Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineriverwood

drying buds in dry climate
    #10520 - 04/23/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

my last grow i had a problem with my final product, it was dry/brittle and didnt cure very good...

my question is when im drying, should i use a humidifier so raise the humidity so it will take longer to dry?? i live at an area where the RH is 10-20% and it would probably take only a couple days to dry out the bud for curing so the buds dont compact as they should if it took longer to dry... what RH would be good to dry in?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: drying buds in dry climate [Re: riverwood]
    #10566 - 04/23/08 02:00 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

what did you dry them in?

a brown paper bag tends to keep in just the right amount of moisture. this is after initial drying though, did yours get too dry immediately after hanging them up?

a few pieces of orange peel in the bag can keep the perfect amount of moisture in buds that are too dry. it also gives a nice subtle element to the smell.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Offlinesmily
Spam With Substance

Loc: here and there
Re: drying buds in dry climate [Re: Yrat]
    #10584 - 04/23/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

put it on screens, put a fan in the room check often.

when outside of bud is dry could even be brittle but the stems are a bit rubbery still jar it up pack it fluffy let sit over night check often.

when brittle outer bud flimsy again dump on screens. check often.

repeat as needed and youll be rewarded with bud that will burn nice not like a CA wildfire LOLOLOL your working the moisture from the inside out.

:smile:

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: drying buds in dry climate [Re: smily]
    #10594 - 04/23/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

smily is right, check and check often

you want the right moisture content, but if you jar it up too soon and it is too wet you will grow mold, and you will have to throw it all out.

dry it until you think it is getting too dry, throw it in a jar, and it will become moist again. this is the moisture working its way outwards from within. you have to air them out and repeat until you reach a sort of equilibrium. a paper bag can help do this for you. if you forget about them for a couple days there is a good chance you'll get mold. it is pretty labor intensive at first until you get a good hold on it and get a better idea of what works.

dont let mold grow!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

Re: drying buds in dry climate [Re: riverwood]
    #10617 - 04/23/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Are you hanging your plants to dry as a whole or are you cutting off parts and hanging?

Offlineriverwood

Re: drying buds in dry climate [Re: SmallTime]
    #10721 - 04/23/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i cut off the big leafs and hung upside down in my closet, i dried it for a week last year and they ended up being too dry and they didnt cure at all, smoke was harsh and didnt taste good, still got you high as hell tho...

i ended up having to put the buds in a vacuum seal bag and sealed it real tight so the buds would compact...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom