Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: phrostbyte]
    #599936 - 12/06/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Day 61

Plant "#1" (far left) So far smelling piney, with a definite lingering citrus smell to follow. This plant is developing very deep red veins especially where the buds are. My money is on very even mix of indica and sativa. Maybe leaning sativa due to its amazing tall growth. However it forms bud quick like an indica; so who knows. :shrug:

Plant 2 (middle): So far I'm not super impressed with plant. However I'm giving it a fair shot hoping that it will have slow but excellent bud growth. Despite not being the latest to bud, I think it will be one of the slowest to complete. Its very sticky like the first, but the trichromes aren't mindblowingly present. Otherwise I really like it. Oddly (and I didn't know this while placing them) the smell is a nice mix of the two plants on either side, (No its not because of position; I checked) it is of full on lemon sprayed skunk ass. Leaning Sativa for late bud devolopment, Hard to say.

Plant 3 "Catnip" (far right): This plant I think will turn into something very wonderful. That said I won't say too much as its still early budding. The only thing that annoys me on this one is that it loves to drop leaves, it seems perfectly healthy otherwise. Just a leaf or two per day that practically drop when touched. The smell is of straight up skunk ass. I believe this bushy lady is an indica, Its got broad fingered leaves and despite its late start is developing buds thick and fast.

(yup 11 days of growth, when I posted last that guy was maybe 2-4 little hairs).

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: wire5]
    #599937 - 12/06/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This weeks smoke.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

InvisibleDrG
Male

#599958 - 12/06/11 08:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Looking good bro:thumbup:I wish we got good bag seeds like that around here.I swear some of the plants I grew out last season didn't even get you High at all! I might as well have grown some hemp:smirk:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: DrG]
    #599993 - 12/06/11 12:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh, well I used to have a super amazing connect. Like medical grade. But not any more :frown:

--------------------

InvisibleDrG
Male

#600004 - 12/06/11 01:14 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah,I had a Dude like that here as well.He got the dankest shit around,and it most often contained one or two seeds per bud.That stuff always grew out to be some Amazing stuff too:grin:Sadly my buddy moved out of state,so those good genetics went with him:frown:

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: DrG]
    #600164 - 12/07/11 12:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahh, well my guy basically turned into a douche. Stopped selling. And than bitches about it.

--------------------

OfflineSolux
Stranger
    #600170 - 12/07/11 12:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You're girls are looking amazing bro! Can't wait for the buds of goodness... Hope my 3 baby girls are actually girls...but I believe talking to them and sending them good "thoughts"/"vibrations" do much more good than most would understand.

That's some nice weekly smoke btw! Speaking of medical grade shit, I live in L.A. and I got the hook ups from a dispensary that's 3 blocks away.. 35 8ths of the bombest shit...can't wait to get some grows under my belt and get clones from them :smile:

How long have they been in flower?

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Solux]
    #600218 - 12/07/11 08:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

@ Wire5 are red veins normal? Im a Rookie and never seen red veins B4. or are they specific to a single strain?

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: stayinghigh]
    #600251 - 12/07/11 11:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you, the left one is super sticky. I stoked to smoke. I don't really talk to my plants, however I do sing to them. I just let my pandora play on its "Woodstock" station and sing along with what I know while I work.

Lucky, I paided 100 for an 8th and a half (normally just 60 an 8th).

Been flowering for just over a month now I'd say. I'd give #1 about another month, #2 about a month, month and a half and #3 Will probably be closer to 2 months. If I'm lucky.

@stayinghigh: As far as I can tell red veins are ok. The only thing I can tell about my plants being unhealthy may be slight nute defficencies. And even than I'd say mostly the micro nutes and potassium.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600255 - 12/07/11 12:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info! your ladies look nice though!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600258 - 12/07/11 12:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No problem man. I always assumed it was normal because I've broke up bud and seen pictures with reds and purples in it. I can only assume this is how they get some of those colors.

And thanks. Its hard to tell but if you look at some of the bigger fan leaves you can kinda make out some lighter spots toward the edges.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600291 - 12/07/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've seen orange, purple, and red hairs but not red veins in MJ plants, may be on a morning glory !

yes if you look closely, nice camera! again, Thanks !!!!

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600293 - 12/07/11 01:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just read up on it. Aparently its a result of slightly cooler temps at "night" which is true because I only have a crappy window unit to heat my apt during the day, so my bed room doesn't stay like at the bare minimum (68*-72*) from what I just read this results in darker purple tinted leaves.

OR (and I see this being a possibility accordig to http://www.quicktrading.com/tips18.html)

it could be a phosphorus deficiency.

I could very well see either being the case... Or both. Its probably both now that I think about it.

I think I'll give it a little extra dose of shultz between feedings to tide it until I can get my car back.

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600421 - 12/08/11 07:32 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

again thanks for the the info! so that explains why mines are like that!(lol)

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600590 - 12/09/11 02:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For those of you who aren't following dr. diagnosis, my far left plant  had its main cola broken a little on the sever side. Wrapped it in epelctrical tape and stuck a tooth pick in the tape for support. I hope it does die. I may be mistaken but I swear some of the heads are starting to look whitish, cloudy? :shrug: or wishful thinking?

--------------------

Offlinestayinghigh
mr.
Male

#600614 - 12/09/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

May we see some pics of your patient?  I am really interested on how she will heal! For future purposeā€¦...

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600642 - 12/09/11 10:55 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

She was not healing. I checked on the cola this morning and it looked very wilty and some of the fan leaves were starting to get kind of dry. I'm not at all bothered that it happened (shit happened) I'm bothered it happened to my healthiest plant that is the furthest a long. I guess I'll go for a trimming and drying practice than.

--------------------

OfflineDimo114
Ranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: White House
    #600645 - 12/09/11 11:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Give it time. For now, spray the leafs w/ water daily right after lights off. If it shows deff, foliar feed. Even

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: First time grow with bag seeds under CFL and HPS [Re: Dimo114]
    #600647 - 12/09/11 11:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I already cut it and trimmed it. Once I took the "bandaid" off I could tell it wasn't going to make it. It was being held on by a sliver, Maybe the thickness of a nickel...

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#600650 - 12/09/11 11:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

optomistic side note, the next two branches down the tree are SUPER thick with bud. One of them looked better than the main cola IMO (just not as big  :banghead: ).

Even had it healed I would to have to like never touch it until harvest either.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds