Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: magick81]
    #598173 - 11/23/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh man it was, I paid for it with the inability to accomplish jack shit the next day.

Yeah, it is a shame. But when I started this I was only shooting for 2 or 3 plants. It wasn't until later when I saw how well they were doing that I decided I might want to keep more.

I expected half of my plants to die from various sources or not grow well. Than out of those 5 remaining I only expected half of those to be female.

Its been a while since I've done a proper update. As such I think I will do one tonight when my lights come back on.

Also, does anyone know if you stress a male out will it produce female parts and herm up as well? I've been keeping it around partially as a house plant, partially as a x-mas tree, and partially for experimental purposes.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #598204 - 11/23/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Duuude
Dont keep a flowering male in the same house as your girls! Pollen is like spores (kinda), it spreads everywhere+1 male has enouph sacks to rape like 100 females.

Im dressing my biggest girl up for christmass too lol...thought I was special >.<

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #598255 - 11/24/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Eh, the flower sacs are still relatively under devoloped. I'm going to put it in my back room, but first I'm letting my in heat cat play with it to keep her quiet. She broke into my sack of stuff while I was at work. Pictures in a little. I need to eat haven't barely had a thing and I biked to work.... I apologize in advance if I pass out. I have a long day ahead.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #598328 - 11/24/11 02:51 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think letting ur cat play with the males is a good idea other dude.
If she busts one of the sacs, shell be covered in tiny microscopic pollens, she can pollinate ur plants just being in the same room..........at least I think so.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #598338 - 11/24/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
I dont think letting ur cat play with the males is a good idea other dude.
If she busts one of the sacs, shell be covered in tiny microscopic pollens, she can pollinate ur plants just being in the same room..........at least I think so.

Youre right. The cat would not even need to transfer it, just pop the sack; any light breeze will spread them throughout the room, and very possibly, throughout the house.
youre playing w/ fire wire 5

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #598395 - 11/25/11 12:39 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I already took care of it before I even read this.

It was a one time thing to keep her busy for a minute. She's not been allowed to play with any of them before or since. I actually don't like her playing with any plant because it encourages her to mess with them; she can't tell the difference between male and female.

And I never let her in my room while my "closet door" is open. I get too tired of chasing her out.

Now the male has been put into a cardboard box (sealed, and barely big enough for the plant) in the back room where it shall live out its days until it slowly dies. Or more likely I'll cut it down once it starts wilting some.

I'll be honest. I doubt I will update tonight. Busy day. Been working on my cars transmission and thanksgiving. Just now got home from work.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598402 - 11/25/11 03:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Day 50 (Day 19 flowering)

So here we are. I've not done any major "Day X" updates because I've had nothing to change... I've been stalled because my car is junk.

As it is day 50 I felt obligated to do this.

Also, I think I'll just cut down the last male plant so I can clean up some.

Plant 1 "#1": Alright, well again, this plant has been a beast from day one, and is beggining to show its true colors. on some of the stems and finer fan leaves I can notice a darkening and redding hue. Perhaps a purple :shrug:?

(cola shot)

Plant 2: This plant was slow to wake up today (I gave it some water to help, it was a tad low). As such its kinda droopy.

Plant 3: Still hasn't made the cut. It'll be nice when it shows more than the stray hair.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598403 - 11/25/11 04:08 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Awesome stuff wire5!
Can't wait for the next update!

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598650 - 11/27/11 12:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just made some brownies with the male plants. Used about half the material. Got some decently potent brownies. I'm definately not lit (ate them about an hour or so ago), but I can feel them for sure.

Going to butane extract the rest of it tomorrow or "soon." Whenever I feel I can convince my friend to get me to home depot so I can buy the necessary reagents.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598651 - 11/27/11 12:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Awesome stuff wire5!
Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks man. I've got sooooo many little bud stops its crazy. There are certain sections of screen where the two plants overlap and I'm starting to run outa holes.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598667 - 11/27/11 02:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, that's an advantage to getting unsexed leaves i guess. You can extract the THC from the males before your females are finished.
The 2 packs of sannies seeds i recently bought (killing fields & jackberry), the 20 sannies freebies and 1 pack of heavy duty fruity i got are regular sex seeds. i plan to try my hand at breeding which is why i got them unfemmed, if i can get some nice strong males, it would be awesome.

Some idea's I have are Heavy Duty FruityxKilling Fields, and ChemdogsxStar Kush. Then if I like how they turn out, ill continue working on them. I might even try hybridizing the 2 crosses together, haha

I wish i had some brownies :frown: I just flipped my plants so i should have some bud in 9 wks+drying/curing time. It seems soooooo faaaar away lols

How far into flowering r u?

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598675 - 11/27/11 04:10 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Just had another half a brownie. I'd share if I could. Not the dankest; they are fairly weak, but the buzz is nice. Next time (with the left over oil) me and my friend are going to try something that yeilds fewer serverings. That way we can get blasted by essentially eating the rest of the oil.

Oooh, some of those sound nice. You might be able to stress one of your fems till it shows balls and use that to pollinate. I dunno how hard or not that is. Regardless, I hope you get what you're looking out of it.

I'm just under 3 weeks in. I honestly think I got a ways to go. I'm just starting to notice good crystalage. I'm really pumped, each day they look bigger and hairier.

A friend of mine just moved to AZ; he's getting his green card soon. Him, his fiance, and his friend are living in a house together so combine he will be allowed 36 plants. I might talk to him and see about joining his little "troupe" after this or next run.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598676 - 11/27/11 04:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

My guesstimate would be having one of the plants finish in late dec, one in early jan, and the third plant in late jan.

I might take some clones and replant a couple seeds here to see what happens.

I was just given a bag of Miracle Gro organic solutions Blood meal. I assume that even though it is miracle gro it should still be fine, as organic blood meal can only be made from one thing (right?). This will be more part of my vegging routine, but I figure I can give them some on this next feeding. Besides, with their growth spurts they're going to need it.

I hope I can get some kelp fert or bat guano soon. Something with some Phosphorus in it, maybe even a little potassium would be swell.

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599385 - 12/02/11 10:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So I got some rooting compound and took two clones of plant #1. Sadly I have not gotten to get any more nutes. So I added a little shultz for Phosphorus and a little Potassium. Next time I'm going to cut back on the fish fert some though.

Should I be picking off those lower little buds?

--------------------

OfflineSolux
Stranger
    #599419 - 12/02/11 02:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Been reading over you're grow bro..for a couple of days and I found a post about Skyrim and I just realized this is still going on...most journals are from a few years ago, so it's nice to see someone else on their first grow the same time I am. I got a CFL Micro grow out a homemade plastic tub from Walmart. I started in a PC case, but just switched to something larger... I may start my own journal after reading yours....

Good stuff bro, sorry bout the males....I talk to my baby girls all the time and tell them how beautiful they are everyday... okay so maybe like 5 times a day...SO WHAT I GOT A PROBLEM BRO! but seriously Skyrim is pretty beast... its sucked 135hrs of my time, that and Dark Souls and Dota 2 beta...looking forward to Diablo 3.... Okay I'm rambling... Keep it up and good luck with those FAT NUGS of harvest Delight!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Solux]
    #599470 - 12/03/11 12:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Heya, yeah the CFL's can be really quite fun. I'm probably going to switch over to hydro; but all in due time. You should totally start your own journal. Good way to look back and reminisce(sp).

Yeah, the game is a life suck if ever there was one. I've sinked close to that into it. I got nothing else to do with my boring life. Oh well. If my job cripples my social life; I might as well take advantage of the very meager social life I lead and grow bud.

BTW
:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#599597 - 12/04/11 12:24 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So how are the ladies coming along wire5?

Last night when i pulled one plant out,  one side was all wilted lol
Theres a pic in the doctors forum. Hopefully i havent stressed my ladies too much to hermie out on me...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599601 - 12/04/11 12:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They're coming along great. Going to update tomorrow night I think. I just watered them today so they will look better for the pictures tomorrow. Plus I made a  :homerdoh3: when trying to bend plant 1. I broke it just a little too far. I twist tied it further up the branch, that seems to hold it in place quite nicely; should be able to heal much better now. As a result I have discovered that plant one is extremely sticky. I have a feeling it might be done in like 60-70 days O.O

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#599772 - 12/05/11 01:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I apologize growery community, I forgot to charge my camera battery.

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#599778 - 12/05/11 02:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

wire5 said:
I apologize growery community, I forgot to charge my camera battery.

:boo:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies