Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #433618 - 06/16/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hilarious.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #433622 - 06/16/10 12:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:

ha

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: King Koopa]
    #433648 - 06/16/10 01:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #433649 - 06/16/10 01:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
:lol:

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: FRACTALife]
    #433669 - 06/16/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's a huge deal, and is going to have enormous long term effects on both the enviroment, and our economy.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: ▐▐▐▐▐
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DieselB]
    #433827 - 06/16/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

DEAD IN THE WATER
Animals Flee Oil, Crowd Shallow Waters.. Scientists Warn Of 'Mass Die-Off'

GULF SHORES, Ala. — Dolphins and sharks are showing up in surprisingly shallow water just off the Florida coast. Mullets, crabs, rays and small fish congregate by the thousands off an Alabama pier. Birds covered in oil are crawling deep into marshes, never to be seen again.

Marine scientists studying the effects of the BP disaster are seeing some strange phenomena.

Fish and other wildlife seem to be fleeing the oil out in the Gulf and clustering in cleaner waters along the coast in a trend that some researchers see as a potentially troubling sign.

The animals' presence close to shore means their usual habitat is badly polluted, and the crowding could result in mass die-offs as fish run out of oxygen. Also, the animals could easily get devoured by predators.

"A parallel would be: Why are the wildlife running to the edge of a forest on fire? There will be a lot of fish, sharks, turtles trying to get out of this water they detect is not suitable," said Larry Crowder, a Duke University marine biologist.

The nearly two-month-old oil spill has created an environmental catastrophe unparalleled in U.S. history as tens of millions of gallons of have spewed into the Gulf of Mexico ecosystem. Scientists are seeing some unusual things as they try to understand the effects on thousands of species of marine life.

Day by day, scientists in boats tally up dead birds, sea turtles and other animals, but the toll is surprisingly small given the size of the disaster. The latest figures show that 783 birds, 353 turtles and 41 mammals have died – numbers that pale in comparison to what happened after the Exxon Valdez disaster in Alaska in 1989, when 250,000 birds and 2,800 otters are believed to have died.

Researchers say there are several reasons for the relatively small death toll: The vast nature of the spill means scientists are able to locate only a small fraction of the dead animals. Many will never be found after sinking to the bottom of the sea or getting scavenged by other marine life. And large numbers of birds are meeting their deaths deep in the Louisiana marshes where they seek refuge from the onslaught of oil.

"That is their understanding of how to protect themselves," said Doug Zimmer, spokesman for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DeadHearts]
    #433969 - 06/17/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I kinda expected that to be happening already.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #433971 - 06/17/10 07:51 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

This could be one of the biggest ecosystem fuckings mankind has done in recent history.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DungenessDank]
    #433972 - 06/17/10 07:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
This could be one of the biggest ecosystem fuckings mankind has done in recent history.

Agreed.

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #433973 - 06/17/10 07:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I just feel lucky that this didn't happen in my region. We've had some close calls here, an oil tanker crashing and spilling is a real threat. When something like this happens to area's already suffering economically, the devastation of the lives of the people living there is untold.

What does a fisherman who's spent the past 30 years fishing, investing his life into his own business, do when this shit happens? Up to 50% of some coastal towns are employed in the fishing industry.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DungenessDank]
    #433974 - 06/17/10 08:04 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I guess they better hope they get reimbursed enough.

Not trying to be rude, just not exactly all much they CAN do.

Whenever my friends come over to burn we usually watch CNN or HLN.

Mainly because NPR is just not fun high IMO.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#434811 - 06/18/10 05:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: THEBats]
    #434813 - 06/18/10 05:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:

Get out of tha damn water kids and put on ur sunscreen! before you
all get skin cancer!!

OH man that is one helluva photo. Fucking horrible :facepalm:

Invisibleweilii

#434814 - 06/18/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: weilii]
    #434816 - 06/18/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

weilii said:

I posted this a while back at the shroomery. Hilarious.

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#434905 - 06/18/10 08:25 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #435211 - 06/19/10 01:53 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
I heard da gubment done recovered some confangled device from one of those UFO crafts that has the power of self renewing energy thus would be able to be used by anyone free and no more need for various industries.. meaning such technology would never be shared with the public. Bad for business.

Not to sound all :tinfoil: but through the years I've been keeping up with the whole "UFO disclosure" thing and have watched a bunch of random History Channel specials and shit like that where they have displayed some extremely compelling evidence. Like so compelling to the point where to anyone with half a brain it's fucking obvious based on some of the evidence has been brought forward and more importantly the people who have chosen to breech military security and testify about things they know and have personally witnessed and 100% of the time were of course told to keep quiet about it often with the implications of bodily harm for non compliance.

I even watched this one show where they LITERALLY recovered a CIA/FBI document and it was a fucking instruction guide on how to do a cover up, how to handle the public, how to make it look "convinced". I find myself growing more and more disgusted by the second knowing that our government who has done and continued to do ridiculous unfavorable shit, on behalf of all Americans in the eyes of the world mind you, and when it comes down to it they don't tell the public a fucking thing and frequently concoct bold face lies to spew to the American public and they just fucking get away with it. I feel SO disturbed knowing this, it really is to the point where I'm sure if I had the means I wouldn't be apposed to leaving for Canada, Amsterdam, Swizterland or some distant or not so distant land.

conclusion:
I'm fucking tired of the lies, the outright deception. What's worse is the constant insult to the intelligence of the American people by giving us these fucking ridiculous stories about weather balloons and other lies. To put it simply, they lie every chance they get and suppress all information to the point where they only release the bare minimum and only when it becomes absolutely necessarily, and often diluted with lies anyway. Think about how little amazing technologies we've heard about in the past 10 years or so imagine what they must be capable of, I'm sure they are well aware of cheaper more efficient ways of powering the world but are sucking us dry for all the oil before they'd ever let that information out and things like oil would become obsolete.

/rant

there was some epic thread not too long ago on the shroomery that got me into all that.

--------------------

InvisibleDeadHearts

Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #435225 - 06/19/10 02:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PsilocybinMike said:
I heard da gubment done recovered some confangled device from one of those UFO crafts that has the power of self renewing energy thus would be able to be used by anyone free and no more need for various industries.. meaning such technology would never be shared with the public. Bad for business.

Not to sound all :tinfoil: but through the years I've been keeping up with the whole "UFO disclosure" thing and have watched a bunch of random History Channel specials and shit like that where they have displayed some extremely compelling evidence. Like so compelling to the point where to anyone with half a brain it's fucking obvious based on some of the evidence has been brought forward and more importantly the people who have chosen to breech military security and testify about things they know and have personally witnessed and 100% of the time were of course told to keep quiet about it often with the implications of bodily harm for non compliance.

I even watched this one show where they LITERALLY recovered a CIA/FBI document and it was a fucking instruction guide on how to do a cover up, how to handle the public, how to make it look "convinced". I find myself growing more and more disgusted by the second knowing that our government who has done and continued to do ridiculous unfavorable shit, on behalf of all Americans in the eyes of the world mind you, and when it comes down to it they don't tell the public a fucking thing and frequently concoct bold face lies to spew to the American public and they just fucking get away with it. I feel SO disturbed knowing this, it really is to the point where I'm sure if I had the means I wouldn't be apposed to leaving for Canada, Amsterdam, Swizterland or some distant or not so distant land.

conclusion:
I'm fucking tired of the lies, the outright deception. What's worse is the constant insult to the intelligence of the American people by giving us these fucking ridiculous stories about weather balloons and other lies. To put it simply, they lie every chance they get and suppress all information to the point where they only release the bare minimum and only when it becomes absolutely necessarily, and often diluted with lies anyway. Think about how little amazing technologies we've heard about in the past 10 years or so imagine what they must be capable of, I'm sure they are well aware of cheaper more efficient ways of powering the world but are sucking us dry for all the oil before they'd ever let that information out and things like oil would become obsolete.

/rant

FUCKIN A :thumbup:

OfflineDieCommie

Loc: West of the Wall
    #435236 - 06/19/10 03:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

srstly brah, theyre all like withholding teh knowledge keepin us the victims.

Invisibleweilii
Re: Official Gulf Oilspill Disaster thread [Re: DieCommie]
    #435320 - 06/19/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone heard of this?  Its kinda like "grab your tinfoil hat" but still interesting.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order