Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: The official fringe sciences and ufo thread. [Re: DeadHearts]
    #463887 - 08/19/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hard evidence that you conclude to be UFOs.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#463890 - 08/19/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Aliens come to make art in our grass. But we don't understand why because their so much more intelligent than us. Until some super genius person comes and decyphers these codes they draw, we would be forever get illegal grafiti in our crops.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: The official fringe sciences and ufo thread. [Re: King Koopa]
    #463892 - 08/19/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Or maybe im being a tard for trying to figure out an aliens motive.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineDieCommie

Loc: West of the Wall
    #463930 - 08/19/10 11:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Aliens come to make art in our grass. But we don't understand why because their so much more intelligent than us. Until some super genius person comes and decyphers these codes they draw, we would be forever get illegal grafiti in our crops.

Thats what i'm getting from this thread.

Not all of our crops.  Mostly England and certainly concentrated in the angelo-sphere.  And they usually come at night, on the weekend.  So the crop circle makers are ethnocentric towards Angelos, and have the same 7 day week cycle we do.  But they arnt human ... and this isnt evidence of aliens it something different. 

Cerology - its cereal business.

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
Re: The official fringe sciences and ufo thread. [Re: DieCommie]
    #463934 - 08/19/10 11:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:

Serology - its cereal business.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#463939 - 08/20/10 12:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what say you deadhearts? you think aliens are drawing destroying crops for the sake of art.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#463942 - 08/20/10 12:14 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

those are some crafty aliens:aliendance:

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464134 - 08/20/10 12:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
what say you deadhearts? you think aliens are drawing destroying crops for the sake of art.

I think someone is trying to send us a message. Many of these formations
directly relate to our DNA as well as our planet. If you look at the
bottom left image of the ones you posted it is clearly representing
what looks to be a magnetic field.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#464323 - 08/20/10 04:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If they wanted to send us that message, and have already discovered our planet then there are more obvious ways they could accomplish this.  The only reasons we use universal symbols in our seti broadcast is to let aliens know intelligent life is out there.  If we had already discovered and were able to visit the planet I would doubt we, or other intelligent life, would try and communicate so clandestinely.

As I've said before there may exist UFOs and there may even exist unexplained crop circles, though I'm sure nearly two-thirds are easily explained, does not mean they are of extraterrestrial origin.  Maybe the government is making them to keep us distracted. :shrug:  Certainly doesn't seem any less probable then that of extraterrestrial origin.  Really that's what neal degrasse tyson was getting at in the video.  Not that there aren't unexplained things but that we reach conclusions of extraterrestrials without any real evidence that would undoubtedly reach such a conclusion.  Even radiation ect could be planted, though I wouldn't have the slightest clue why a government would be doing such.  But then as I've explained above it wouldn't make much sense for an alien species to do such either.

Essentially just because something is unexplainable doesn't mean you can conclude aliens, when there are many equally unlikely scenarios that could unfold.  You can't rationalize, you need evidence that would directly point to that conclusion. At least that's my feelings on the subject and the feelings of anyone legitimately involved in the field of science.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (08/20/10 04:14 PM)

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: The official fringe sciences and ufo thread. [Re: THEBats]
    #464328 - 08/20/10 04:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Essentially just because something is unexplainable doesn't mean you can conclude aliens, when there are many equally unlikely scenarios that could unfold.  You can't rationalize, you need evidence that would directly point to that conclusion. At least that's my feelings on the subject and the feelings of anyone legitimately involved in the field of science.

Nice write up, bats.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464352 - 08/20/10 04:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
If they wanted to send us that message, and have already discovered our planet then there are more obvious ways they could accomplish this.  The only reasons we use universal symbols in our seti broadcast is to let aliens know intelligent life is out there.  If we had already discovered and were able to visit the planet I would doubt we, or other intelligent life, would try and communicate so clandestinely.

As I've said before there may exist UFOs and there may even exist unexplained crop circles, though I'm sure nearly two-thirds are easily explained, does not mean they are of extraterrestrial origin.  Maybe the government is making them to keep us distracted. :shrug:  Certainly doesn't seem any less probable then that of extraterrestrial origin.  Really that's what neal degrasse tyson was getting at in the video.  Not that there aren't unexplained things but that we reach conclusions of extraterrestrials without any real evidence that would undoubtedly reach such a conclusion.  Even radiation ect could be planted, though I wouldn't have the slightest clue why a government would be doing such.  But then as I've explained above it wouldn't make much sense for an alien species to do such either.

Listen I get the point you are trying to make, I do.
But simple remarks you make like this one "though I'm sure nearly two-thirds are easily explained" are terribly biased to on train
of thought. Where are the numbers to back a claim like that up?

Now with that said the are so very many things out there that cannot
be explained and or do not make any sense to us. We wonder we speculate
as to what these things could be and yes some people put ridiculous
claims on such events.

Now, you also said the following...
"If they wanted to send us that message, and have already discovered our planet then there are more obvious ways they could accomplish this.  The only reasons we use universal symbols in our seti broadcast is to let aliens know intelligent life is out there.  If we had already discovered and were able to visit the planet I would doubt we, or other intelligent life, would try and communicate so clandestinely."

This seems to me to be a perfect way to communicate with the people on this
planet but maybe only to thos who choose to listen. You have to think outside
the box on things like this. Dont worry you can still be rational :smile:
Maybe they choose to not interfere so directly. Maybe they cant or are not
allowed to. Some of these formations are absolutely incredible as ar as size
and the shear complexity the lies withing them and we see these things poping
up on a daily basis all over. http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/index2.html

I do not think government has anything to do with this. But you have to
question that I understand. But you also have to understand how these
formations were created. We are not talking about walking across the fields
with wooden planks here. So even if the government was behind these events
then we have to ask how. How could they have the technology to do this and
not tell us about it. I think that would be just as important as if it were
indeed beings from another planet.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#464373 - 08/20/10 04:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

You missed the conclusion

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464379 - 08/20/10 04:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

You missed the conclusion

No, I did not.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#464381 - 08/20/10 04:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

Listen I get the point you are trying to make, I do.
But simple remarks you make like this one "though I'm sure nearly two-thirds are easily explained" are terribly biased to on train
of thought. Where are the numbers to back a claim like that up?

Now with that said the are so very many things out there that cannot
be explained and or do not make any sense to us. We wonder we speculate
as to what these things could be and yes some people put ridiculous
claims on such events.

Now, you also said the following...
"If they wanted to send us that message, and have already discovered our planet then there are more obvious ways they could accomplish this.  The only reasons we use universal symbols in our seti broadcast is to let aliens know intelligent life is out there.  If we had already discovered and were able to visit the planet I would doubt we, or other intelligent life, would try and communicate so clandestinely."

This seems to me to be a perfect way to communicate with the people on this
planet but maybe only to thos who choose to listen. You have to think outside
the box on things like this. Dont worry you can still be rational :smile:
Maybe they choose to not interfere so directly. Maybe they cant or are not
allowed to. Some of these formations are absolutely incredible as ar as size
and the shear complexity the lies withing them and we see these things poping
up on a daily basis all over. http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/index2.html

I do not think government has anything to do with this. But you have to
question that I understand. But you also have to understand how these
formations were created. We are not talking about walking across the fields
with wooden planks here. So even if the government was behind these events
then we have to ask how. How could they have the technology to do this and
not tell us about it. I think that would be just as important as if it were
indeed beings from another planet.

The remark on the two-thirds thing is a little biased, the train of thought for it comes from the fact that statistically speaking among amateur astronomers, who spend more time then the general population gazing at the sky, report fewer incidents of UFO sightings than that of the general population because of their ability to explain the objects.  Likewise we have to be wary of newspapers and even "crop circle investigators" because of their obvious bias.  Also somethings is always unexplainable before it can be explained. :shrug:

The minute you start using phrases like, "I do not think" or when you said, "So even if the government was behind these events then we have to ask how. How could they have the technology to do this and
not tell us about it" then you begin going against "thinking outside the box" that you suggested I myself do.  The difference being is that I have not reached a conclusion.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464389 - 08/20/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

The remark on the two-thirds thing is a little biased, the train of thought for it comes from the fact that statistically speaking among amateur astronomers, who spend more time then the general population gazing at the sky, report fewer incidents of UFO sightings than that of the general population because of their ability to explain the objects.  Likewise we have to be wary of newspapers and even "crop circle investigators" because of their obvious bias.  Also somethings is always unexplainable before it can be explained. :shrug:

The minute you start using phrases like, "I do not think" or when you said, "So even if the government was behind these events then we have to ask how. How could they have the technology to do this and
not tell us about it" then you begin going against "thinking outside the box" that you suggested I myself do.  The difference being is that I have not reached a conclusion.

Well these astronomers actually can only see a very small fraction of the sky
at any givin time anyways so that is not a good argument. Definitely hope
I am not coming off as a prick because that is not my intention.
And of course you have to be weary of reports and everything that goes along
with them. There is no doubt about that but that is not to say one cannot
set aside the bullshit. 

Im not sure I understand how Im not thinking outside the box because I
believe the government is not behind it. Its takes a little bit of different
thinking to even question that in the first place as far as I am concerned.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#464398 - 08/20/10 05:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

Well these astronomers actually can only see a very small fraction of the sky
at any givin time anyways so that is not a good argument. Definitely hope
I am not coming off as a prick because that is not my intention.
And of course you have to be weary of reports and everything that goes along
with them. There is no doubt about that but that is not to say one cannot
set aside the bullshit. 

Im not sure I understand how Im not thinking outside the box because I
believe the government is not behind it. Its takes a little bit of different
thinking to even question that in the first place as far as I am concerned.

Yes but they're all over the world.  And they spend their times looking and scanning the night sky, with might I add more advanced optical equipment.  So yes it is a good argument to say that UFO sightings occur more often among the general population because of the misidentification of astronomical objects.

Also the comment about you not thinking out of the box comes from you concluding UFO's rather than the government.  Why would UFO's be a more likely scenario?  You also forget that I am NOT concluding anything.  But I am saying that there are plenty of scenarios available just as unlikely to be the cause as extraterrestrials and that by discounting possible government involvement you are closing yourself off to a possible conclusion.

Also you're not coming off as a prick at all.  I rather enjoy trying to explain the reason science has this viewpoint on extraterrestrials and more importantly why I also share this viewpoint.

Edited by THEBats (08/20/10 05:09 PM)

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464399 - 08/20/10 05:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Yes but they're all over the world.  And they spend their times looking and scanning the night sky, with might I add more advanced optical equipment.  So yes it is a good argument to say that UFO sightings occur more often among the general population because of the misidentification of astronomical objects.

Yes but still only a very small part of the sky is monitored at any
given time. But yes due to the number of people on this planet there
are bound to be many faux reports. But like many have said. It would
only take ONE genuine report. I believe there has already been many.
How do you disregard the reports of hundreds of government officials
from all over the world. We are talking anywhere from astronauts to
police officers.

Quote:

THEBats said:
Also the comment about you not thinking out of the box comes from you concluding UFO's rather than the government.  Why would UFO's be a more likely scenario?  You also forget that I am NOT concluding anything.  But I am saying that there are plenty of scenarios available just as unlikely to be the cause as extraterrestrials and that by discounting possible government involvement you are closing yourself off to a possible conclusion.

Why? because of the freakish anomaly's found in the stalks and dirt only
found in the formation area. No other natural occurrence is known in this
world that can be viewed in a similar way. Except if you create certain
tones underneath a flat laying bed of water. But thats not a natural event :wink:
Some people believe this is how they may be created because of the connection to the fact that most of these formations are found to be on top
of underground bodies of water. What technology do we currently have to make
that happen?

Quote:

THEBats said:
Also you're not coming off as a prick at all.  I rather enjoy trying to explain the reason science has this viewpoint on extraterrestrials and more importantly why I also share this viewpoint.

:thumbup:

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#464404 - 08/20/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
given time.

It would only take ONE genuine report.

police officers.

Quote:

tones underneath a flat laying bed of water. But thats not a natural event :wink:
Some people believe this is how they may be created because of the connection to the fact that most of these formations are found to be on top
that happen?

I've never heard if this. Where can read I read about this?

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#464405 - 08/20/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeadHearts said:
Quote:

THEBats said:

given time. But yes due to the number of people on this planet there
are bound to be many faux reports. But like many have said. It would
only take ONE genuine report. I believe there has already been many.
police officers.

Quote:

THEBats said:

that happen?

Quote:

THEBats said:

:thumbup:

Human testimony is the worst evidence that could be presented.  Also I hate to bring up the tyson video again but: "We are talking anywhere from astronauts to police officers."  They're still human, their brains are capable of the same logical fallacies as anyone of us.  Mental errors really aren't too different from optical illusions.  Our brains can be tricked and in any scientific sense eyewitness testimony is useless.  Scary that the courts do not feel this way.

Kind of an interesting tidbit about psychology, though off topic, is that the more details that someone recalls the less accurate their testimony will be.  Inversely however they are more believable in a court of law if they report more details.

Anyways, back on topic, it still comes down to evidence we can hold, prove and verify.  Also as far as technology the government has, how would I know?  The government has withheld many designs that they've later released public.  I'm also not in anyway a physicist so I could not possibly explain how it could occur otherwise.  But again I stress that does not mean there can't be other explanations.  Logic and rationalization can only go to far.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (08/20/10 05:43 PM)

InvisibleDeadHearts

#464406 - 08/20/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:

I've never heard if this. Where can read I read about this?

What are you pertaining to? The dirt? The stalks? Or the water??

If its the water it may take me a while to find it. Possibly do you own
search??

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies