Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr. Hands
Re: Smell problems [Re: mhbound]
    #189129 - 01/24/09 08:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Update:

After several days of running my ozone generator 24/7 and my charcoal filter 24/7 my house still reeks.  Nothing seems to help.

The official measurement of my room is 6.5 feet tall by 13 feet wide by 35 feet long.  That is a grand total of 2957.5 cubic feet.  As I said before, my trays take up 3.5 feet by 7 feet and the charcoal filter and ozone generator are right next to the trays.  As to your questions:

1.  I have no clue what the cubic feet per minute (CFM) on the charcoal filter fan is.  It doesn't say anywhere on it.  It wasn't the biggest one in the shop, but it was one of the very nice ones.  It easily weighs 40-50 pounds and was hundreds of dollars.

2.  I am unable to establish "negative pressure" around my filter and trays.  It will be impossible to build an airtight room around my setup because of the uneven dirt floor and the ducting and piping everywhere.  Unfortunately, this is not an option.

I have noticed that the vast majority of the smell is coming through the venting when the furnace turns on.  The cold air intake is right near my trays.  Basically, I think that the furnace is sucking in smelly air, heating it up, and shooting it through the house.  I am thinking of re-routing the cold air intake to an area that is away from my trays.  The only other option I can think of is to buy a massive charcoal filter that can scrub 2957.5 cubic feet.  :shrug:

Well, what do you guys think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Smell problems [Re: Mr. Hands]
    #189260 - 01/25/09 10:05 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

could you somehow make an air filter on the intake of the furnace?  the smell would be eliminated before the air is dispersed through the house.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Smell problems [Re: Yrat]
    #189277 - 01/25/09 10:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

That's exactly what the problem is. You should have included that to begin with...Maybe I missed it, but that is your problem no doubt in my mind. Even if your CFM rating was proper for the size of the room that wouldn't move all of that air before the furnace did...If you get what I'm trying to say I just woke up 2 minutes ago.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Smell problems [Re: mhbound]
    #189952 - 01/27/09 10:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

basically your problem is you're not isolating the smell of your plants.  You're trying to filter a large volume of air with a very tiny fan and filter.  If you were to section off an area of your basement with some poly film and some 2x4's, you would have an easier time of scrubbing the air and ridding your house of the smell.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineOregonMeds
Re: Smell problems [Re: snufkin]
    #190064 - 01/27/09 04:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

A very VERY and I do mean VERY cheap way to improve the workings of your scrubber would be to enclose your trays with poly reflective material and put the fan inside that and vent it out into the rest of the basement.
But it definitely sounds like you need to enclose that grow area.

OfflineOregonMeds
Re: Smell problems [Re: OregonMeds]
    #190065 - 01/27/09 04:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I did not see the second page of this thread. I am pretty drunk. I see coda already mentioned the poly idea.

Sorry :p

OfflineMr. Hands
Re: Smell problems [Re: OregonMeds]
    #190720 - 01/30/09 10:19 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the advice guys.  I will probably attempt to enclose the trays with plastic as building an enclosed room is not feasible with all of the irregular attributes of the room.  We'll see how it works.  :fingerscrossed:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds