Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Making Oil Need help.
    #282130 - 09/17/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I'm using this article to make Iso Oil.  I made it once this week with bad results.  I didnt let the alcohol evap enough and I soaked and squeezed the shit out of the leaves to get all of the alcohol back out and with it came the chlorophyll... I ended up with what looked like runny black tar heroin.  It got me high as hell but tasted of pure chlorophyll.  Hurt my throat as well.

http://www.onlinepot.org/hash/makehoneyoil.htm

Now this time on my first pull, all I did was soak and drain, no squeezing and no fucking around, just left all the extra oil in the trim for the 2nd pull.

This pull looks great.  Almost clear with a pee yellow tint.  But the 2nd pull is looking gross just like my 1st attempt.  Green.

Is there any way to not waste all of the alcohol left in the trim by not squeezing it out because I almost double the amount of alcohol retrieved when I do squeeze it. 

Does it (the goods) drain out right away and only chlorophyll and alcohol are left?  I would assume a decent amount of oil is trapped in the soaked leaves.

My main concern is this!  WHY DOES MY USED TRIM STILL LOOK ALL CRYSTALLY EVEN AFTER IT'S BEEN ISO EXTRACTED TWICE!?!?!?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Making Oil Need help. [Re: Inverted]
    #282152 - 09/17/09 11:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay dude. Ive been told chemical extraction takes the good shit out of the trichome. Not melt the trichs off. So your cool, but also its recommended to really break the weed down before you begin. As far as your final product just double boil out the alcohol. Keep it low! As alcohol evaporates at a fairly low temperature. No sun evaporation. Here is whats up though. Alcohol like acetone etc.... are not perfect solvents for the job. I'm sure you know as you mentioned ABOVE it keeps not only good but also earthy GREEN BAD TASTING SHIT in your final product. Butane hash oil with a final BUDDERING blows ISO out of the water. Hexane is also a solvent just as good if not better/easier to use than butane. And your left with such a high THC only product that you don't even know what to do with yourself. However you do loose some of the weight you would keep with ISO(though its green boo boo and shouldn't be sought after)Hope that helps. IF your curious about either of the two above just search for them in the hash forums. :cool:

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Re: Making Oil Need help. [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #282168 - 09/17/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Here's all the pics from the process.

then

then

getting close

final product. 

.4 first pull, .7 second pull.  Originally 10g of trim.

Get's me fucked!  Amazing.  I'm satisfied with my results.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#282170 - 09/17/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you Bro!  I whipped up a little bit myself.  I like it you can see the THC texture when you are whipping it.  It's wierd.  I'm addicted.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#282188 - 09/18/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

AWESOME!!!!! Thats great man.More people that enjoy marijuana should spend more time learning to make hash. I'm out of weed and i just found about a gram of ButaneHashOil i forgot about. Now im very High. Cool photos too. Later

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #282700 - 09/18/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1.) ISO Oil is probably the worst way to make hash, reserve this method for runs with dirt weed or crap trim.

2.) the reason ISO runs suck is because there is water within the alcohol.  This water leaches the chlorophyll from your material and deposits it in the final product.  You've already witnessed this, shitty tasting, harsh to smoke, hash.

3.) Seeds and stems left within the mix add to the crappy taste, texture, and smoke in the final product.  Stems are a bit more forgiving, but no seeds should ever be mixed in with your plant material

4.) That trim looks crazy green to me.  Green as in not dried.  To maximize yield, taste, smell, and smoothness, dry your material like you would some fine buds.  Then like you would do with fine buds, sweat out your trim for a few days in a jar.  A week of curing can make a big difference in the overall quality of your final product.

5.) Lastly, after you've dried it completely, stick it in your freezer overnight for the best results.  You want those trichs to be nice and brittle so the solvent can do it's work more efficiently.  Even a few hours in the freezer is better then none.  But, IMO, an overnight stay in the coldest part of your freezer is the best route.

Honestly, if you like the ease of the ISO method, I would look into hexane.  It's readily available, doesn't require any special tubes to extract with, and is just about as easy to use as the ISO is.  Simply drain a can of the hexane (AKA no residue electrical contact cleaner, see my how to make hexane hash thread for brands) into a canning jar, add in your trim, let soak, strain trim, evaporate hexane (happens really quickly since, like butane, hexane has a low BP), and collect your oil.

from this

to this

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: Making Oil Need help. [Re: coda]
    #283106 - 09/19/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Coda that oil looks kinda......weird. Was that the hexane extraction or some form of alcohol?

--------------------

Edited by Ero42oH2o (09/19/09 11:51 PM)

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #283150 - 09/20/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hexane.  It's a darker color because of the ethanol that was in the hexane I used.  Leached a tiny bit of some chlorophyll out.  Not enough to ruin the flavor or smoothness, but enough to taint the color.  Although, if you looked at it in the pan it's that beautiful golden/tan color.  What you see on the razor blade is pretty much the entire pan scraped up onto the blade.  I really didn't use much trim so my yield was majorly tiny.

Got me blazed as fuck though :smile:

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#283177 - 09/20/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I see. I've gotten that color when i used fan leaves only. Butane was the solvent.  Now it turns out yellow. Not sure why it happened and hasn't since. I Bet the guys at the store where i get butane think i huff it or some shit. They always look sad when i ask for a bottle at 9:00am

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #283230 - 09/20/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Another reason my hash may have turned out that dark was the amount of time I let it sit in the hexane.  I let it sit for about 8 hrs (just following instructions), i think i may have gotten a cleaner product if i just let it sit for 1-2 hours.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#283271 - 09/20/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
1.) ISO Oil is probably the worst way to make hash, reserve this method for runs with dirt weed or crap trim.

2.) the reason ISO runs suck is because there is water within the alcohol.  This water leaches the chlorophyll from your material and deposits it in the final product.  You've already witnessed this, shitty tasting, harsh to smoke, hash.

3.) Seeds and stems left within the mix add to the crappy taste, texture, and smoke in the final product.  Stems are a bit more forgiving, but no seeds should ever be mixed in with your plant material

4.) That trim looks crazy green to me.  Green as in not dried.  To maximize yield, taste, smell, and smoothness, dry your material like you would some fine buds.  Then like you would do with fine buds, sweat out your trim for a few days in a jar.  A week of curing can make a big difference in the overall quality of your final product.

5.) Lastly, after you've dried it completely, stick it in your freezer overnight for the best results.  You want those trichs to be nice and brittle so the solvent can do it's work more efficiently.  Even a few hours in the freezer is better then none.  But, IMO, an overnight stay in the coldest part of your freezer is the best route.

Honestly, if you like the ease of the ISO method, I would look into hexane.  It's readily available, doesn't require any special tubes to extract with, and is just about as easy to use as the ISO is.  Simply drain a can of the hexane (AKA no residue electrical contact cleaner, see my how to make hexane hash thread for brands) into a canning jar, add in your trim, let soak, strain trim, evaporate hexane (happens really quickly since, like butane, hexane has a low BP), and collect your oil.

from this

to this

My trim was dried and pulverized slightly.  That was a picture of it after 2 pulls.  I know about all the other extraction methods but I have $0 to my name so I had a bottle of ISO in my first aid stuff, So I used it.  Believe me, I'm not the type to skimp on quality, was just my only choice.

The 2nd run I did was comparable to BHO.  It was barely contaminated at all, and tasted of nothing.  Very high potency.  :awesome:

The mistake I made on the first run was to squeeze the shit out of the trim, gotta learn to lose some... That's where all the chlorophyll entered the game.

Thanks for the advice Coda!  I pretty much know all that already I just have to use what I already have lying around the house... Unless I steal it from the store...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #283287 - 09/20/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yah, i feel you.  I'm running into the no money problem myself as well.  ISO works for sure, it's just not the best method IMO.  But hell, if what you pulled from your trim made ya happy, more power to you!  Enjoy, it's definitely better then the no hash I'm currently sitting on :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale