Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineKilluminati_420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: Oregon Coast
Growing Mimosa Hostilis in Oregon
    #296070 - 10/12/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i live in southern oregon and i was wondering if i could grow mimosa hostilis here or if it would die from the winter? also.....i have phalaris canerisis(domesticated brachystachy) seeds...does it contain dmt?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5Rw_1nRuu0

Amanitas for Trade this Oct-Dec^
"Dont gain the world and lose your soul...Wisdom is better than silver and gold" -Bob Marley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: Growing Mimosa Hostilis in Oregon [Re: Killuminati_420]
    #296165 - 10/12/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not familiar with the weather in Oregon, but if you have to ask if it will survive the winter I doubt it will.

You can most definitely try though!  I would start the seeds inside under lights during winter and transplant to pots to set outside once temps start rising.  When winter comes again just bring it inside.  They grow fast though so you wouldn't be able to do this indefinitely, but if you can get a hearty tree going, by the time it gets too big to be inside you could plant outside and it just might be big enough to survive the winters, but I doubt it... this is a tropical tree. Do you have a shed?  You could try something to keep it a bit warmer than outside temps. Just keep in mind, it will take you awhile before you can harvest any DMT.

If I'm remembering correctly, canariensis does contain DMT, but in such small quantities it's not worth it to grow.  phalaris brachystachys contains the most alkaloids, which I'm sure you can order the seeds from any ethno vendor.  phalaris aquatica comes in second place as far as quantity of alkaloids, but much less than brachystachys, and it also contains 5-meo-dmt.

Keep in mind again, you're going to need to grow A LOT of grass to harvest any usable dmt.  The plant just might be native to your area, check that out.  They reside at the waters edge of lakes and ponds, wetlands... you can find some in high altitude dry areas, but you'll have more luck near water.

If you get a good amount of grass, and I mean A LOT, much more than you think, extraction will be a pain in your ass.  You'll have to do multiple acid/base extractions, the grass contains a bunch of gook you don't want, rather than if you were to extract from mimosa which would be much easier and less messy.

You're really in a tough climate to be growing most dmt-containing plants, but it doesn't hurt to try :thumbup:

Honestly, if you're sole purpose is to harvest dmt and not for the fun of growing, get some mimosa powder from an ethno vendor and learn how to do extractions, it'll save you much time and frustration.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies