Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Bagseed
    #12179 - 04/24/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What makes bagseed so bad to grow? Is it like crossed so many times with other strains its played out? Ive seen a few of good bagseed grows. I would like to order a strain but it really isnt an option. How big of a role does genetics play in yields? If I take a bag of bud will all the seeds in that bag carry the same genetics? Or since its most likely hybrids do I have chances of finding a mix of noticable indicas and sativas? I know when you get seeds in a bag the bud you will produce is better if grown sensimilla, but for the people who have grown bagseed and grew strains bought from vendors also, does bagseed even carry potential or is it a waste of time compared to seedbank bought?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewishcouldeletethis
Female User Gallery

Re: Bagseed *DELETED* [Re: Chronica]
    #12220 - 04/25/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by lampshadehelmet

Reason for deletion: d

Edited by wishcouldeletethis (04/25/08 12:07 AM)

Invisibledutchmushroom
Gratefuly Dead
Male

Loc: Dodge
Re: Bagseed [Re: wishcouldeletethis]
    #12422 - 04/25/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

my fav strain is northern lights, but i have grown some damn fine bud from the worst brick shwag seeds you could find, you never know with bag seed, it could be some namebrand stuff that some idiot just let go to seed, so you may get a good strain with bagseed, is fun to grow bag seeds sometimes, its like a box of chocoalate ya never know what ya gonna get,

peace out Dm

--------------------
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand says: don't you see? Gotta make it some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you've got an empty cup, only love can fill, only love can fill"

"The bus came by and I got on, and thats when it all began"

250w Digital HPS Growlight kit, ballast/lightbulb/reflector +Organic Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutes Sale or Trade

OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bagseed [Re: Chronica]
    #12432 - 04/25/08 04:24 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The main thing I can think of that might pose a problem is if you are growing indoors, and you're not really set up to grow huge sativa plants, you might not know what to expect with that. If you're growing outdoors you shouldn't have a problem though since you don't have to worry about space.

--------------------

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #12454 - 04/25/08 06:54 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chronica said:
If I take a bag of bud will all the seeds in that bag carry the same genetics? Or since its most likely hybrids do I have chances of finding a mix of noticable indicas and sativas?

I wonder the same thing.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblemaggotz

#12455 - 04/25/08 07:00 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

think of the weed that the seeds came from, remember the high? if you grow from those seeds and take proper care of the plants you final product should be better than what you had. yields will mostly depend on the care you give the plants, i believe you can get decent yields from any strain if you know what you're doing. even if it was the shittiest weed you've ever had, i think you can get something decent out of it. also, if it is you're first time growing you probably should start with those seeds to get some experience. after you have gotten some experience and know what you want to do and how to do it, you can get some from a seedbank and have some really good stuff.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Bagseed [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #12456 - 04/25/08 07:03 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

Chronica said:
If I take a bag of bud will all the seeds in that bag carry the same genetics? Or since its most likely hybrids do I have chances of finding a mix of noticable indicas and sativas?

I wonder the same thing.

i doubt they put different strains in the bag, so all the seeds should be the same strain. you should probably be able to tell if it's mostly indica or mostly sativa from the high you got. or you could just ask the guy you got it from.

OfflineChronica

Loc: Canada
Re: Bagseed [Re: maggotz]
    #12457 - 04/25/08 07:05 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

maggotz said:
think of the weed that the seeds came from, remember the high? if you grow from those seeds and take proper care of the plants you final product should be better than what you had. yields will mostly depend on the care you give the plants, i believe you can get decent yields from any strain if you know what you're doing. even if it was the shittiest weed you've ever had, i think you can get something decent out of it. also, if it is you're first time growing you probably should start with those seeds to get some experience. after you have gotten some experience and know what you want to do and how to do it, you can get some from a seedbank and have some really good stuff.

Im not really new to plants ive grown vegetables before.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #12458 - 04/25/08 07:08 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

maggotz said:
Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

Chronica said:

I wonder the same thing.

i doubt they put different strains in the bag, so all the seeds should be the same strain. you should probably be able to tell if it's mostly indica or mostly sativa from the high you got. or you could just ask the guy you got it from.

When you have a hybrid. I heard that they will be a little different each seed, some being more sativa some more indica.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Bagseed [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #12460 - 04/25/08 07:22 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

ohhh, i didn't know that. sativas ftw.

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #12982 - 04/25/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

so are bagseeds more likely to be hermies?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

OfflineDexter_Morgan
Re: Bagseed [Re: araucaria]
    #14026 - 04/27/08 12:46 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

araucaria said:
so are bagseeds more likely to be hermies?

No,. Here is the problem with bag seed.
Say you got a sack of some real good outdoor shit. When you try to to grow seeds from buds got full mexican sun, indoors, you can't replicate the power of the sun. The plants will look identical to others though veg, but once you start budding, the buds might not tricome up, and finish within a reasonable time. Seeds though seedbanks are pretty much guaranteed to be potent and have some senescence.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Bagseed [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #14031 - 04/27/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

you ever grown outdoors? i've never tried my hand at inddoors growing, outdoors is just exponentially easier. at least that's how it seems to me.

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#14032 - 04/27/08 01:01 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Outdoor grows aren't necessarily easier. They come with their own problems: spider mites, a period of time from seed to harvest, pesky neighbors, pets, mold, etc.

It's a matter of preference. If you prefer shorter, more controlled grows, indoors is for you, although it usually comes with a little more work.

Growing outdoors, you pretty much grow according to Mother Earth and her schedule.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #14039 - 04/27/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

but if the herb was grown indoors (the bagseed) it should be just fine then?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Bagseed [Re: meatcakeman]
    #14042 - 04/27/08 01:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i've never had pest problems and i don't have to worry about neighbiors either. but yeah i grow sativas and i usually let them get huge, i have ideal weather for it.  i'm also pretty lazy and maybe htat's why i prefer outdoors grows. just let the plants do their thing, feed them some nutes and water them when necessary. but yeah, you could say i'm not a very dedicated grower. but i usually have fairly large and potent yields. :shrug:

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

#14043 - 04/27/08 01:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I personally don't really care about the method, as long as i get the result.

:gethigh::gethigh::gethigh:

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineDexter_Morgan
Re: Bagseed [Re: araucaria]
    #14304 - 04/27/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

araucaria said:

basically yes, but only moron growers end up with unintentional indoor seeded buds.

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #14454 - 04/27/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dexter_Morgan said:
Quote:

araucaria said:

basically yes, but only moron growers end up with unintentional indoor seeded buds.

That is not entirely true. Hermaphrodite plants can be very difficult to spot and can result in seeded indoor buds. At least one acclaimed strain from the start of this decade was the result of seeds found in high quality purchased buds.

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male

Re: Bagseed [Re: Ojom]
    #14456 - 04/27/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hermies aremt THAT hard to spot.

Once i see 'em balls i chop that mutha fucka.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

Edited by meatcakeman (05/01/08 02:38 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck