Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleanonymouse
Stranger

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: HippoSex]
    #585129 - 09/10/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

looking good in here hipposex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: anonymouse]
    #587402 - 09/19/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yea!!!  Looks good!

:popcorn:

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: phrostbyte]
    #588400 - 09/24/11 09:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I burned the tips a bit. I was just watering with RO but the PPM was like 700 and going to go down if I continued so I added more nutes up to 1200ppm. Mistake, the next day it was 1340, the next day 1440. Hopefully it won't affect the buds. It doesn't appear to have, but all the tips of the leaves, including most on the buds, are burned. Shitty, but at least the buds look good and I learned for next time.

Anyway... what else happened...:bonghit: ah.... Well, I've got two phenotypes. One sativa dominant and one indica dominant. The sativa dominant one isn't quite as filled out and definitely could have used an extra week or so of bloom nutes, and the indica one that is probably about done.

Overall, by the way the buds are looking and due to the fact that some have to now be propped up because of their weight, I'm thinking that this grow was pretty successful already. However, what I had wanted to grow was buds with quality that meets or exceeds dispensery and BC bud quality. Visually, I think they could be a bit more powder coated to look like magazine buds. It's looking like "some of" the best smoke I've ever had, but I was hoping that it would end up being "the best" I've ever smoked. I won't know for sure until it's cut and dried, but I've noted places where there is room for me to improve future harvests. (which will not be until at least spring time. I am hoping to keep a couple clones in soil though for mothers.)

In the pics, the indica one is the one with the orange hairs (at back and on right), the sativa is the one with the white hairs (usually at front and on left). The leaves on the sativa are yellowing fast since I started them on RO. Probably because they still wanted to grow some more. Some of their second level buds are showing orange hairs though.

According to schedule, I should be taking them down tomorrow. They've been on RO after a 6h Final Flush rince for about 6 days now.

What do you guys think? Chop 'em down or let them sit?

I've only got 30x magnification and I guess the trichomes look cloudy, but I can't see any ripe trichomes, so maybe I just can't see shit.

Also, something to note is that I am not PHing my RO water during flush. It was between 5.6 and 6.2, now down to 5.1 yesterday and down to 5 today but I've decided not to touch it because what I'm hoping is that it doesn't matter since there is no nutrient uptake to inhibit.

I'm considering chopping the indica first, but since there's no nutes in the water I don't really think it'll be worth the hassle to leave the sativa in there a while longer to ripen.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about drying either... has anyone ever dried their plants with the roots attached? pretty natural way to go about it, so it should be fine... right?
I'm thinking that I might just drain the res, turn off the pump, and let the girls dry out right where they're standing.
The reason for considering this is because if I stick them in there, I can just continue to vent the box and within a few days they'd be dry enough to cut up and jar up for curing and I won't have to worry about the whole damn room reeking of reefer. There's a reverse pressure in the room keeping smell from leaking into other apartments, but this amount of bud, once I take it out of the grow-box, is going to reek. Opinions?

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

Re: 250w MH/HPS AN Aero -- White Widow -- first grow, seed to fruit in aeroponics.... [Re: HippoSex]
    #588413 - 09/24/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Unless anyone suggests otherwise in the next ten hours, I'm going to leave the lights off for their last 24 hours of RO water and then I'm going to drain the res and reduce the voltage on my variator (which controls the speed of my 8inch inline fan) down to no lower than about 55V (250W at 50V = 5A). Not sure of this fan's wattage, but the internets tell me 8inch inline fans are around 200-220W.

I've never taken the fan below about 80V I think, so I'm not sure if it will still spin at 55V, but it should and I do need to reduce the speed or these plants will be dry in only a few days, which will leave me with less than ideal smoke.

We'll see what happens. All of this is a learning experience for me.

Unrelated:
I got news a few days ago that my Purple Days vaporizer is in the mail already, so that might arrive right around the time these buds are ready for testing. I'm excited about that. In page two I posted a pic from their website of the one I got - made with Fiddleback maple wood.

Also, Humboldt Hemp Wicks. I used to use Beeline, and I tried a couple other brands, but none of them had as much bees wax as I thought they should. The Humboldt Hemp Wicks are nearly pure white due to the amount of Bees wax (the clean burning fuel) and their organic hemp line is so soft and pure it almost looks and feels like cotton, so there is a much cleaner burn. Highly recommended. I got 200FT of it off ETSY for about $23 shipped.

It's thinner than most hemp wicks, but that is a good thing. It's not the thickness than you need, it's the amount of fuel (bees wax). You want the highest ratio of clean burning fuel to plant matter and that's what Humboldt Hemp Wick provides.

Edited by HippoSex (09/24/11 10:40 AM)

OfflineHippoSex
Aero-Grower

#588493 - 09/24/11 04:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This bud unfortunately did not develop as well as the others on the indica plant. It was right beside the light, so it had great potential, but I figure it was too warm and as a result didn't fill out as well.

I'm getting excited. Can't wait to smoke these trees.

edit:

Score! picked up 11 500ML wide mouth jars for $5. That'll hold the harvest.

BTW, I cut off their water supply about four hours ago. The variator is at 50V and the fan is absolutely silent. Still sucking a lot of air out though so I don't expect it to long to dry out. Most of the roots were never in the res, but the ones that were I cut off, so there's no water for the roots and they should dry out in a quick hurry I hope.

There was some shit in the water and the roots were looking skummy again... I guess I should have been using H202 (skipped it for flush). Ehh... anyway, the buds really sparkle, so that's gonna be nice.

Edited by HippoSex (09/25/11 08:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds