environment too.  and yeah, twist ties work well. 

Also, don't ask yourself if the smoke from a herm would be worth it.  Ask yourself if having all your hard work gone to waste is worth it.  When a plant goes hermie it diverts its energy and resources into first, making that stamen, then secondly, toward making seeds from the pollen that is received by the calyx's.  So all the energy that the plant could be using to produce more mass and potency is lost.  Plus, if you really want to get nerdy about it, one could argue that we don't need those seeds that are produced put into the world genetic cannabis pool.  they should be eaten or used another way, but definitely not grown, or better yet, avoided all together.  sorry, i'll step off the soapbox now.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592242 - 10/15/11 12:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The smoke really that poor that it isn't worth the energy to do it? I was talking about getting one super sized CFL per hermie; to just let them finish under. I have a spare room I could just throw them in. No biggie.

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#592249 - 10/15/11 02:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

you could do it.... the smokes fine.  Just a risk of getting seeds in your other plants is what there concerned about.  I would suggest cut off any male parts you see.  Don't let that pollen spread.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#592323 - 10/15/11 10:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
you could do it.... the smokes fine.  Just a risk of getting seeds in your other plants is what there concerned about.  I would suggest cut off any male parts you see.  Don't let that pollen spread.

No offence, but im pretty sure someone did an expiriment to see if that was possible and failed. I remember he cut off all side branches and pruned the coala every day, but still got seeds.
Theres no way to not let the pollen spread. It's too small to see, and it might pollinate your next grow too.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592335 - 10/16/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Day 9

Ok so today was over all successful; though me and my friend ran into a few snags. Unfortunately this means I'll probably just go it alone to the hydroponic store to get Fox Farm, pots, mogul sockets, 12 gauge wire w/ plug, maybe something else that piques my fancy. I did find the place and ironically I have passed it thousands (and I'm almost not kidding) of times before. Even more funny is that every time I saw it I wondered what the hell it was. I thought it was a sun tan place, all the sign says is A.H.G. with 2 palm trees. :laugh2:

(Family portrait, the one on the bottom had a light fall into it before it had sprouted... I don't think it'll make it )

Despite discovering none of the local hardware stores sells either cheap plastic pots, or mogul sockets  :mad2:  (or even the effing cord w/ socket attach) I did however find something. Shultz all purpose. Its a water based fertilizer with 10-15-10 labeled on the front. It was only like 4 bucks after tax so I figured what the hell  :biggrin: . On our way out my friend stumbled upon Alaskan Fish Fertilizer (5-1-1 on the label). SO of course we got some of that.

(Today's haul, the tarp will be my new closet door, and now I can stop shedding in my grow box LOL. )

Than just to bore you I went to a friends birthday party, sat around drank and smoked and cooked dogs and marshmallows on a fire. Picked up and split an 1/8th of some good bud.

(my prime girls[I hope...])

Questions:

Alright, so if I'm not mistaken hermies aren't really that worth trying to save? Are they even worth hanging up to dry and using to make hash? Or should I just cut my loses and work on getting them down the toliete LOL. I got plenty of cardboard boxes and news paper I figured I'd throwem in with.

Seeing as on monday I will have fertilizer with nutrients in them. And I currently have water soluble nutrients when I should I start this regiment for the plants?

(This guy won't leave his furrow in the ground, hope its ok...)

Speaking of things I'm getting from the AHG what sized pots should I get. I was almost thinking 1 gal bags?

(Sorry angle makes the reading off, its 6.5 all the pots are at 6.5-7)

Lastly do you think that tarp will be enough of a light barrier (I will probably put velcro around the edge to help seal it a bit?

Alright, well I hope you enjoyed my official day 9 update. I can't believe its already been 9 days LOL. Until next time  :peace:  :peace:  :peace:  :peace:  :peace:

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#592415 - 10/16/11 12:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im confused, is your question about hermies hypothetical? You dont need to dry to make hash, but if a hermie plant already has buds w/ trichs, it probably has mature male flowers (Males mature faster) too

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592424 - 10/16/11 01:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dimo114 said:
Im confused, is your question about hermies hypothetical? You dont need to dry to make hash, but if a hermie plant already has buds w/ trichs, it probably has mature male flowers (Males mature faster) too

Ok, so I'll probably just see the male parts first than, and have had already cut them down right?

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#592437 - 10/16/11 02:21 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If it is genetically a hermie, yes.
But a female can be stressed into herming(even tho thats not a word lol) any time as I understand.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#592593 - 10/17/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

How much was your soil master? I've been thinking about getting one myself. Are they any good?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592645 - 10/18/11 12:53 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It was 10 bucks. I'm not quite sure how much I trust it. It says the top layer of soil is right on and the bottom layer is too alkaline... Sooooo...

Also I went down to the hydroponic store today (and again tomorrow for the lamp asembly, they don't have the pieces). I picked up 9 pots and 5 trays and my Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. Think I'll transplant them tomorrow when I can get lights going :awesomenod:

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#592646 - 10/18/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Lols I might still get one. I really want it for the moisture meter as I still haven't learnt how to tell when my plants get thirsty.
How's the moisture meter perform?
Also, did u get it from eBay? Or hydro shop?

Cheers
MagickZ

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592648 - 10/18/11 01:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I got mine at a home depot. And as far as using the the moisture metere I dunno never really given it a good test. I just have a schedual. I used the finger method and after that I learned how how fast it would dry. Every third day I start to check. I also noticed that the collective puddle (which has begun to turn to muck  :awedisgust:  ) drys at the same rate as the pots generally LOL.

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#592725 - 10/18/11 08:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Lols I might still get one. I really want it for the moisture meter as I still haven't learnt how to tell when my plants get thirsty.
How's the moisture meter perform?
Also, did u get it from eBay? Or hydro shop?

Cheers
MagickZ

I picked one up from ebay for $3.80  came from hong kong and took 3 weeks to get.  Then I decided to go hydro.  Make a good stir stick now...  lol

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592766 - 10/19/11 01:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Day 12

So after going to the hydroponic store and picking up a lamp kit I came home to discover to my chagrin that it was the wrong socket type (stupid digital ballasts :lol:), after an extra trip to home depot I remedied this problem. After another 30 minutes of wiring I had the thing glowing like a candle. Unfortunately I spent the last of my funds getting the socket assembly (or until friday).

After I got back from work I decided to string everything up just to see how it looked. Afterwards I decided to run it for a while to see how it seemed. After about an hour I touched the ballast; not smart. Burnt my finger. I soon decided it best to figure out a good housing option before I run it more full time.

I decided to put the plants into their new pots with their new soil. Their old soil was feeling kinda ookey. After an hour or two I had all the plants repotted and positioned in their new home. Another 30 minutes or so and I had all the lights going for a few pictures. I let everything cool down removed the HPS (see above) and watered my little guys and gals.

Also, I fucked up the pictures while uploading. So they'll be here tomorrow or later tonight.

*Update*

Ok, so now instead of trying to have the ballast near the bulb I moved it toward the plug end. I than placed the Ballast and capacitor in a deep pan than placed it on a short box. I than strang my HPS up about a foot (give or take 2 inches) above the pots.

These were just the best two pictures, Most the others look the same give or take a couple days growth, one of them has some minor burn damage, this new open air thing should be better, I figured I wouldn't bore you with 9 pictures of baby pot.

Also, Mary Jane is making me sleep on the couch. Its amazing what women can do, especially when they are as bright as her.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (10/20/11 01:04 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592917 - 10/19/11 10:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so moved my HPS to about 6-8 inches from the top of the nearest plant. I was able to put my hand under it with no discernible difference from the air around it. So basically now my giant pig tail HPS are on the same plane. Also in an effort to try to make a hood I wrapped some aluminum around the top of the lamp assembly.

Also I can't believe how much more awesome this soil is. So much looser and fluffier. Holds water much differently though. Gonna take some getting used to. Think I'm going to use the moisture meter until I can get a better idea.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (10/19/11 10:57 PM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#592968 - 10/20/11 05:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Nice. Our plants look to be at the same development level.
My plants are older, but are delayed compared to yours from spending its first 2 weeks outdoors.

Let me know how well the moisture meter works. I've been thinking about getting one.

Cheers
MagickZ

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#592993 - 10/20/11 10:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It seems to work fairly well. I ran a test where I dried some soil to the bone and basically made mud in two seperate cups. It seemed to read the two as vastly different, Though it seemed to favor the center (The dry cup read a little wetter than what I would have rated and the wet was a little drier than what I would have called it).

Two things I would suggest if you get one of these: Read the instuctions on how deep to insert it for PH vs. Moisture (it does seem to make a difference). Also I tested mine against some soil straight from the bag, than instead of waiting for it to get all the way dry (on the meter) I just wait until it goes to where the other soil is.

Yeah man been watching your grow a lot. I'm actually basically doing a side by side comparison, because apart from the genetics (and the way you started) there seem to be a lot of similarities in space, wattage, etc. I'd say with the extra 100 watts you should pull ahead; but all my lights are so close, and still feel fine on heat so I dunno. It seems like everytime I check the little boogers they've grown, I usually check them 2 times a day once when I wake up (between 10AM-12PM) and once when I get home from work (usually 12:30ish AM).

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#593580 - 10/23/11 01:57 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I seem to check on them alot more often everytime I change something.
Since being put in the tent I check on them many times a day, as if I'm trying to catch the instant they grow lol
After a week or two when the novelty wares off I'll check on em once every day or two.

How are your mushrooms coming along?

I placed an order last week and now I'm waiting for them to be delivered. Tasmanian psilocybe cubes. I've got a copy of lets grow mushrooms and its looks heaps complicated, lols
I can't get a syringe past Aussie customs so I had to settle with a spore-print.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (10/23/11 01:58 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#593658 - 10/23/11 12:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I check as often as I can. Because of work thats the most I can check. But I look in on them multiple times during the times I can.

Mushrooms are much harder to start but once you get them going they are easy peasy (sit and watch the white stuff take over the other colored stuff (substrate)). The biggest thing is to get a pressure cooker or something to sterilize everything with.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#593677 - 10/23/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

DAY 16

So this weekend has been pretty good. Much less running helter and skelter. Picked up an oz of some really good mids suprising though that may sound. I got paid on friday (yay having more than 20 dollars to my name). Found out that my friend who taught me to grow (and including me 1 of 4 who know about what I'm doing) got his job in AZ so he can go back to growing.

Just this morning I gave them their first fertilizer watering. On the first two plants I accedently gave them 2 tbspoons, instead of 2 teaspoons, but thankfully I realized what I did before I finished watering the second plant. I imediately poured plain PH'ed 7 water until the pots ran off a little. Hope it doesn't hurt the little gals.

The runt has taken off, the one that was burning a tad stopped and is recovering nicely. All the leaves are brilliant and perky. I'm even being able to start telling which are heavey indica and which are heavy sativa. They are growing so fast now that the 4th node is barely up and its already working on its 5th.

I've constructed a roudementry hood for all of the lights except the one on the wall (that fucker fell so many times too... Most obnoxious light ever).  I can also scratch fan  off my list, work gave me one free. Well actually it was the guy who gave me the lights, but he just picked it up before me because he left before I did. They were redoing a bunch of stuff and giving away all kinds of fans, crummy desk chairs, and desk drawers LOL.

Questions

Any ideas on a better hood? Mine is just aluminum made into a hood shape xP.

What should I look for on the two plants that I over nutrified, incase I did fuck up (it is just the fish fert that I fucked up, nothing else)?

Quad tap ballast means it can recieve the four standard inputs, not have 4 outputs right?

Any tips for paranoia and stress? Its not too bad for the most part. But if I'm sitting for too long undistracted it can be.

Besides B+W poly and Mylar what else is kind of like those two that will work well? Just wanting to keep my options open.

How long do you guys think I should wait to flip to flowering. I was thinking at about 6-12 inches. I'd ideally like some x-mas/new years bud.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#593890 - 10/24/11 11:25 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So I put my tarp door up for my closet. I hope they don't get too hot. I'm sick and tired of sleeping on the couch. Also it doesn't seem to be entirely light proof. actually it was a little less than I was hoping. I was going to go down to the head store to get a tapestry to cover it. The fan I got (as I just got it) was a standing fan with the stand kind of broken. So I just laid it on its side at one end of the closet. seems to work just fine. Hope it doesn't blow the plants too much; I have it on the lowest setting and it still seems kind of fast. My fan actually forced me to remove my "hood." this is a good thing because now I have to actually come up with something  :thinker:  better, and more perminate. Or I could just cover it all in mylar or B+W poly LOL.

I would also like to call BS on my fish fertilizer being deoderized.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (10/24/11 11:27 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#594045 - 10/25/11 01:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Holy crap, it's soo incredible how quick those boogers grow. I figured out my fan situation. I put it up right and even though its blowing like 2-3 feet over the plants its powerfull enough that the plants seem to be getting a nice breeze from the down draft. Think I might go down to the hydroponic store and get some nutes and inquire about panda film.

Also I was thinking positioning the screen about 8 inches maybe 10, any opinions. What make good screens? Do they make plastic chicken wire?

I also began the war on dirt in my house. I'm making a conscious effort to get rid of my clutterous ways. I began this morning and as a result was able to get my tarp door up and, also my fan is running smooth. Which means wire gets to sleep in a proper bed tonight; fuck yes!!!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#594165 - 10/25/11 11:58 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Day 19

Still marveling as some of the plants have leaves that will double in the course of getting to check them (10 hours apart). I've since added 4 more 26 watt CFL so woot, an extra 100 watts (I had to get socket splitters to do this). Home depot must have had important company or a slow day, everyone was super (Maybe even over) helpful. I'm not going to bore you with a bunch a drivel. And it's been an irksome day but I've grinned an bared it; but now I just want to smoke. As such it will mostly be a picture update, as well as a brief synopsis of the worst.

I noticed one of my leaves seemed super curly, not going to panic yet (just one on the plant and it IS water day). Another seems to have some burn damage I didn't notice before, its odd its like there are a couple brown spots and it seems darker green towards the tips that are burnt. Mind you only the bottom two leaves look like this, so again no panicking. A third had a couple holes in the leafs. Didn't look like a bug chewed them and it was one leaf. Just keeping my eyes PEELED.

Hope you enjoyed. Also Taking requests on which ladies to feature next time. You can just tell me which pot in correlation to which picture, or 1-10 (#3 is dead). 

:bonghit::bonghit::bonghit::peace:

--------------------

OfflineHerbalist
Grower/Dealer/Friend
Male

Loc: Southeast US Flag
    #594371 - 10/27/11 10:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:congrats: well done, keep it up!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Herbalist]
    #594379 - 10/27/11 11:59 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So I discovered the source of my holes. Saddly this cost me half of a ring finger leaf; but as a double edge sword I don't think it will be a problem anymore :lol:. Turns out my cat (pictured left) stole away into my garden when I had my back turned and decided to first play with (minor tearing) than attempt to eat a plant, she didn't go at it very long as most of it looks like it got spat up. And she only got half of one of the bigger leaflets.

Trying not to stress about last updates irksomness continue to get to me... Not doing well at it however. At least I can continue to look forward to my garden.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#594682 - 10/29/11 09:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You need to get that cat some catnip, lol
Cheeky buggers just trying to get a buzz if you ask me, haha
Theyre coming along nicely though.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#594801 - 10/31/11 01:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Day 25

So yeah, plants are chugging right along. Despite the piss poor week for me and my plants. However since this is the growery and not the bitchery I'll keep it strictly limited to why there week sucked (mostly the weekend too.)

So for starters the cat nomed on on bit of my leaf. And actually @Magic, a friend gave me some catnip (he doesn't know about any of this the timing was just perfect and he just had some extra) before I could read your post. Sadly she doesn't seem to akin to it. After another day from that I gave them some fish fertilizer. Fast forward another day and tragedy struck. A light, the one on the back wall, fell into the forest floor on friday evening!

(cat chewed)

(healthy roots to balance the good and bad)

Thankfully it seemed to cause little damage to the pot it landed in; it mealy ruffled the leaves and dried them out a bit. The plants next to it however suffered a worse fate. One of them suffered some burning on one fan leaflet, the effected area was removed with a sterile blade. Also the top new growth (terminal bud) of another was effected pretty badly; on that one alone I decide now was as good a time as any to top. The light having fell seemed to have dried them out a little faster as they started looking kind of wiltty on saturday. I've since given them water which seems to be to everyone appreciation.

Also the plant pictured middle right was constantly looking kind of wilted on one side and perfect on the other. My only guess is that its directly under the HPS so its starting to wilt a little quicker. I've raised the HPS as well as the back wall and box daylight CFL's, as the plants were starting to grow around them a little too much.. All of the afore mentioned were raised by about 2 inches. Which means only the 2 hanging CFL's remain in place. I hope to hang that new double set on the right hand side.

(these two are of the one I said would look wilty on one side, I've long held it as one of the unhealthier (naturally) plants, though not the shortest/smallest)

I hope to have everything set up and have them switched over to a 12/12  by the end of next week. All I'm missing is some B+W poly/mylar/another tarp, a screen, some plant food, and ideally pot holders for each pot. Next friday is payday so hopefully shortly after than I'll be able to get the necassary items. Also the guy who gave me the lights is going to order another ballast on payday.

(I took this picture horizontally and verticlly, couldn't make up my mind which to use so I flipped a coin).

Hope you enjoy the pictures. Sorry if there are a lot. I'm a total shtuterbug and this is actually helping respark my intrest in it a little (I lost over 5k images and just stopped doing it out of annoyance). Just wait till harvest, I can make even shitty bud look like :homerdrool:, though I hope I don't have to.

Edited by wire5 (10/31/11 01:16 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#594830 - 10/31/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Geez they've really taken off.
Some of them are looking a little worse for ware though. That's why my pets don't get free roaming privileges in my grow room.
But then again I'm not growing in my bedroom, so I understand.

Switching to 12/12 so soon, seems like yesterday we just started our threads lol. I'm probably gonna veg my ones for 2 weeks - a month more. I figure that the nute deficiency stunted them for about a week, lol, but they are growing heaps each day now :smile:

What nutes will you be using for bloom? If you want to keep it organic, I've got a feeding schedule using Fish Emulsion and other organic ferts.

Let me know if you want it, and I'll send it to ya.
I'm gonna go all organic, for a nicer smoke for myself.
One plant which I'm growing for a mate, will be using Dutch Master nutes. Will be good experiment to compare similar sized plants and the final result I think.

Cheers
MagickZ

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (10/31/11 10:46 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#594831 - 10/31/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would love to see your nute schedual if you're willing to share it. I was honestly going to go down to the hydro store and see what they had. I was probably going to shuffle around for a half hour staring at bottles. I have a bit of a mental list already, flornova, and fox farm, but thats just because those are the most common two. I'd love any additional input, And being t total hippie means I <3 organic things.

And honestly only one plant was the cats fault. So unless we want to blame the ghost which seems to fuck with stuff in my apartment once every few months than the light falling was bad luck. The cat was curled up in the kitchen when that happened. Honestly now it seems like she completely ignores the thing; or if I'm working on it she will jump on my back or lay somewhere and watch me. She barely even so much as sniffs the plants.

Well I was also thinking about waiting till the end of next week too. But idealy I'd like them flowering by 11/11/11. But a lot of this depends on how quick I can set shit up.

Thanks a ton,
wire

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#594832 - 10/31/11 11:09 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Here's a really good thread, which lists the feeding schedules for a big bunch of different nutes.
I found it helpful to have, knowing that if I decide to go with a certain brand, I won't have to buy it all at once if I plan according to these schedules.

Organic is halfway down the middle. It's basically just Fish Emulsion and Kelp fertilizer. Be good for  people on a budget too as they're hella cheap.

Anyways, be sure to update on what nutes you use and how it works out for you. If I like what I see I may just copy you, lol

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (10/31/11 11:11 AM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#594834 - 10/31/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Definitively will do mate. Damn, after reading that I can't wait for friday to go down and explore. And that article adressed my biggest concern about FF+kelp is that you will run low on micro nutrients (iron, calcium, magnesium, etc). Like I said can't wait to explore my options.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595347 - 11/02/11 11:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I dunno if anyone still cares or is reading this. But I like to go back and check things out. That being said, mini update time!

So today was a good day, I dragged my ass out of bed, went down to the hydro store and made two purchases. I bought some B+W panda film, and a PH test kit. I opted to buying a PH kit instead of nutrients because A) I get paid on friday and wouldnt use the nutrients until friday at very least anyway. B) I suspected a PH problem I was right, my run off was like a high 5 (5.5-5.8). I watered the plants again and tested the run off and it was 6.3(ish) the second watering. I guess it was a mini flush? I don't know.

Anyway, I finished hanging some of the BW poly and I'm kinda proud. So thats why I'm here. My door looks pretty spiffy if I do say so myself. Just throw some velcro on there and it should be good as gold!

I cannot wait till harvest. Even if its dirt weed it won't be pressed into the McBrick Nugget.

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #595348 - 11/02/11 11:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Stoneth]
    #595352 - 11/03/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dont see why it would be dirt weed, but unless I missed something, u have a long way to go till harvest :o
Gj so far tho
:thumbup:

And, yes, im watching :megusta:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595359 - 11/03/11 12:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not too afraid of getting dirt weed; unless I really fuck up :lol:, though admittedly I doubt it.

Yeah, I probably won't have harvest until after new years sadly. Though luckily I should be going to visit family and snowboarding in the Rockies from the 23-1st or 2nd. So that will eat up a good week.

Thanks for the complements guys. I get paranoid that I get over zealous with pictures and I don't care for my writing, it tends to be discombobulated. I blew at English class.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595757 - 11/05/11 02:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank god for payday. I got my door hung perminately, no more duct tape there. I implemented the screen, so now lights have their "real homes" so got rid of more duct tape. Soo over all good day

Pros for the day:
Panda film tarp door complete
Screen built and hung
Lights repositioned
Plants rearranged
I now consider my grow room "complete" but not finished.
My plants will begin 12/12 within the next few days!!!!

Cons:
I still don't have plastic on the back wall.
I sliced fingers open twice
Burnt my another finger on an HPS light
My house looks like a duck tape, leftover tags,and wrapper tornado alley.
I'm surprisingly sober
I doubt my friend has ordered that HPS ballast kit yet.
My weed connect for dirt cheap weed has quit smoking temporarily.

I'll do a better update with pictures and everything when I switch them over to 12/12. I'll be honest. I barely felt like doing this much. But I knew I'd want to know when I started them on the screen. As well as the other changes. 

Until than :peace: :happyheart:  :happyweed:  (peace love and happiness)

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595767 - 11/05/11 02:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Cant wait for the pics!:popcorn:

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595886 - 11/06/11 02:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

DAY 31!!!! Day 1 Flower!

So if you haven't guessed I set my timer. So here at 1:30 in the afternoon it should kick off. I thought my ass off about when to run the lights but I decided on 1:30 at night for on and 1:30 in the afternoon for off.

All the plants are looking super healthy and vibrant now. I think they like all the extra humidity the new set up provides. Not to mention I can actually check the PH of my fertilizer before I give it to them. On the note of fertilizer, I can't make up my mind on what method to go. If I do the Kelp+Fish Fert (and micro nutes)

I've hung my screen 6 inches from my pot pot tops (so 7 from soil?), the holes were originally 1/2"x1" but I cut them to make them 1"x2". 3 lights are hanging spread equally apart and 2 lights are on the ground point up also equally spread.

Now let me inundate you with even more pictures.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#595887 - 11/06/11 03:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good wire!
Let us know how the scrog works out for you. Im definitely gonna scrog my tent.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595931 - 11/06/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So far my plants are like "Eh whatever man, we'll jut grow sideways"

Here within the next hour and 15 minutes my lights should be flicking off for the first time. :awedance:

Now that my grow room is complete(ish) I should probably work on cleaning my house...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#595948 - 11/06/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So a few hours ago my plants went into their very first dark cycle.

:congrats: to them. Hope they do all right.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/06/11 01:38 PM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596012 - 11/07/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So the lights have been on for an hour and a half now. All of the girls/guys look super awesome with giant happy fan leaves :happyweed:... Except one. Second from the left on the wall side (also the one that was double pictured) was all bent over and looking super depressed. So I decided to finger test my plants soil (having decided not to lift them again for any reason if help able) and to my dismay found them all very dry. I damn near chucked my meter across the room. But I live in a duplex (Doors are on opposite sides and there are no holes or vents from one side to the other :awesomenod:) and wouldn't want to cause any call for alarm.

So I decided to water and feed them. After testing a few times, spilling the PH up, and having a few leaking bags (I will get more trays tomorrow after I clean and go to walmart) I managed to get all the plants watered and fed with more fish fertilizer. They all received 2/3-3/4 gal of water with 1 tbs or was it tsp.... I can't remember now and don't desire looking. It was what was on the directions though. I followed the instructions for a 1/2 gal and PH'd the first as well as 2 random buckets. As well as the run off of 2 untested plants. (so 5 plants got tested for pH) only one was off. It was too alkaline but not by much.

I'm going to try to whip myself into cleaning as well as going to walmart tomorrow.I need to score some scissors, plastic twist ties (TBH the screen works fairly well), yeast and sugar (any good guides; if not I got something in mind), and I'm thinking about making a batch of special brownies to sell as well so coconut oil and brownie mix. I want to do this so I can afford to pay rent, have weed, and buy TES V: Skyrim on friday.

How soon should I start to notice male/female parts? Anyone have a good picture of the differences between the two in early stages? I've got a keen eye (go mushroom hunting) if I know what I'm looking for.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/07/11 02:02 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596032 - 11/07/11 04:36 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think you'll be able to tell sex straight away, but you are looking for the plants that develop the hairs for females. Males have balls lol

If you have a look at all the "Sexing Help" threads there are many good examples of the difference between males, females and hermies.

GL with it :laugh:
MagickZx

--------------------

Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Astro-Biologist
Male
    #596038 - 11/07/11 06:19 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thats about the same setup I plan to run...nice. :popcorn:

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #596058 - 11/07/11 10:29 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ime brownies are nice fresh, but they become brittle and the taste changes in about 2 days. I would go w/ choclates. you can store then in the freezer for a long time+you dont have to heat your cannabutter/oil to like 175F (like you do when making brownies).
Just melt a few choclate bars, throw the butter in and mix for a while. 1/4 ratio of cannabutter:chocolate worked perfect for me. I used an ice tray to shape them at first, then got mini-cupcake pans. oh and you can add peanut butter Hershey's kisses to some before you stick them in the fridge; some people love the taste of canna in their butter, while others make a face like they're eating shrooms-.- peanut butter makes it taste like bootleg reces cups lol...

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596144 - 11/08/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Some of my plants are begining to show their true colors I think. I THINK I'm starting to notice 2 with claw like preflowers pointing up. GOing to give them 12 hours to be sure.... On the plus side I think I notice a few female preflowers, But again I don't want to say quite so early

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596145 - 11/08/11 01:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Good luck mate. Sending some feminine vibes your way so they can all hopefully be female  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596168 - 11/08/11 09:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Good luck mate. Sending some feminine vibes your way so they can all hopefully be female  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:  :female2:  :dancer:

Hahah, thanks I needed that. I'm so paranoid that they will all be males or herms or something....

This is the same plant twice mind you. I've got two that look more femmy and one I'm not sure about.
I'm thinking its still too early to tell?

Also my friend did order the ballast (and everything else I told him too so I dont have to hunt [mogul socket etc]) I was getting paranoid about it being a heat issue. Because as it was (while running 24/7) heat would have become a problem with any more equipment involved. However with it turning off for 12 hours it doesn't seem to get bad at all, about what I've had them at for the last while which is just above "room tempurature" (set for 73, but I have a crummy window unit so I have a feeling my room temp is like 63 and my plants are at 75-80)

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/08/11 09:50 AM)

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#596241 - 11/08/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I would wait a little bit but that pic is prolly a male :boo:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #596319 - 11/09/11 04:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Looking good I'm on day 4 of my grow and can't wait to be in flowering...

How high did you put the screen above your plants and how wide are the gaps in your screen?

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #596369 - 11/09/11 10:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My screen is measured roughly 7 or 8 inches above the soil. My gaps were originally 1/2"x1" (approx) but I cut them to make it 1"x2"

Good luck mushroom man. Home it works out as nice for you as it did me.

Although I'm uber paranoid that I screwed somethng up and they will all herm or something.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

#596380 - 11/09/11 11:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I am sure it will come out great!

Have you used that small of net before without having any issues?  (To my understanding the standard is to use 2x3 or 2x2 or 3x3 holes in a net)

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596385 - 11/10/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Right now it seems fine. If it becomes a problem I will probably just cut the holes bigger, (making the 1.5x2 2x2 2x3... and so on.).

To be fair the holes were actually a smidge bigger than 1/2" x 1" That was just the easiest round since I had no ruler/measure tape.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596450 - 11/10/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've been checking each plant thoroughly & I hate it. Not the checking part. No thats fun and cool. But the Moving them around so much.

Its like they start to get used to the screen than I move them. 60% of the time I get them back correctly no problem. But there have been a few torn leaves, And a couple snapped stems in the process sadly. Nor do I always remember how to get them back ok.

That being said, I've only noticed 2 that seem male-ish. The rest are indecisive or look more female-y.

I think I'll do pictures tonight when the lights come on. If I can be bothered from skyrim for that long.

Also I talked to my landlord. Told him a partial truth. Told him I can't pay him (in full) because I needed a new phone (Which is true). He is cool with it because I always pay my rent on time and in cash.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596670 - 11/12/11 02:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've decided after checking my plants again... Today.... That I am A) Better at growing MJ than I expected and B) worse than i.ding male vs female preflowers :shrug:

I swear to god they are fucking taunting me.

Dangerously low on the bud situation. Its really hard to get anything without a cell phone. I just got a little nug from a friend to try and hold me over. XD

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596674 - 11/12/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lols patience my friend. I think its probably not a good idea moving them once they are starting to grow around the screen. But then again what do i know. I've never grown mj before, let alone scrogged. Just something i read somewhere.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#596684 - 11/12/11 09:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The hairs are pretty hard to miss. You will know what to do when time comes @_@lol.
The down side of seeing hairs, is that the ones that dont have hairs at that time are most likely male, since males mature faster then females...it's always the healthyest ones too ;(

I tried to figure this out on my own but I guess im too high atm; How old are your plants, and whats the lighting schedule? Seems way too early if theyre still vegging.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#596998 - 11/15/11 05:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just thought I'd pop in and see how the scrog is coming along?
My plants are finally at the stage where they are ready to start training, and I'm not sure if I should give the scrog a go, or just LST them. How are you finding it?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597020 - 11/15/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, the new Elder Scrolls game stole my soul. My transmission doesn't work. Oh and turns out I'm being sued for something I didn't even do. I was going to feed and update, but those latter two things happened. Not to mention I've been stuck in the "low weed" position for a minute. Now I just feel like I've been to hell and back.

I love the screen, I think its really a wonderfful tool. I'm thinking about raising it a little bit though.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597023 - 11/15/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597029 - 11/15/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

First pic is 100% a male. He looks like hes about to pop his sacks (ouch) too.
Second is looking like male also :frown: Third pic is kinda unclear

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597034 - 11/15/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its a mother fucking sausage fest in there!!!!!!!!!!

That being said I think I'm 5 to 4 male to female. Maybe more on the male side. My guess is some of those were probably unstable :awedisgust:

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

#597038 - 11/15/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bummer

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597119 - 11/16/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm carless... *sigh*

I chopped 5 of my plants.... *sigh*  ^ ^ ^

Got some bud, woot.

Since I've got no car (and I doubt I will for at least a week or two). I'm going to hold off on renewing my car insrance, woot.

The people trying to sue me are trying to claim this "rogue wire" caused almost $2,000... LoL right... for "traumatic experiances" ? And what else, I was born yesterday with the word gullible tatooed on my forehead...? Stupid people.

Chilie Cheese Baked Potato, WOOT!!!

For sitting through my rants raves I give to you beavers . And pre-execution shots. Not as many as I like turned out.... Turns out I'm stonier than I thought.

(2 of them still cant tell, But seeing as they aren't flushed with balls I can only assume female0

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597538 - 11/19/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think another one in the grow room is going to be a male.... I'm freaking out thinking I'm causing them to herm. But than I remind myself that none of the ones I cut down thus far had any female parts... Unstable genetics/bad luck I guess?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #597671 - 11/20/11 07:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Check for light leaks, if theres no light leaks its probably just the bagseed genetics.

Not to say that bagseed is bad. Just that you never know, ya know?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: RasJeph]
    #597697 - 11/20/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Check for light leaks, if theres no light leaks its probably just the bagseed genetics.

Not to say that bagseed is bad. Just that you never know, ya know?

wouldnt it be better to use seeds from a bag of shwag then a bag of dank?
Idk, it just seems that if it is really good bud, it should be a hermie. I mean, commercial growers are deff good at sexing plants, so why would there ever be a mature male present? Just something I've always wondered.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: RasJeph]
    #597701 - 11/20/11 11:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I checked that. I think if that were the case my females would show male parts as well? And wouldn't some of my males so some hairs as well as balls? I think I just got unlucky. Or at least I hope thats the case. I'd hate to have gone this far just to have my work ruined by something that stupid....

I went in there before I started them on 12/12 and it was no more bright than a full moon if even. I think I'll jump in there right as it turns off here in a minute to check again.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597703 - 11/20/11 11:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just emerged from my garden as my lights went out. After the HPS bulb died off I wasn't able to see jack shit. There were a couple very very small light leaks on the edge as well as the one from where I tried to pull the plastic behind me while squeezing my ass into that closet. But even with the big one from where I couldn't close it all the way behind me (from the inside) it was still far less light than the moon puts off. If I could find a way to close it from the inside I would feel confident in the ability to develop pictures in there.

After looking over them all again (even the chopped ones) I really don't think they hermed up. My final call is going to be 3 female and 6 male. One of them is STILL indeterminate but I'm almost positive its female, it has just one little bud looking thing, just no hair.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597713 - 11/20/11 02:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A plant can develop hermie flowers at any time durring flowering, but I dont think you have to worry about that. I was just wondering how high grade weed can have seeds unless its a hermie.

I usually see hairs before the bud looking thing though;(  picture?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597802 - 11/21/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I just inspected the plant that I was unsure about. Turns out it is female  :awebig:

(the cola of plant #1)

(the newly discovered hairs of the mystery plant)

My weekend (namely yesterday night) was really good considering the rest of the week. I was very hedonistic; my gay friend (just a friend) took me to a play called "Deadstock" that he got 2 free tickets for. Afterwards I went to a cast party and drank a few beers and had a few shots, Than bowls and joints got passed around all at once, 3 or 4 bowls, a bong, and a few joints filled with all kinds of goods. After an hour of this I started talking to a really cool lesbian chick and her friend with huge hair. We ended up talking about how we only do natural things (LSD aside). After a moment of this she asks me to hold out my hand. At which point she dumps a couple grams of powdered shrooms out. I wash this down with some black kraken. Chatted for a bit than the party died down my friend drove me home and I just sat around listened to music and  :trippinbawelz: for a bit. I totally needed that after the shit I've been through.

Sorry if I ramble about personal shit sometimes. I figure my pictures will speak well enough about my plants condition. Especially since I've had very few snags. I ramble because It gives me a chance to rant, rave, and relax a bit before bed. That and it fills the post with something other than "OMG new node site?!?!"

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/21/11 12:57 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598038 - 11/22/11 03:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a great night. Its a pity you had so many males, but 3 females are better than 2 :smile: or none :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598173 - 11/23/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh man it was, I paid for it with the inability to accomplish jack shit the next day.

Yeah, it is a shame. But when I started this I was only shooting for 2 or 3 plants. It wasn't until later when I saw how well they were doing that I decided I might want to keep more.

I expected half of my plants to die from various sources or not grow well. Than out of those 5 remaining I only expected half of those to be female.

Its been a while since I've done a proper update. As such I think I will do one tonight when my lights come back on.

Also, does anyone know if you stress a male out will it produce female parts and herm up as well? I've been keeping it around partially as a house plant, partially as a x-mas tree, and partially for experimental purposes.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#598204 - 11/23/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Duuude
Dont keep a flowering male in the same house as your girls! Pollen is like spores (kinda), it spreads everywhere+1 male has enouph sacks to rape like 100 females.

Im dressing my biggest girl up for christmass too lol...thought I was special >.<

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598255 - 11/24/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Eh, the flower sacs are still relatively under devoloped. I'm going to put it in my back room, but first I'm letting my in heat cat play with it to keep her quiet. She broke into my sack of stuff while I was at work. Pictures in a little. I need to eat haven't barely had a thing and I biked to work.... I apologize in advance if I pass out. I have a long day ahead.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598328 - 11/24/11 02:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think letting ur cat play with the males is a good idea other dude.
If she busts one of the sacs, shell be covered in tiny microscopic pollens, she can pollinate ur plants just being in the same room..........at least I think so.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#598338 - 11/24/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
I dont think letting ur cat play with the males is a good idea other dude.
If she busts one of the sacs, shell be covered in tiny microscopic pollens, she can pollinate ur plants just being in the same room..........at least I think so.

Youre right. The cat would not even need to transfer it, just pop the sack; any light breeze will spread them throughout the room, and very possibly, throughout the house.
youre playing w/ fire wire 5

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598395 - 11/25/11 12:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I already took care of it before I even read this.

It was a one time thing to keep her busy for a minute. She's not been allowed to play with any of them before or since. I actually don't like her playing with any plant because it encourages her to mess with them; she can't tell the difference between male and female.

And I never let her in my room while my "closet door" is open. I get too tired of chasing her out.

Now the male has been put into a cardboard box (sealed, and barely big enough for the plant) in the back room where it shall live out its days until it slowly dies. Or more likely I'll cut it down once it starts wilting some.

I'll be honest. I doubt I will update tonight. Busy day. Been working on my cars transmission and thanksgiving. Just now got home from work.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598402 - 11/25/11 03:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Day 50 (Day 19 flowering)

So here we are. I've not done any major "Day X" updates because I've had nothing to change... I've been stalled because my car is junk.

As it is day 50 I felt obligated to do this.

Also, I think I'll just cut down the last male plant so I can clean up some.

Plant 1 "#1": Alright, well again, this plant has been a beast from day one, and is beggining to show its true colors. on some of the stems and finer fan leaves I can notice a darkening and redding hue. Perhaps a purple :shrug:?

(cola shot)

Plant 2: This plant was slow to wake up today (I gave it some water to help, it was a tad low). As such its kinda droopy.

Plant 3: Still hasn't made the cut. It'll be nice when it shows more than the stray hair.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598403 - 11/25/11 04:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome stuff wire5!
Can't wait for the next update!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598650 - 11/27/11 12:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just made some brownies with the male plants. Used about half the material. Got some decently potent brownies. I'm definately not lit (ate them about an hour or so ago), but I can feel them for sure.

Going to butane extract the rest of it tomorrow or "soon." Whenever I feel I can convince my friend to get me to home depot so I can buy the necessary reagents.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598651 - 11/27/11 12:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Awesome stuff wire5!
Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks man. I've got sooooo many little bud stops its crazy. There are certain sections of screen where the two plants overlap and I'm starting to run outa holes.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598667 - 11/27/11 02:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, that's an advantage to getting unsexed leaves i guess. You can extract the THC from the males before your females are finished.
The 2 packs of sannies seeds i recently bought (killing fields & jackberry), the 20 sannies freebies and 1 pack of heavy duty fruity i got are regular sex seeds. i plan to try my hand at breeding which is why i got them unfemmed, if i can get some nice strong males, it would be awesome.

Some idea's I have are Heavy Duty FruityxKilling Fields, and ChemdogsxStar Kush. Then if I like how they turn out, ill continue working on them. I might even try hybridizing the 2 crosses together, haha

I wish i had some brownies :frown: I just flipped my plants so i should have some bud in 9 wks+drying/curing time. It seems soooooo faaaar away lols

How far into flowering r u?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598675 - 11/27/11 04:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just had another half a brownie. I'd share if I could. Not the dankest; they are fairly weak, but the buzz is nice. Next time (with the left over oil) me and my friend are going to try something that yeilds fewer serverings. That way we can get blasted by essentially eating the rest of the oil.

Oooh, some of those sound nice. You might be able to stress one of your fems till it shows balls and use that to pollinate. I dunno how hard or not that is. Regardless, I hope you get what you're looking out of it.

I'm just under 3 weeks in. I honestly think I got a ways to go. I'm just starting to notice good crystalage. I'm really pumped, each day they look bigger and hairier.

A friend of mine just moved to AZ; he's getting his green card soon. Him, his fiance, and his friend are living in a house together so combine he will be allowed 36 plants. I might talk to him and see about joining his little "troupe" after this or next run.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598676 - 11/27/11 04:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My guesstimate would be having one of the plants finish in late dec, one in early jan, and the third plant in late jan.

I might take some clones and replant a couple seeds here to see what happens.

I was just given a bag of Miracle Gro organic solutions Blood meal. I assume that even though it is miracle gro it should still be fine, as organic blood meal can only be made from one thing (right?). This will be more part of my vegging routine, but I figure I can give them some on this next feeding. Besides, with their growth spurts they're going to need it.

I hope I can get some kelp fert or bat guano soon. Something with some Phosphorus in it, maybe even a little potassium would be swell.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599385 - 12/02/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I got some rooting compound and took two clones of plant #1. Sadly I have not gotten to get any more nutes. So I added a little shultz for Phosphorus and a little Potassium. Next time I'm going to cut back on the fish fert some though.

Should I be picking off those lower little buds?

--------------------

OfflineSolux
Stranger
    #599419 - 12/02/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Been reading over you're grow bro..for a couple of days and I found a post about Skyrim and I just realized this is still going on...most journals are from a few years ago, so it's nice to see someone else on their first grow the same time I am. I got a CFL Micro grow out a homemade plastic tub from Walmart. I started in a PC case, but just switched to something larger... I may start my own journal after reading yours....

Good stuff bro, sorry bout the males....I talk to my baby girls all the time and tell them how beautiful they are everyday... okay so maybe like 5 times a day...SO WHAT I GOT A PROBLEM BRO! but seriously Skyrim is pretty beast... its sucked 135hrs of my time, that and Dark Souls and Dota 2 beta...looking forward to Diablo 3.... Okay I'm rambling... Keep it up and good luck with those FAT NUGS of harvest Delight!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Solux]
    #599470 - 12/03/11 12:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Heya, yeah the CFL's can be really quite fun. I'm probably going to switch over to hydro; but all in due time. You should totally start your own journal. Good way to look back and reminisce(sp).

Yeah, the game is a life suck if ever there was one. I've sinked close to that into it. I got nothing else to do with my boring life. Oh well. If my job cripples my social life; I might as well take advantage of the very meager social life I lead and grow bud.

BTW
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599597 - 12/04/11 12:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So how are the ladies coming along wire5?

Last night when i pulled one plant out,  one side was all wilted lol
Theres a pic in the doctors forum. Hopefully i havent stressed my ladies too much to hermie out on me...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599601 - 12/04/11 12:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They're coming along great. Going to update tomorrow night I think. I just watered them today so they will look better for the pictures tomorrow. Plus I made a  :homerdoh3: when trying to bend plant 1. I broke it just a little too far. I twist tied it further up the branch, that seems to hold it in place quite nicely; should be able to heal much better now. As a result I have discovered that plant one is extremely sticky. I have a feeling it might be done in like 60-70 days O.O

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599772 - 12/05/11 01:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I apologize growery community, I forgot to charge my camera battery.

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#599778 - 12/05/11 02:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
I apologize growery community, I forgot to charge my camera battery.

:boo:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599936 - 12/06/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Day 61

Plant "#1" (far left) So far smelling piney, with a definite lingering citrus smell to follow. This plant is developing very deep red veins especially where the buds are. My money is on very even mix of indica and sativa. Maybe leaning sativa due to its amazing tall growth. However it forms bud quick like an indica; so who knows. :shrug:

Plant 2 (middle): So far I'm not super impressed with plant. However I'm giving it a fair shot hoping that it will have slow but excellent bud growth. Despite not being the latest to bud, I think it will be one of the slowest to complete. Its very sticky like the first, but the trichromes aren't mindblowingly present. Otherwise I really like it. Oddly (and I didn't know this while placing them) the smell is a nice mix of the two plants on either side, (No its not because of position; I checked) it is of full on lemon sprayed skunk ass. Leaning Sativa for late bud devolopment, Hard to say.

Plant 3 "Catnip" (far right): This plant I think will turn into something very wonderful. That said I won't say too much as its still early budding. The only thing that annoys me on this one is that it loves to drop leaves, it seems perfectly healthy otherwise. Just a leaf or two per day that practically drop when touched. The smell is of straight up skunk ass. I believe this bushy lady is an indica, Its got broad fingered leaves and despite its late start is developing buds thick and fast.

(yup 11 days of growth, when I posted last that guy was maybe 2-4 little hairs).

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599937 - 12/06/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This weeks smoke.

--------------------

InvisibleDrG
Male

#599958 - 12/06/11 08:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good bro:thumbup:I wish we got good bag seeds like that around here.I swear some of the plants I grew out last season didn't even get you High at all! I might as well have grown some hemp:smirk:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: DrG]
    #599993 - 12/06/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh, well I used to have a super amazing connect. Like medical grade. But not any more :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleDrG
Male

#600004 - 12/06/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah,I had a Dude like that here as well.He got the dankest shit around,and it most often contained one or two seeds per bud.That stuff always grew out to be some Amazing stuff too:grin:Sadly my buddy moved out of state,so those good genetics went with him:frown:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: DrG]
    #600164 - 12/07/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh, well my guy basically turned into a douche. Stopped selling. And than bitches about it.

--------------------

OfflineSolux
Stranger
    #600170 - 12/07/11 12:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You're girls are looking amazing bro! Can't wait for the buds of goodness... Hope my 3 baby girls are actually girls...but I believe talking to them and sending them good "thoughts"/"vibrations" do much more good than most would understand.

That's some nice weekly smoke btw! Speaking of medical grade shit, I live in L.A. and I got the hook ups from a dispensary that's 3 blocks away.. 35 8ths of the bombest shit...can't wait to get some grows under my belt and get clones from them :smile:

How long have they been in flower?

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Solux]
    #600218 - 12/07/11 08:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

@ Wire5 are red veins normal? Im a Rookie and never seen red veins B4. or are they specific to a single strain?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: stayinghigh]
    #600251 - 12/07/11 11:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you, the left one is super sticky. I stoked to smoke. I don't really talk to my plants, however I do sing to them. I just let my pandora play on its "Woodstock" station and sing along with what I know while I work.

Lucky, I paided 100 for an 8th and a half (normally just 60 an 8th).

Been flowering for just over a month now I'd say. I'd give #1 about another month, #2 about a month, month and a half and #3 Will probably be closer to 2 months. If I'm lucky.

@stayinghigh: As far as I can tell red veins are ok. The only thing I can tell about my plants being unhealthy may be slight nute defficencies. And even than I'd say mostly the micro nutes and potassium.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600255 - 12/07/11 12:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info! your ladies look nice though!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600258 - 12/07/11 12:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No problem man. I always assumed it was normal because I've broke up bud and seen pictures with reds and purples in it. I can only assume this is how they get some of those colors.

And thanks. Its hard to tell but if you look at some of the bigger fan leaves you can kinda make out some lighter spots toward the edges.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600291 - 12/07/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen orange, purple, and red hairs but not red veins in MJ plants, may be on a morning glory !

yes if you look closely, nice camera! again, Thanks !!!!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600293 - 12/07/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just read up on it. Aparently its a result of slightly cooler temps at "night" which is true because I only have a crappy window unit to heat my apt during the day, so my bed room doesn't stay like at the bare minimum (68*-72*) from what I just read this results in darker purple tinted leaves.

OR (and I see this being a possibility accordig to http://www.quicktrading.com/tips18.html)

it could be a phosphorus deficiency.

I could very well see either being the case... Or both. Its probably both now that I think about it.

I think I'll give it a little extra dose of shultz between feedings to tide it until I can get my car back.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600421 - 12/08/11 07:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

again thanks for the the info! so that explains why mines are like that!(lol)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600590 - 12/09/11 02:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For those of you who aren't following dr. diagnosis, my far left plant  had its main cola broken a little on the sever side. Wrapped it in epelctrical tape and stuck a tooth pick in the tape for support. I hope it does die. I may be mistaken but I swear some of the heads are starting to look whitish, cloudy? :shrug: or wishful thinking?

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600614 - 12/09/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

May we see some pics of your patient?  I am really interested on how she will heal! For future purpose…...

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600642 - 12/09/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

She was not healing. I checked on the cola this morning and it looked very wilty and some of the fan leaves were starting to get kind of dry. I'm not at all bothered that it happened (shit happened) I'm bothered it happened to my healthiest plant that is the furthest a long. I guess I'll go for a trimming and drying practice than.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600645 - 12/09/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Give it time. For now, spray the leafs w/ water daily right after lights off. If it shows deff, foliar feed. Even

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600647 - 12/09/11 11:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I already cut it and trimmed it. Once I took the "bandaid" off I could tell it wasn't going to make it. It was being held on by a sliver, Maybe the thickness of a nickel...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600650 - 12/09/11 11:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

optomistic side note, the next two branches down the tree are SUPER thick with bud. One of them looked better than the main cola IMO (just not as big  :banghead: ).

Even had it healed I would to have to like never touch it until harvest either.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600653 - 12/09/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Umm...thats not true..
I had plenty of branches break, 1 broke OFF. A few weeks later I couldnt tell which branch it was

Although whasting energy on healing this far into flowering might have stalled the girl.
Quote:

wire5 said:
optomistic side note, the next two branches down the tree are SUPER thick with bud. One of them looked better than the main cola IMO (just not as big  :banghead: ).

Even had it healed I would to have to like never touch it until harvest either.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600655 - 12/09/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

O.o Well I will remember your advice for the future dimo. Now I feel nooby

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600656 - 12/09/11 01:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

...god I feel noobish now : (....

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600659 - 12/09/11 01:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I didnt mean to do that o_O
only way I know that is expirience...so im actually the noob here man, a bunch of broken branches is nothing to be proud of lol.

I feel like an arse now:megusta:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600660 - 12/09/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No, not your fault. I'm beating myself up over it more than I should because I've been dealing with all this shit, and the plants were the one few things going well for me ATM and when I broke it I was just like "GAH FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!!"

Added with the fact that I didn't do the research before snipping it off. But as the guy who gave me the lights said, Oh well, shit happens. Besides. More energy for the other budz!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600662 - 12/09/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I promise Dimo I wouldnt normally be beating myself up so hard (actually  normally I wouldn't at all); but all this bloody stress is making me a little quick when it comes to the bad emotions.

Edit: especially when my stash and cash is runnin low. XD got a guy looking for middies now.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (12/09/11 01:52 PM)

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600671 - 12/09/11 03:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I feel you man, I've been depressed lately too. Same reason too..:sad:
Had to trade My stash FOR cash to make rent, and I got 2 relatives' birthdays coming up+christmass...
Can't even have a decent trip cuz of all the :poop: on my mind.

At least we can take a peek at our closets and catch a smile once in a while eh?:nyan:

Edit: unintentional rhyme:) ^^^

Edited by Dimo114 (12/09/11 03:29 PM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600709 - 12/09/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, on the up and up I should be getting the car back tomorrow. I should hopefully also have a date on sunday. Furthermore, a super reliable and really awesome connect for boomers is coming through. I'm getting them stupid cheap so that makes me happy too.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

#600779 - 12/10/11 08:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:Plants are looking good!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600899 - 12/11/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
:popcorn:Plants are looking good!

For half finished they smoke really well too. I packed a bowl with the smallest nug. Not a top 10 by any stretch of the imagination but it is a good creeping head high.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600931 - 12/11/11 07:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

as long as it gives you a buzz , mission accomplished ! Its really not a bad deal! ya dig? glad to hear it went well regarding the situation and all….

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#600993 - 12/11/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

cools. How long till your others are finished?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#601103 - 12/12/11 11:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm guessing 2-4 weeks on the first one. Hard to say on the other two.* Hopefully before New Years. But more than likely on new years. What an excitingly boring way to kick off 2012. I find it appropriate though. Turning over a new leaf if you will. :lol:

*: If I had to wager a guess I'd say 3-5 on the middle, and 4+ on right one. I stalled the right one by topping it right before it went into flower.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#601964 - 12/18/11 02:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So the far left plant is showing its first amber trichomes. I almost completely missed the clear to cloudy phase because I was being mopey. I also discovered the occular lens on a microscope is amazing for cheaking the heads on the trichromes.

Question for the crowd. I'm thinking between 20-33% amber on this one. How much longer should I give it before FLUSHDOWN. I was going to start next Wednesday.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602258 - 12/20/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alright boys and girls. SO I probably won't do another update until its been harvested; HOWEVER the harvest is right around the corner. I shouldn't expect it to be more than a week off.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#602264 - 12/20/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Gj. :blazed:Btw how are you controlling the smell?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602268 - 12/20/11 01:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No real need. Its not that bad unless you have head right in the garden. Or if I've left my bedroom door closed for more than 3 hours with the fan off.

Just really hasn't been an issue yet (thankfully). Going to see about keeping it that way.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602359 - 12/21/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Still only a few amber trichromes on it. Hope it ambers up soon. Otherwise I might just pick it a little early.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602556 - 12/23/11 03:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Bad news all. There will be no picture updates on the night before harvest..... I really do apologize and feel like a cock tease....

If its any consolation, just think how I feel knowing I now have close to $1,200 in worthless camera equipment. Just because a stupid SD card won't go into the slot and stay in. I think it will be fixable. But I just don't have the capacity for that tonight. If not, fuck buying a vaporizer for tax returns, I'm getting a new camera body (and paying debts/bills of course  :wink: ). The irony is I've not posted because I've spent forever trying to find my 8 gig SD card (which is still MIA) and finally scrounged up my old 1 gig.

The plant has maybe 2-5 amber trichromes per field of view (so maybe 50-75). This is a little under what I was aiming for, but I've always been a bigger fan of head highs, so no loss in my opinion. But I've decided to let the middle plant mature a bit longer than initially intended. I must say it is putting weight on fast. This ones is 75% cloudy 25% clear. I've picked a bunch of the lower buds off to total 1g of weight. Which I plan to speed dry and make into firecrackers for tomorrows task. Finally the third plant is throwing some tall colas! However, they are kind of wispy and thin. Which is sad because the trichromes are starting to turn cloudy (25%?). I hope it fills in more.

I've decided to take clones of the second plant for sure. The third if it fills in. I also popped 3 beans in of some confirmed super dank (that I've found over the months since I started this growery). I can only assume they are female or genetic herms; not likely to have a seed otherwise.

Hope to keep you posted. Sorry I cant do pictures...

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#605553 - 01/17/12 07:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So wa happen?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck