Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #596385 - 11/10/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Right now it seems fine. If it becomes a problem I will probably just cut the holes bigger, (making the 1.5x2 2x2 2x3... and so on.).

To be fair the holes were actually a smidge bigger than 1/2" x 1" That was just the easiest round since I had no ruler/measure tape.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #596450 - 11/10/11 11:00 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've been checking each plant thoroughly & I hate it. Not the checking part. No thats fun and cool. But the Moving them around so much.

Its like they start to get used to the screen than I move them. 60% of the time I get them back correctly no problem. But there have been a few torn leaves, And a couple snapped stems in the process sadly. Nor do I always remember how to get them back ok.

That being said, I've only noticed 2 that seem male-ish. The rest are indecisive or look more female-y.

I think I'll do pictures tonight when the lights come on. If I can be bothered from skyrim for that long.

Also I talked to my landlord. Told him a partial truth. Told him I can't pay him (in full) because I needed a new phone (Which is true). He is cool with it because I always pay my rent on time and in cash.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#596670 - 11/12/11 02:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I've decided after checking my plants again... Today.... That I am A) Better at growing MJ than I expected and B) worse than i.ding male vs female preflowers :shrug:

I swear to god they are fucking taunting me.

Dangerously low on the bud situation. Its really hard to get anything without a cell phone. I just got a little nug from a friend to try and hold me over. XD

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #596674 - 11/12/11 05:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

lols patience my friend. I think its probably not a good idea moving them once they are starting to grow around the screen. But then again what do i know. I've never grown mj before, let alone scrogged. Just something i read somewhere.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #596684 - 11/12/11 09:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The hairs are pretty hard to miss. You will know what to do when time comes @_@lol.
The down side of seeing hairs, is that the ones that dont have hairs at that time are most likely male, since males mature faster then females...it's always the healthyest ones too ;(

I tried to figure this out on my own but I guess im too high atm; How old are your plants, and whats the lighting schedule? Seems way too early if theyre still vegging.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #596998 - 11/15/11 05:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just thought I'd pop in and see how the scrog is coming along?
My plants are finally at the stage where they are ready to start training, and I'm not sure if I should give the scrog a go, or just LST them. How are you finding it?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #597020 - 11/15/11 09:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, the new Elder Scrolls game stole my soul. My transmission doesn't work. Oh and turns out I'm being sued for something I didn't even do. I was going to feed and update, but those latter two things happened. Not to mention I've been stuck in the "low weed" position for a minute. Now I just feel like I've been to hell and back.

I love the screen, I think its really a wonderfful tool. I'm thinking about raising it a little bit though.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597023 - 11/15/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597029 - 11/15/11 11:22 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

First pic is 100% a male. He looks like hes about to pop his sacks (ouch) too.
Second is looking like male also :frown: Third pic is kinda unclear

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597034 - 11/15/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Its a mother fucking sausage fest in there!!!!!!!!!!

That being said I think I'm 5 to 4 male to female. Maybe more on the male side. My guess is some of those were probably unstable :awedisgust:

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #597038 - 11/15/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bummer

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #597119 - 11/16/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm carless... *sigh*

I chopped 5 of my plants.... *sigh*  ^ ^ ^

Got some bud, woot.

Since I've got no car (and I doubt I will for at least a week or two). I'm going to hold off on renewing my car insrance, woot.

The people trying to sue me are trying to claim this "rogue wire" caused almost $2,000... LoL right... for "traumatic experiances" ? And what else, I was born yesterday with the word gullible tatooed on my forehead...? Stupid people.

Chilie Cheese Baked Potato, WOOT!!!

For sitting through my rants raves I give to you beavers . And pre-execution shots. Not as many as I like turned out.... Turns out I'm stonier than I thought.

(2 of them still cant tell, But seeing as they aren't flushed with balls I can only assume female0

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597538 - 11/19/11 10:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think another one in the grow room is going to be a male.... I'm freaking out thinking I'm causing them to herm. But than I remind myself that none of the ones I cut down thus far had any female parts... Unstable genetics/bad luck I guess?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #597671 - 11/20/11 07:33 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Check for light leaks, if theres no light leaks its probably just the bagseed genetics.

Not to say that bagseed is bad. Just that you never know, ya know?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: RasJeph]
    #597697 - 11/20/11 10:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Check for light leaks, if theres no light leaks its probably just the bagseed genetics.

Not to say that bagseed is bad. Just that you never know, ya know?

wouldnt it be better to use seeds from a bag of shwag then a bag of dank?
Idk, it just seems that if it is really good bud, it should be a hermie. I mean, commercial growers are deff good at sexing plants, so why would there ever be a mature male present? Just something I've always wondered.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: RasJeph]
    #597701 - 11/20/11 11:20 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I checked that. I think if that were the case my females would show male parts as well? And wouldn't some of my males so some hairs as well as balls? I think I just got unlucky. Or at least I hope thats the case. I'd hate to have gone this far just to have my work ruined by something that stupid....

I went in there before I started them on 12/12 and it was no more bright than a full moon if even. I think I'll jump in there right as it turns off here in a minute to check again.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597703 - 11/20/11 11:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just emerged from my garden as my lights went out. After the HPS bulb died off I wasn't able to see jack shit. There were a couple very very small light leaks on the edge as well as the one from where I tried to pull the plastic behind me while squeezing my ass into that closet. But even with the big one from where I couldn't close it all the way behind me (from the inside) it was still far less light than the moon puts off. If I could find a way to close it from the inside I would feel confident in the ability to develop pictures in there.

After looking over them all again (even the chopped ones) I really don't think they hermed up. My final call is going to be 3 female and 6 male. One of them is STILL indeterminate but I'm almost positive its female, it has just one little bud looking thing, just no hair.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#597713 - 11/20/11 02:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A plant can develop hermie flowers at any time durring flowering, but I dont think you have to worry about that. I was just wondering how high grade weed can have seeds unless its a hermie.

I usually see hairs before the bud looking thing though;(  picture?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#597802 - 11/21/11 12:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I just inspected the plant that I was unsure about. Turns out it is female  :awebig:

(the cola of plant #1)

(the newly discovered hairs of the mystery plant)

My weekend (namely yesterday night) was really good considering the rest of the week. I was very hedonistic; my gay friend (just a friend) took me to a play called "Deadstock" that he got 2 free tickets for. Afterwards I went to a cast party and drank a few beers and had a few shots, Than bowls and joints got passed around all at once, 3 or 4 bowls, a bong, and a few joints filled with all kinds of goods. After an hour of this I started talking to a really cool lesbian chick and her friend with huge hair. We ended up talking about how we only do natural things (LSD aside). After a moment of this she asks me to hold out my hand. At which point she dumps a couple grams of powdered shrooms out. I wash this down with some black kraken. Chatted for a bit than the party died down my friend drove me home and I just sat around listened to music and  :trippinbawelz: for a bit. I totally needed that after the shit I've been through.

Sorry if I ramble about personal shit sometimes. I figure my pictures will speak well enough about my plants condition. Especially since I've had very few snags. I ramble because It gives me a chance to rant, rave, and relax a bit before bed. That and it fills the post with something other than "OMG new node site?!?!"

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (11/21/11 12:57 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598038 - 11/22/11 03:02 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a great night. Its a pity you had so many males, but 3 females are better than 2 :smile: or none :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom