Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelegallyhomeless

Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber * 1
    #126642 - 09/29/08 06:12 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Carbon Filter Tek

I'm sorry I didn't make a pictorial like I ALWAYS do!!

Parts:

1x   3" to 4" Reducer
1x   4" Plastic Cap
1x   Wide Mouth Quart Jar Lid and Ring
1x   Roll of 1/4" Hardware Cloth
1x   Piece of 3" (duct) Pipe
1x   4" Plastic Cap (plumbing section at Lowe's)
1x   Pair Panty Hose (color optional :wink:)
Long Zip Ties
Carbon (from pet store)
Poly "quilt filler" (from craft store)
Sheet Metal Screws

If your familiar with computers, you should be able to find a tunnel that goes from the computer door over to the CPU so that air is drawn directly to the CPU for cooling.

As you can see, this has 3 parts. The fan, the outer part, and the inner threaded part. I took off the outer part and tossed it. I went to Lowe's and found a 3" to 4" reducer. That reducer fits perfectly with this CPU fan tunnel.

First cut your 3" piece of duct pipe. Cut your piece of hardware cloth to fit around the 3" pipe leaving a 1" overlap. PULL IT TIGHT.

Next screw the hardware cloth to the 3" pipe leaving 1" at the end of the pipe clean. This way it will fit into the 3" to 4" reducer.

I used zip ties to tie the hardware cloth down in a few spots so it doesn't snag the panty hose. I also added a Ball Wide Mouth Jar Lid to the other end of the inner core to seal it off.

Pull your piece of panty hose over the whole unit. Now insert this INTO the CPU tunnel. Now push it firmly into the 3" to 4" reducer. Its a VERY VERY tight fit.

The INNER CORE is complete.

Next, push poly fill into the space between the 3" to 4" reducer and the filter core.

Then cut your piece of hardware cloth to go around the 3" to 4" reducer and screw it on. I used zip ties again to secure the hardware cloth.

Add prefilter. (makes carbon last longer)

I used zip ties to secure it on both ends and in the middle of the filter.

The OUTTER CORE is complete.

Place the INNER CORE into the OUTTER CORE and screw them together. Add the carbon and put 2 layers of the prefilter material under end cap, and add the 4" plastic plumbing cap.

:thumbup:

Of course you want to measure the tub you will be using before building the filter. I had to cut mine down 3 times to make it fit. Just do it right the first time :thumbup:

I then took a soup can that was the same size as the fan and place my filter in the tub. I drew a circle around where the fan met the tub. I then set it on the stove to heat up. I took the can off the stove using a glove and pressed it smoothly and evenly into the tub where the circle was drawn. Cut out a perfect hole. Screwed the filter to the tub and added a grill to the outside.

I also went back to Lowe's and got the equipment to make 3 different size screens to fit the tub.
Bottom screen.

Middle screen.

Top screen.

Im sorry if some of the images are confusing. Since I didnt make an original write up, I had to use some of the pictures from the other, larger room filter I made. I realize now after looking at my original filter that while making this filter, I should have put the wide mouth jar lid on and then put the panty hose over that so no carbon can sneak into the inner core. Instead I pulled the panty hose over and inner core and because I didnt have an end cap at that time, I just cut the end of the panty hose leaving the inner core open. I will make corrections on this.

Edited by legallyhomeless (10/19/08 09:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #126712 - 09/29/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleDizz
Skunked Out......
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oz
Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber [Re: Magash]
    #128251 - 10/03/08 05:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

nifty :super:

OfflineChronicNewbie
Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #207009 - 03/19/09 03:27 PM (15 years, 3 days ago)

How well does this mask the odor of the weed while it's drying?

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber [Re: ChronicNewbie]
    #207205 - 03/20/09 09:04 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

:thumbup: this is a great tek, i'm moving it to the main cult forum

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber (moved) [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #207206 - 03/20/09 09:04 AM (15 years, 2 days ago)

This thread was moved from Outdoor & Greenhouse Cultivation.

Reason:

Invisiblelegallyhomeless

Re: Carbon Filtered Drying Chamber [Re: ChronicNewbie]
    #208698 - 03/25/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ChronicNewbie said:
How well does this mask the odor of the weed while it's drying?

If you have ever smelt fresh pot in a dark damp basement then you know how much it can stank up the place. This made it possible to dry oodles and oodles of budskins with NO NO NO smell.:)

Mine is available in my trade list if you are interested. It takes up to much space in what little I have

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies