Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleP-O

fastin
    #768573 - 02/07/15 08:03 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

After reading that sleepaid and nanny fast regularly I started reading....

Sounds like a cool way to detox and "reboot" the system.  I dont think i could hack just a pure water fast tho.  I may do just a juice fast, and start juicing a shitload of fruits and veggies for the fast

Im on day 4 of no weed today, Im thinking of doing a 3-5 day reboot fast this week.  No nicotine (ecig), No Caffeine, No weed, No Kratom, not even any supplements.

Sounds like a good way to go clean and start fresh.

So what am i in for guys?  Hows the hunger pains?  Or will i not even get em with a juice fast?

I hope i dont rip my families head off while im jonesing for my ecig, a coffee, a hoot, a burger, and my kratom :eek:

Edited by P-O (02/07/15 08:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: fastin [Re: P-O]
    #768576 - 02/07/15 08:17 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure exactly what the half-lives are for those drugs but if you want to totally zero all of them out of your system it's probably going to take longer than 5 days.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

InvisibleP-O

Re: fastin [Re: drawde]
    #768577 - 02/07/15 08:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Ya im gonna cutt caffeine and maybe kratom today, and throw on a small nic patch.... this way ill be well on my way when i start the fast and wont be a huge shock to the system.

My kratom tolerance is huge right now.... i need a breaky

OfflineBumble_Dick
loathsome brute
Male User Gallery

Loc: cage-free tomatoes
    #768579 - 02/07/15 08:30 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I've done a three day fast, only taking in water and unsweetened tea. I didn't have any real pain, moreso just feeling weak and irritated.

InvisibleP-O

Re: fastin [Re: Bumble_Dick]
    #768580 - 02/07/15 08:33 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

did you get a cold or sick at all?

I was reading that the body first expels toxins from the body during a fast, and some people get colds and chills when the body is detoxing toxins.

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#768584 - 02/07/15 08:58 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Po-dizzle, whattup man, good shit.

The hunger pains are more acute when you are not taking in an appropriate amount of fluids during your fast, of that I can assure you. Other-wise I think the a prominent issue you may encounter is a lack of concentration and general physical lethargy. Depending on the length of your fast there's multiple minor discomforts you may encounter that is related to the lack of nutrients in your body.

I will come back in about an hour with some fasting recipes, since you're not interested in a water fast.

as I mentioned in a previous thread- I recommend chewing almonds up till they're nothing and wash it down with orange juice in the mornings. My mom has some awesome juice fasts and stuff (her husband has cancer and fresh juice apparently is a big deal in keeping him healthy and strong).

Do remember to have your first meal after-fast be small and very nutritious, like some salmon and greens.

edit: cutting out caffine is legit, but fyi some people use green (or other caffinated) tea during a fast as an appetite suppressant and for supposed health benefits. Just adding info.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (02/07/15 09:04 AM)

InvisibleP-O

Re: fastin [Re: SleepAid]
    #768589 - 02/07/15 09:22 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks sleepaid :hi5:

Im not too worried about the caffeine, I dont drink much coffee or take caffeine tabs too often.  The nicotine (ecig) is gonna be harder....

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#768591 - 02/07/15 09:30 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

No problem man- this fast/diet gets recommended to me very often, I don't know if it's one you're familiar with

http://themastercleanse.org/

edit: got confirmation that she has plenty of recipes and will send them later this evening

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Edited by SleepAid (02/07/15 09:54 AM)

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#768655 - 02/07/15 11:11 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

just did 2 weeks with no herb and coffee ,still off the coffee but if I don't smoke I have a problem with sleep ,430am was the general time I would get to sleep at ,630am was the worst day and I only averaged about 4 hours a night .

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleP-O

Re: fastin [Re: dmtcorey]
    #768712 - 02/08/15 04:01 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I made my first juice today...

I bought this "big boss" juicer a few years ago, im glad i didnt sell/toss it now.

Went to the store and bought a shitload of carrots, tomatoes, spinach, apples, celery, kale, peppers, and other shit.

Just grabbed a few things that i figured might taste good together and juiced em

the "juice" actually tasted really good.  Im actually excited for this.

I eat alot of meat and bread, so this much veggie/fruit drink fast might be a nice change

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#768713 - 02/08/15 04:32 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Thats -perfect-, very cool that you have a good juicer on-hand. I think my mother and her husband are traveling, I know she's out of her home state and I havn't heard from her since I asked her for juice recipes.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleP-O

#768714 - 02/08/15 04:37 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

no worries man.  i got tons of em.  plus ill just make my own

:cool:

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #768722 - 02/08/15 06:02 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

Re: fastin [Re: Manitou]
    #768757 - 02/09/15 03:30 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

A quick comment she made (finally)

Quote:

k. so robert said good to ease into juice fasting by having juice in morning and daytime, then light supper, like salad and steamed veggies, etc.  He usually does fruit juice like fresh apple with ginger in morning, and green veggies mixed with carrot for dinner.  All kinds of green leafy veggies, parsley, ginger, sometimes raw garlic, beets, with a base of carrots.  cukes are soothing.  and then to ease out of it by starting to have veggie dinners again.  It depends how long the fast is, too.  I used to make Mondays a juice fast day, and since I was working in an office, I had large container of organic, unfiltered apple juice.  I would make it 50%juice, 50%water and make sure I had a cup of it every hour so I didn't get low blood sugar.  Now I would prefer to have carrot with ginger and lemon.  Or with kale or spinach and/or parsley.  It really depends on the taste of the person.  I think most people would do better with juice at least 4 times a day.  robert tends to be more bare bones.  I think there are some pretty good juice fast books/recipies online, too.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleP-O

#768784 - 02/10/15 07:41 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

cool

well im the kinda guy who likes to dive head first

Im on day 2 (actually 33 hrs) of no solid foods.  I could imagine a water fast being harder.. but so far this aint too bad.  I made 4 delicious juices yesterday.  They actually are kinda satisfying, seeings as im getting the same amount of fruit and veggies id eat in a full week in one day.  I also made a REAL apple juice with a dozen organic apples yesterday... that was sooooo DANK, my son even had a glass of it and loved it.

Im making larger batches and storing the in canning jars.  this way i dont need to use the juicer all day long.  That REAL apple juice was the best ive ever had, i may continue making that in the future

I did feel fatigued and craved food yesterday, on and off.  After watching 2 documentary's on juice fasting i kind expected that. Apparently after day 2 or 3 you get a TON of energy and ur body does not crave solid foods anymore.  Im not sure how long ill go for yet.  Prob 3-7 days for sure

been a week since i smoked pot, 4 days for kratom and ecig, and 2 days for caffeine and sugar (minus natural sugars)

champing this shit :bobdobbs:

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#768793 - 02/10/15 09:38 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

You are doing well, certainly! and yes, I never ease into fasts either, but I think my mom/stepdad both fast much much more often than I do.

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

InvisibleP-O

#768908 - 02/12/15 09:23 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

well today is day four... im gonna eat a homeade soup and a sandwich tonight

Surprisingly i got constipation from this... maybe its because i was taking in tons of vitamins and micro-nutrients but zero fiber. I thought i was gonna shit 4 times a day

InvisibleUltimateDevotion
TwistedByDesign
Male User Gallery

#768910 - 02/12/15 09:55 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hell, I would've figured you'd get plenty of fiber from juiced veggies. :shrug: so how ya feeling after 4 days?

--------------------
Harry Detroit in 304 made one last promise now
"I'm goin out without a trace, a vanishing act before your eyes"

Invisibledrawde
Re: fastin [Re: UltimateDevotion]
    #768912 - 02/12/15 09:58 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Juicing is essentially the process of removing the fibre

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineSleepAid
Oxford comma advocate
 User Gallery

#768913 - 02/12/15 10:01 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

I'm starting a water fast today, but I won't be abstaining from MJ for the duration. Once I get closer to chopping my harvest I'll take a quick t break

--------------------
Signature this, ho.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals