Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
InvisibleChemical Addiction
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: General Science Thread [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #822976 - 01/25/17 04:49 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

they already tired making one in the past, now we have aids....

on a more serious note, why would we mix a human and monkey? as technology advances we don't need more muscles we need long skinny fingers for precise work, suck as building/repairing electronics.

--------------------
Sure. Don't expect me to compensate your wife and five retarded kids after I've drowned your exposed brain in my semen.
    Spider Jerusalem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: General Science Thread [Re: Chemical Addiction]
    #822977 - 01/25/17 05:28 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Why?

So we can maybe communicate with apes and just for the kicks and giggles of having an advanced human-ape living thang.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: General Science Thread [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 1
    #822990 - 01/26/17 02:53 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

If the 'monkey' is a chimpanzee, then I think you could technically cross them using protoplast fusion, but because the two species only share the same taxonomic family (as opposed to more closely related species sharing the same genus), it would take countless attempts to get a successful fusant that doesn't later shed excess chromosomes and could grow out properly.

And then ultimately, you come to the ethical crossroads of having to implant such a hybrid into either a chimp or human mother in order to allow full development. The ethics of the whole thing is really the only thing preventing such a hybrid at this point. :shrug:

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: General Science Thread [Re: Chemical Addiction] * 1
    #822996 - 01/26/17 10:48 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chemical Addiction said:
they already tired making one in the past, now we have aids....

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: General Science Thread [Re: Data]
    #823024 - 01/26/17 07:35 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

so u think its actually possible depsite both species only sharing the same family?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#823026 - 01/26/17 09:00 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
    #823042 - 01/27/17 01:32 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Animal Hybrids occur, in nature it generally allows diversity to continue to exist.

A contemporary example of this occurring in nature right now is the increased polar bear genes seen within grizzly bears (something I heard about years ago, and generally just assume has continued to happen as polar bears search for territory to the south).

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#823216 - 01/29/17 07:55 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Do u believe a monkey/human hybrid is possible?

If so, how much time into the future is needed to create such a beast?

Ahhhh....I can just see it now. Poor boy headed to the zoo with a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolates......:heart:

:happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Re: General Science Thread [Re: Magash]
    #823219 - 01/29/17 09:23 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Invisibledrawde
Re: General Science Thread [Re: Stoneth]
    #823226 - 01/29/17 06:25 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Contrary to the common belief it is possible to train nematodes such as C. elegans using standard animal training methods (positive reinforcement and negative punishment). The animals shown in this video have been trained to crawl into a smiley face.. (Hint: Heads of worms are brighter than their tails)

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: General Science Thread [Re: Magash]
    #823233 - 01/30/17 01:52 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

Dont forget to romance them with a bundle of fresh bananas :wink:

I got another question: CBD is found mostly in the Rutellis (spelling?) species. Any theories of why its in those species and not sativa or indica species?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#823234 - 01/30/17 02:59 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I believe I recently posted about root-based applications of hexanoic acid to cannabis. One of the linked articles in that post talks about the relative expression of CBD synthesis enzymes in hemp cultivars, and discussed a theory for why this is. I would imagine that the explanation for C. ruderalis would be the same, since hemp growers were not focused on secondary metabolites when breeding hemp cultivars.

I honestly can't remember why, and I have to get ready for work, but I'll try and get back to this sometime today.:pipesmoke:

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823237 - 01/30/17 08:03 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

awesome, thanks Data.

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

#823363 - 02/02/17 06:53 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

So, I've been looking over several studies, and there doesn't seem to be a clear consensus on the functions of the various cannabinoids.

The primary functions of the major cannabinoids are mostly shared, both THC and CBD absorb large amounts of UV radiation, and there seems to be a positive correlation between mild UV exposure and an increase in THC production.

CBD and CBC are very closely related from a structural standpoint, to the point where some types of resin content tests may not be able to tell the difference. CBCa, CBDa, and THCa all participate in necrosis of cannabis tissue by breaking down the membrane potential in mitochondria. This, combined with the many cannabinoids' antibacterial and anti-fungal properties...and their careful storage in delicate "bombs" at and above the flower surface, all suggest that these cannabinoids may be involved in a first line pathogen defense, and a "cut your losses and retreat" function in damaged tissues. This would all help to concentrate resources to only healthy flower tissue during seed development. If this effect works on other plant tissue, it could be a way for a newly stretched plant to cut its way through competing vegetation in a crowded canopy, thus providing adequate light to generate the energy stores for the batch of seeds it is trying to develop.

And so, we are only left with the one real difference between the cannabinoids, and that is the relative psychoactivity on animals. Many animal species' nervous systems are affected by THC, mainly in a depression effect. This would deter certain herbivores (or really any organism with cannabinoids receptors) from damaging the tender flower tissue. This could explain why natural populations in more equatorial climates (more likely to be plagued by bugs and herbivores) would naturally express a more psychoactive cannabinoid cocktail. Ruderalis typically grows in cooler or more harsh climates, with less insect and herbivore predators to worry about, and thus would be mainly defending against UV and pathogenic threats, thus eliminating the need to expend energy producing THC.

It could also just be a product of pseudoselective breeding, where more psychoactive strains of cannabis are more likely to be protected/propagated by early humans. :shrug:

TLDR: We don't know, but there are some neat theories out there to consider based on what we do know.

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823374 - 02/02/17 11:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Can u explain colors of light? Like 5000K and 6500k?

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: General Science Thread [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 3
    #823376 - 02/03/17 05:08 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Color temperature refers to the averaged color of light (the particular proportions of various wavelengths) that would be emitted by what's called an "ideal black body" at that temperature.

An ideal black body is a hypothetical surface that has an emissivity of exactly 1. It is called a black body because at normal room temperatures it absorbs all visible light that falls on it, and looks like a black void. A true black body only exists in the event horizon of a black hole, but the closest we've come so far is a nanostructure coating called vantablack.

A true black body emits electromagnetic radiation in a very predictable way, based solely on temperature of the black body. The amount of total radiation given off is described by three Stefan-Boltzmann Law. The spectral density of each wavelength as a function of temperature is given by Planck's Law and approximated by Wein'so Displacement Law. The latter two describe the visible color of the light emitted by the black body at higher temperatures.

Anot easier example that nearly everyone can relate to is extremely hot steel that glows red at first, then yellow at higher temperatures, then white at still higher temperatures. This also causes the yellow light from a stand and candle or lighter flame (the soot particles forming in the flame radiate the heat at the flame temperature, giving it a yellow color).

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823379 - 02/03/17 05:51 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

:incredible:

My god man, thats incredible! What a learning experience.

U really are Data! :holyfuckdude:

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Re: General Science Thread [Re: TrueHerbCrystal] * 3
    #823380 - 02/03/17 06:03 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

:androidlol:

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #823383 - 02/03/17 09:01 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

This is a pretty cool thread idea im gonna follow it.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

#823653 - 02/12/17 10:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I got one:

Why is refridgator air so dry?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds