Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinederx
M.E.M.P.H.I.S.

have tons of clippings, need to make hash
    #15054 - 04/29/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I have maybe 2 gallons worth of nice clippings. What is a quick effective method for making hash. Is bags the best way to go? How long does the whole process take? Where can I get reasonably priced bags?

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Edited by derx (04/29/08 12:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewowitch420
whippits n ribs
 User Gallery

Loc: 512 TX
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: derx]
    #15134 - 04/29/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i know you can take yuour trim and mix it with a lot of ice for an hour or so, keep adding ice... do this in a bucket and the trichomes will fall to the bottom. you can get the trim off the top and filter the trich's with a print screen/panty hose etc. or you can use bags... they are expensive imo

--------------------

heady nugz

Offlinejellyfish

Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: wowitch420]
    #15258 - 04/29/08 07:17 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I wanna try this but I'm scared of it being a waste.
edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSKsJs7FoL0

Edited by jellyfish (04/29/08 08:52 PM)

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: wowitch420]
    #15319 - 04/29/08 10:06 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch420 said:
and filter the trich's with a print screen/panty hose etc. or you can use bags... they are expensive imo

Silk screen will work, trichomes will go straight through panty house.

Bubble bags are worth every cent you pay for them.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Offlinekechlesurf
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: derx]
    #15860 - 04/30/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I always use to save trim and make hash with the ice bags. But a couple of years ago, started making iso-oil and I highly recommend it. It is suppose to be as pure as THC comes, possibly in the upper 90% range if done right. If you want to know how to make it, just ask.

OfflineHanky
Fat Ladies Bingo

Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: kechlesurf]
    #15883 - 04/30/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I make acetone oil and mix it with kief from a dry silkscreen run, it makes beautiful hash that you can handle easily. Oils get too messy for my liking.

--------------------
Coaster Said:  "wut do u post bout flumbooyon"

Offlinearaucaria
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #16110 - 04/30/08 11:23 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
I always use to save trim and make hash with the ice bags. But a couple of years ago, started making iso-oil and I highly recommend it. It is suppose to be as pure as THC comes, possibly in the upper 90% range if done right. If you want to know how to make it, just ask.

i am trying to do an iso extract tonight actually, i found some teks, but all sound different. i have some 99% iso and a small plant (live). what can i do?

--------------------
Kids are always honest
Cause they don't think their ever gonna die

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: Hanky]
    #16227 - 05/01/08 07:45 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
I make acetone oil and mix it with kief from a dry silkscreen run, it makes beautiful hash that you can handle easily. Oils get too messy for my liking.

yeah, that's what i do too. i used to do the oil only but it was just too fucking messy. then fecal suggested the kief thing and i haven't looked back since.

Offlinegreenman

Loc: In your closet clipping buds
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: maggotz]
    #16284 - 05/01/08 11:28 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah iso is great for the leaves. Just really goey when your done. I've even did it with some swag and it turned out nicer than smoking the shitty bud. Was a while back though, don't burn anymore.

Edited by greenman (05/01/08 05:06 PM)

Offlinebwoy
 User Gallery

Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: greenman]
    #20653 - 05/06/08 04:38 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

THC-Resin Extraction
Since so much time, labour, and cost has gone into the production of each plant, growers do not
overlook utilization of the "shake" or leaves. Extraction involves the process of removing the essential
oil, THC resin, from the leaves remaining on the plant and those removed during pruning. This is
accomplished through the use of a solvent in which the oil will dissolve, which is later separated from the
plant material by passing it through an appropriate filter. The best solvent found to date is chloroform. It
is non-flammable, which makes it safer to handle than ethanol. Further, it has a low boiling point (61 C.,
142 F.), and a residue after evaporation of .0005 percent. This low residue percentage means that
virtually no trace solvent remains to contaminate the oil and cause an aftertaste, which is usually a
problem encountered with ethanol unless time-consuming distillation processes are used. Another
important concern is that chlorophyll is relatively insoluble in chloroform, eliminating the heavy "green"
taste that always results from ethanol extractions. To initiate the extraction process, the leaves must be
dried thoroughly. This can be done by placing them on fairly absorbent paper, such as newsprint, in a
good sunny spot near a window. (Fresh newsprint paper can be obtained in most art supply stores.
The lead content of ordinary newspapers makes them unsuitable for this purpose.) The leaves are then
turned over every few days to ensure complete drying. When they are sufficiently and completely dried,
the leaves should be brittle and crumble easily between the fingers. They are then placed in a blender or
food processor and ground to a fine powder. Studies have shown that to achieve 90 percent extraction
of the oil, the plant material must be powdered. ["Studies"?! Don't ask... -ed.] This is because nearly
as much oil is contained in non-glandular internal tissues as is produced by the glandular tri-chomes.
Next, a filter (a coffee filter will do) is placed over a clean Pyrex beaker or Corning Ware dish. The
plant material is piled about halfway to the top of the filter, and the rest of the material (if any) is saved in
an air-tight container. Pour approximately 200 ml of chloroform into the blender or food processor and
slosh it around the sides. This rinses out any oil that may have adhered to the container's walls.
Chloroform is poured from the blending container over the plant material until it reaches the top of the
filter (adding more chloroform if needed). When the chloroform has completely filtered in to the beaker
or dish, this process is repeated by adding chloroform until it again reaches the top of the filter. Two
extractions of the same plant material are usually sufficient to remove all of its THC oil. The plant
material is discarded; the same procedure is repeated until the beaker or dish becomes full of solvent.
Now the beaker or dish is placed on an electric stove or hot plate and heated slowly to a very low boil.
When the chloroform is being evaporated, the area must be completely ventilated! In the early days of
medicine, chloroform was used as an anaesthetic until harmful side effects [such as liver damage! -ed.]
were discovered, so it is clear that extreme care must be used when evaporating this solvent. After the
solvent has been evaporated, the same procedure is repeated until all of the plant material has been
treated. The oil is collected and stored in a glass pipette. These can be obtained at a scientific supply
and are inexpensive. The oil is drawn into the tube (this may be easier if the oil is first heated a bit), and
the tube capped at both ends. Resin is best stored inside airtight containers and in an area of low light
and humidity.

InvisibleCaptainKirk
Sailing the Seas of Cheese

Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: Hanky]
    #20689 - 05/06/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said

Bubble bags are worth every cent you pay for them.

sound advice..you wont regret buying bags derx..they will pay for themselves in no time..
  ww.bubblebag.com ...these are the ones i use..made by bubbleman himself:tongue:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #20786 - 05/06/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

bubble bags are great, expensive as fuck tho. Someone on here just posted a hexane extraction that looks superfucking easy and would work well with a good amount of trim/bud.

Definitely going to try that once i get some stuff to fuck around with.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSmallTime
Male User Gallery

Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: coda]
    #20930 - 05/06/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I bought some imitation bubble bags for $80

5-gal 5 bag... still waiting for them to arrive, hopefully they aren't completely shitty :smile:

OfflineStorkOfLife
The Stork of Life
Male

Loc: its serious
    #55580 - 06/11/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

tell me of this process you know to be iso-thc

--------------------
Im a Stork and it turns you on. period.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: StorkOfLife]
    #55721 - 06/11/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

iso hash?  Grind up your trimmings/bud (removing any stems/seeds), place it into a jar, cover weed in jar with 91% or high ISO alcohol, close jar and shake for 5-10 mins, strain liquid through cheese cloth into a glass dish and let evaporate. 

That's a basic iso extraction.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineStorkOfLife
The Stork of Life
Male

Loc: its serious
Re: have tons of clippings, need to make hash [Re: coda]
    #57169 - 06/13/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

o i see thanks dude

--------------------
Im a Stork and it turns you on. period.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale