Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #600653 - 12/09/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Umm...thats not true..
I had plenty of branches break, 1 broke OFF. A few weeks later I couldnt tell which branch it was

Although whasting energy on healing this far into flowering might have stalled the girl.
Quote:

wire5 said:
optomistic side note, the next two branches down the tree are SUPER thick with bud. One of them looked better than the main cola IMO (just not as big  :banghead: ).

Even had it healed I would to have to like never touch it until harvest either.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #600655 - 12/09/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

O.o Well I will remember your advice for the future dimo. Now I feel nooby

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600656 - 12/09/11 01:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

...god I feel noobish now : (....

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600659 - 12/09/11 01:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I didnt mean to do that o_O
only way I know that is expirience...so im actually the noob here man, a bunch of broken branches is nothing to be proud of lol.

I feel like an arse now:megusta:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600660 - 12/09/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No, not your fault. I'm beating myself up over it more than I should because I've been dealing with all this shit, and the plants were the one few things going well for me ATM and when I broke it I was just like "GAH FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!!"

Added with the fact that I didn't do the research before snipping it off. But as the guy who gave me the lights said, Oh well, shit happens. Besides. More energy for the other budz!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600662 - 12/09/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I promise Dimo I wouldnt normally be beating myself up so hard (actually  normally I wouldn't at all); but all this bloody stress is making me a little quick when it comes to the bad emotions.

Edit: especially when my stash and cash is runnin low. XD got a guy looking for middies now.

--------------------

Edited by wire5 (12/09/11 01:52 PM)

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#600671 - 12/09/11 03:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I feel you man, I've been depressed lately too. Same reason too..:sad:
Had to trade My stash FOR cash to make rent, and I got 2 relatives' birthdays coming up+christmass...
Can't even have a decent trip cuz of all the :poop: on my mind.

At least we can take a peek at our closets and catch a smile once in a while eh?:nyan:

Edit: unintentional rhyme:) ^^^

Edited by Dimo114 (12/09/11 03:29 PM)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600709 - 12/09/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, on the up and up I should be getting the car back tomorrow. I should hopefully also have a date on sunday. Furthermore, a super reliable and really awesome connect for boomers is coming through. I'm getting them stupid cheap so that makes me happy too.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #600779 - 12/10/11 08:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:popcorn:Plants are looking good!

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #600899 - 12/11/11 12:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

MushrooMan420 said:
:popcorn:Plants are looking good!

For half finished they smoke really well too. I packed a bowl with the smallest nug. Not a top 10 by any stretch of the imagination but it is a good creeping head high.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600931 - 12/11/11 07:57 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

as long as it gives you a buzz , mission accomplished ! Its really not a bad deal! ya dig? glad to hear it went well regarding the situation and all….

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: stayinghigh]
    #600993 - 12/11/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

cools. How long till your others are finished?

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #601103 - 12/12/11 11:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm guessing 2-4 weeks on the first one. Hard to say on the other two.* Hopefully before New Years. But more than likely on new years. What an excitingly boring way to kick off 2012. I find it appropriate though. Turning over a new leaf if you will. :lol:

*: If I had to wager a guess I'd say 3-5 on the middle, and 4+ on right one. I stalled the right one by topping it right before it went into flower.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#601964 - 12/18/11 02:06 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So the far left plant is showing its first amber trichomes. I almost completely missed the clear to cloudy phase because I was being mopey. I also discovered the occular lens on a microscope is amazing for cheaking the heads on the trichromes.

Question for the crowd. I'm thinking between 20-33% amber on this one. How much longer should I give it before FLUSHDOWN. I was going to start next Wednesday.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602258 - 12/20/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alright boys and girls. SO I probably won't do another update until its been harvested; HOWEVER the harvest is right around the corner. I shouldn't expect it to be more than a week off.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#602264 - 12/20/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Gj. :blazed:Btw how are you controlling the smell?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602268 - 12/20/11 01:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No real need. Its not that bad unless you have head right in the garden. Or if I've left my bedroom door closed for more than 3 hours with the fan off.

Just really hasn't been an issue yet (thankfully). Going to see about keeping it that way.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602359 - 12/21/11 12:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Still only a few amber trichromes on it. Hope it ambers up soon. Otherwise I might just pick it a little early.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#602556 - 12/23/11 03:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Bad news all. There will be no picture updates on the night before harvest..... I really do apologize and feel like a cock tease....

If its any consolation, just think how I feel knowing I now have close to $1,200 in worthless camera equipment. Just because a stupid SD card won't go into the slot and stay in. I think it will be fixable. But I just don't have the capacity for that tonight. If not, fuck buying a vaporizer for tax returns, I'm getting a new camera body (and paying debts/bills of course  :wink: ). The irony is I've not posted because I've spent forever trying to find my 8 gig SD card (which is still MIA) and finally scrounged up my old 1 gig.

The plant has maybe 2-5 amber trichromes per field of view (so maybe 50-75). This is a little under what I was aiming for, but I've always been a bigger fan of head highs, so no loss in my opinion. But I've decided to let the middle plant mature a bit longer than initially intended. I must say it is putting weight on fast. This ones is 75% cloudy 25% clear. I've picked a bunch of the lower buds off to total 1g of weight. Which I plan to speed dry and make into firecrackers for tomorrows task. Finally the third plant is throwing some tall colas! However, they are kind of wispy and thin. Which is sad because the trichromes are starting to turn cloudy (25%?). I hope it fills in more.

I've decided to take clones of the second plant for sure. The third if it fills in. I also popped 3 beans in of some confirmed super dank (that I've found over the months since I started this growery). I can only assume they are female or genetic herms; not likely to have a seed otherwise.

Hope to keep you posted. Sorry I cant do pictures...

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

#605553 - 01/17/12 07:52 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So wa happen?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds