Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

More fun? Smoking or Growing?
    #312309 - 11/08/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I am getting way to impatient with this three month B.S.
Gimme gimme NOW NOW NOWW! :crankey:

So for today IMO, smoking is more fun.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: More fun? Smoking or Growing? [Re: ChillWillis]
    #312310 - 11/08/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My wife makes fun of me because I'm so into growing, that even when I'm not doing it (like right now) I'm studying or talking about it.

The best thing though? Smoking what you grow.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: More fun? Smoking or Growing? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #312317 - 11/08/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea I can't wait to tell you that I agree - but for now I've just got to play the patience game.

I just got a hold of some FoxFarms Fertilizers and they gloat a 6 week grow time from germination to harvest. I'm not sure how well it'll work but I'll keep ya'll updated.

--------------------

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #312322 - 11/08/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Whatever you do DO NOT grow by a calendar.
Keep a log of how many days they're in veg, how many in flower, and harvest WHEN THE PLANTS ARE READY.
Variations in grower style, mistakes, stress, lighting, strain grown, any number of hundreds of variables will influence the total growth time.
Do some research on plant finishing indicators such as pistil color, trichome color, etc.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
    #312323 - 11/08/09 12:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Both are my favorite!

Growing definitely takes some major patients, specially when your outa smoking material.
But it pays off in the long run 4 sure. And Ren, my girl has laughed at me on many adventures because of my dedication and interest. She told me i obsess when its shroom season and then again when its growing season and then again back to mushrooms, but understands somewhat. Friday i made mention of doing  a mushroom hunt over the weekend, and her comment was , "oh boy, here we go again!"

To Op, patients is a virtue when it comes to cannabis. when younger i used to pick leaves off all the time to get me high, seriously slowing my plants production down and usually not getting them to finish because of it or prematurely. I do all my grows outdoors so i am at the mercy of the seasons. Alls i can say is hang in there, and be patient! Try keeping yourself in smokage and let nature work her wonders!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: More fun? Smoking or Growing? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #312330 - 11/08/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I'm almost a week into flowering and I just gave my first fertilizer to the plants. It was a cocktail of various foxfarms stuff. I was going to loosely follow their feeding calendar: http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

I definitely fucked this girl (if thats what it is) up. First of all I  topped her and have her flowering with only her 3rd set of 3-leafed fan leaves..
I think I'm starting to get signs of female though. I think she'll give me maybe a little bud but I'm just using it as a tester.

SpaceMonkey: That's funny that you picked off leaves for a high, I didn't even know that was doable. I've come here from the Shroomery and have learned patience for fungi but that was easy because they didn't make loud humming sounds from my closet and bright lights keeping me up all night. And they don't smell nearly as pleasant. With mushrooms its more of an out of sight out of mind deal, the plants are just too beautiful not to stare at all day.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: More fun? Smoking or Growing? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #312331 - 11/08/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you have something to keep your days occupied the time flies by.  I also suggest using a log.  I always preach photo documentation for your grows too.  Sometimes the pictures show things you might have missed in your daily inspections.  Also, it's nice to be able to look back and see how much development there has been during the last seven days or so.  That'll really come in handy if you are experimenting with different nutrients or set ups.  Good luck!  Why not work on breeding a strain that flowers in 30 days?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: More fun? Smoking or Growing? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #312333 - 11/08/09 12:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I don't really want to keep a photo journal of the plants just to save myself from incrimination later. I know I'd want to show them off too badly both on here and to my friends.
I do keep a written journal but it's mostly just my feeding cycle and start date of flower/veg.

As for the breeding thing, I wouldn't know where to start - and I need some decent genetics to begin with. Right now I'm just working out of the ol' head stash seeds baggy I've accumulated over time. I always try to use the best looking seeds and the plants that germinate fastest but I don't have much faith in random seeds I pick out of my stash, who knows where they've been?

--------------------

Offlinenick-onelove
Astronaut of Inner-Brainspace
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mendocino County, CA
    #312476 - 11/08/09 04:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

When I first started growing it was merely a means to an end, but I've found that growing in itself is very rewarding. Even more rewarding: consuming what you've grown and knowing exactly what's in it.

--------------------
"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again."
                                                        - Bill Clinton

"When I was a kid I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
                                                        - Barack Obama

That's Change I Can Believe In!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck